Bane vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

axel_jovan
Bane vs. Exar Kun

Setting: The Galactic Senate

1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All-out

Both Sith Lords in their respective primes. Orbalisks and Amulets included.

Who survives?

Lord Lucien
If Exar gets a direct hit with the amulets on the Orbalisks, they may overload and poison Bane.

That scenario aside, Bane wins.

axel_jovan

Stealth Moose
I really don't see Bane easily dodging those blasts if Kun resorts to using them. That being said, I'm not sure how Bane is going to overpower Kun in sheer Force power with the amulets' aid; it's very likely he'd win or have a close victory in saber combat.

Korto Vos
Sabers: Exar Kun
Force: Bane
All-Out: Bane in a very tough battle

Black bolt z
Each is in for the fight of their lives but Bane takes a very slight edge.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Korto Vos
Sabers: Exar Kun
Force: Bane
All-Out: Bane in a very tough battle

I'd argue the opposite. While Bane was brimming with the Force, Exar Kun gets exponential boosts from Sadow's amulet, potentially making his Force powers beyond the realm of any unaided Sith or Jedi. And if it's Force only, that means Kun can decide which technique he wants to implement:

1. The same one where he murders Odan-Urr with a wave of his hand after blocking a technique which when used on Ulic, robbed him of all Force powers.

2. Spam him to death with amulet blasts, which are in reality his Force powers in concentrated form.

3. Force push. Granted,it's not the height of his powers, but Kun likes throwing folks around like ragdolls.

In sabers, Bane's natural talent and rage, plus his amazing ability to adapt make him fierce. Kun's actual prowess, while unparalleled in his own era, only sees a few panels. He's explicitly called one of the greatest Sith of all time in terms of personal power, and matched only by Ulic in personal combat. He's also shown the ability to overcome Vodo's stick, which is, and I quote, "as strong as a lightsaber" because of Vodo's own strength and technique in the Force.

So to take that latter point further, either Kun can buff his physical strength enough to shatter something that has insane amounts of mass (seeing as it routinely deflects saber blades without injury), or he simply used the Force passively to break Vodo's concentration while in combat and owned him.

You may interpret that however.

I think it's much closer in the saber department for Bane, but Force? Especially with the orbalisk armor? Kun.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I'd argue the opposite. While Bane was brimming with the Force, Exar Kun gets exponential boosts from Sadow's amulet, potentially making his Force powers beyond the realm of any unaided Sith or Jedi. And if it's Force only, that means Kun can decide which technique he wants to implement:

1. The same one where he murders Odan-Urr with a wave of his hand after blocking a technique which when used on Ulic, robbed him of all Force powers.

2. Spam him to death with amulet blasts, which are in reality his Force powers in concentrated form.

3. Force push. Granted,it's not the height of his powers, but Kun likes throwing folks around like ragdolls.

In sabers, Bane's natural talent and rage, plus his amazing ability to adapt make him fierce. Kun's actual prowess, while unparalleled in his own era, only sees a few panels. He's explicitly called one of the greatest Sith of all time in terms of personal power, and matched only by Ulic in personal combat. He's also shown the ability to overcome Vodo's stick, which is, and I quote, "as strong as a lightsaber" because of Vodo's own strength and technique in the Force.

So to take that latter point further, either Kun can buff his physical strength enough to shatter something that has insane amounts of mass (seeing as it routinely deflects saber blades without injury), or he simply used the Force passively to break Vodo's concentration while in combat and owned him.

You may interpret that however.

I think it's much closer in the saber department for Bane, but Force? Especially with the orbalisk armor? Kun.

Wait...oh sorry, I see that I mistyped and switched around Bane and Exar Kun in the Sabers and Force categories.

No I actually agree with you. Sorry for making you type that up.

moggo09
what kind is this game?

Lightsnake
I know I'm a little late here, but what the heck

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Unlikely. Nothing genuinely supports the idea is power is boosted to this insane amount above every other Sith who ever lived. By the same token, Bane in the orbalisks takes a massive boost as he draws upon the pain and rage they provide him for superior power

Yes, except:
A. Odan is hardly the glowing example of a Jedi we want to tout about
B. Nomi is a superior Jedi to Odann and Ulic nade precisely zero effort to defend himself as he was rather traumatized over murdering his little brother.

If we want to say who has better feats here, a weakened Bane ten years prior managed to destroy the entire Rakata temple with a desperate blast of energy, killed Qordis (a rather powerful Sith Lord) with little more than the wave of a hand and was pretty much claiming a battle against four Jedi at once bolstered by battle meditation.

Is there a reason he can't dodge them and counter attack with the force powers he knows? We've seen Bane turn people to dust by draining the life out of them

Now name me someone of note he does it against so easily, because I don't recall him chucking Ulic or Ood like a ragdoll. Bane's force defenses are repeatedly shown to be rather top notch and he's got superior telekinetic feats to Kun

We have seen Bane overcome someone described as the greatest saber master of his age. Rather, perhaps the greatest ever, before he switched to Jar'Kai (which he intentionally kept Bane in the dark about). He has shown the ability to match two Jedi Masters (one being the finest in the order) simultaneously when they were enhanced by battle meditation at close range. This isn't touching how without even Johun, they were in serious trouble.

Bane also overcame even Zannah's Soresu defense and next to Obi-wan, she might be the best in the art

Bane possesses titantic physical power without any force buffs. Far more than anything Kun has shown. Now, let's increase that with his natural force abilities and throw in the orbalisks

'Especially' with? What's to stop Bane from throwing up a barrier against Kun's blasts precisely?

Stealth Moose
I'll leave this argument to someone else. I'm not eager to read the Bane books at this time due to relative lack of interest.

ares834
Wouldn't Exar Kun not exist since he contradicts the Sith backstory set out by Lucas?

Ushgarak
Closed, and an official warning on ares834's record for that comment. Again and it is a ban.

(And like many of the entirely silly comments being made, it is not even true)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.