Grizzley kills Yellowstone Hiker "Remains at Large"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Cloud
I guess they intend to "arrest" the bear for acting well....like a wild bear (defending her cubs)

While I know this isn't how it will play out, nothing should happen to the bear IMO. She was defending her cubs against a percieved threat, in a remote wilderness area no less. While it is unfortunate someone died we should not penalize nature for being nature. Whenever humans go into what's left of the wilderness they should do so at their own risk.

Bardock42
I think I agree. In a later sentence it seems implied that they only kill animals if attacks are unprovoked.

Robtard
Bears ****ing dead and they'll likely have to kill the cubs too, if they're too young to fend for themselves.

Sad.

BackFire
Who knew that bears could kill people. This will forever change the way people think about hiking.

Grate the Vraya
We can't allow this offense to go unpunished. Otherwise, all the other species will start getting uppity. I say we kill the bear and her cubs and stick their heads on pikes facing outwards, towards the woods. That'll teach those wild animals for defending their young...sick bastards.

0mega Spawn
kill it? no rehabilitation is more appropriate. show the bear that killing is wrong. wink

Mindset
Originally posted by BackFire
Who knew that bears could kill people. This will forever change the way people think about hiking. http://i53.tinypic.com/ih4mqr.gif

Rogue Jedi
Free advice: Stay out of the woods. But if you must go into the woods, take a rifle.

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
kill it? no rehabilitation is more appropriate. show the bear that killing is wrong. wink Ah yes, take the bear away from its cubs and put it in a huge facility with other murderers and criminals to show that bear that we can be hardcore too and we don't think she's that tough. Plus, it'll be a great way to introduce bears to the very best of our culture: Things like when to drop the soap, and when not to, whose toilet cocktail goes finest with fava beans, and how to tattoo like McGuyver, or we could just kill it.

Rogue Jedi
The Bear did nothing wrong. Anyone who says different is like a idiot.

that bear will not develop a habit of killing humans because of that, so it poses no further threat. killing it is comically nonsensical vengeance

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
that bear will not develop a habit of killing humans because of that, so it poses no further threat. killing it is comically nonsensical vengeance That's the best kind.

RE: Blaxican
We should kill the bear and its children under principle that we're the superior race. All you hippies in here can go die.

Thoren
That hikers wife needs to demand eye for an eye.

The Dark Cloud
Good news, the bear gets to live

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Thoren
That hikers wife needs to demand eye for an eye.

Agreed, as long as we do the same with all sport hunters.

ADarksideJedi
That is what happens when you go into bear country!

inimalist
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Agreed, as long as we do the same with all sport hunters.

I'd imagine we might when a deer comes and complains about how we murdered their husband

I dont think we need to wait for a complaint, we should be more pro-active

inimalist
just as soon as we can put that bear in handcuffs for assault.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard
Bears ****ing dead and they'll likely have to kill the cubs too, if they're too young to fend for themselves.

Sad.

Wrong. In situations like that, the cubs are given over to a zoo or to a professional handler to raise. After that, they are eventually released back in the wild.

Mairuzu
Send in goldie locks to **** shit up

Grate the Vraya
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Send in goldie locks to **** shit up Oh yeah, great idea. Let's just piss the bears off by stealing their porridge.

Quark_666
Originally posted by inimalist
I'd imagine we might when a deer comes and complains about how we murdered their husband "look, you can keep the antlers if I can keep the scalp" laughing out loud

0mega Spawn
The bear is obviously not well educated.
any other bear would've know humans are off limits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.