Morpheus vs Ozymandias

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Simple question for me is who is the better H2H combatant? Morpheus is portrayed as a legendary fighter for the Zionist before there was Neo and it shows. However, he still gets his ass kicked by Agents(albeit to different extents as his skill progresses through the films). Veidt is portrayed as a brilliant person with extraordinary skill in fighting. He's capable of trashing every other superhero who isn't an outright God-like being.

Morpheus' power is based on being able to bend and break rules of a systems. When achieving, he can jump super high, move super fast, take hits from Agents, etc. Due to the programming in the Matrix, he can learn or download fighting styles, learning them faster than any normal human could hope to.

Veidt is just seen more of a Captain America in a world full of Jason Bourne's. He's just better and there isn't any real exlanation as to why. He can jump super high, move super fast, catch things thrown at him(or shot), etc.

Morpheus is allowed all of his powers and is dressed in his martial arts gear as seen in the Dojo fight scene. Veidt is dressed as he was when he killed the Comedian.

The fight is in a poorly-lit abandoned wearhouse where acrobatics and stealth can be appiled. There are weapons like chains, kitchen knives, etc. hidden throughout the complex.

Who takes this martial arts contest?

NemeBro
Ozymandias was demonstratably faster, and IIRC stronger too.

Though Morpheus had some pretty good damage soak.

marwash22
dunno how much stronger Ozy is... Morpheus kicked Neo a good 10 feet or so, with enough force to break a wooden support beam. Hmmm, I'd probably give a slight physical nod to Oz, but i think Morpheus is the better fighter by a pretty decent margin.

right now, i'd say Ozy wins due to strength and speed and probably being able to KO Morpheus before getting Ko'd himself.

NemeBro
Ozymandias was kicking Dan and Rorschach like 20 feet into the air, and he tossed Comedian, a much larger man than Keanu Reeves, through the window as though it may as well of not been there.

Not sure Morpheus is a better fighter either, to be honest.

jaden101
Doesn't matter how long Ozy trained for...When Morpheus can just upload to master level of any martial art within seconds.

He can jump hundreds of feet...He can kick a man 30 feet across a room with enough strength to smash a 2 feet thick wooden pillar.

Morpheus ***** stomps.

Plain and simple.

dadudemon
This is an interesting matchup.

It's difficult to say, actually.

I'd give the strength advantage to Morpheus, but not by much.

One of the criticisms of The Matrix was how slow and "wooden" the fighting was (compared to hong kong kung fu). I still don't think that Morph was much slower than Ozy.

I think it comes down to brains with Ozy easily adapting to whatever Morph throws out.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by jaden101
Doesn't matter how long Ozy trained for...When Morpheus can just upload to master level of any martial art within seconds.

He can jump hundreds of feet...He can kick a man 30 feet across a room with enough strength to smash a 2 feet thick wooden pillar.

Morpheus ***** stomps.

Plain and simple.

Lord Lucien
I don't think Morpheus is fast enough to catch bullets. Speed and brains give Ozy the win.

marwash22
Where in the OP does it say they're solving a goddamn rubix cube?

dunno how you peeps figure intelligence plays that big of a factor in a fight. In the entire movie, we never saw him use his intellect to defeat someone in a physical fight; all the fights he won were due to his physical superiority. You guys are acting like he's Sherlock Holmes and we heard his inner monologue concerning how he'd picked apart his opponent... nah, that never happened, he won 'cause he was faster and stronger than the rest of the Watchmen, intelligence had very little, if nothing at all to do with it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by marwash22
Where in the OP does it say they're solving a goddamn rubix cube?

dunno how you peeps figure intelligence plays that big of a factor in a fight. In the entire movie, we never saw him use his intellect to defeat someone in a physical fight; all the fights he won were due to his physical superiority. You guys are acting like he's Sherlock Holmes and we heard his inner monologue concerning how he'd picked apart his opponent... nah, that never happened, he won 'cause he was faster and stronger than the rest of the Watchmen, intelligence had very little, if nothing at all to do with it.

All of that just to get owned by a single sentence:

H2H smarts is a big part of winning a H2H fight, regardless of your opinion.

marwash22
you refuted nothing i said.

until now, this is the very first time you or anyone else referred to "h2h smarts"... prior to your post everyone was talking as if Ozy's overall intellectual superiority would be an overwhelming factor.

Anyhow, what the hell does "h2h smarts" mean? Do you mean, Ozy, knows how to fight... no shit.

BruceSkywalker
fascinating... Morpheus ftw

Zack Fair
Morpheus wins via all powerful:

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4650/headbutt.gif

dadudemon
you refuted nothing i said.

I did. Think about it. wink

until now, this is the very first time you or anyone else referred to "h2h smarts"... prior to your post everyone was talking as if Ozy's overall intellectual superiority would be an overwhelming factor.

Anyhow, what the hell does "h2h smarts" mean? Do you mean, Ozy, knows how to fight... no shit.

Skills and physical prowess (if they are about the same from both parties): one side can be reduced to nothing with better tactics and well-thought out strategies from the other.

Psychotron
Morpheus, but it will be a hard fight.

jaden101
Originally posted by dadudemon
All of that just to get owned by a single sentence:

H2H smarts is a big part of winning a H2H fight, regardless of your opinion.

Shame his hand to hand "smarts" are absolutely nowhere near that of Morpheus then. Regardless of how long and dedicated he can train in any discipline...When Morpheus can simply upload to master level in seconds then his knowledge of h2h fighting is going to be, and is, vastly more than Ozy can even hope to achieve.

Morpheus held his own against Smith and an Upgraded agent...He ***** slapped Neo in which he displayed a feat of strength that outstrips Ozy (kicking Neo 30ft through a solid wooden pillar)

Perhaps if they're relatively easily matched...But in this case Morpheus' knowledge is just far too great for tactics to be any use....

dadudemon
Shame his hand to hand "smarts" are absolutely nowhere near that of Morpheus then.

It's a shame Morpheus' H2H smarts are no where near that of Ozy, then.

Regardless of how long and dedicated he can train in any discipline...When Morpheus can simply upload to master level in seconds then his knowledge of h2h fighting is going to be, and is, vastly more than Ozy can even hope to achieve.

This is outside the thread. This cannot happen. You must use what was seen on screen. If he wasn't uploaded with it, it can't happen now.

Lastly, they used a fairly similar type of hong kong king fu. For knowing hundreds of H2H styles, they seemed to use a specific kind. smile

Morpheus held his own against Smith and an Upgraded agent...He ***** slapped Neo in which he displayed a feat of strength that outstrips Ozy (kicking Neo 30ft through a solid wooden pillar)

While I agree that Morph is stronger, it's not by much.

Perhaps if they're relatively easily matched...But in this case Morpheus' knowledge is just far too great for tactics to be any use....

This is not the case. Ozy uses a a cleaner, faster, and more efficient fighting style and he doesn't have to look, most of the time. Additionally, he is fast enough to react to gun firing. Not quite a bullet dodger...but as close to one as you can get without being a bullet dodger.

Psychotron
Did I miss something? When did Ozymandias display these so called H2H smarts?

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Psychotron
Did I miss something? When did Ozymandias display these so called H2H smarts? yeah I wanna know this also.

dadudemon
Did I miss something? When did Ozymandias display these so called H2H smarts?

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
yeah I wanna know this also.

In the Watchmen. no expression

0mega Spawn
he didn't display H2H "smarts"
he was just better than rorscahch, comedian, & NO

jaden101
It's part of his character...plain and simple.

This has been brought up in several other threads and addressed there....I won't bother addressing it again other than to say it's false.

It is though.

Still won't make a difference.

marwash22
lol @ "h2h smarts" aka I'm gonna make some shit up. Ozy was faster and stronger, end of story.

Psychotron
Originally posted by dadudemon
In the Watchmen. no expression

That movie where he did nothing but rely on his superior strength and speed?

dadudemon
It's part of his character...plain and simple.

Read the second portion of my post to see the reply to this, coupled with the portion you quoted.

This has been brought up in several other threads and addressed there....I won't bother addressing it again other than to say it's false.

It's not false. Morpheus had his own style through out the films. Odd for knowing hundreds of styles, isn't it?

It is though.

You have wood...I have marble.

Still won't make a difference.

It will and it's why he wins. Not with ease, but he still wins.

The other two of you are whining and trolling too much to be worth responding too.

marwash22
asking you to defend your nonsensical statement and present factual information = trolling.

whatever you say, buddy, whatever you say. wink.

dadudemon
asking you to defend your nonsensical statement and present factual information = trolling.

whatever you say, buddy, whatever you say. wink.

K.

Psychotron
How the hell is this trolling? He didn't do anything intelligent in those fights that I can remember.

dadudemon
How the hell is this trolling? He didn't do anything intelligent in those fights that I can remember.

K.

Darth Martin
I think this is close.

Darth Martin
Could this have any relevance to this match?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vlzKaH4mpw&NR=1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.