Depowered Tyrant vs Hulks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Onslaught Hulk
World War Hulk
War Hulk
Maestro Hulk
Current Hulk (before being depowered)

Vs

Depowered Tyrant

Can the team win, no bfr.

zopzop
Annihilation in favor of DP Tyrant. He humiliates them and adds them to his list of prisoners to siphon power from. DP Tyrant 10/10. You may as well throw in a well fed Galactus in the mix to give the team a slight fighting chance big grin

h1a8
DP Tyrant aint that damn powerful. Come on now. Tryant loses here

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
DP Tyrant aint that damn powerful. Come on now. Tryant loses here

Dude he destroyed a FULLY fed Galactus. The very same Galactus that, after eating the world Morg chose for him, said "An excellent choice Morg, I havent' felt this strong in ages". Then he got his ass handed to him by Tyrant.

Tyrant draws power from the biosphere of EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE and any Orbs of Power he has accumulated and unlike Galactus he never gets "hungry". The Hulks would get destroyed UTTERLY but that's not Tyrant's style. He keeps his foes alive long enough to drain power from them. Then they screwed.

carver9
Tyrant wins but he struggling for this if he fight the Hulks like he fought Glads, Surfer and the crew. He is going to have to come hard in this fight. Wrestling Hulk like he did against Thanos isn't a good tactic either.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Tyrant wins but he struggling for this if he fight the Hulks like he fought Glads, Surfer and the crew. He is going to have to come hard in this fight. Wrestling Hulk like he did against Thanos isn't a good tactic either.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

That's a pretty strong click.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Galactus losing to DP Tyrant was PIS...

Galactus defeated FP Tyrant, but loses to the Depowered version...and why??

Because Galactus "forgot" Tyrants powerset; that was pure PIS...

Galactus isnt human or even an organic being to begin with, thus, he lacks neurons and neuron receptors that are subject to misfiring or failing (for one reason of another) to recieve a signal; Galactus should NEVER forget anything as a result...especially since (in the storyline) he had just recently ran into DP Tyrant during the Herald Ordeal.

That event did occur and Galactus got punked, but lets not ignore the teratons of PIS needed to make that event go down as it did...

TheLordofMurder
But to get back on topic, I believe DP Tyrant defeats all of the Hulks as well...

Batman-Prime
I think the Hulks win this, without bfr smile.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I think the Hulks win this, without bfr smile.

Wow... I'm guessing you are saying this because its not a DC character.

Batman-Prime
Wow... I'm guessing you are saying this because its not a DC character.

No. Put Superman in Tyrants place or Darkseid without OE/OS and the result will be the same (slugfest-engerybeams only, you know?).

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Galactus losing to DP Tyrant was PIS...

Galactus defeated FP Tyrant, but loses to the Depowered version...and why??

Because Galactus "forgot" Tyrants powerset; that was pure PIS...

Galactus isnt human or even an organic being to begin with, thus, he lacks neurons and neuron receptors that are subject to misfiring or failing (for one reason of another) to recieve a signal; Galactus should NEVER forget anything as a result...especially since (in the storyline) he had just recently ran into DP Tyrant during the Herald Ordeal.

That event did occur and Galactus got punked, but lets not ignore the teratons of PIS needed to make that event go down as it did...

LoM, apparently a LOT had changed since the day Galactus beat and "depowered" Tyrant. If you check his respect thread, even BEFORE the final showdown, DP Tyrant punked Galactus and Galactus was forced to leave without his herald, the very same herald he went out of his way to find. The Surfer couldn't believe it and even commented that it's not in Galactus' nature to appease an enemy.

Secondly, DP Tyrant, draws power from the biosphere of EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE. He even felt pain as Galactus devoured a planet. Why would Galactus created a being in his image as a "son" and give him that power set? Every time Galactus 'feasted' Tyrant would feel "white hot pain stabbing his chest". That makes ZERO sense unless Tyrant somehow unlocked this ability AFTER Galactus had exiled him in order to make up the power differential between his FP and DP self. Also capturing beings and draining their energy to be used later could not have been something Galactus had originally created him to do. In his respect thread, Thanos unlocks information on Tyrant and the whole draining thing is something he picked up while in exile.

Thirdly, before they fought, Galactus had eaten a specially selected world by Morg, and Galactus claimed that "he hadn't felt this strong/powerful in ages." Also he wanted to face DP Tyrant on his terms on his home turf! This is all on panel.

So could the final showdown have been written better? Yes, I mean look at the horrendous dialogue. But make no mistake, DP Tyrant was>= Galactus.

TheLordofMurder
I have an easy answer for all your points; same writer!

PIS begats PIS; Galactus yeilding to an enemy as the writer had him doing is completely out of character and illogical to do against a version of Tyrant that is weaker than the original...

And Galactus knew that Tyrant fed off of BSE before the battle begun as he, and this is directly stated on panel, "forgot" that Tyrant absorbs it...

Galactus feeding to be at full strength for the encounter with DP Tyrant makes sense, but then the writer adds an enormous amount of PIS to the equation by making Galactus fight Tyant like a complete idiot; Galactus makes terrible attack choice after terrible attack choice...all in the sake of "forgetting" that everything he is doing plays to Tyrants strengths.

And yeah, the final battle featured horrible dialog, but thats not all; it featured far too much PIS for my liking as well...the writer fully intended to make Galactus "job" as he'd been doing the entire storyline; the writer succeeded in this goal.

zopzop

But it wasn't the same writer!

Silver Surfer 82 (the punking of Galactus) :
Editor In Chief - Tome Defalco
Writer - Ron Marz

Silver Surfer 109 (the final showdown)
Editor In Chief - Bob Harras
Writer - Mike Lackey

You unfairly assume this. You assume he was weaker. Check the scans. Tyrant clearly says he hid for millenia hoarding power till he was strong enough to show his face. DP Tyrant draws power from the biosphere of EVERY PLANET in the universe (stated on panel and this couldn't be something he was created to do as it would defy all common sense) and the Orbs he stores energy he siphons from his victims from. This Orb power source was hinted at something he learned in exile and not an ability he was created with.

Sundipped

He was toying with them just like he'd toy with the Hulks. He needed the heroes to power his ship.

What makes you think he could'nt wrestle any Hulk like he did Thanos. Thanos has embarassed Hulk with a pimp slap. Literally.

Harbinger
Team could win if Tyrant tries to slug it out. With nothing to gain in a forum battle (IE, energy), he'd have no reason to. As such, Tyrant wins, but has to work for it given the raw power the Hulks possess.

celestialdemon
Hulks stand no chance here.

carver9
Originally posted by Harbinger
Team could win if Tyrant tries to slug it out. With nothing to gain in a forum battle (IE, energy), he'd have no reason to. As such, Tyrant wins, but has to work for it given the raw power the Hulks possess.

h1a8
Dude he destroyed a FULLY fed Galactus. The very same Galactus that, after eating the world Morg chose for him, said "An excellent choice Morg, I havent' felt this strong in ages". Then he got his ass handed to him by Tyrant.

Tyrant draws power from the biosphere of EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE and any Orbs of Power he has accumulated and unlike Galactus he never gets "hungry". The Hulks would get destroyed UTTERLY but that's not Tyrant's style. He keeps his foes alive long enough to drain power from them. Then they screwed.

This is DP Tyrant, do you know the difference. Also I don't buy that drawing power from the biosphere of every planet in the universe. That is like saying that Sentry has the power of a million exploding Suns. Maybe Tryant draws 1 billionth of a watt of power from each planet.

zopzop
This is DP Tyrant, do you know the difference. Also I don't buy that drawing power from the biosphere of every planet in the universe. That is like saying that Sentry has the power of a million exploding Suns. Maybe Tryant draws 1 billionth of a watt of power from each planet.

Why don't you LOOK at the scans before giving your opinion? "DP" Tyrant stated it on panel and when Galactus ate a random planet somewhere in the universe, "DP" Tyrant felt "pain" and stated that was one less world for him to draw power from. This is backed up by his Handbook entry. You have proof two ways on panel AND in handbooks. It's not really debatable at this point unless you just want to ignore facts, but that's your business.

If he was drawing "a billionth of a watt of power from each planet" how would he feel sharp pain if Galactus devoured just one planet out of the billions (trillions?) that exist in the universe? How would he even know if it's such a small percentage? Unless "DP" Tyrant is omniscient. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Physically, Hulk alone would give Tyrant a good fight h2h.

zopzop
Physically, Hulk alone would give Tyrant a good fight h2h.

Like he gave Zeus a good fight? roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Like he gave Zeus a good fight? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tyrant isn't Zeus.

h1a8
Why don't you LOOK at the scans before giving your opinion? "DP" Tyrant stated it on panel and when Galactus ate a random planet somewhere in the universe, "DP" Tyrant felt "pain" and stated that was one less world for him to draw power from. This is backed up by his Handbook entry. You have proof two ways on panel AND in handbooks. It's not really debatable at this point unless you just want to ignore facts, but that's your business.

If he was drawing "a billionth of a watt of power from each planet" how would he feel sharp pain if Galactus devoured just one planet out of the billions (trillions?) that exist in the universe? How would he even know if it's such a small percentage? Unless "DP" Tyrant is omniscient. roll eyes (sarcastic) Do you know the difference between full powered tyrant and depowered tryant? I don't think you do.

With that said, it is irrelevant to how much energy Tryant SAID he is getting since he hasn't shown that much energy output. Superman has done feats that require far more energy than he can get from sun light. Hell, a sun dipped Superman performed a feat that took thousands of galaxies of power to achieve. So cares about what is said if it contradicts what IS SHOWN.

Gladiator was a match for Tryant so these Hulks will crush him.

zopzop
Do you know the difference between full powered tyrant and depowered tryant? I don't think you do.

With that said, it is irrelevant to how much energy Tryant SAID he is getting since he hasn't shown that much energy output. Superman has done feats that require far more energy than he can get from sun light. Hell, a sun dipped Superman performed a feat that took thousands of galaxies of power to achieve. So cares about what is said if it contradicts what IS SHOWN.

Gladiator was a match for Tryant so these Hulks will crush him.

Now I know you didn't even bother to LOOK at the damn scans if you believe Gladiator was a match for Tyrant.

And as to the difference between FP and "DP" Tyrant, get back to me when you realize what happened when "DP" Tyrant met Galactus again after returning from exile.

cdtm

PIS begats PIS; Galactus yeilding to an enemy as the writer had him doing is completely out of character and illogical to do against a version of Tyrant that is weaker than the original...

Agreed, that was PIS and made no sense.

So DP Tyrant puts in a better performance against Big G then FP Tyrant does, yet this supposedly "Uber DP Tyrant" also does a lot worse against Thanos than a weakened Galactus does...?

I call shenanigans.

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm

So DP Tyrant puts in a better performance against Big G then FP Tyrant does, yet this supposedly "Uber DP Tyrant" also does a lot worse against Thanos than a weakened Galactus does...?

I call shenanigans.

Did you at least look at the scans regarding the DP Tyrant/Thanos fight and the DP Tyrant that returned from exile vs FP Tyrant/Galactus fight?

Harbinger
Physically, Hulk alone would give Tyrant a good fight h2h. Nah, Tyrant would drop Hulk before Banner became strong enough to be a threat.

carver9
Originally posted by Harbinger
Nah, Tyrant would drop Hulk before Banner became strong enough to be a threat.

Why is that?

Harbinger
Because physically, Tyrant is far superior to one Hulk? Base, Banner alone isn't much of a challenge against someone that high up the food chain.

h1a8
Now I know you didn't even bother to LOOK at the damn scans if you believe Gladiator was a match for Tyrant.

And as to the difference between FP and "DP" Tyrant, get back to me when you realize what happened when "DP" Tyrant met Galactus again after returning from exile. I saw the scans years ago dude.

Gladiator lost because of distraction. He was a match for Tryant as shown when he was matching his blasts. If BRB didn't get thrown into him then Glads wouldn't got cheapshot blasted (which did almost no damage to him but opened him up for a physical blow). So Tryant beat Glads by a cheapshot combo.

If one of Tyrant's blasts fail to cause any serious damage to Surfer and Glads then there is no way he is doing anything to these Hulks for long with their Healing factors. Plus Thanos put up some physical resistance against him (although Thanos had his wrists which is an advantage over someone stronger). These Hulks are stronger than Thanos and should crush Tryant.

Tryant will put up a good fight and probably kill or ko a Hulk or two but he will eventually lose.

carver9
I saw the scans years ago dude.

Gladiator lost because of distraction. He was a match for Tryant as shown when he was matching his blasts. If BRB didn't get thrown into him then Glads wouldn't got cheapshot blasted (which did almost no damage to him but opened him up for a physical blow). So Tryant beat Glads by a cheapshot combo.

If one of Tyrant's blasts fail to cause any serious damage to Surfer and Glads then there is no way he is doing anything to these Hulks for long with their Healing factors. Plus Thanos put up some physical resistance against him (although Thanos had his wrists which is an advantage over someone stronger). These Hulks are stronger than Thanos and should crush Tryant.

Tryant will put up a good fight and probably kill or ko a Hulk or two but he will eventually lose.

Glads was never a match for Tyrant. Get that outta here.

carver9
By the way, Thanos was amped when he face Tyrant and actually stole some of Tyrant power along with having the orb with him. He basically prepped before the fight so using Thanos in your argument didn't aid you since Tyrant was fighting against his own power and the orb.

You must didn't read that part?

doomsday5.0
tyrant fcks him up

Diesldude
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
No. Put Superman in Tyrants place or Darkseid without OE/OS and the result will be the same (slugfest-engerybeams only, you know?).

I have to disagree here with you bro.

Hulks gets pounded to guacamole.

cdtm
Yeah, the way Glads got owned really made him look like Tyrants equal.

He survived getting KOed from a single attack, which is impressive considering it's Tyrant, but he never had a chance.

Sundipped
Originally posted by cdtm

I call shenanigans.

Tyrant owned Thanos. What are you talking about? Big G tried to use tech and that's what did him in the second time.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
Tyrant owned Thanos. What are you talking about? Big G tried to use tech and that's what did him in the second time.

The Galactus fight was poorly written, everyone admits to that. You can tell by the HORRENDOUS dialogue that something craptacular was going on.

But aside from that -

Regarding Thanos : Thanos had 6 isssues of "prep time" to take on "DP" Tyrant, that's what the ENTIRE Cosmic Powers 1-6 was about. Thanos quest to challenge himself against a powerful opponent but first he had to find his strengths and weaknesses. Thanos went searching for info on Tyrant and came across Terrax who told him the "orbs of power are both his biggest strength and greatest vulnerability should it be used against him." Thanos then gets his hands on an orb and challenges Tyrant. Tyrant by his very nature DOESN'T go in for the kill immediately, just KO because he sees all creatures as a potential power source to draw energy from. Thanos with orb held his own until Tyrant had enough and wanted to kill him, then Thanos tped away.

Regarding his fight vs Surfer and the other high heralds - he STATED on panel he didn't want them dead, that they were kept alive to be drained and to power his vessel. He was draining power both from them and their weapons. Apparently he can even draw power from mystic artifacts because Stormbreaker was there and it was getting drained. Pro tip, how did he lift Stormbreaker and place it into his machine? Did he overpower on of Odin's enchantments?

Regarding his Galactus encounters - Galactus wanted no part of DP Tyrant. Their first meeting after his exile, he claims to have been in hiding till he had gained his power back (so does the term "DP" is meaningless) and now he could reclaim his empire. Galactus took Tyrant by surprise and Tyrant wasn't ready for Galactus, yet it was Tyrant that made Galactus back down, not the other way around.

Before their final showdown. Galactus told Morg to find him a suitable world so that he would be at his best for the Tyrant fight, also Galactus wanted to fight Tyrant on HIS terms on HIS home territory. Galactus claimed he hadn't felt this strong in ages after he devoured that world and went back to his worldship to prepare.

I agree that the final showdown SUCKED. Bad writing and improbable scenarios (Galactus "forgetting" Tyrant's powerset is just one of them).

The scans are in the Tyrant Respect thread so people can view them for themselves.

Sundipped
^
Yeah I'm familiar with the story.
I agree with everything except Thanos holding his own. He got what, like maybe 2 licks in? Orb assisted.

Good question about Stormbreaker. Tyrant's the only one there who could've lifted it. Either that or he forced Bill to hook it up.

Youre right about tyrant being depowered. There is no such thing. He would've never took on Big G in a lesser state than he was in their first confrontation. Galactus knows how strong he still is. He had to leave empty handed without Morg. Really Tyrant's only desized.

Final showdown sucked no doubt about it. Even if Big G forgot his powerset, isn't his cosmic awareness supposed to alert him?

Anyway kudos to the recently added scans you put in his respect thread. It'll help everybody to get a better grasp of the story who aren't familiar with it.

Nihilist
^
Yeah I'm familiar with the story.
I agree with everything except Thanos holding his own. He got what, like maybe 2 licks in? Orb assisted.

Good question about Stormbreaker. Tyrant's the only one there who could've lifted it. Either that or he forced Bill to hook it up.

Youre right about tyrant being depowered. There is no such thing. He would've never took on Big G in a lesser state than he was in their first confrontation. Galactus knows how strong he still is. He had to leave empty handed without Morg. Really Tyrant's only desized.

Final showdown sucked no doubt about it. Even if Big G forgot his powerset, isn't his cosmic awareness supposed to alert him?

Anyway kudos to the recently added scans you put in his respect thread. It'll help everybody to get a better grasp of the story who aren't familiar with it. Thanos did get in a punch without the aid of the orb which floored Tyrant, other than that he prolly got in another 3 hits/blasts which was equal to what Tyrant got in.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos did get in a punch without the aid of the orb which floored Tyrant, other than that he prolly got in another 3 hits/blasts which was equal to what Tyrant got in.

Tyrant didn't get floored by a clean punch. It was a orb shot that brought him down to a knee.

It didn't even look like Thano's first blast even hurt him so it evens out to bout 3 apiece. Tyrant's shots look so much more damaging though.
If you count the explosion, that's a extra shot for Tyrant. Or maybe proof of extra durability.

Nihilist
Tyrant didn't get floored by a clean punch. It was a orb shot that brought him down to a knee.

It didn't even look like Thano's first blast even hurt him so it evens out to bout 3 apiece. Tyrant's shots look so much more damaging though.
If you count the explosion, that's a extra shot for Tyrant. Or maybe proof of extra durability. Im not doubting Tyrants superiority in all areas over Thanos, but i was sure Thanos punched Tyrant mid fight without the aid of the orb which floored Tyrant.

Sundipped
^
nah. It was a pretty good orb right cross.

Nihilist
^
nah. It was a pretty good orb right cross. Im not takling about that hit, Thanos smashes Tyrant in the face with his fist.

Have you got the comic or is it on disc? the reason i ask is because i have both, and on the disc that scan is missing for some reason..i can postthe sacn if you wish.

zopzop
^
nah. It was a pretty good orb right cross.

I think Nihilist is referring to this scan :
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Is it me or does the Orb switch places in Thanos hands between the punch and the blast? I think the artist merely messed up. He meant to depict the hand Thanos punched Tyrant with to be the one holding the Orb.

Nihilist
I think Nihilist is referring to this scan :
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Is it me or does the Orb switch places in Thanos hands between the punch and the blast? I think the artist merely messed up. He meant to depict the hand Thanos punched Tyrant with to be the one holding the Orb. I honestly dont think the artist messed up as you said the orb is in Thanos other hand, if he had messed up imo the orb wouldnt be seen at all.

zopzop
Originally posted by Nihilist
I honestly dont think the artist messed up as you said the orb is in Thanos other hand, if he had messed up imo the orb wouldnt be seen at all.

The only reason I say the artist messed up was, aside from this attack, ALL his other attacks that phased Tyrant were by using the orb, either to blast or use it as a bludgeoning weapon. We saw how desperately Thanos reached for the orb when it was knocked out of his hand.

Now we have this one scan, where he's holding the orb in his left hand while punching with his right hand. Then the VERY next panel, he's holding it in his right hand, the same hand he threw the punch with the VERY last panel!

There is no way to say with 100% certainty either way, but taking everything into consideration, I'd say the artist intended for the orb to be in the hand Thanos threw the punch with.

PS This is the scan you were talking about right Nihilist?

Sundipped
Ok then it was 2 right crosses. One with the orb, one without it. Haven't seen it in a while. Forgot about it.

As far as what hand is holding the orb, it's possible for Thanos to switch hands off panel I guess.

Nihilist
The only reason I say the artist messed up was, aside from this attack, ALL his other attacks that phased Tyrant were by using the orb, either to blast or use it as a bludgeoning weapon. We saw how desperately Thanos reached for the orb when it was knocked out of his hand. The reason i believe he reached for the orb desperately was due to Tyrants clear power advantage over Thanos and as Thanos main aim was to steal the orb, if Tyrant had regained the orb Thanos would have never got it back.

He could have just switched hands, just as in one panel he is holding it in both hands then in just 1.

Agree to disagree then, as the artist had already done that before, this time he just wanted to show a clear punch imo

Yes

the Darkone
DP Tyrant will slaughter the Hulks!

h1a8
I think Onslaught Hulk will seriously do some hurting to Tryant.
My reasoning is that Onslaught did the virtually impossible and pierced Juggernaut like tissue paper. This means that Onslaught has strength beyond anything we seen (Tryant included). Now Onslaught Hulk not only overpowered Onslaught but cracked his chest. This means that Onslaught Hulk was operating at a strength beyond Onslaught, who was operating far beyond Tyrant.

So the Hulks win and Onslaught Hulk is the key.

zopzop
^

There isn't any animated gif ridiculous enough to respond to that post. So we'll just agree to disagree.

KuRuPT Thanosi
My reasoning is that Onslaught did the virtually impossible and pierced Juggernaut like tissue paper. This means that Onslaught has strength beyond anything we seen (Tryant included). Now Onslaught Hulk not only overpowered Onslaught but cracked his chest. This means that Onslaught Hulk was operating at a strength beyond Onslaught, who was operating far beyond Tyrant.

So the Hulks win and Onslaught Hulk is the key.

The ONLY reason Hulk was able to do that was because Thor cracked his armor just prior. Furthermore, cracking somebody's armor doesn't mean you overpower their strength or it's some great strength feat on your part if there is no benchmark for how strong the armor was. Also, Onslaught beat Juggs... not because of his strength and overpowering him, but through TP, so I'm guessing you haven't read the story.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The ONLY reason Hulk was able to do that was because Thor cracked his armor just prior. Furthermore, cracking somebody's armor doesn't mean you overpower their strength or it's some great strength feat on your part if there is no benchmark for how strong the armor was. Also, Onslaught beat Juggs... not because of his strength and overpowering him, but through TP, so I'm guessing you haven't read the story.

Everything that you have said is right except " Thor" cracking Onslaught shell. Thor didn't fight the same Onslaught Hulk fought. Thor fought the Onslaught that only had Charles and Magneto powers. Thor end up busting through a weaker version of Onslaught armor snatching Charles out.

Onslaught then receives a amp (and healed up competely from Thor assault before facing Hulk) by absorbing both Nate and Franklin, Thor along with Earths heroes were nothing but ants to him. Onslaught didn't suffer any damage until Hulk showed up and punched through his shields and ripped through his armor. If it wasnt for Hulk, the entire planet would be under Onslaughts control.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're correct Carver...good job

carver9
You're correct Carver...good job

mad Dont agree with me, I want to debate.

King Kandy
strength=durability?

h1a8
The ONLY reason Hulk was able to do that was because Thor cracked his armor just prior. Furthermore, cracking somebody's armor doesn't mean you overpower their strength or it's some great strength feat on your part if there is no benchmark for how strong the armor was. Also, Onslaught beat Juggs... not because of his strength and overpowering him, but through TP, so I'm guessing you haven't read the story. I read it a long time ago so I could be mistaken. But I always argued the Onslaught feat was due to psionics and not strength yet everyone here argued me down. Now you are telling me you are siding with the old me? Well too late, from the story it doesn't mention he did what he did to Juggs because of TP. If I'm wrong then please post a scan or quote something from the comic.

h1a8
Originally posted by King Kandy
strength=durability?
Now durability doesn't tell anything about strength, but strength must give a minimum durability.

For example, if one can lift 100 tons with their hands with about 5 square inches of contact area then they have the durability to withstand 5 tons per square.

So Juggs may be more durable than most Hulks but not necessarily as strong.

With that said, my reasoning is the following:

It takes astronomical (if not infinite) strength to pierce Juggs. Since Onslaught pierce Juggs then his hands has to have a minimum durability to withstand the pressure of piercing him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.