Galen Marek (Sith) vs General Grevious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
Battle takes place on Kamino.

Who survives?

Jinsoku Takai
This is an EPIC WTF ASS STOMP for Starkiller/Marek!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admiral Salar
Galen Marek would beat Grevious. Marek you's fourse lightning on him then fling him over the edge of the platform.

Lord Lucien
If Obi-Wan's Force Push can send him flying, then Marek's... everything, will do much worse.

Jinsoku Takai
Why not just post 'Papa Smurf vs Worf'?

SIDIOUS 66
Grievous wins with moderate difficulty. He has four lightsabers and can stand on one leg while fighting.

Lord Lucien
I don't see Grievous withstanding Marek's Force attacks.

SIDIOUS 66
Hmm? But can Marek stand on one leg?

Lord Lucien
I assume since I can, then a fully trained Sith apprentice can. The Jedi Flamingo stance is a real killer in combat.

Mizukage Yoda
Grievous, assuming this is in an indoor Kamino hallway. Grievous pwnd Kenobi at the Battle of Kamino. And absolutely destroyed Shaak Ti, even with Ki-Adi Mundi as back up. Sith Marek couldn't overpower Shaak Ti that much. And Grievous had no problem dodging her Force Pushes.

Naga Sado
If its a all out battle i think galen wins because of his force powers.But i dont get something if grevous lached himslef to the floor and could withstand mace's pushes or even stand on top of a mag level wich goes at least 1oomph then (movie **** up)how can ob1's weak force push throw him back?Oh if grevous beats vader in saber with no aggresive or defensive force powers than he gets galen pwned.

NTJack0
Galen crushes him in a marble and calls it a day.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Grievous, assuming this is in an indoor Kamino hallway. Grievous pwnd Kenobi at the Battle of Kamino. And absolutely destroyed Shaak Ti, even with Ki-Adi Mundi as back up. Sith Marek couldn't overpower Shaak Ti that much. And Grievous had no problem dodging her Force Pushes.

Logic fail!!

#1 - GG had trouble dodging Kenobi and Fisto's Force pushes.

#2 - Shaak Ti circa TCW =/= TFU Shaak Ti.

#3 - As stated in another post by come clinically insane Canadian (I think), Shaak Ti had a ginormous ***king sarlacc on her side when she dueled SK... so... yeah.

#4 - Why assume that this is an indoor Kamino hallway? Even if it was, it would make little difference, as Marek would absolutely crush GG like a pop can.

#5 - And Kenobi =/= SK.

#6 - There is no #6 yet.

#7 - See above.

axel_jovan
SK rapes GG.

chilled monkey
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-4c0eJikk

At 2:14-2:17, replace that droid with Grievous and that is what will happen here.

Basically, Galen crushes him like a cola can.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94-4c0eJikk

At 2:14-2:17, replace that droid with Grievous and that is what will happen here.

Basically, Galen crushes him like a cola can.

Yes.

Black bolt z
Grievous pwnd Kenobi at the Battle of Kamino. huh

Lord Lucien
Grievous pwnd Kenobi at the Battle of Kamino. 4:13. Grievous disarms Kenobi, taunts him, and is subsequently Force pushed in to retreat.

Not what I would call "pwning Kenobi".

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Why not just post 'Papa Smurf vs Worf'?

I want to see this. It must happen.

Korto Vos
In an all-out battle, Marek simply because of his nonsensical Force powers.

If this was just a lightsabers only duel, then I actually see GG putting up a much better fight, if not having the possibility of winning.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Korto Vos
In an all-out battle, Marek simply because of his nonsensical Force powers.

If this was just a lightsabers only duel, then I actually see GG putting up a much better fight, if not having the possibility of winning.

Agreed - In a strict lightsaber only contest, Grievous would probably overwhelm Starkiller.

Mizukage Yoda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDqpoqht5KU&feature=related
2:58.
Sith Starkiller isn't very impressive. Especially not in sabers. All out will go to Starkiller but it won't be the rapestomp everyone thinks it will be.

ares834
Lol. Yes it will be.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by ares834
Lol. Yes it will be.
This.

Korto Vos
Apart from Windu's hax Force Crush, Grievous was pretty much unstoppable in the Clone Wars Animated Series (which I see as the true version of him since he's a complete wimp and tool in the new show).

If Marek was fighting that, it certainly wouldn't be a curbstomp. If he was fighting the one in the new show, or ROTS Grievous, it would be a "rapestomp."

Lord Lucien
Animated Grievous f*cking rocked. Every other incarnation sucks. But they being the higher canon versions... Marek lawlpawns.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Animated Grievous f*cking rocked. Every other incarnation sucks. But they being the higher canon versions... Marek lawlpawns.

Wait, the new series is higher canon over animated CW? Wouldn't they both be same level T-canon?

Lord Lucien
The CGI show takes precedence. It's already begun retelling events from the anime in its own format. The animation also features "exaggerated" powers and movements from the Jedi that are never seen of them again (not even TFU boasts their skills). Grievous' accent has inexplicably been changed from metallic American to his standard Russian. The cough he gained in 19 BBY from Mace is now present at least two years earlier, with no origin given (within the show).

I see the CGI show as being something of a replacement for the 2002 anime.

DARTH POWER
Yeah I agree, I think the intention was for the new series to replace the old one. Lucas always said the original CWmini was a "test run" to see if there would be interest and an audience..

Also If I remember correctly I think we saw a flashback of "when Ventress met Dooku" in the new animation and that seemed different to the CWMini version.

Korto Vos
The CGI show takes precedence. It's already begun retelling events from the anime in its own format. The animation also features "exaggerated" powers and movements from the Jedi that are never seen of them again (not even TFU boasts their skills). Grievous' accent has inexplicably been changed from metallic American to his standard Russian. The cough he gained in 19 BBY from Mace is now present at least two years earlier, with no origin given (within the show).

I see the CGI show as being something of a replacement for the 2002 anime.

Yeah, the animation was "exaggerated," but I think it was more representative of Jedi powers than the movies. I mean, Jedi Knights are supposed to be these guardians of the galaxy with incredible reflexes and an ability to harness the Force. For the amount of rigorous training that's placed upon them, I would expect them to perform ridiculous feats and be heads and shoulders above anyone else. Yes, it was stated as an "exaggeration," but I didn't think it was as far-fetched as it was made to be.

And the new series is garbage. In 2008, IGN ranked the new series 89th in the 100 greatest animated series of all time. The original CW was ranked 21.

Vorpal Ruin
Yeah, the animation was "exaggerated," but I think it was more representative of Jedi powers than the movies. I mean, Jedi Knights are supposed to be these guardians of the galaxy with incredible reflexes and an ability to harness the Force. For the amount of rigorous training that's placed upon them, I would expect them to perform ridiculous feats and be heads and shoulders above anyone else. Yes, it was stated as an "exaggeration," but I didn't think it was as far-fetched as it was made to be.

I don't think its that exaggerated either. I mean, in Shatterpoint Mace encounters a large landslide. He says he cant control all of it with his power, but if Yoda were there he would stop the entire landslide(or something to that effect). Stopping that landslide would have been more impressive than Yoda lifting a couple ships and smashing them into eachother, imo.

ares834
Nah. IIRC he was saying Yoda could have lifted the truck that was in the landslide.

Q99

And the new series is garbage. In 2008, IGN ranked the new series 89th in the 100 greatest animated series of all time. The original CW was ranked 21.

Uh, that's still a pretty ringing endorsement. Not as good, but still has a lot going for it, more like.

DARTH POWER

New series is quite popular.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Q99
Uh, that's still a pretty ringing endorsement. Not as good, but still has a lot going for it, more like.

It's an encouraging endorsement, thought it was higher than Rugrats and FMA (hopefully FMA:Brotherhood was ranked somewhere higher), which made me lose some slight faith in the list, since those two are way better than the new series.

Okay fine, maybe I was quite harsh. It's a decent show and it has cool animation and entertaining battles. However, there are a lot of flaws, including the portrayal of villains, some of the story arcs, Ahsoka Tano, the random continuity conflicts, and the somewhat repetitive nature of the show.

Lord Lucien
Okay fine, maybe I was quite harsh. It's a decent show and it has cool animation and entertaining battles. However, there are a lot of flaws, including the portrayal of villains, some of the story arcs, Ahsoka Tano, the random continuity conflicts, and the somewhat repetitive nature of the show. To be fair, it began picking up during the third season.

Nephthys
No way is the series even close to Fullmetal Alchemist. Not a chance in hell.

NTJack0
How can you even compare them? Lol.

Lord Lucien
How can an alchemist be full of metal? He would just turn himself in to gold.

Korto Vos
How can an alchemist be full of metal? He would just turn himself in to gold.

He wouldn't quite do alchemy on himself, would he then?

If you haven't seen the show, you should. Nepthys has the right idea- it's way better than Star Wars: The Clone War.

Though NT is right, you can't really compare them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.