If you had a Death Note.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
What would you do?

marwash22
hit up wikipedia and find out Soulja Boy's real name; then I'd continue down the line, eliminating everyone who pisses on the music industry.

Nephthys
A noble endevour.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
What would you do?

Try to rule the world of course.

Edit: Succeed in ruling the world.

Nephthys
Such a selfish response. You should try to be more like Marwash, Aura.

TheAuraAngel
Marwash is planning to kill people though. If I had a Death Note, I would never write someone's name down in it. I can rule the world without killing directly.

Nemesis X
Well think of it this way guys. If a Death Note does exist, it proves that there's no Heaven or Hell. This discovery alone would cause a world wide panic since about every place in the world has a religion. The question that now remains is do I have the guts to do what can possibly cause the world to lose civility?

marwash22
i understand what you're saying, but no where in the OP does it say you have to tell people about the Death Note... you could write names and still have people go on believing a divine entity is the source of it all.Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Marwash is planning to kill people though. If I had a Death Note, I would never write someone's name down in it. I can rule the world without killing directly. how exactly would you accomplish this?... through fear and intimidation? Would you tell people that, if they don't obey you, you will end their life?... wouldn't you have to eventually kill at least one person to prove that you have the power to back up your threat?

TheAuraAngel
Lol threats. That is funny. That would be me begging for someone to catch me.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by marwash22
i understand what you're saying, but no where in the OP does it say you have to tell people about the Death Note... you could write names and still have people go on believing a divine entity is the source of it all.

Well the OP is asking what I would do if I had it. Destroying faith in everyone is an option but it isn't something I ain't planning to put into fruition unless it became a last resort. It's just food for thought.

Not sure if I want to be en entity that governs a world through fear. It would make me feel like an @$$ and even though there's no right or wrong in the Death Note verse, I still have my standards.

Nephthys
I don't. I fact thats exactly what i'd do with it.

TheAuraAngel
I don't. I fact thats exactly what i'd do with it.

Govern the world through fear? How selfish of you. stick out tongue

The true means to rule the world lies in becoming a hero. A hero that can stop such a murderer. stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
What would you do?

Stop others from ruling the world, and using the other Death Notes.
Said work would make me a hero.

TheAuraAngel
It would also make you a perfect suspect. I'll catch you along with all the others. Of course, I won't let you live through interrogation. 131

Nephthys
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Govern the world through fear? How selfish of you. stick out tongue

The true means to rule the world lies in becoming a hero. A hero that can stop such a murderer. stick out tongue

Selfish to want to create a better world? I think not.

How can a hero govern the world?

Demonic Phoenix
It would also make you a perfect suspect. I'll catch you along with all the others. Of course, I won't let you live through interrogation. 131

You wouldn't catch me. Not if it's easy enough to make someone else with a Death Note act out my plan, which it is. 313

Nephthys
Why are y'all assuming other people would get a Death Note. My OP just said you'd get one.

TheAuraAngel
Selfish to want to create a better world? I think not.

How can a hero govern the world?

You said my goal was selfish. :O

By being loved.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
You wouldn't catch me. Not if it's easy enough to make someone else with a Death Note act out my plan, which it is. 313

Too bad I know you have a Death Note then huh? 131

Why are y'all assuming other people would get a Death Note. My OP just said you'd get one.

Because a battle between two Death Note users would be cool. big grin

Nephthys
You said my goal was selfish. :O

By being loved.

I'm going to govern the world and kill all the vermin that infest it. You just said you'd rule it. My way is totally nicer.

Being loved won't help you rule it. And how the hell would you take over the world without writing down a single name?

TheAuraAngel
I'm going to govern the world and kill all the vermin that infest it. You just said you'd rule it. My way is totally nicer.

Being loved won't help you rule it. And how the hell would you take over the world without writing down a single name?

Not really. Your still killing and deciding who lives and who dies. I will not be harming a soul.

Loved rulers are always more effective. And by abusing the best thing about the Death Note.

Nephthys
Yeah, I'm not seeing how you wouldn't have to kill anyone.

TheAuraAngel
The Death Note as unlimited pages. I can rip out a couple dozen or so at a time and fashion my own notebook, which I'll leave where ever. I'll modify them of course that they suit my needs and whoever picks them up and write their name will die. At best, I would be considered an arms dealer. Of course, I'll take all my pictures off the internet and make sure to wear a mask Madara style. Fake name would help too.

Nephthys
The Death Note doesn't have unlimited pages as far as I know. In fact, I can recall Ryuk saying that he's stuck in the human world 'Until the Death Note is used up or you die.'

TheAuraAngel
Yes, well, if it doesn't have unlimited pages, it is pretty close. This is a book written in every day for 6 years. Plenty of pages.

Astner
Death note rule XXXI - 1. The number of pages of the Death note will never run out.

I suppose since it's magical in nature and whatnot.

Demonic Phoenix

Too bad I know you have a Death Note then huh? 131

Nah, it actually works to my advantage. 313

The Death Note as unlimited pages. I can rip out a couple dozen or so at a time and fashion my own notebook, which I'll leave where ever. I'll modify them of course that they suit my needs and whoever picks them up and write their name will die. At best, I would be considered an arms dealer. Of course, I'll take all my pictures off the internet and make sure to wear a mask Madara style. Fake name would help too.

Hmm, I wonder, would Plastic Surgery work against the Face deal?

TheAuraAngel
Nah, it actually works to my advantage. 313

Hmm, I wonder, would Plastic Surgery work against the Face deal?

Don't think just because I have a Death Note means you can find me owning one.

And I dunno. Would rather wear a mask anyway. Less expensive, more dramatic!

menokokoro
I would be the most successful person in the world, getting people to work for me, I'd still pay them of course, but I would have to do little work (just writing in the note), and I would make all of them die of old age.

Demonic Phoenix
Don't think just because I have a Death Note means you can find me owning one.

And I dunno. Would rather wear a mask anyway. Less expensive, more dramatic!

I don't need to find you owning one, I just need to know you and perhaps others own one, which I would based on actions.

Meh, keeping your options open is needed. Besides, with a mask like Madara's, you'd instantly stand out to others. 313

TheAuraAngel
I don't need to find you owning one, I just need to know you and perhaps others own one, which I would based on actions.

Meh, keeping your options open is needed. Besides, with a mask like Madara's, you'd instantly stand out to others. 313

lol the others I'm speaking of would not own a Death Note. Nor would I.

Not really. Once it becomes apparent that there is a killer who is killing people will think I'm a genius. Or a cosplayer. Whichever. stick out tongue

FinalAnswer
Not use it

Considering what happened to Light haermm

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Not use it

Considering what happened to Light haermm

So you'd sell it? :O

You're made of more win than Light so you should be okay.

FinalAnswer
So you'd sell it? :O

You're made of more win than Light so you should be okay.

I'd burn it ):<

Light was an intelligent guy with a strong sense of justice at the beginning of Death Note.

By the end, he was little more then a disgusting animal.

The Death Note ****s you up.

TheAuraAngel
Indeed. That is why I would never write names in it.

Nemesis X
Indeed. That is why I would never write names in it.

Yeah but still, you'd have power in your hands. It will overwhelm and corrupt you in time.

TheAuraAngel
Not really. If I lose it or am in danger because of it, I won't be sad to see it go.

Nephthys
The Death Note has a draw that makes you want to try it out at least once.

TheAuraAngel
I'll try it out. But I'll never risk the purity of my soul by using it personally. stick out tongue

the ninjak
What would you do?

There wouldn't be enough pages. But oh boy would I clean shop.

I'll try it out. But I'll never risk the purity of my soul by using it personally. stick out tongue

God will forgive me.

Seriously good question though. I would hate to have that Shinigami around.
But I would feel forced to take action with it.

TheAuraAngel
mv4E9175EOY

King Kandy
I think I would try and kill key people who's deaths would benefit the world... I would keep it to a minimum and only target really critical people.

marwash22
yeah, dunno why people are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

menokokoro
honestly, I really would make everyone I put in the note die of old age at the end of their allotted time alive, unless another event interferes with it, that would include murderers, rapists etc, but I would make them turn themselves in and plead guilty, that way, if they were sentenced to death, they would still be killed, just not directly by my hands. And if they weren't sentenced to death, or life in prison, I would make them never commit their crime again.

I might end up changing politicians policies, but I would be too afraid of screwing things up, even if I was absolutely certain I was right on an issue. I would receive an AMAZING education of any subject that I wanted, have people make more CGI action movies (live action is simply too limited), pretty much anything I wanted done I would have done, within reason of course.

One thing I would NEVER do, put a loved ones name in the note, and it would be really hard to put an innocent persons name in, even if I take the precautions I had above.

Samurai100
Kill Justin Bieber, for starters

Nephthys
Originally posted by menokokoro
honestly, I really would make everyone I put in the note die of old age at the end of their allotted time alive, unless another event interferes with it, that would include murderers, rapists etc, but I would make them turn themselves in and plead guilty, that way, if they were sentenced to death, they would still be killed, just not directly by my hands. And if they weren't sentenced to death, or life in prison, I would make them never commit their crime again.

I might end up changing politicians policies, but I would be too afraid of screwing things up, even if I was absolutely certain I was right on an issue. I would receive an AMAZING education of any subject that I wanted, have people make more CGI action movies (live action is simply too limited), pretty much anything I wanted done I would have done, within reason of course.

One thing I would NEVER do, put a loved ones name in the note, and it would be really hard to put an innocent persons name in, even if I take the precautions I had above.

Just a point, but whenever Light makes someone carry out something he writes down they go into a zombie-like trance. You could be seriously ****ing someone over with that, making them like out their entire life like that.

menokokoro
That's a good point. I would try and just do minor things, and make a point to let them have free will and such, and just give them insights into my point of view (unless they are really bad etc.)

Really though, in all honesty, the more I think about it, the more I just wouldn't mess with it. The Death Note is kinda evil haha.

vansonbee
I would kill manga author Seo, who has written Kimi no Iru Machi to crap!

Threaten the author of Ichigo 100% to write more like Ichigo 100% series! blahaha

the ninjak
mv4E9175EOY Heh awesome.

Light was an idealistic prick with a superiority complex.
He could've held onto that book and risen into the ranks of interpol thanks to his father.
And planned a more thoughtful attempt at human culling.
But the boy had to force the hands of fate and inspire other Shinigami to act.
It's a Nihilistic tale. Somewhat Lovecraftian. A man discovers an outer realm and brings about his downfall and everything around him.
The boy didn't talk to Ryuk enough, try to understand the wider scope of things. He just busted ahead and used the book in his own image.

King Kandy
Originally posted by menokokoro

You're only allowed to kill them within 23 days, so that idea is no good.

menokokoro
Originally posted by King Kandy
You're only allowed to kill them within 23 days, so that idea is no good. forgot about that rule. Then yeah, I would just destroy it.

Nephthys
Pansy.... uggh

UnclaimedKarma
sell it on ebay lol

I would follow lights path, not to rule the world just pass judgement.

menokokoro
Pansy.... uggh haha, well, aside from self defense, i just don't think one man should have the power to decide weather or not a man should die.

But now I think about it...yet again. I would probably hang onto it, in case of some emergency..idk what right now, but just in case.

HueyFreeman
I would hit in waves (nothing close to what light was doing)
Wave 1 - Homicidal dictators.
Wave 2- Serial Killers
Wave 3- Child Molestors
Wave 4- Pyramid scheme assholes

Each method of death would pertain to the persons actions. Meaning Pyramid scheme assholes would just have a heart attack but dictators would be made examples of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.