Mormonism {hitchens' take}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
L9UzbucqHCc

jcTBhQW175M

watch and discuss.

Quark_666
"This is very useful if you want to look up your own family tree, and as long as you do not object to having your ancestors becoming Mormons." - lol.

leonheartmm
GzfCtGFgRSk

Quark_666
Originally posted by leonheartmm
GzfCtGFgRSk I'm actually not a Mormon anymore, and I very much enjoyed Hitchen's book, enough so that I recognized its text from the videos of the original post on this thread. That said, this video quite simply didn't hit the nail - in terms of validity or humor.

Quark_666
Of all the people on KMC, there's one Mormon who posts regularly. You post anti-Mormon material, people are gonna shrug their shoulders because they're not Mormon. I'm not sure what this thread is supposed to do. Plus there's already a Mormon thread...?

leonheartmm
i post anti mormonISM material.not to vex mormons but to get people talking. honestly, if mormonism wasnt so cultlike and secretive of their ACTUAL tenants and practices, i would simply post videos or quotes asking for people to discuss it.

but everytime you try(very much like scientology) to point out the most ridiculous parts of the beleif system, you are faced with chants of discrimination and stereotyping, as if those things{space gods/magical underwear/a million other contreversial things} are simply myths which even the beleivers consider ridiculous.

but in reply, you never actually have the beleiverse tell you what they DO beleive instead. and ofcourse, theres ample evidence of such ridiculous practices despite the denials, and so the only thing thats left to even get people to start talking about these issues is mockery.

RE: Blaxican
Mormons are a lazy man's Jehovah's Witness, hence the insistence on using bikes instead of huffing it. 313

leonheartmm
tggtPHDmrR8

Quark_666
Originally posted by leonheartmm
i post anti mormonISM material.not to vex mormons but to get people talking. honestly, if mormonism wasnt so cultlike and secretive of their ACTUAL tenants and practices, i would simply post videos or quotes asking for people to discuss it.

but everytime you try(very much like scientology) to point out the most ridiculous parts of the beleif system, you are faced with chants of discrimination and stereotyping, as if those things{space gods/magical underwear/a million other contreversial things} are simply myths which even the beleivers consider ridiculous.

but in reply, you never actually have the beleiverse tell you what they DO beleive instead. and ofcourse, theres ample evidence of such ridiculous practices despite the denials, and so the only thing thats left to even get people to start talking about these issues is mockery.
What do you believe they're hiding? Secret handshakes? Secret names for everyone? Nuclear secrets?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.