Gears of War movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GRIMNIR
Do you want/think there will be one?

i want a bad ass cast that look the part and are believable as tough experienced veteran cogs who been through hell fighting locust

Marcus Fenix - Randy Couture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAGDFeaIK74&feature=player_embedded
Dominic Santiago - Cain Velasquez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pCYzTSaic&feature=player_embedded
Damon Baird - Tito Ortiz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5HMnLOcsyQ&feature=player_embedded#at=22
Augustus Cole - Lester Speight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94&feature=player_embedded
Hoffman - R Lee Ermey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUc62jD-G0o&feature=player_embedded
Minh - Jason Scott Lee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFLyloTDOU&feature=player_embedded

a great director can extract a performance out of anyone
we don't need experienced actors in a GEARS OF WAR movie
most important factor for a movie like this is great action and plenty of it
i dont think many will disagree with Cole, Hoffman and Minh as these cast choices are very popular
dont dismiss the MMA guys straight off, look at them on videos and pics and compare with character pics, visualize them in cog gear
they will be easy sell as bad ass cogs cos they already are bad ass for real

marwash22
yes to the movie.
hell no to your cast.

BruceSkywalker
if done properly a gears of war film can be successful

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by marwash22
yes to the movie.
hell no to your cast.

why not?
who would you cast?

Juk3n
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
why not?
who would you cast?

.. confused Actors?

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by Juk3n
.. confused Actors?

its would be a gears of war movie so why would acting skills be important? seriously
why do people get so fixated on acting in movies like gears of war?

get a good director and everything else fall into place

marwash22
who would you cast? dunno atm, maybe i'll think about it later.

why not? If you want a quality movie and more than another Expendables, the cast needs to be filled with actual actors and not just meat heads who look the part.

GRIMNIR
dunno atm, maybe i'll think about it later.

If you want a quality movie and more than another Expendables, the cast needs to be filled with actual actors and not just meat heads who look the part.

expendables was rubbish because of badly directed action scenes not because of acting

marwash22
expendables was rubbish because of badly directed action scenes not because of acting suuuuuure...

Omega Vision
Ermey as Hoffman does fit though

GRIMNIR
suuuuuure...

what is with this forum?

why so many lazy arse one word replies

can you write full sentences?

IN A MOVIE LIKE EXPENDABLES ACTING IS IRRELEVANT
THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MOVIE
IT WAS DISAPPOINTING BECAUSE IT WAS BADLY DIRECTED

mad

GRIMNIR
instead of looking at it from the wannabee movie critic angle

use your imagination and THINK what kind of movie would gears of war actually be

i dont want it to be another one of those boring disppointing action films with 90 mins yapping and 30 mins total brief action

it should be heavily action oriented so then acting is not important because the director can get the performace he needs

we not trying for oscars FFS

also i think the cast would have a good chemistry between them which is important

marwash22
what is with this forum?

why so many lazy arse one word replies

can you write full sentences?

IN A MOVIE LIKE EXPENDABLES ACTING IS IRRELEVANT
THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE MOVIE
IT WAS DISAPPOINTING BECAUSE IT WAS BADLY DIRECTED

mad lol. why u mad?

There's no point in having a detailed discussion with someone who has an opinion that clearly wont change. You have shitty taste in movies; I'm not judging you and I'm not trying to convince you to think differently.

GRIMNIR
lol. why u mad?

There's no point in having a detailed discussion with someone who has an opinion that clearly wont change. You have shitty taste in movies; I'm not judging you and I'm not trying to convince you to think differently.

im mad because you are very annoying
how the hell do you know whether my movie tastes are good/bad?
only film we have talked about is the ****in expendables
as a matter a fact i am a massive film buff

GRIMNIR
look at the movie PREDATOR

this is in my top 5 greatest action movies of all time

is it a great film because of the acting?

main reason predator is so good is because it had john mctiernan at the helm
everything fell into place perfectly
awesome action, music, special effects, lots of quotable lines, atmospheric

all the acting in the film was more than ok for the type of film we watching

and it was full of "meat head" and non actors

RaizoPreston
If it's anything like the Expendable, I might just skip it.

GRIMNIR
dunno atm, maybe i'll think about it later.

If you want a quality movie and more than another Expendables, the cast needs to be filled with actual actors and not just meat heads who look the part.

are you actually a fan of the game gears of war?
do you play it?

you say you don't want meat heads, well in gears of war they are supposed to be meat heads!

if you make a gears of war film with poncey actors it wont be a gears of war movie will it!

0mega Spawn
only movies i look forward to is hancock 2, spider man remake, & jeepers creepers 3 the rest can go to h3ll

MoviezAdda

0mega Spawn
wh_y_you ty_pe like_thi_s?

Impediment
Because it's a spam bot.

Darth Truculent
In order to base a movie off a game, relatively unknown actors/actresses must be cast. Using UFC fighters as main characters is one of the worst ideas. I like the concept of a Gears movie, but it would be difficult to pull off. Although a trailer for a game, the actors would have to look something like this: http://youtu.be/wSy05OJhZ7M

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
In order to base a movie off a game, relatively unknown actors/actresses must be cast. Using UFC fighters as main characters is one of the worst ideas. I like the concept of a Gears movie, but it would be difficult to pull off. Although a trailer for a game, the actors would have to look something like this: http://youtu.be/wSy05OJhZ7M

the characters in gears of war are meatheads, this is actually an important aspect of the game

why is casting meatheads a bad idea?

for some reason so many people think that there is always a need to look at acting ability and they always assume any person who is classed as actor is ok, but if they are not classed as "actor" they cannot act out a role

we not talking shakespeare are we, its gears of war

how many great actors were in the movie predator? name one

KingD19
The black guy was a pretty good actor if I recall.

And Lester is perfect for Cole Train. Not only is he the voice, but Trains appearance is based off of him. And most of his lines will probably revolve around being loud and comical, which he's shown he can do.

jaden101
instead of looking at it from the wannabee movie critic angle

use your imagination and THINK what kind of movie would gears of war actually be

i dont want it to be another one of those boring disppointing action films with 90 mins yapping and 30 mins total brief action

it should be heavily action oriented so then acting is not important because the director can get the performace he needs

we not trying for oscars FFS

also i think the cast would have a good chemistry between them which is important

I'm thinking...I've thought...It would be a shit sci-fi action movie...The reason people like GoW the game is because of interaction...In other words chainsaw gunning the **** out of aliens.

The film would end up ****in' terrible.

And a good director would know that and not touch it with a barge pole. Hence you'd end up not with a Ridley Scott's or James Cameron's Alien(s) or a Paul WS Anderson's Event Horizon but more like a Colin and Greg Strause's Aliens vs Predator: Requiem or a Andrzej Bartkowiak's Doom.

AKA...Steaming pile of dung.

Darth Truculent
I've watched a movie that featured Couture (Scorpoin King 2) and his acting sucked. Unknown actors in a so-called Meathead movie is needed. When HALO comes out next year, Spielberg and Jackson (those are the directors and producers) are going to find actors that are compatible with characters from the game. Can you imagine Forrest Griffin as an ODST or Chuck Liddel as John-117? Hell no. Doom the movie had the Rock in it and the only thing that somewhat saved the film was Karl Urban.

Kazenji
So Halo the movie is deffently coming out next year

wheres your source?

General_Iroh
lol at the cast, if you're going to get a bunch of crappy actors at least get some that look the part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.