Martian Manhunter vs. Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Harbinger
Damn. Flip a coin.

DickBlazer
Bill by narrowist of margins

carver9
Bill kills him. The only advantage MM have in this fight is TP, the rest goes do Bill.

Starscream M
Originally posted by carver9
Bill kills him. The only advantage MM have in this fight is TP, the rest goes do Bill. MM can go intangible on Bill. MM is faster than Bill.

Batman-Prime
50-50

Strength, equal
Combat Speed, equal or MM
Durability, equal
H2H, BRB
Powerset, TP, Intagibility, Force Vision vs Stormbreaker.

Prep-Man
Split.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
50-50

Strength, equal
Combat Speed, equal or MM
Durability, equal
H2H, BRB
Powerset, TP, Intagibility, Force Vision vs Stormbreaker. Bill by narrowist of margins

Martian_mind
Jonn.

Sr J-Bieb
Bill hits him with lightning or traps him in a forcefield

Both have been proven to be effective against MM

carver9
Originally posted by Starscream M
MM can go intangible on Bill. MM is faster than Bill.

What feats does MM have besides his one blitzing showing with Flash to assume he is faster?

Sr J-Bieb
What feats does MM have besides his one blitzing showing with Flash to assume he is faster? Ignoring what you said entirely... because really...

But asking Brucey for proof is gold

SquallX
Doesn't MM have planetary TP.

Has BRB showned any tp resistance.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by SquallX
Doesn't MM have planetary TP.

Has BRB showned any tp resistance.

A telepathic attack has dropped him in the past.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Harbinger
Damn. Flip a coin.

Prep-Man
MM due to his TP.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Harbinger
Damn. Flip a coin.

kmcisfortards

carver9
Bill, more powerful, planet crushing power, just as fast and more durable.

Prep-Man
Bill, more powerful, planet crushing power, just as fast and more durable.

Manhunter can absorb the earth to get more powerful, plus has better strength lifting feats, anyway.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Manhunter can absorb the earth to get more powerful, plus has better strength lifting feats, anyway.

But would you consider J'onn's lifting feats to put him on the same level as Bill's striking power? Granted, J'onn is obviously strong enough to ensure his fists will hurt, but Bill sans Stormbreaker is a Class 100+ on par with Thor. With it, his striking power becomes something else entirely.

carver9

Bill has crushed 2 planets on panel. What has Martian done besides aiding in pulling 1/3 of the moon?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
But would you consider J'onn's lifting feats to put him on the same level as Bill's striking power? Granted, J'onn is obviously strong enough to ensure his fists will hurt, but Bill sans Stormbreaker is a Class 100+ on par with Thor. With it, his striking power becomes something else entirely.

I think MM's striking power is on the same level, tbh, but MM has too many powers to lose. Has Bill ever knocked out a phased being that can phase in another dimension? Can he fight off planetary Telepathy on MM level?

carver9
I think MM's striking power is on the same level, tbh, but MM has too many powers to lose. Has Bill ever knocked out a phased being that can phase in another dimension? Can he fight off planetary Telepathy on MM level?

Has MM ever withstood a hit on Bills caliber. Their striking power isn't on the same level at all...not even close.

JakeTheBank

We'll have to disagree on the striking power, then. J'onn's definitely strong enough to matter physically, but I for one haven't seen incredibly impressive striking/sheer destructive force with his blows at least on par with BRB. Mjolnir has shown to effect and attack beings out of phase before, so I'd wager Stormbreaker would do the same. Bill's TP resistance is something that's a gray area as he's not really been on the receiving end of many psychic assaults, so I won't say he could shrug off J'onn's telepathy with ease or anything.

Prep-Man
From Superman, Lobo, etc... and Bill won't be making contact from someone who can phase in and out.

carver9
From Superman, Lobo, etc... and Bill won't be making contact from someone who can phase in and out.

So Superman hit Bill with planet crushing strength? When? When has Mono destroyed a planet?

carver9
So Superman hit Bill with planet crushing strength? When? When has Mono destroyed a planet?

My phone is trippin, I meant to say Lobo.

Lord Feron
Phasing I don't think should be a problem because of stormbreaker. I mean I don't htink it should. But i do believe MM has a very good chance going via a mental assault. I am unsure what BB track record is in that dept.

If it comes physical combat, Bill takes it with medium effort.

BattleMage
BRB should win this...

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
We'll have to disagree on the striking power, then. J'onn's definitely strong enough to matter physically, but I for one haven't seen incredibly impressive striking/sheer destructive force with his blows at least on par with BRB. Mjolnir has shown to effect and attack beings out of phase before, so I'd wager Stormbreaker would do the same. Bill's TP resistance is something that's a gray area as he's not really been on the receiving end of many psychic assaults, so I won't say he could shrug off J'onn's telepathy with ease or anything.

Well, if we haven't seen BRB do it, then it's not going to work in the forums. MM was strong enough to stagger Supes. In a fist fight, I'd go with BRB. He's more durable and whatnot, but we know it's not going to get to that. Jonzz has mind controlled the JLA and would do the same to Bill.

JakeTheBank
Well, if we haven't seen BRB do it, then it's not going to work in the forums. MM was strong enough to stagger Supes. In a fist fight, I'd go with BRB. He's more durable and whatnot, but we know it's not going to get to that. Jonzz has mind controlled the JLA and would do the same to Bill.

I don't disagree with this.

It depends on how the fight pans out, imo. It's very plausible that J'onn goes for telepathy on the onset for the victory. If he decides a physical route, then BRB is going to beat him, imo.

Martian_mind
Bill is never going to physically take down Jonn before Jonn drops him with TP. Bill went down like a ***** to a telepathic attack during Defalco's run on Thor.

OneDumbG0
^ He did? Vance Astro barely staggered him with a cheap shot telepathic blast.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Vance Astro is a pussy, and was it telepathy or focused psionic energy?

Anyway, Bill gets KTFO'd by psychic attack in Thor 411, and put on his knees and rendered helpless by it again in Thor 413.

namorsubby
MM due to his TP.

zopzop

Vance is a telepath now? I thought his Guardians of the Galaxy version uses psychokinesis and his 616 version, Justice uses telekinesis? When did he develop telepathic powers?

OneDumbG0
^ Is there a difference worth noting? Originally posted by Martian_mind
Vance Astro is a pussy, and was it telepathy or focused psionic energy?

Anyway, Bill gets KTFO'd by psychic attack in Thor 411, and put on his knees and rendered helpless by it again in Thor 413. Wouldn't a telepathic blast be focused psionic energy?

zopzop
^ Is there a difference worth noting? Wouldn't a telepathic blast be focused psionic energy?

If I'm wrong, Martian_mind will correct me. But I think he meant that the "focused psionic attack" was a telekinetic bolt not a telepathic attack. Vance, unless something changed, never displayed ANY telepathic ability only psychokinesis (GotG version) and telekinesis (616 version).

EDIT :

Forgot to answer your question, yes. Psychokinesis seemed like a more limited version of telekinesis. He used it to move things around (Vance of GotG universe) and one time to create a platform to lower his team mates down a rift. He never did things like form force field domes, fly, etc...

leonidas
yeah, i thought it was tk too. i don't recall the incidents mm is talking about, but if there is proof bill is vulnerable to tp, he's totally f'd. i don't really see him hitting jonn phased either. probably mm's to lose.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i thought it was tk too. i don't recall the incidents mm is talking about, but if there is proof bill is vulnerable to tp, he's totally f'd. i don't really see him hitting jonn phased either. probably mm's to lose.

It happened in the back up stories of Thor 411-413. It was BRB vs some psychic alien slavers or something. Memory is kinda foggy on this.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i thought it was tk too. i don't recall the incidents mm is talking about, but if there is proof bill is vulnerable to tp, he's totally f'd. i don't really see him hitting jonn phased either. probably mm's to lose. So it was a mindblast that was meant to be a physical blow?

zopzop
Do you guys care enough for me to post the scans? I can dig them up if need be.

Mindset
icare

Cogito
Originally posted by Mindset
icare

I care more mad

zopzop
As I promised :
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3109/thor198941122.th.jpg http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6166/thor198941123.th.jpg http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5596/thor199041322.th.jpg

He was KTFO. "Ah, I just knew you'd soon recover from that psychic blast". Seems like Martian Manhunter would annihilate Bill with his TP.

Philosophía
That's pretty much .

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
As I promised :
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3109/thor198941122.th.jpg http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6166/thor198941123.th.jpg http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5596/thor199041322.th.jpg

He was KTFO. "Ah, I just knew you'd soon recover from that psychic blast". Seems like Martian Manhunter would annihilate Bill with his TP.

mad

Martian_mind
Suck it bitches

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1070664_o.gif

leonidas
laughing

yeah, i'm with phil--that may pretty well spell the end here. bill could absorb it i suppose, but phasing+invisibility+superspeed=back attack and ko. mm takes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.