Northstar and Aurora vs. The Ray

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Ray Terrill battles the Canadian twins Northstar and Aurora.

- Blood lust isn't on but all are in character.

- Battle takes place at the Canadian Rockies and they start 20 metres apart.

- Winner by knockout.

Who wins and why?

zopzop
The Ray. How the hell are they gonna touch his energy form? It's immune to physical attacks. He's also FASTER than they are. In his energy form he goes at the FULL speed of light.

With PIS off, they'll never dodge his blasts (they move at lightspeed) and he can make solid light constructs to cage or pummel or otherwise mutilate them.

The Ray 10/10.

Harbinger
Doesn't Northstar move in excess of C, too?

zopzop
@Harbinger

Impossible. As a physical being at best, if he even could do this in the first place, he can only reach 99% of the speed of light.

Ray as an energy being isn't bound by this. He travels at the full speed of light. His blasts also travel at the full speed of light. The Twins are absolutely fugged in a fight vs The Ray.

Originally posted by zopzop
@Harbinger

Impossible. As a physical being at best, if he even could do this in the first place, he can only reach 99% of the speed of light.

Ray as an energy being isn't bound by this. He travels at the full speed of light. His blasts also travel at the full speed of light. The Twins are absolutely fugged in a fight vs The Ray. hum? physical beings run past c all the time in marvel

zopzop
Originally posted by 753
hum? physical beings run past c all the time in marvel

Don't they use that "hyperspace" excuse? Once they hit 99% speed of light they enter into hyperspace? I don't recall the Twins EVER coming even close to 99% light speed let alone actually achieving light speed.

Don't they use that "hyperspace" excuse? Once they hit 99% speed of light they enter into hyperspace? I don't recall the Twins EVER coming even close to 99% light speed let alone actually achieving light speed. its very inconsistant, some authors refer tot he hyperspace thing, but alot of others dont. I dont recall either of them moving faster than c either.

zopzop
I don't recall the twins moving anywhere NEAR light speed. This is spite in favor of Ray.

SuperiorTech
From what I can remember they could both move at light speed after their run in with the children of the vault.

zopzop
What issue did this take place in? I want to research it.

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
From what I can remember they could both move at light speed after their run in with the children of the vault. I dont think that power up took, but they had been stated to be able to move at c before, I think. they just never do so cause they neeed to breath and their bodies cant take it or whatever

zopzop
Has ANYONE got any on panel proof that the Twins CAN move at light speed or have moved at light speed?

Has ANYONE got any on panel proof that the Twins CAN move at light speed or have moved at light speed? when amped by the CotV they did so.

zopzop
Originally posted by 753
when amped by the CotV they did so.

Was this permanent or temporary? If temporary, it's meaningless.

inimalist
afaik, KM would say no to lightspeed. I think they got a children of the vault upgrade that is no longer present

SuperiorTech
Has ANYONE got any on panel proof that the Twins CAN move at light speed or have moved at light speed?

The arc is called Supernova somewhere between Xmen 188 to 200 and from what I can remember he was stated to be moving at light speed and it also mentioned in the handbooks in his bio.I know they dont move at that speed anymore I dont know when or how they lost the ability as I dont follow Xmen anymore.

zopzop
@SuperiorTech

Thanks! thumb up

So it was a temporary speed boost? Then Ray takes them 10/10. I just need to get my hands on a few more issues and I'm gonna start a Ray Respect Thread. He's been ignored for too long.

-K-M-
@Harbinger

Ray as an energy being isn't bound by this. He travels at the full speed of light. His blasts also travel at the full speed of light. The Twins are absolutely fugged in a fight vs The Ray.

He has after the Children of the Vault upgrade (which he has lost)

Also Aurora could when she took her light form
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/AlphaFlight95-07.jpg

FYI, the twins have energy attacks themselves they just dont punch really fast. Ray's blasts have missed their targets before, their not unavoidable.

zopzop
So we have one twin that's completely physical and cannot move at light speed. And another twin that can if she takes on light form. They have light based powers.

Even with this new info, Ray still destroys them. Northstar will go down first (no pun intended) since he's nowhere near as fast as Ray. They can't touch him with any physical attack and their light based assaults will only recharge/empower him. All he has to do is chase down Aurora and encase her inside a solid light energy structure and she's finished via BFR.

And yes I'm aware Ray's blasts have missed. I mean it's comics, people dodging attacks that move at light speed is ridiculous but it is what it is. He'll tag them both eventually.

-K-M-
She no longer has that ability, but she has various others which are being neglected. Also Aurora can accelerate molecules causing them to tear apart, trapping her is a lot harder then your saying.

Overall Ray hasn't been that effective with his powers, he isn't the uber undeatable being your making him out to be.

zopzop
Originally posted by -K-M-
She no longer has that ability, but she has various others which are being neglected. Also Aurora can accelerate molecules causing them to tear apart, trapping her is a lot harder then your saying.

Overall Ray hasn't been that effective with his powers, he isn't the uber undeatable being your making him out to be.

Who said he's unbeatable or even uber? He's leagues below a Superman or even a Quasar. But he's more than enough to tear the Twins up 10/10. In fact they are some of the worst characters to put up against him in a vs match. Speed wise they lose, their light powers AMP him, they can't touch his energy form at all.

-K-M-
Who said he's unbeatable or even uber? He's leagues below a Superman or even a Quasar. But he's more than enough to tear the Twins up 10/10. In fact they are some of the worst characters to put up against him in a vs match. Speed wise they lose, their light powers AMP him, they can't touch his energy form at all.

Ray has speed, but his reflexes as shown many a times is something to be desired for. Also the twins have far more then "light" abilities. So how does anyone touch Ray then or even beat them? As yes he has been beaten before.

zopzop
Ray has speed, but his reflexes as shown many a times is something to be desired for. Also the twins have far more then "light" abilities. So how does anyone touch Ray then or even beat them? As yes he has been beaten before.

Draining him or fighting him to the point of exhaustion (he runs out of power), magic pwns him, mind raping him, etc... the list goes on.

This thread isn't about "who can beat The Ray", this thread is about the Twins vs the Ray and they CANNOT do it.

-K-M-
Draining him or fighting him to the point of exhaustion (he runs out of power), magic pwns him, mind raping him, etc... the list goes on.

This thread isn't about "who can beat The Ray", this thread is about the Twins vs the Ray and they CANNOT do it.

Aurora has light that can affect people's minds, as well as can cause molecules to tear apart. Me thinks you are not to familar what the twins can actually do and no way is it 10/10 for Ray

zopzop
Aurora has light has can affect people's minds, as well as can control molecules causing them to tear apart. Me thinks you are not to familar what the twins can actually do and no way is it 10/10 for Ray

The Ray has complete control over light (or as complete as you can get without things like the Quantum Bands). He can bend it to cause illusions, make himself invisible, or solidify it and create constructs out of it. He can covert his body into it and when he does he's physically untouchable and as a side effect heals most wounds his physical body suffered (he cured himself of paralysis when a bullet was lodged in his spine doing this). He can absorb and store it. He fly at the speed of light.

The Twins would get their sxxt pushed in by him. Ray wins 10/10.

-K-M-
The Ray has complete control over light (or as complete as you can get without things like the Quantum Bands). He can bend it to cause illusions, make himself invisible, or solidify it and create constructs out of it. He can covert his body into it and when he does he's physically untouchable and as a side effect heals most wounds his physical body suffered (he cured himself of paralysis when a bullet was lodged in his spine doing this). He can absorb and store it. He fly at the speed of light.

The Twins would get their sxxt pushed in by him. Ray wins 10/10.

and yet in Ray's career has shown him to not be that effective and is often the side of easily being taken out. Aurora affected someone recently with her charge ability with an adamantium exoskelton. Aurora's mind attack has even affected magical beings, Ray wouldn't be beyond it. Twins have a healing factor as well, and cant say I have ever seen light actually hurting them either.

Yeah no.

zopzop
and yet in Ray's career has shown him to not be that effective and is often the side of easily being taken out. Aurora affected someone recently with her charge ability with an adamantium exoskelton. Aurora's mind attack has even affected magical beings, Ray wouldn't be beyond it.

Yeah no.

Dude his light manipulation abilities dwarf her's in sheer versatility. He's also faster, more powerful and has greater durability.

Dude, even Superman has lost fights, once being KOed by a gas station exploding. So of course Ray is gonna lose fights, but not against these two. Ray 10/10.

-K-M-
Dude his light manipulation abilities dwarf her's in sheer versatility. He's also faster, more powerful and has greater durability.

Dude, even Superman has lost fights, once being KOed by a gas station exploding. So of course Ray is gonna lose fights, but not against these two. Ray 10/10.

Except they have abilities that CAN affect him. Plus two on one who have variety of abilities as well, and are "light" beings too.

He loses more often then not and thats a fact erm

zopzop
Except they have abilities that CAN affect him. Plus two on one who have variety of abilities as well, and are "light" beings too.

He loses more often then not and thats a fact erm

I doubt it, but we'll just agree to disagree on this. Let me get my files together and I'll start that Ray respect thread, then we'll get a better idea on his capabilities and powers.

-K-M-
I like Ray, I have debated for him on this board. He is one of the visually coolest looking characters, but not a fan of his Freedom Force costume (the new Ray)

Prep-Man
Ray ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.