first class movie: prequel or reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rox
Don't want to spoile it but for all of you who saw this, how can it be a prequel to the other x-men movies after what happened at the end of first class.

Myth
Not sure what you are talking about referring to "what happened at the end of first class."

I consider it a prequel even the the continuity is not perfect. The beginning really shows that the movies are on the same storyline by showing the exact same scene as the first Xmen movie.

rox
Originally posted by Myth
Not sure what you are talking about referring to "what happened at the end of first class."

I am speaking about how it ended with shaw. But yet he was in x2

Mindset
Shaw was in X2?

Kazenji
Wha?

srankmissingnin
There is a "Dr. Shaw" on one of the tvs in the background of one scene.

rox
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
There is a "Dr. Shaw" on one of the tvs in the background of one scene.

and if you turn on your caption mode it says sebastion shaw

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Myth

I consider it a prequel even the the continuity is not perfect. The beginning really shows that the movies are on the same storyline by showing the exact same scene as the first Xmen movie.

I don't see it as a prequel, even with that scene.

Much like the X-Men comics there are parallel universes, and I believe that's where First Class fits. There are scenarios that are the same through the multi-verse, but at other times they diverge into different realities.

X3, Xavier and Magneto are still friends when they recruit Jean Grey. Xavier could still walk at that time. In First Class, all of that is different.

lft4ded
IDK, especially considering how many times Prof X has re-lost the abillity to walk in comics. Maybe an Elixir type character shows up and fixes him and then he looses it lately.

As far as the friendship - they come together and then they fall apart. It could've been a clone/brainwashed/whatever of Mags. All kind of things happen in comics and there's a bit of time there.

Dominic EX2
Originally posted by rox
Don't want to spoile it but for all of you who saw this, how can it be a prequel to the other x-men movies after what happened at the end of first class.

As far as I know, it was revealed a few weeks ago that First Class will be a Reboot of the series. It might become an eventual prequel if they show up how they recruited Scott and the gang in the next movie.

Too bad it contradicts some things in the previous movies. Like Beast.
Beast was still a human in X2 and doesn't look like any feline in X3.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.