Thor (without Mjolnir) VS Sebastian Shaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Thor (without Mjolnir) VS Sebastian Shaw

no prep. no bfr. NO hammer. thor has his standard strength/durability.

fight ends upon a KO.

who wins?

1. thor without lightning

2. thor with lightning

Q99
Thor and Thor. Even at max, Shaw's never shown himself able to have a prolonged fight with some of Thor's level.

Laminator_X
Once Thor figures out what's up (Shaw likes to gloat about his powers after the first hit he absorbs), he could just lift Shaw over his head and there'd be little Shaw could do about it.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Once Thor figures out what's up (Shaw likes to gloat about his powers after the first hit he absorbs), he could just lift Shaw over his head and there'd be little Shaw could do about it.

That actually wouldn't prevent Shaw from hitting Thor and thus building up more strength. And if Thor held him in such a way as to prevent him from moving, that'd probably require a strong enough grip that the force he was applying would be absorbed and empower Shaw.

Not saying he'd win, just that you didn't necessarily give a win scenario for Thor.

OneDumbG0
Sebastian Shaw >>>>> Wolverine >>>>>> Thor w/o Mjolnir.

Thor has no chance against the power of Wolverithmetics.

zopzop
@OneDumbG0

You really want to start that again here?

@OP

1) Shaw? I don't think he's ever been overloaded with kinetic energy from physical attacks. Shaw for the majority.

2) Thor. Storm overloaded him during the Dark Phoenix Saga, I'm betting Thor could too. So Thor 10/10.

Silent Master
So, Shaw would beat Mangog if it was HTH only?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by zopzop
@OneDumbG0

You really want to start that again here? http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Wolverithmetics02.jpg

Prep-Man
lol

Zack Fair
Wolverithmetics sounds up there with Quanchiology and Carverlosophy.

Cogito
Everyone has limits, Thor is beyond Shaw's

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master
So, Shaw would beat Mangog if it was HTH only?

Can Thor beat Mangog h2h?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Wolverithmetics02.jpg

Yes. Yes, I do.

Silent Master
Originally posted by carver9
Can Thor beat Mangog h2h?

What does that have to do with this topic?

leonidas
oi.... don't think shaw can win, but he could make it a fight. even if he can approach thor's strength (and i don't think he can), thor still has it all over him in terms of durability and skill.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by leonidas
oi.... don't think shaw can win, but he could make it a fight. even if he can approach thor's strength (and i don't think he can), thor still has it all over him in terms of durability and skill. Wouldent durability be a wash? Since every time Shaw hit, he actually increasing in durability, speed and strength?

also Shaw is a very good h2h fighter.

leonidas
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Wouldent durability be a wash? Since every time Shaw hit, he actually increasing in durability, speed and strength?

also Shaw is a very good h2h fighter.

i think shaw will only get so strong though, and his durability would peak. shaw's an all right brawler (not sure what you're basing his skills on) from what i've seen of him, but i'd still say thor is better. i doubt speed would be an issue in any way at all. i think thor would simply outlast shaw in terms of strength and durability.

psycho gundam
let's see some shaw feats

leonidas
Originally posted by psycho gundam
let's see some shaw feats

thumb up

i know a couple. and none that i know of would suggest he's beating thor.....

psycho gundam
his best feat i can remember is when he fell onto nimrod from the edge of the atmosphere and survived

Laminator_X
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
That actually wouldn't prevent Shaw from hitting Thor and thus building up more strength. And if Thor held him in such a way as to prevent him from moving, that'd probably require a strong enough grip that the force he was applying would be absorbed and empower Shaw.

Not saying he'd win, just that you didn't necessarily give a win scenario for Thor.

Well, I was imagining Thor holding him belly up by his collar and pants, but I guess that didn't go without saying. It would also be very easy for Thor to gently but firmly smother Shaw into unconciousness.

carver9
And the fact that nothing Nimrod could conjure could hurt Shaw so that was the main reason he was tossed like that. Then we have that instance where he fought Colossus and stood still in one spot while Colossus punched him on the face and chest and he smiled and didn't budge or move during this assault without a scratch. He then proceeded at one shotting Colossus. Then we have that instance of him pimp slapping Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers koing her and this happened twice (let's not name all of the attacks Rogue has withstood). Then we have that small showing when he fought Namor and caught his punch and hit him with a haymaker... The fight was interrupted though.

Shaw has some good showings. Even his fight against Magneto was decent but its not enough to beat Thor.

psycho gundam
minor league stuff, he can't see thor in attack power

thor killed blockbuster during the mutant massacre, so shaw wouldn't want to anger a guy who can oneshot kill an guy in the big leagues

carver9
I agree but my point was "do not underestimate him".

psycho gundam
overrate him instead?

carver9
Naah, Thor needs to take this fight seriously is what I am saying.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Cogito
The sad thing is you believe this roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Lol.

colossulrage
Originally posted by carver9
And the fact that nothing Nimrod could conjure could hurt Shaw so that was the main reason he was tossed like that. Then we have that instance where he fought Colossus and stood still in one spot while Colossus punched him on the face and chest and he smiled and didn't budge or move during this assault without a scratch. He then proceeded at one shotting Colossus. Then we have that instance of him pimp slapping Rogue with Ms. Marvel powers koing her and this happened twice (let's not name all of the attacks Rogue has withstood). Then we have that small showing when he fought Namor and caught his punch and hit him with a haymaker... The fight was interrupted though.

Shaw has some good showings. Even his fight against Magneto was decent but its not enough to beat Thor. do you mean the wheadon run where he fought colossus cause if so wasnt he just a psychic projection of emma? maybe im wrong been awhile since ive read the run

carver9
Originally posted by colossulrage
do you mean the wheadon run where he fought colossus cause if so wasnt he just a psychic projection of emma? maybe im wrong been awhile since ive read the run

Naah, that's not the fight I'm talking about. I remember that fight...that happened during Colossus appearance back to the XMen. I'm referring to Colossus and Shaw first fight in the Hell Fire club mansion.

colossulrage
ah ok gotcha dark phoenix saga

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by psycho gundam
minor league stuff, he can't see thor in attack power

thor killed blockbuster during the mutant massacre, so shaw wouldn't want to anger a guy who can oneshot kill an guy in the big leagues
It true, shaw does not have the showings. He simply has not foughten the people Thor has, but he also not really been defeat by anyone through physical means. So yes u can assume Thor would beat him, because Thor does have superior showings, but that might no be accurate representation of a how a fight between the two would go in h2h, because frankly we do not know if Shaw has upper limits.

This is one of those fights were feat skewer hurt shaw significantly because of his lack of showings and opposition.

carver9
We do know one thing though. During Shaw fight against Nimrod, Nimrod couldn't find any type of physical weakness or a way of defeating Shaw so he decided to bfr him. Now let's not forget that Nimrod has dropped Classic Juggernaut and had him screaming out in pain but yet he seen no flaws in Shaw physical makeup and actually stated that anything he could possibly due to Shaw would empower him.

Q99
Originally posted by zopzop

1) Shaw? I don't think he's ever been overloaded with kinetic energy from physical attacks. Shaw for the majority.

He has been overloaded by a fall. Low-showing, to be sure, but it does establish it's possible for kinetic energy to do the trick.

Newjak
I wanted to ask about the Namor scan. In it Namor seems to fly into Shaw very hard which causes him to bleed and get knocked back.

Am I wrong this point?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
He has been overloaded by a fall. Low-showing, to be sure, but it does establish it's possible for kinetic energy to do the trick.
wouldent that fall under pis? Not sure how PIS showing constitutes an establish limit to his powers.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Newjak
I wanted to ask about the Namor scan. In it Namor seems to fly into Shaw very hard which causes him to bleed and get knocked back.

Am I wrong this point?
Were the scan? I have to see it to comment accurately.

Dum Dum Dugan
I have always been of the opinion that shaw does not absorb kinetic energy with 100% efficiency, (which could be very bad for him in this match up), that would explain the incidents when he has been cut, and perhaps bled from even blunt force (if namor incident is accurate as newjack described it)

Q99
wouldent that fall under pis? Not sure how PIS showing constitutes an establish limit to his powers.

I would say the amount it took is PIS since we have seen him handle more energy than that, but the main point is it's never said physical force can't overload him and an incident that says it can.

Newjak
Were the scan? I have to see it to comment accurately. It was in the Shaw respect thread on the 2nd page.

It was incident where they had Shaw catch his hand. The next panel showed Shaw getting flow into by Namor, and knocked down. It looked to me like Shaw was bleeding from it.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
I would say the amount it took is PIS since we have seen him handle more energy than that, but the main point is it's never said physical force can't overload him and an incident that says it can.
That incident would be pis. U can't pick and chioce which part of it is pis. The fact it overloaded it period is pis, so how on earth can u determine that as legitment limitation to his power, based off pis event?

Think about what ur saying.

Q99
That incident would be pis. U can't pick and chioce which part of it is pis. The fact it overloaded it period is pis, so how on earth can u determine that as legitment limitation to his power, based off pis event?

Think about what ur saying.

Let's put it another way: Do we have any evidence at all that physical force works different than any of the other types of energy that can overload him?

No, no we do not.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
Let's put it another way: Do we have any evidence at all that physical force works different than any of the other types of energy that can overload him?

No, no we do not.
when has he been overloaded by other types of energy?

Do u even have evidence of other types of energy overloading him? I feel this answer is likely no.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Newjak
It was in the Shaw respect thread on the 2nd page.

It was incident where they had Shaw catch his hand. The next panel showed Shaw getting flow into by Namor, and knocked down. It looked to me like Shaw was bleeding from it.
it a little sketchy, but I agree it does look like he bleeding, which supports my theory he can't efficiently absorb 100% of the kinetic energy

Q99
when has he been overloaded by other types of energy?

Do u even have evidence of other types of energy overloading him? I feel this answer is likely no.

What? Yes, he's been overloaded. Storm's done it.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
What? Yes, he's been overloaded. Storm's done it.
When? Issue and title please.

ankur29
thor wins,

namor knocked shaw on his ass and had him bleeding(although shaw made namor bleed too) but thor is stronger than namor

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by ankur29
thor wins,

namor knocked shaw on his ass and had him bleeding(although shaw made namor bleed too) but thor is stronger than namor

Not denying thor wins, but your reasoning is flawed. Namor done the same thing to Hulk that does not mean Thor beating Hulk in h2h.

Q99
When? Issue and title please.

Uncanny X-men 152.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
Uncanny X-men 152.
Isent that because lightning is a form of energy shaw can't absorb? pretty sure that was the same tactic used by pierce, who designed claws that used eletrical attacks, because shaw is unable to absorb them.

If this is the case, what relevence does that have to this fight?

BUSTER1
Isent that because lightning is a form of energy shaw can't absorb? pretty sure that was the same tactic used by pierce, who designed claws that used eletrical attacks, because shaw is unable to absorb them.

If this is the case, what relevence does that have to this fight?

In the OP 2 scenarious were stated for this thread

1. Thor with no lightning
2. Thor with lightning

Q99
There's also Astonishing X-men vol 3 #15, wherein after a particularly brutal fight with Colossus he was bruised and injured. He won the fight but the hits were still enough to cause significant damage.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
There's also Astonishing X-men vol 3 #15, wherein after a particularly brutal fight with Colossus he was bruised and injured. He won the fight but the hits were still enough to cause significant damage.
I am pretty sure those were images place in his head by emma and not Shaw at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.