Sentinel Alan Scott vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Sentinel Alan Scott

vs.

Big Purple

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Cogito
Scott couldn't kill him, but I'd believe he could trap him in some magical bubble for eternity. Sucks for Thanos

Naija boy
Thanos comfortably.

Galan007
Judging by the ease in which Alan owned Scythe, I'd say he has a very good chance of beating Thanos.

Naija boy
Scythe is not at all interchangeable with Thanos nor can much be extrapolated from his battle with Scythe. Aside from the fact that both characters have different powersets and mentalities, Scythe got put down when lightning focused all the electricity in the city on him. Now thats impressive and all but really not even close to Thanos level.

Galan007
Downplay Scythe all you want, but he still owned the JSA with a fair amount of ease. Then Super-Alan showed up and owned him in a few panels. I don't believe Alan would stomp Thanos by any means, but it do think he'd take the majority.

Batman-Prime
I'm leaning toward Thanos or a stalemate. Thanos has some great energy durability feats and his shields are formidable.

As long as Alan isn't allowed to tap completly into the Starhearts powers he shouldn't take a majority.

Naija boy
lulz, actually saying what happened on-panel=/= to downplaying. Im actually giving details of what happened as opposed to *he owned the JSA* (the line up wasnt exactly awe inspiring... ) bypassing the actual details of the fight and expecting it to mean something. He was put down by an attack that many herald levellers would shrug off....let alone someone on the level of thanos. To use Alan's fight with him as a basis for him beating thanos is far fetched to say the least.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Naija boy
lulz, actually saying what happened on-panel=/= to downplaying. Im actually giving details of what happened as opposed to *he owned the JSA* (the line up wasnt exactly awe inspiring,) and expecting it to mean something. He was put down by an attack that many herald levellers would shrug off....let alone someone on the level of thanos. To use Alan's fight with him as a basis for him beating thanos is far fetched to say the least. thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
Downplay Scythe all you want, but he still owned the JSA with a fair amount of ease. Then Super-Alan showed up and owned him in a few panels. I don't believe Alan would stomp Thanos by any means, but it do think he'd take the majority.

So you think Alan could take a majority due to "one feat"? That's not good enough imo. Consistency is the key. What else has he done to make you think he could get the majority or even pull 2 wins on someone like Thanos?

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
So you think Alan could take a majority due to "one feat"? That's not good enough imo. Consistency is the key. What else has he done to make you think he could get the majority or even pull 2 wins on someone like Thanos? Lets put it this way: I think Alan has the better chance of incapacitating Thanos, then Thanos has of incapacitating Alan.

Starscream M
Lets put it this way: I think Alan has the better chance of incapacitating Thanos, then Thanos has of incapacitating Alan. mayhaps, but thanos has a better chance of KOing Alan than Alan has of KOing Thanos.

Galan007
Personally, I think KO'ing is out of the question for both parties.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tough fight.. not really one-sided either way.

carver9
Lets put it this way: I think Alan has the better chance of incapacitating Thanos, then Thanos has of incapacitating Alan.

And I believe you since Galan is always on-point but what feats are you using besides that one showing to come up with this opinion you have? Help me out here Galan.

Galan007
but what feats are you using besides that one showing to come up with this opinion you have? Help me out here Galan. A mixture of all Alan's feats (sans Sentinel, of course.) You're more than welcome to disagree with my opinion, though- it won't hurt my feelings any. smile

nimbus006
Thanos's energy blasts have put down Galactus (briefly), Surfer, and Thor, and impressed the hell out of Odin.

His shields have withstood blasts from Galactus, Surfer, and Magus

He's matched strength with Drax, Champion, Hulk, and Thor.

He's durable enough to take shots from Odin, Galactus, Mar-vell, Hulk, Fallen etc...

My vote goes to Thanos for majority.

Sentinel possibly takes 1-2/10.

BruceSkywalker
decent match up, thanos 8/10 ftw

JakeTheBank
I don't think Thanos could have owned the combined JLA/JSA rosters as efficiently as Alan did.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't think Thanos could have owned the combined JLA/JSA rosters as efficiently as Alan did. it really depends on the plot. plot often dictates how well someone does.

quanchi112
lulz, actually saying what happened on-panel=/= to downplaying. Im actually giving details of what happened as opposed to *he owned the JSA* (the line up wasnt exactly awe inspiring... ) bypassing the actual details of the fight and expecting it to mean something. He was put down by an attack that many herald levellers would shrug off....let alone someone on the level of thanos. To use Alan's fight with him as a basis for him beating thanos is far fetched to say the least. Nicely done. You owned him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
it really depends on the plot. plot often dictates how well someone does.

In Alan's case, he tapped into a larger portion of the Starheart than he had ever had before. Considering he's since tamed that choatic energy and is literally the most powerful he's ever been, I don't think Thanos is going to have an easy time with him at all. Even non-Sentinel Alan has incredible feats to justify him fighting Thanos in a prolonged battle.

Cogito
Originally posted by nimbus006
Thanos's energy blasts have put down Galactus (briefly), Surfer, and Thor, and impressed the hell out of Odin.

His shields have withstood blasts from Galactus, Surfer, and Magus

He's matched strength with Drax, Champion, Hulk, and Thor.

He's durable enough to take shots from Odin, Galactus, Mar-vell, Hulk, Fallen etc...

My vote goes to Thanos for majority.

Sentinel possibly takes 1-2/10.

The only ones of those who wouldn't get stomped by Sentinel Alan are Galactus and Odin. And "impressing" Odin is not necessarily an impressive feat.

Alan takes the majority, but definitely not 10/10

nimbus006
Originally posted by Cogito
The only ones of those who wouldn't get stomped by Sentinel Alan are Galactus and Odin. And "impressing" Odin is not necessarily an impressive feat.

Alan takes the majority, but definitely not 10/10

I believe Magus should be included in that list.

Surfer would also put up a decent fight against Alan, although he would lose.

And my point was that he's taken on the best at their respective "games", so to speak, (physical shots from Hulk, Thor and Champion, energy blasts from Galactus, Surfer and Odin etc...) and come out on top, for the most part.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think Thanos could have owned the combined JLA/JSA rosters as efficiently as Alan did.

I don't think Alan would've lasted as long as Thanos did against Odin or Tyrant.

Naija boy

I agree with you there,...if it was Thanos most of them would have ended up dead.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't think Alan would've lasted as long as Thanos did against Odin or Tyrant.

Considering Alan tends to hang with Mordru, I'd say he has a decent shot.

Prep-Man
Alan nowadays would beat Thanos. 6 or 7/10. His battle with JLA/JSA, Scythe, and Mordru proves he can hang with Thanos.

carver9
In Alan's case, he tapped into a larger portion of the Starheart than he had ever had before. Considering he's since tamed that choatic energy and is literally the most powerful he's ever been, I don't think Thanos is going to have an easy time with him at all. Even non-Sentinel Alan has incredible feats to justify him fighting Thanos in a prolonged battle.

Do you know how many people that Thanos would annihilate that has soloed the entire JLA? That's not a valid argument. Despero soloed the jla as well and he would get his wind pipe crushed by Thanos.

That's not a good argument. What else ya got?

Prep-Man
Like who?

JakeTheBank
Do you know how many people that Thanos would annihilate that has soloed the entire JLA? That's not a valid argument. Despero soloed the jla as well and he would get his wind pipe crushed by Thanos.

Enlighten me, Carv.

Despero would get his windpiped crushed by Thanos? The same one who fought off Cap and Superman and Power Girl with sheer physical might?

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo86/HeathFan08/joker-14.gif

Prep-Man

This is more appropriate...

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/1164185-time_to_stop_posti_ng_super.jpg

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Prep-Man
This is more appropriate...

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/1164185-time_to_stop_posti_ng_super.jpg

This hand surely looks like Carvers... big grin

Prep-Man
Hahahah!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Enlighten me, Carv.

Despero would get his windpiped crushed by Thanos? The same one who fought off Cap and Superman and Power Girl with sheer physical might?

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo86/HeathFan08/joker-14.gif

You mean that same despero that in the same arc.. got one shot ko'd by Supermans HV? Lets face it despero's durability is far below thanos.. Despero brings other tools to the table i.e. TP, Strength, h2h combat skills that makes it a good fight. However, lets not kid ourselves here.. Thanos wins that fight because his durability is above Despero's with many other things being pretty close or equal.

Nihilist
Thanos at least 7/10 .

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You mean that same despero that in the same arc.. got one shot ko'd by Supermans HV? Lets face it despero's durability is far below thanos.. Despero brings other tools to the table i.e. TP, Strength, h2h combat skills that makes it a good fight. However, lets not kid ourselves here.. Thanos wins that fight because his durability is above Despero's with many other things being pretty close or equal.

And nothing about Thanos or that same Despero suggest that Thanos is going to shit all over him or "crush his windpipe". It's just Carv being Carv.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos at least 7/10 .

thumb up

Prep-Man
With full access of the Starheart? How does Thanos win?

Nihilist
With full access of the Starheart? How does Thanos win? Where does it say has has full access and do you think the Starhearts power>>>>Deaths power?

Batman-Prime
With full access of the Starheart? How does Thanos win?

Thanos is immune to death, his shields taxed Galactus, he stalemated Odin and that was before his Upgrade. It's safe to say he is an Abstract now and >>> Skyfathers.

Prep-Man
That's the source of his power. He can dig even deeper and access as much as he wants, it just takes a lot of concentration.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Thanos is immune to death, his shields taxed Galactus, he stalemated Odin and that was before his Upgrade. It's safe to say he is an Abstract now and >>> Skyfathers.

He can still be knocked out. Death isn't the only win. Alan recently has stalemated Mordru, who is above Odin.

Nihilist
Moan,cry,b*tch about anything Thanos/marvel related Change the record its boring son.

Where does it say has has full access and do you think the Starhearts power>>>>Deaths power? thanos doesnt have death's power, so that's moot.

thanos probably wins this 6/10.

Nihilist
Originally posted by 753
thanos doesnt have death's power, so that's moot.

thanos probably wins this 6/10. He was made a extension of deaths power, which was stated in Imperative..as the only way to kill the abstract Death itself was to kill its Avatar(which the cancerverse did with their Death/Avatar. Like i said he has Deaths power.

Prep-Man
So, he's gonna be unstoppable now? Hard to believe.

He was made a extension of deaths power, which was stated in Imperative..as the only way to kill the abstract Death itself was to kill its Avatar(which the cancerverse did with their Death/Avatar. Like i said he has Deaths power. and drax was an avatar of eternity, did he gain any power up cause of it? no.

thanos does not have access to death's power, he cannot replicate her power output or reality warping or whatever. he is just unkillable because she wont have him and can deliver final death to otherwise unkillable beings that he manages to destroy with his own power. he does not have a kill-all end-all power.

Nihilist
So, he's gonna be unstoppable now? Hard to believe. Why because he's not a DC character, its stated in the damn comic that he was that powerful for that story/purpose.

Nihilist
Originally posted by 753
and drax was an avatar of eternity, did he gain any power up cause of it? no. Drax wasnt the Avatar of Eternity, he was only called the Avatar of life because he apposed Thanos the Avatar of Death.

Stop making stuff up, Death doesnt go around warping reality, she is death thats all, and for the Imperative story Thanos was part of Death as show by his feats.

Batman-Prime
Change the record its boring son.

I just tried to take some work off your shoulders, kid. So you don't have to repeat yourself wink.

Nihilist
I just tried to take some work off your shoulders, kid. So you don't have to repeat yourself wink. Show me where i stated what you said then, and try not to make yourself any more stupid than you already have.

Batman-Prime
Show me where i stated what you said then, and try not to make yourself any more stupid than you already have.

You are just one of many Thanos clones, you look and sound alike to me. I could search for it but maybe it was another Thanos-zombie. smile

Is it worth it? I don't think so. But you don't have to thank me wink.

Nihilist
You are just one of many Thanos clones, you look and sound alike to me. I could search for it but maybe it was another Thanos-zombie. smile

Is it worth it? I don't think so. But you don't have to thank me wink. So no proof then, just stick to not knowing f*ck all and talking shit son, now begone.

Prep-Man
So, Thanos still has Death on his side? Scans?

Drax wasnt the Avatar of Eternity, he was only called the Avatar of life because he apposed Thanos the Avatar of Death.

Stop making stuff up, Death doesnt go around warping reality, she is death thats all, and for the Imperative story Thanos was part of Death as show by his feats. facepalm maelstrom, the avatar of oblivion, identified drax as an avatar of life. lord mar-vell, another life avatar, felt drax's death in the cancerverse and referred to him as an avatar of life.

all abstracts can be said to warp reality

thanos has zero feats implying he has abstract level power or "death's power".

Parmaniac
So, Thanos still has Death on his side? Scans? If you mean by "Death on his side" that he still can't die then yes.

So, Thanos still has Death on his side? Scans? she turned her back on him which means he aint dying. he can still be sent to oblivion, BFRed or incapacitated.

Galan007
Worst. Argument. Ever.

Prep-Man
I know he can't die, but he can still be KO'd. Alan has the power to do it.

Worst. Argument. Ever. care to elaborate?

Parmaniac
Worst. Argument. Ever. The "he can't die argument"? I would agree because I'm pretty sure by rules that temp death would still count.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
The "he can't die argument"? I would agree because I'm pretty sure by rules that temp death would still count. depends on how long he stays down. when drax atomized him, he regenerated in seconds. of course he can still be incapactiated, trapped or BFRed

Galan007
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The "he can't die argument"? yesermm

Naija boy
Thanos wins by having a greater output, being more physically formidable( strength and durability) and overall more powerful. Not by the sole fact that he is deaths avatar.

its true just the same

vansonbee
Thanos wins by having a greater output, being more physically formidable( strength and durability) and overall more powerful. Not by the sole fact that he is deaths avatar. You forget he's majority more cunning, which works well with his durability during battle.

Prep-Man
having more output is debatable since we havent seen alans true potential. he always holds back. he just built an entire city on the moon and can manipulate time. alan right now is on a whole nother level.

quanchi112
With full access of the Starheart? How does Thanos win? Stronger, smarter, and more powerful.

Prep-Man
not convinced.

quanchi112
not convinced. Who's the most powerful person Alan has beaten ?

Nihilist
Originally posted by 753
facepalm maelstrom, the avatar of oblivion, identified drax as an avatar of life. lord mar-vell, another life avatar, felt drax's death in the cancerverse and referred to him as an avatar of life.

all abstracts can be said to warp reality

thanos has zero feats implying he has abstract level power or "death's power". Are you thick? i never said he had abstract lvl power, he did have the power of death proven we he killed things that couldnt die as there was no death at all in their universe and life had won.

Its not hard to understand that that only reason they was killed was because death had returned ie Thanos.

Eon Blue
lol

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Who's the most powerful person Alan has beaten ?

He gave Mordru some trouble. That's pretty impressive, considering even any given Legion of Super Heros roster struggles against him (And I highly doubt Thanos can take a good LOSH team..)

nimbus006
Thanos wins by having a greater output, being more physically formidable( strength and durability) and overall more powerful. Not by the sole fact that he is deaths avatar.

This.

I think it's a great fight, but ultimately, Thanos wins.

nimbus006
having more output is debatable since we havent seen alans true potential. he always holds back. he just built an entire city on the moon and can manipulate time. alan right now is on a whole nother level.

Just as the "he can't die argument" is really bad.

So is the "we haven't seen his true potential argument" sad

Harbinger
I'd probably give the nod to Thanos here. Both have about the same power output--even though Alan has a larger well to draw from in the Starheart and could potentially tap into more. Thanos' shielding is going to be indispensable here, and that, combined with his durability, should allow him to take a slight majority, 6/10 or so.

Are you thick? i never said he had abstract lvl power, he did have the power of death proven we he killed things that couldnt die as there was no death at all in their universe and life had won.

Its not hard to understand that that only reason they was killed was because death had returned ie Thanos. then you should have phrased that better. regardless, that power is irrelevant because the sentinel isnt immortal in the first place and whether or not thanos can killl him depends only on his power output, not on his connection to death

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Harbinger
I'd probably give the nod to Thanos here. Both have about the same power output--even though Alan has a larger well to draw from in the Starheart and could potentially tap into more. Thanos' shielding is going to be indispensable here, and that, combined with his durability, should allow him to take a slight majority, 6/10 or so.

I could see Alan getting through the shields through some magical attack.

Nihilist
I could see Alan getting through the shields through some magical attack. And then doing what exactly?

Prep-Man
Ko through the Starheart. Back when Alan was new, he mentioned he could probably destroy the solar system. He's much more powerful now.

Nihilist
Ko through the Starheart. Back when Alan was new, he mentioned he could probably destroy the solar system. He's much more powerful now. Starlord could only just ko a badly weakand Thanos with a cosmic cube, so i doubt Alan could with the Starheart(and going on what people said, it was stated the cube still had enough power to make Starlord God.

Prep-Man
You could say Alan was god like as well. Starheart so far has no limits to its power. Starheart vs cosmic cube would be an interesting thought.

Nihilist
You could say Alan was god like as well. Starheart so far has no limits to its power. Starheart vs cosmic cube would be an interesting thought. God like! the cube makes you God of the universe like when Thanos was the universe with the cube.

Prep-Man
And all the energy/magic the Starheart can draw could make him just as powerful. Has Thanos ever harmed someone that was intangible?

cdtm
Starlord could only just ko a badly weakand Thanos with a cosmic cube, so i doubt Alan could with the Starheart(and going on what people said, it was stated the cube still had enough power to make Starlord God.

The cube was just about burned out, good for only "one or two shots, maybe" according to Starlord, and they never show the fight (Unless there's new material, but it doesn't happen in the Thanos Imperative series.)

Nihilist
And all the energy/magic the Starheart can draw could make him just as powerful. Has Thanos ever harmed someone that was intangible? A weaker Thanos clone one shotted Vision tryin to go intangable on him.Originally posted by cdtm
The cube was just about burned out, good for only "one or two shots, maybe" according to Starlord, and they never show the fight (Unless there's new material, but it doesn't happen in the Thanos Imperative series.) That was at the end of Imperative, im talking about when he hit him with the cubes power in Thanos Imperative:Ignition

Prep-Man
He might be able to do it to Alan, but Alan has far greater power than Vision.

Nihilist
He might be able to do it to Alan, but Alan has far greater power than Vision. And that clone was far weaker than the real Thanos

cdtm
Alan Scott can just trap Thanos in a time loop or freeze time.

In Crisis Times Five he used the green flame to speed up time on a race and watched it evolve and go into extinction in less time then it takes to finish a cup of coffee.

Prep-Man
Alan can draw on various magic, right? He can tap into Fate's spells, Zatanna's, etc... Alan has more choices than Thanos, I believe.

carver9
The only thing that I am seeing about Alan is nothing but "if" and potential. What has he actually done on panel to suggest that he could beat Thanos?

Digi
Alan can draw on various magic, right? He can tap into Fate's spells, Zatanna's, etc... Alan has more choices than Thanos, I believe.

Er, not really. The Starheart is the conduit for DC magic, and arguably its strongest magical presence, but can't actively tap other powers. He's not Black Alice with a power ring, after all.

The only thing that I am seeing about Alan is nothing but "if" and potential. What has he actually done on panel to suggest that he could beat Thanos?

He's got enough to make it a conversation. A couple ridiculous raw power feats, legit teambuster status, etc. Personally I don't think he'd pull it off, but that's me. Despite being among his biggest fans on KMC, I've never been at the very front of the Alan power level bandwagon.

cdtm
That was at the end of Imperative, im talking about when he hit him with the cubes power in Thanos Imperative:Ignition

They didn't show that fight either, and Quill claimed it could barely stun Thanos because it was so drained.

Naija boy
Originally posted by cdtm
Alan Scott can just trap Thanos in a time loop or freeze time.

In Crisis Times Five he used the green flame to speed up time on a race and watched it evolve and go into extinction in less time then it takes to finish a cup of coffee.

Scans of alan freezing time on an opponent ever? Surfer was able to suspend a woman in time by encasing her in a floating cosmic limbo, but in a CIS on battle this would not be a tactic that i would use to give him the win against thanos.

Additionally most of the stuff brought forth on the Alan side has been speculative or far fetched extrapolation.

carver9
Thanos kills him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 The only thing that I am seeing about Alan is nothing but "if" and potential. What has he actually done on panel to suggest that he could beat Thanos?

hang with mordru. and mordru would destroy thanos.

vince_slice
They didn't show that fight either, and Quill claimed it could barely stun Thanos because it was so drained.

They showed the fight in Guardians of the Galaxy. Gamora commented that Starlord could of used the cube to be god.

cdtm
Scans of alan freezing time on an opponent ever?

Don't you mean, scans of Alan freezing time in any situation, in or outside of a combat scenario? Since forgetting to use powers in a fight is usually PIS, not CIS?

According to the board rules, even if Flash doesn't use his speed to win 99% of his fights in the comics, he'll use them to win all of his fights on the boards. That's because Flash not using his speed to win fights is PIS, not CIS.

I interpret that to mean if a character possesses a power he rarely, if ever, used in a combat situation in comics, it's because of PIS, not CIS. CIS is more if a character is simply lacking in intelligence or skill.

Or, Grundy having no combat skills is CIS, because he's dumb. Thor not using his hammer as a guided missile to blitz everyone is PIS, because that would make most of his fights uninteresting and be bad for plot.

Naija boy
hang with mordru. and mordru would destroy thanos.

More ambiguity. Scans of what "hanging" with mordru actually entails?

Naija boy
Don't you mean, scans of Alan freezing time in any situation, in or outside of a combat scenario? Since forgetting to use powers in a fight is usually PIS, not CIS?

According to the board rules, even if Flash doesn't use his speed to win 99% of his fights in the comics, he'll use them to win all of his fights on the boards. That's because Flash not using his speed to win fights is PIS, not CIS.

I interpret that to mean if a character possesses a power he rarely, if ever, used in a combat situation in comics, it's because of PIS, not CIS. CIS is more if a character is simply lacking in intelligence or skill.

Or, Grundy having no combat skills is CIS, because he's dumb. Thor not using his hammer as a guided missile to blitz everyone is PIS, because that would make most of his fights uninteresting and be bad for plot.

PIS as i know it refers to characters failing to use powers or abilities that they have been shown to utilize within combat in order to further the plot. Hence why Flash not using his speed in some fights would be PIS. Since he has displayed this power in combat enough times for us to realize it is part of his character (in character), then him not using it a particular situation where he obviously should have would constitute PIS.

However if a character posesses an ability that he never uses in a combat situation in comics then it is CIS because regardless of what the plot may be, the character in question does not utilize that particular power in combat. Hence it is not "in character" for him to use it. A character lacking intelligence or skill isnt really CIS because for instance if you turned CIS off in a battle Grundy wouldnt suddenly become smarter. Thats just a limitation of his character.

On the other hand, Thor not using his hammer as a guided missile to bash everyone, or Godblasting the hell out of everyone, is CIS because its not in Thors nature (character) to fight like that. The same way surfer not creating blackholes in peoples heads every fight is CIS, because its not in his nature to fight like that.

CIS i believe has to do with the nature in which a character is prone to fighting. PIS on the other hand i feel has to do with the neutering of a character in regards to powers previously displayed and utilized (comba twise since this is the context we are referring to) in order to advance the plot at the time.

Now obviously there is some level of overlap between the two terms and hence i wouldnt say they are entirely mutually exclusive, but generally i feel that their traditional forum usage corresponds with the descriptions above.

Prep-Man
im on my cell so i cant post them, but they are in his respect thread, i believe.

carver9
PIS as i know it refers to characters failing to use powers or abilities that they have been shown to utilize within combat in order to further the plot. Hence why Flash not using his speed in some fights would be PIS. Since he has displayed this power in combat enough times for us to realize it is part of his character (in character), then him not using it a particular situation where he obviously should have would constitute PIS.

However if a character posesses an ability that he never uses in a combat situation in comics then it is CIS because regardless of what the plot may be, the character in question does not utilize that particular power in combat. Hence it is not "in character" for him to use it. A character lacking intelligence or skill isnt really CIS because for instance if you turned CIS off in a battle Grundy wouldnt suddenly become smarter. Thats just a limitation of his character.

On the other hand, Thor not using his hammer as a guided missile to bash everyone, or Godblasting the hell out of everyone, is CIS because its not in Thors nature (character) to fight like that. The same way surfer not creating blackholes in peoples heads every fight is CIS, because its not in his nature to fight like that.

CIS i believe has to do with the nature in which a character is prone to fighting. PIS on the other hand i feel has to do with the neutering of a character in regards to powers previously displayed and utilized (comba twise since this is the context we are referring to) in order to advance the plot at the time.

Now obviously there is some level of overlap between the two terms and hence i wouldnt say they are entirely mutually exclusive, but generally i feel that their traditional forum usage corresponds with the descriptions above.

Perfect way of putting it.

quanchi112
hang with mordru. and mordru would destroy thanos. Thanos would crush Mordru.

carver9
I'm not impressed by Mordu at all tbh. I agree, Thanos would crush him.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos would crush Mordru.

Not on his best day.

Thanos is good, but he isn't stomping the entire Legion of Super Heroes team, something Mordru does with regularity.

And Thanos also isn't fighting on an even level with someone as powerful as Time Trapper, as Mordru has.

Nihilist
They didn't show that fight either, and Quill claimed it could barely stun Thanos because it was so drained. Yes they did, Starlord ko'd him with a blast from the cube after Thanos had beat the crap out of the rest of the GOTG(my bad it was from GOTG#25 or 26)

Starlord could only just ko a badly weakand Thanos with a cosmic cube, so i doubt Alan could with the Starheart(and going on what people said, it was stated the cube still had enough power to make Starlord God. the cube was broken, gamora couldnt actually know how much energy was left in it and starlord didnt even know it still worked. she only spoke out of common knowledge about the CC's general power

OneDumbG0
Not on his best day.

Thanos is good, but he isn't stomping the entire Legion of Super Heroes team, something Mordru does with regularity.

And Thanos also isn't fighting on an even level with someone as powerful as Time Trapper, as Mordru has. JSA Mordru =/= LOSH Mordru... ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.