The Mandarin vs Spiral

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Go

Supermutant
Spiral ftw, she can be very creative with her powerset.

inimalist
I'm thinking spyral

leonidas
spiral. interesting match though. spiral is a beast.....

Harbinger
Only way I could see this being a better match is if Mandarin had his rings. Otherwise, he's pretty screwed here.

EDIT: Closer, still Spiral.

"Id"
This is Mandarin with his rings.

Simbon
Has spiral ever resisted matter manipulation?

leonidas
Originally posted by Simbon
Has spiral ever resisted matter manipulation?

that's a pretty specific request. she doesn't directly, not afaik anyway, but i also don't believe anyone has tried it on her. her own spells allow her to perform some pretty crazy matter manip feats herself as well. she also has shields and her ability to teleport makes it unlikely he'd hit her with it. she can also parry blasts with her swords which have fended off attacks by most of the xmen.

Simbon
I'll grant that hitting her is difficult, but Mandy has a couple of key advantages here. First of all, he can cover the battlefield with darkness (good enough to confound iron man), which he can see through thanks to his special contact lenses. From there, it should be relatively easy for him to take Spiral out with his more powerful rings. The matter ring can create paralyzing fields of energy, turn people into insects, turn people's bones into glass, etc.

Blair Wind
I say Spiral. She has more exotic abilities that would neutralize any of the advantages his rings or MA skill would normally grant him. I don't like her much, and am a much bigger Mandarin fan, but I don't see him winning.

Simbon
Well, at least I tried to make a case for Mandy.

StiltmanFTW
Nerve ray and disintegration beam combo ftw?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Simbon
Well, at least I tried to make a case for Mandy.

I think not calling him Mandy might be a start stick out tongue

Simbon
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I think not calling him Mandy might be a start stick out tongue

I'm takin' it back.

StiltmanFTW
Leonidas should do a respect thread for Spiral.

leonidas
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Leonidas should do a respect thread for Spiral.

and you should mind your business, mister. mad

(maybe one of these days....)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
and you should mind your business, mister. mad

(maybe one of these days....)

Seriously, you seem to be the best suited for the job. I'd love to learn about the character.

Bentley
At one point I was gathering scans for a Spiral respect thread, but I don't read X-men comics that much and drop it. Then I found out Leo knew a bunch of stuff about her.

She does take this fight, she could bfr Mandarin if it even came to that.

Magneto1982
Spiral ftw!

leonidas
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Seriously, you seem to be the best suited for the job. I'd love to learn about the character.

okay, so, finally threw a little something together in the respect thread. hope it helps. smile

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
okay, so, finally threw a little something together in the respect thread. hope it helps. smile

Spiral. Mages>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Non Mages.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Spiral. Mages>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Non Mages.

Ulik raped Mordo in his own fortress.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.