Ghost Rider vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

majid86
Norrin kicks his ass!

byrdgang21
Originally posted by majid86
Norrin kicks his ass!

I think Blaze can definitely take some.

Harbinger
Norrin.

Trackz
I'm actually not sure...Penance Stare probably takes down SS

vansonbee
Originally posted by Trackz
I'm actually not sure...Penance Stare probably takes down SS I'm sure the SS knows about his sins everyday. Will that still work? confused

Usually people PS are use on criminals/murders who don't give a damn about their sins.

guy222
which rider

blaze, ketch or the new gal

and if its ketch is it when he took on zadkiel

Eternal Idol
Surfer every time.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by byrdgang21
I think Blaze can definitely take some. In his ass?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Surfer every time.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by byrdgang21
I think Blaze can definitely take some.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
In his ass?

And then to mouth.

Seriously, he's not on Surfer's level.

Trackz
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And then to mouth.

Seriously, he's not on Surfer's level. When he became an angel or whatever he was doing some pretty impressive things.

Although he did get embarrassed by Hellverine, so you're probably right.

StiltmanFTW
When he became an angel or whatever he was doing some pretty impressive things.

Although he did get embarrassed by Hellverine, so you're probably right.

Haven't read that. He had wings?

He did get drained by DD possessed by the Beast, now that was embarassing. Imagine what Surfer would do who has tons of energy manip/absorption feats.

Trackz
Haven't read that. He had wings?

He did get drained by DD possessed by the Beast, now that was embarassing. Imagine what Surfer would do who has tons of energy manip/absorption feats.
Ghost Rider found out he was God's Vengeance instead of the devil's or something to that effect.

Silver Surfer gets jobbed too, (Red Hulk).

Ghost Rider did play around with World War Hulk like he was nothing.

Batman-Prime
SS is more powerful but the PS should work imho, because the SS is responsible for the deaths of billions, directly or not.

StiltmanFTW
Ghost Rider found out he was God's Vengeance instead of the devil's or something to that effect.

Silver Surfer gets jobbed too, (Red Hulk).

Ghost Rider did play around with World War Hulk like he was nothing.

Heard about that. It was written by Way?

Rookie Surfer you mean. And GR is not on pre-Parker Rulk level anyway.

It was the other way around.

Trackz
Heard about that. It was written by Way?

Rookie Surfer you mean. And GR is not on pre-Parker Rulk level anyway.

It was the other way around.

It was written by Jason Aaron.

I thought Ghost Rider was dragging WWH through buildings and what not but then gave up when he saw Hulk wasn't guilty?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by vansonbee
I'm sure the SS knows about his sins everyday. Will that still work? confused

Usually people PS are use on criminals/murders who don't give a damn about their sins. The PS let's you suffer the pain you caused others it doesn't just reminds you on the shit you've done.

Trackz
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The PS let's you suffer the pain you caused others it doesn't just reminds you on the shit you've done. Actually one time when Ghost Rider tried the penance stare on Hannibal King, it backfired due to all the guilt King felt.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
SS is more powerful but the PS should work imho, because the SS is responsible for the deaths of billions, directly or not.

GR would not get near him.

It was written by Jason Aaron.

I thought Ghost Rider was dragging WWH through buildings and what not but then gave up when he saw Hulk wasn't guilty?

Hulk broke free and tricked him, no-sold that skyscraper falling on him... completely discredited him as a threat. Only after Blaze lost control it seemed like he could give Banner a fight.

Trackz
GR would not get near him.

Hulk broke free and tricked him, no-sold that skyscraper falling on him... completely discredited him as a threat. Only after Blaze lost control it seemed like he could give Banner a fight.
Ooh, then silver surfer wins...something tell's me a herald of heaven should be more powerful than that of galactus though.

OneDumbG0
Hulk broke free and tricked him, no-sold that skyscraper falling on him... completely discredited him as a threat. Only after Blaze lost control it seemed like he could give Banner a fight. This. thumb up

rotiart
Ooh, then silver surfer wins...something tell's me a herald of heaven should be more powerful than that of galactus though.

Because angels have so many proven feats right? Cough.

Trackz
Originally posted by rotiart
Because angels have so many proven feats right? Cough. Seemed pretty powerful in Ghost Rider, but I concede.

Mindset
You're stupid if you think GR can't win.

vansonbee
I would say SS take the majority, but not in a stomp.

http://youtu.be/Hx8ob0BAkOs XD

SS equivalent to an angel smile A space angel.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
You're stupid if you think GR can't win.

King Kandy
heaven is just another pantheon in marvel... we saw Chaos King kill Satan without hardly trying.

StiltmanFTW
"The" Satan?

Trackz
there's no such thing as "the" satan in marvel, just different rulers and what not. I did a research paper and there's not even a singular solitary devil in the catholic bible....but thats off the subject.

StiltmanFTW
So Aaron's Satan just another Mephisto?

Didn't know that.

King Kandy
Very true. Many beings have gone under the name Satan in marvel. It was the ghost rider/son of satan version that was killed by Chaos King. So we know Ghost Rider's hell is a pantheon, why would his heaven be any different.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by King Kandy
It was the ghost rider/son of satan version that was killed by Chaos King.

Wasn't he retconned to be Mephisto?

chomperx9
why is everyone Fing pennance stare resistant all of a sudden ?

King Kandy
Wasn't he retconned to be Mephisto?
Well it gets kind of ambiguous... the ghost rider comics said it was Mephisto, but the son of satan comics continued maintaining they were distinct entities. And then there were comics saying that all the demon-lords were just manifestations of some evil force, basically trying to resolve this. And now in Chaos War, we see Satan as the son of satan version; I guess its hard to tell how relevant it is to ghost rider. But they are closely connected so I think they carry shared assumptions.

StiltmanFTW
Well it gets kind of ambiguous... the ghost rider comics said it was Mephisto, but the son of satan comics continued maintaining they were distinct entities. And then there were comics saying that all the demon-lords were just manifestations of some evil force, basically trying to resolve this. And now in Chaos War, we see Satan as the son of satan version; I guess its hard to tell how relevant it is to ghost rider. But they are closely connected so I think they carry shared assumptions.

Thank you. So I guess Lucifer is yet another hell-lord? Same with Wolverine's Satan?

Haven't read CW. You remember the issue in which he got offed?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by chomperx9
why is everyone Fing pennance stare resistant all of a sudden ?

nah i for one think it could work. But that V.s. the many options surfer has. I think the chances of surver winning is greater than GR.

King Kandy
Thank you. So I guess Lucifer is yet another hell-lord? Same with Wolverine's Satan?

Haven't read CW. You remember the issue in which he got offed?
I haven't read the actual issue but I think it was the Chaos War: Chaos King special.

Uriel005
Ghost rider is one of those characters that seems to have a lot more potential than he shows. I mean when it comes down to it Johnny has the power of Zarathos. Someone who was considered a rival to Mephisto IIRC who only got beaten due to weakness abuse. i.e. mephisto put him up against someone with no soul and most of his powers were soul based. So GR has the potential to be that strong imo... But thats just my take on it.

As it stands Silver Surfer 8-9/10

StiltmanFTW
I haven't read the actual issue but I think it was the Chaos War: Chaos King special.

Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.