The Official inimalist Odds Thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Once we get rosters and themes down. We can get dis bytch rolling.

King Kandy
You should post current teams.

"Id"
The only team I am certain of is my own. embarrasment

"Id"
Psycho Gundam & Leonidas (Based Gods)
Magneto
Captain Comet
Kabuto Yakushi

Ambient (Mutant X)
Cable
Multiple Man
Warlock

JakeTheBank & Existre (Fantastic 4-ish)
Invisible Man
Dr. Doom
Madison Jeffries

Charlotte DeBel (Killed in Action)
Ambrose Chase
Manchester Black
Mimic

Simbon (Masters of Time)
Kang
Zarrko
Epoch

Id (Hounds of War)
Bastion
Spawn
Ironman

I think this is the current roster.

Charlotte DeBel
Roster after redrafts

Charlotte's Awesome Team, formerly Killed in Action (though Meggan pre-her-Hell adventures also fits the theme)
Meggan
Ambrose Chase
Manchester Black

Team Smurph
Dr Doom
Invisible Man
Madison Jeffries

Simbon's Time Lords
Epoch
Zarrko
Kang the Conqueror

Team ID
Bastion
Spawn
Iron Man

Team Ambient
Cable
Technarchy Warlock
Darkness

Psycho Gundam & Leonidas (Based Gods)
Magneto
Legion
Kabuto Yakushi

Charlotte DeBel
That's taking into account the redrafts

King Kandy
I don't feel like i can give odds without seeing more of the teams in action. but off the top of my head, Id, psycho, and smurph seem to have very strong teams.

"Id"
Now we gets some odds rolling. gun_bandana

"Id"

Simbon
Originally posted by "Id"

Simbon's Time Lords
Epoch
Zarrko
Kang the Conqueror
Broken bastards team is B-R-O-K-E-N.

Ha! I like that. I think I'll take "The Broken Bastards" as my team's official second title.

Digi
Madison and Doom are a great combo, for reasons stated by Id. That jumped out to me. Experience means a ton, history has taught us. I've only judged the one match, and there's been redrafts...to that end, another thing history has taught us is that we don't know what competitors are planning. Seeing a fresh set of matches will illuminate a lot.

"Id"
Originally posted by Simbon
Ha! I like that. I think I'll take "The Broken Bastards" as my team's official second title.

The B-R-O-K-E-N Time Lords.

Simbon
Hard to call odds at this point. Id and Smurph/Jake have by far the most flexible teams, but that doesn't always translate into really unusual strategies -- the tumble-weed match in round, for instance. Leo and PG have the strongest team in terms of raw power, but I can also see that leading to lazy, overly Kabuto-centered prep like it did in their first match (granted, that lazy prep did end up defeating a very creative, carefully thought out plan). Ambient's a bit of a loose cannon, but he's hampered by a loss and a roster built around a single strategy.

leonidas
9/10?? huh. i'd like our odds better if a knew a damn thing about kabuti. no expression

leonidas
oh, and if smurph's team doesn't win this thing, they, like, really both suck. no expression

shifty

King Kandy
I actually think Kabuto is leo/psycho's strongest asset.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by leonidas
9/10?? huh. i'd like our odds better if a knew a damn thing about kabuti. no expression

laughing out loud

Originally posted by King Kandy
I actually think Kabuto is leo/psycho's strongest asset.

thumb up Mostly because he's a broken summoner.

King Kandy
I think they are just getting started on the things they can do with him.

leonidas
^ shifty

confused

Simbon
I don't think there's any doubt that Kabuto's their strongest asset; that's actually the reason why I thought they might get lazy on prep. Ideally, every character on a team should bring something to the prep-phase, but in the first round Magneto and Comet were treated (quite literally) like constructs -- they brought essentially nothing to Leo and PG's prep.

leonidas
complex prep=overrated, wink

Simbon
I wasn't saying prep needed to be complex (though I'll admit that is what I like) -- only that not using a character in prep comes with a high opportunity cost. I think not using all of one's characters in prep also encourages the repeated use of a single strategy, putting one's opponents in a better position to counter. Not that you and PG are necessarily going to keep on doing the same thing -- it's just that, given your team's superior power, if you lose any matches, I suspect that this will be the reason why.

"Id"
Originally posted by leonidas
abccoffee
His ninjutsu's
http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=38915680&postcount=120

Detailed bio through wiki.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kabuto_Yakushi

"Id"
Originally posted by King Kandy
I think they are just getting started on the things they can do with him.

If anything they should drop Legion, and grab Madara.

Kabuto can summon those ex super zombie Jinchūriki. Madara fuses them bijūs, implanting them with Dōjutsus....and oooohhhh yeeeahhh.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by "Id"
If anything they should drop Legion, and grab Madara.

Kabuto can summon those ex super zombie Jinchūriki. Madara fuses them bijūs, implanting them with Dōjutsus....and oooohhhh yeeeahhh.

Kabuto and his undead army + Madara and his six paths of pain composed of jinchuriki (all with Sharinigans and Rinnegans)?

Sounds like that would be fun. I think Leo would blow a gasket not knowing what the hell was going on though.

"Id"
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Kabuto and his undead army + Madara and his six paths of pain composed of jinchuriki (all with Sharinigans and Rinnegans)?

Sounds like that would be fun. I think Leo would blow a gasket not knowing what the hell was going on though. Yeah leo is way out of his element. Me, and Kandy should have joined this. With Manga characters allowed, this tourney is ripe for the picking.

And say they drop Magneto instead of Legion. With Legion backing them up. They would carry the sufficient numbers, force, and adversity to give any team pure hell.mhmm

Well with the exception my own. My team is hell.

Digi
I think it's probably good to have leo grounding that team. As a judge who is versed in tourneys but not manga, I often have a very hard time visualizing manga feats, or putting them in context. I know others have had the same troubles, and I've seen it when I've competed as well, and it's likely cost some people matches. The same used to be true of very obscure characters...and by that, I mean no one but the person using them was familiar with them beyond what you'd find on a wiki. It's less true of obscure characters anymore because of collective forum knowledge, but the principle still exists.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I think Leo would blow a gasket not knowing what the hell was going on though.

amen to that.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.