The "Is Thanos a Skyfather?" Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harbinger
Thanos faces characters (generally) considered to be skyfathers in this gauntlet. Each match has a certain number of wins the he has to win in order to advance to the next round. He gets full rest in between each fight, and is allowed the full use of his abilities (shielding and any other standard tech he carries on his person are allowed, though he does not get prep for any matches).

How far does he get?

1. Zeus (must take 7/10)
2. Kingdom Gog (must take 6/10)
3. Monarch (must take 6/10)
4. Darkseid (must take 5/10)
5. Depowered Tyrant (must take 5/10)
6. Odin (must take 4/10)
7. Dormammu (must take 3/10)

TheLordofMurder
I assume that this isnt in any particular order as I dont see him taking 7/10 against Zeus; stops at one if this is a gauntlet...

If this isnt a gauntlet, but a poll of how he does against each individual opponent, then he fails against Dormmy, Odin, and Depowered Tyrant for sure...

A non-jobbing Darkseid should defeat him as well, but the problem with this guy is that a non-jobbing DS doesnt exist anymore...thus the Omega Effect is a mere shadow of what its supposed to be; at current, I have no doubt that Thanos would successful resist the Omega Effect.

Based on that fact, Thanos would defeat Darkseid, and defeat him convincingly...

As pertains Kingdom Gog and Monarch, my gut is telling me that Thanos just might be able to "cover the spread" so to speak...

given his current status as death's avatar, I think the OE should fail on him regardless of how watered down DS has been. nevertheless, I agree with LoM's post about the results.

the idea that he should beat zeus 7/10 and only take 4/10 from odin seems skewed in my opinion. I dont think the gap between zeus and odin is that large, if there is a gap at all. thanos can probably take 2, maybe 3 out of ten from both

Cogito
Beats Darkseid. As LoM said, he's not what he used to be. I think if we were to ever discover how powerful Darkseid really is, rather than his avatars, then he hopefully he'll be back to the level where he'd stomp on Thanos. Crossing my fingers for after the reboot.

He might take Gog, loses to the rest.

TheLordofMurder
@753

The Omega Effect is supposed to erase any being that is not essential to the universe...

Thanos being Deaths Avatar does not make him an essential being; the universe will continue to function properly wether Thanos is around as Deaths Avatar or not...

To my knowledge, up until Thanos, Death never even had an Avatar, so how essential can that "job" be?

If the OM functions as it was originally written, Thanos should not be able to withstand this attack...

Simbon
I think there is some confusion here about Kingdom Gog's Power.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@753

The Omega Effect is supposed to erase any being that is not essential to the universe...

Thanos being Deaths Avatar does not make him an essential being; the universe will continue to function properly wether Thanos is around as Deaths Avatar or not...

To my knowledge, up until Thanos, Death never even had an Avatar, so how essential can that "job" be?

If the OM functions as it was originally written, Thanos should not be able to withstand this attack... ritual slaying of an avatar can kill death in an universe but thats noot what I was getting at. the immortality death confered him with the blessings of oblivion, I might add, should make him immune

Colossus-Big C
Yes, Thanos is skyfather

tsscls
The return of the Thanos threads. Stops hard at one.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Simbon
I think there is some confusion here about Kingdom Gog's Power.

http://cdn.cyclingforums.com/7/73/735be6e1_kermit-bale-nod.gif

zopzop
It's not inconceivable that Thanos can accomplish 1, 2, 4.

Don't know enough about 3 to comment.

He gets NOWHERE vs 5,6,7. Sure they can't kill him, but he's not beating them.

Simbon
The only people here Thanos can possibly beat are Monarch and Darkseid. Thanos is powerful enough to breach Monarch's armor, and DS has already been discussed.

Simbon
Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://cdn.cyclingforums.com/7/73/735be6e1_kermit-bale-nod.gif

Gog could beat Thanos with speed alone. He wouldn't even need to use his staff, which could one-shot Thanos.

Bouboumaster
3 and 4 for sure.

Its odd that Zeus and Odin aren't equal in this gauntlet. Anyway, we didn't saw enough of Thanos display of power in Thanos: Imperative. What we know is that he'd utterly pwn Lord Marvell if he has wanted, who himself crushed Nova and Silver Surfer. Still, I'm not okey to gives Thanos 4/10 against either Zeus or Odin. He would gives them a run for their money for sure, but beating them? I don't think so. I think he's in the same ballpark, but he's not "Odin Powerful".

Dormammu would carve a new ******* in the middle of Thanos face.

A rematch with Tyrant should be done. In my mind, he can beat him 2/10 right now.

My opinion is that Thanos has to be considered as a skyfather, but not in the "top of the pyramid". Like a "lesser skyfather", pretty much like Sentry, Black Bolt, Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner are "herald lvler", but not as powerful as "the cream" (Silver Surfer, Thor, Superman, Hal Jordan, Sinestro, etc.)

DickBlazer
Order is off

SquallX
Originally posted by Simbon
The only people here Thanos can possibly beat are Monarch and Darkseid. Thanos is powerful enough to breach Monarch's armor, and DS has already been discussed.

He breaches Monarchs armor, he dies.

Also is this Monarch that fought Prime, or Arena Monarch.

Harbinger
It's Monarch after he'd absorbed the other alternate versions of Captain Atoms' powers (so the Monarch from Countdown that Prime fought).

Batman-Prime
He stops at Zeus. He might stalemate a DS Avatar. He won't win against Monarch. When he breaks his armor, he will die too, that would be technically a stalemate but he won't get the chance if Monarch doesn't fight "stupid".

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos is no prime... Monarch fighting smart changes very little against Thanos as compared to him doing so against prime. Thanos has many more options that this fighting smart is pretty much null and void. It just because a fight between two powerful foes.

Batman-Prime
Yes right I forgot. Energywise the Armor will hold. And Thanos isn't physically able to harm it. So Monarch wins quite easy.

Galan007
Thanos is NOT going to take Monarch or Gog for a 6/10 majority. That is all.

Gecko4lif
Stops at 1

iceman24567
Thanos would be hard pressed to take 2/10 from Odin, Gog, Monarch, Tyrant or even Zeus all these guys are high end skyfathers...

Harbinger
I'm a bit surprised that people would argue that he could take Monarch or DS for a majority, but not Zeus.

Beyond this, though, most people seem to agree that he stops dead at one. Given that, I'll change the OP a bit and make each battle independent (IOW, not a gauntlet).

Can Thanos take 3/10 from anyone on the list? If so, who?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Harbinger
I'm a bit surprised that people would argue that he could take Monarch or DS for a majority, but not Zeus.

Beyond this, though, most people seem to agree that he stops dead at one. Given that, I'll change the OP a bit and make each battle independent (IOW, not a gauntlet).

Can Thanos take 3/10 from anyone on the list? If so, who? Post-absorb Monarch I'd actually back against a pair of most skyfathers.

Of course I'm now going to get a crapstorm of posts saying that SBP is nowhere near that level despite having altered reality via physical force on a relatively large scale and his higher end feats before Guardian amp.

Simbon
Thanos can take 3/10 against DS, and the same against Monarch if he is not subject to Monarch's death-blast.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
He stops at Zeus. He might stalemate a DS Avatar. He won't win against Monarch. When he breaks his armor, he will die too, that would be technically a stalemate but he won't get the chance if Monarch doesn't fight "stupid".

Given his intelligence, he won't even attempt to try to take off Monarch's armor.

I know this for certain, he gets 0 wins vs. Tyrant, Monarch, Odin and Dormammu.

cdtm
Originally posted by 753
given his current status as death's avatar, I think the OE should fail on him regardless of how watered down DS has been. nevertheless, I agree with LoM's post about the results.

The OE had a lot of battlefield removal options, especially under Kirby. Darkseid sat in his throne room and sent an Omega for each of the Forever People, displacing them in time, and he banished the Infinity Man forever (Until the Death of the New Gods thing) I know Thanos can teleport, but this is a place even New Gods tech couldn't let him escape from.. The best they could do was switch places with him, like the Negative Zone thing between Rick Jones and Captain Marvel.

King Kandy
As Avatar of death Thanos's position is much higher than a mere god of earth.

Colossus-Big C
several gods of earth are avatars of death, one for each pantheon respectively, then you have the mephisto ,sentry etc

anyway postition doesnt=power, not all the time atleast

King Kandy
lol, a death god is not an avatar. A death god simply has a sort of contract with death. Thanos has a unique status and is death's sole true representative.

Position, doesn't=power, but I have a feeling it does in this case. Of course, if Odin takes on galactus then maybe he does outclass thanos.

carver9
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
several gods of earth are avatars of death, one for each pantheon respectively, then you have the mephisto ,sentry etc

anyway postition doesnt=power, not all the time atleast

Good to have you back buddy.

Colossus-Big C
thanks

Cogito
Originally posted by King Kandy
lol, a death god is not an avatar. A death god simply has a sort of contract with death. Thanos has a unique status and is death's sole true representative.

Position, doesn't=power, but I have a feeling it does in this case. Of course, if Odin takes on galactus then maybe he does outclass thanos.

It also doesn't make sense that Skyfathers, of which there can be many per planet, can be galaxy busters. Seriously, no sense at all.

Anyways, being Deaths representative just means he has the potential to have any amount of power from none to Death's equal. There's no reason to assume the highest end.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Cogito
It also doesn't make sense that Skyfathers, of which there can be many per planet, can be galaxy busters. Seriously, no sense at all.

Anyways, being Deaths representative just means he has the potential to have any amount of power from none to Death's equal. There's no reason to assume the highest end.
I never saw anything indicating death chose how much power he got from time to time.

Galan007
As Avatar of death Thanos's position is much higher than a mere god of earth. No offense Kandy, but you're one of the many people I've seen use this 'argument' for Thanos... And it's just horrible.

Even IF we assume there is no feasible way to kill Thanos, that certainly does not mean he's immune to other forms of incapacitation- ie. a simple KO. That said, if we were to keep Zeus as a purely physical being (which he isn't), I don't see Thanos holding up any better than Hulk did against him.

Silent Master

Going by feats, Odin already outclasses Thanos...by a rather wide margin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think he can take 3 to 4 wins against Zeus but not a majority
Monarch I think is an even split (very good fight)
Against DS.. he takes a healthy majority
Odin 2 to 3 wins
Tryant - none
Dorm - None

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think he can take 3 to 4 wins against Zeus but not a majority
Monarch I think is an even split (very good fight)
Against DS.. he takes a healthy majority
Odin 2 to 3 wins
Tryant - none
Dorm - None

Zeus is a high end skyfather... Thanos shouldn't be capable of taking a single win from him. His punches and his blast shouldn't be able to do a thing against Zeus. The tier is too wide...especially when it comes to skyfathers.

Colossus-Big C
thanos is Legit Skyfather in terms of power imo

Galan007
When Thanos wrecks galaxies under his own power, he can be deemed "Skyfather". Until then, he's a Tranny...

007-homo

zopzop
@Galan007

So Zeus isn't a skyfather? big grin

Galan007
All feats considered he is. He did be "the strongest one there is" after all. shifty

....Plus, I just like referring to Thanos as a Tranny. ermmhappy

Colossus-Big C

vince_slice
Originally posted by Galan007
That said, if we were to keep Zeus as a purely physical being (which he isn't), I don't see Thanos holding up any better than Hulk did against him.

Why wouldn't Thanos do better than Hulk? He already held himself pretty well when fighting Odin who wasn't restricted to H2H only. Put Hulk in Thanos' place when he fought Odin and he would of been one-shotted just like the SS was.

JakeTheBank
Thanos is a Sub-Skyfather/Low End Skyfather, imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by vince_slice
Why wouldn't Thanos do better than Hulk? He already held himself pretty well when fighting Odin who wasn't restricted to H2H only. Put Hulk in Thanos' place when he fought Odin and he would of been one-shotted just like the SS was. I was talking about putting Thanos in Hulk's place vs. Zeus.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I was talking about putting Thanos in Hulk's place vs. Zeus.

Come now, you must jest Galan.... Thanos vs. Zeus would look like Hulk vs. Zeus... No way, no how.

vince_slice
I was talking about putting Thanos in Hulk's place vs. Zeus.

So you think Thanos wouldn't do any better than Hulk against Zeus, despite the fact that he held his ground decently against Odin who wasn't restricted to h2h?

Galan007
Fisticuff to fisticuff, it would absolutely end with the same result. Allow them to use all of the abilities at their disposal, and it would still end the same way.

Either way, Thanos isn't taking a majority, imo.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Whether he takes a majority or not... He would certainly look much better than hulk did. Question... who has better feats Thanos or Zeus?

zopzop
....Plus, I just like referring to Thanos as a Tranny. ermmhappy

laughing You are evil evil face

zopzop
Whether he takes a majority or not... He would certainly look much better than hulk did. Question... who has better feats Thanos or Zeus?

Feats or fights, both work out in Thanos' favor IMHO. Remember how the Avengers : Cursed Thor, She-hulk, Black Knight, Sub-Mariner (out of water), and Captain Marvel brought Zeus to his KNEES. Then later a recovering Herc played with Zeus like a ragdoll, SOLO, for a while.

Thanos can most definitely take some wins vs Zeus.

TheLordofMurder
I agree with Thanosi; Thanos would fair better against Zeus than the Hulk did...

But I do disagree with Thanosi on a different point; I think Thanos beats current Darkseid every single time...

I firmly believe that (as its currently written) Thanos can resist the Omega Effect and after that, Darkseid is dead meat when they face off in hand to hand combat...

Of course, I'd rate current DS as a Low to Mid Trans level character, while Thanos (again in my honest opinion) fluctuates as Thor does, but Thanos would be bouncing back and forth between High Trans to Low Skyfather....opposed to Thor who bounces between High Herald to Low Trans.

Harbinger
Shitstorm approaching, captain!

vince_slice
Fisticuff to fisticuff, it would absolutely end with the same result. Allow them to use all of the abilities at their disposal, and it would still end the same way.

Either way, Thanos isn't taking a majority, imo.
I feel like you're dodging the question:

I'm not asking how the fight would end. I'm asking if Thanos would do better than Hulk. Most people would agree Thanos would lose eventually, but saying he wouldn't last longer or do any better than the Hulk? confused. This would be ignoring his performance against a non-restricted Odin.

King Kandy
He did better than Hulk did against Odin and that was a way weaker incarnation. And you're trying to tell me Zeus (whose feats are lacking compared to Odin) would stomp him?

Galan007
I'm not asking how the fight would end. I'm asking if Thanos would do better than Hulk. Possibly. However, I'm not sure there is proof that current Thanos is more physically powerful than the Hulk who fought Zeus..?

Silent Master
Odin was beating Thanos rather easily, the fight ended with Odin standing there looking fresh and ready for more, whereas it took Thanos somthing like 6 panels just to stand up.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Silent Master
Odin was beating Thanos rather easily, the fight ended with Odin standing there looking fresh and ready for more, whereas it took Thanos somthing like 6 panels just to stand up.
He still did much better than Hulk did against Zeus...

vince_slice
Possibly. However, I'm not sure there is proof that current Thanos is more physically powerful than the Hulk who fought Zeus..?

If Thanos fought Zeus, I don't think it'd be his strength that keeps him in the fight, it'd be his insane durability. That is after all what kept him going when he fought Odin.

Galan007
^ So Thanos would be a better punching bag, is what you're saying. stick out tongue

carver9
Why wouldn't Thanos do better than Hulk? He already held himself pretty well when fighting Odin who wasn't restricted to H2H only. Put Hulk in Thanos' place when he fought Odin and he would of been one-shotted just like the SS was.

Zeus is more of a physical bruiser than a blaster. If the fight becomes up close and personal, in which it will, Thanos is getting crushed.

vince_slice
^ So Thanos would be a better punching bag, is what you're saying. stick out tongue
laughing out loud

I don't think that's in accurate analogy to describe Thanos, but if he were a punching bag, he'd be a dangerous one.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2zpvcsw.gif

Originally posted by carver9
Zeus is more of a physical bruiser than a blaster. If the fight becomes up close and personal, in which it will, Thanos is getting crushed.

Do you think Zeus restricted to h2h is more powerful than Zeus using his lightning? Didn't Zeus almost one-shot Hulk with his lightning before their boxing match.

Marvelknight
^ laughing out loud

carver9
laughing out loud

I don't think that's in accurate analogy to describe Thanos, but if he were a punching bag, he'd be a dangerous one.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2zpvcsw.gif

Do you think Zeus restricted to h2h is more powerful than Zeus using his lightning? Didn't Zeus almost one-shot Hulk with his lightning before their boxing match.

Zeus can amp himself physically. He can amp himself to the point where he becomes 100's of foot tall. I don't think Thanos blast would do anything but annoy Zeus and he would walk through it and bring the fight up close and personal. Once that happens, the fight is done.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Can I see a scan of him amping hmself to be that tall?

carver9

I'll find it for you but I'm pretty sure you have already seen it.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Silent Master

wut?

Harbinger
I think he's referring to the part where Odin asks Thanos to yield and it shows mini panels where Thanos gradually rises again.

carver9

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/incrediblehercules14100.jpg/

And this mountain was humongous.

zagazum

zopzop
http://img39.imageshack.us/i/incrediblehercules14100.jpg/

And this mountain was humongous.

Ok, how many other times has he shown this ability? I mean isn't it a rule on the forum that a power has to be displayed on panel more than once to consider it as "standard" for that character?

That's by far the most impressive thing I've ever seen done by Zeus on panel and even then it's only as a retelling of the Zeus/Typhon story.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
wut?

What part are you having trouble with?

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by zopzop
Ok, how many other times has he shown this ability? I mean isn't it a rule on the forum that a power has to be displayed on panel more than once to consider it as "standard" for that character?

That's by far the most impressive thing I've ever seen done by Zeus on panel and even then it's only as a retelling of the Zeus/Typhon story.

Wasn't he shown to a similar size when Olympus was brought to earth right before Hulk tried to take him on?

zopzop
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Wasn't he shown to a similar size when Olympus was brought to earth right before Hulk tried to take him on?

Possibly, I don't remember. It's just that for a "skyfather" Zeus' feats are pretty mehish. Maybe it's because I'm comparing him to the king of all skyfathers : Odin and he's coming up short.

dmills

Not a rule per se. More like unofficial forum decorum.

DickBlazer
7 & 4. He can handle others

carver9

Uuuummm, Zeus doesn't have them many showings so the limited amount he has, he owns. If he was consistently shown in numerous of appearances, you might have an argument but I can almost count on 1 hand how many comics Zeus stared in.

Let him have his ft.

zopzop
Uuuummm, Zeus doesn't have them many showings so the limited amount he has, he owns. If he was consistently shown in numerous of appearances, you might have an argument but I can almost count on 1 hand how many comics Zeus stared in.

Let him have his ft.

Namor and She-Hulk had him on the ropes and Mjolnir put him on his knees (ps this fight took place in Olympus, Zeus' home plane) :
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n65/Sabaition/Zeus2.jpg

dmills
Namor and She-Hulk had him on the ropes and Mjolnir put him on his knees (ps this fight took place in Olympus, Zeus' home plane) :
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n65/Sabaition/Zeus2.jpg

Didn't look like they were doing much damage, but point taken. Although on a whole that's a pretty low showing for him.

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
Didn't look like they were doing much damage, but point taken. Although on a whole that's a pretty low showing for him.

Keep in mind, during that fight, Thor's body was a wreck because of Hela's curse. Apollo mentioned that it was a miracle Thor could even walk. And he still brought Zeus to his knees.

Damage? No. Stunned him? Yes.

carver9
Keep in mind, during that fight, Thor's body was a wreck because of Hela's curse. Apollo mentioned that it was a miracle Thor could even walk. And he still brought Zeus to his knees.

Writers just didn't think that much back then when writing comics. Stuff like that doesn't happen anymore just like Thor hurting Galactus will never happen again. Writers are using common sense and giving eaCh character the respect their tier deserves.

Harbinger
giving eaCh character the respect their tier deserves.

lol.

Signed,
Apocalypse

zopzop
Writers just didn't think that much back then when writing comics. Stuff like that doesn't happen anymore just like Thor hurting Galactus will never happen again. Writers are using common sense and giving eaCh character the respect their tier deserves.

Wanna bet? Let's wait and see how Mighty Thor 4 goes down before saying "never".

carver9
Wanna bet? Let's wait and see how Mighty Thor 4 goes down before saying "never".

Bill has already tried everything possible on Galactus and it didn't even tickle him.

Harbinger
Odin > BRB, though. By a mile.

And given Odin's history, it'll probably be written as a good fight if I had to guess, my own personal objections to the contrary.

carver9
Originally posted by Harbinger
Odin > BRB, though. By a mile.

And given Odin's history, it'll probably be written as a good fight if I had to guess, my own personal objections to the contrary.

I agree... I never said that Odin couldn't. If Zeus with a small amp could bring Galactus to his knees, Odin should be capable of the same but a Herald knocking Zeus around, can't see that happening again, not in recent comics.

SuperiorTech

He dismissed those two before easily its only when his bolt was returned via black knight which seem to hurt him did they started making head way.It didn't make any sense that it would hurt him like that but it also didn't make any sense when Amadeus Cho redirected Thor's bolt back at him and took him out.By the way wasn't Seth taking down by that sword.

Dont know how this went from Zeus altering his size to this.

Colossus-Big C
Then later a recovering Herc played with Zeus like a ragdoll, SOLO, for a while.

Thanos can most definitely take some wins vs Zeus. ?

Zeus nearly killed hercules with 3 punches, Literally
re read the fight...

zopzop
?

Zeus nearly killed hercules with 3 punches, Literally
re read the fight...

Not really impressive considering Hercules just woke up from coma because he was near death. Hercules threw Zeus around like a rag doll until Zeus got his bearings.

This whole fight was humiliating for Zeus.

zopzop
Dont know how this went from Zeus altering his size to this.

Carver brought up his Etna strength feat and I mentioned that was the most impressive thing I've ever saw Zeus do. Then Carver mentioned that Zeus didn't have the feats because he didn't have a lot of showings but every time he appeared he owned. I then mentioned that this wasn't true and the Avengers humiliated Zeus.

So if a cursed Thor and some mid meta tier Avengers brought Zeus to his knees, a being like Thanos should get more than a few wins against him.

carver9
Carver brought up his Etna strength feat and I mentioned that was the most impressive thing I've ever saw Zeus do. Then Carver mentioned that Zeus didn't have the feats because he didn't have a lot of showings but every time he appeared he owned. I then mentioned that this wasn't true and the Avengers humiliated Zeus.

So if a cursed Thor and some mid meta tier Avengers brought Zeus to his knees, a being like Thanos should get more than a few wins against him.

Lol... I never said that "every time he appeared he owned"... Even though what you posted doesn't have anything to do with him NOT owning. It was circumstances involved.

Colossus-Big C
Zeus mindraping all of earth, including the superpowerd beings
www.imagebam.com/image/37b798135860136

Colossus-Big C
. Another scan of Zeus growing 10,000ft + in size

media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1637854-incredible_hulks__621_007.jpg

zopzop
Another scan of Zeus growing 10,000ft + in size

media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/1637854-incredible_hulks__621_007.jpg

Why is he half transparent? Is that an energy form or spirit form?

zopzop
Lol... I never said that "every time he appeared he owned"... Even though what you posted doesn't have anything to do with him NOT owning. It was circumstances involved.

Yeah, circumstances. A crippled Thor bringing him to his knees and a "just woken up from coma" Herc tossing him around like a rag doll.

Colossus-Big C
Why is he half transparent? Is that an energy form or spirit form? its just the art

SuperiorTech
Why is he half transparent? Is that an energy form or spirit form?

Couple of pages for some context.

http://thumbnails48.imagebam.com/14077/b42c49140762627.jpg http://thumbnails41.imagebam.com/14077/c4bdb1140762631.jpg http://thumbnails46.imagebam.com/14077/500384140762634.jpg http://thumbnails51.imagebam.com/14077/852228140762637.jpg http://thumbnails51.imagebam.com/14077/375b89140762640.jpg http://thumbnails49.imagebam.com/14077/072c46140762641.jpg http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/14077/4f3ad4140762642.jpg http://thumbnails53.imagebam.com/14077/dcf772140762648.jpg

Colossus-Big C
Yeah, circumstances. a "just woken up from coma" Herc tossing him around like a rag doll.
, hercules tackling zeus from behind then getting beaten to death = tossing zeus like a rag doll ?

are you triyng to make it seem like more of a low showing than it actually was?

zopzop
Couple of pages for some context.

Looks like a vision?

zopzop
, hercules tackling zeus from behind then getting beaten to death = tossing zeus like a rag doll ?

are you tring to make it seem like more of a low showing than it actually was?

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5017/avengersv128510.th.jpg http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8732/avengersv128511.th.jpg http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6448/avengersv128512.th.jpg

This was a Hercules that had just waken up from a coma that left him at death's door! As you can see, Zeus only tagged him when he let up to talk to him. Humiliating.

Colossus-Big C
Current Zeus is a different beast from classic zeus

zopzop
Maybe Big C, maybe not. We'll see. Let's see how Odin does vs Galactus to get an idea of how Marvel views current skyfathers now vs "classic" versions.

PS Mighty Thor 4 is coming out this month right?

SuperiorTech
Looks like a vision?

Na that's after Chaos War when everything is being restored the reason Zeus looks like that is because he is still materializing along with Olympus if you check the later scans you'll see Banner going to talk to Herc standing on it when fully restored.Hulk then climbs Mount Olympus to challenge Zeus.

Colossus-Big C
Maybe Big C, maybe not. We'll see. Let's see how Odin does vs Galactus to get an idea of how Marvel views current skyfathers now vs "classic" versions.

PS Mighty Thor 4 is coming out this month right? seeing how zeus one shotted galactus in chaos war, then pak coming out and saying most of it was his own power . i think they view them on the same level as galactus or even higher.....

dmills
seeing how zeus one shotted galactus in chaos war, then pak coming out and saying most of it was his own power . i think they view them on the same level as galactus or even higher.....

Which is absolutely ridiculous.

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
Which is absolutely ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? Odin has had stupendous feats since forever. So it's not like it's something new. Odin considers Zeus a peer so.....

SuperiorTech
Well he certainly had a change of heart pertaining to Zeus looking back at that terrible Hulk Vs. Hercules: When Titans Collide I mean Zeus getting pieced by a spear and needing Hercules to fight the Hulk.

zopzop
Hulk Vs. Hercules: When Titans Collide?

Is this canon? I've never heard of it.

Colossus-Big C
Hulk Vs. Hercules: When Titans Collide?

Is this canon? I've never heard of it. yes its cannon, and it was terrible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.