Vulcan & Nate Grey vs. Loki & Sersi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

inimalist
I can't help but think Vulcan is a little out of his league here...

Harbinger
^ Was thinking this, too, despite having Shaman Nate to team up with.

"Id"
Well according to quite a few. Vulcan is right there with Loki & Sersi, rightfully belonging on the Mid Herald.

Personally, I see him on near equal footing with Magneto/Exodus.

carver9
And let's also not forget that Vulcan can control and absorb magic and a large amount. He could potentially drain anyone on the other team if he had to.Vulcan is being underestimated.

Team 1 7/10

inimalist
Originally posted by carver9
And let's also not forget that Vulcan can control and absorb magic and a large amount. He could potentially drain anyone on the other team if he had to.Vulcan is being underestimated.

Team 1 7/10

source?

"Id"
Originally posted by inimalist
source?
He is referencing Vulcan stripping Adam Warlock of his powers.

inimalist
right, because that is highly consistent with all of his other showing

btw, Magus, not Warlock

EDIT: sorry, that came off more glib than I had hoped

carver9
source?

His fight against Warlock. He was draining him dry and actually had Warlock running. He then turned around and used his magic against him...hell, he was using Warlock maid better than Warlock himself could use it. He has complete control of ALL forms of energy. Either one on the other team that is facing him loses a healthy majority. Their only option Kantor double team him but he has a partner.

"Id"

btw, Magus, not Warlock

That scene was confusing. He is referenced as Warlock, but looked like Magus. So what was it?

inimalist
just for interests sake carver, what other feats does Vulcan have that put him in the same league as Magus?

inimalist
Originally posted by "Id"
That scene was confusing. He is referenced as Warlock, but looked like Magus. So what was it?

It is revealed later in the GotG series that it is in fact Magus, whom Starlord has to take out using a cosmic cube

carver9

btw, Magus, not Warlock

EDIT: sorry, that came off more glib than I had hoped

Him directing and absorbing all forms of energy IS consistent. When did he fail at this?

"Id"
In Emperor Vulcan, he stripped the Eldest of his power. Though its not magic per say. He was potently powerful. Shrugging off Vulcan, and Gladiators assault.

inimalist
Him directing and absorbing all forms of energy IS consistent. When did he fail at this?

if I give you an example of him being unable to manipulate a form of energy (off the top of my head, Blackbolt's energy, or in several fights against Havok and Polaris, though the Havok one is inconsistent), will you tell me another time where Vulcan has defeated someone even close to the power level of Magus or even Warlock?

because, you know, he lost to Havok, Havok & Polaris, Gladiator, Blackbolt, etc

inimalist
Originally posted by "Id"
In Emperor Vulcan, he stripped the Eldest of his power. Though its not magic per say. He was potently powerful. Shrugging off Vulcan, and Gladiators assault.

indeed, that is a good feat

EDIT: I posted all this stuff in one of Kandy's tourney draft threads. Vulcan is, at best, indeterminate in power, but his low showings certainly need to be considered to balance against nonsense like him hanging with Magus

carver9
just for interests sake carver, what other feats does Vulcan have that put him in the same league as Magus?

Curbing the entire Shiar group without struggling at all until Gladiator showed up. Then he killed a being that absorbed EVERY being on his planet energy/power. Let's not forget that this guy had enough power to even break Gladiator arm.

Vulcan has some amazing showings and again, controlling energy was his thang. Everyone here is suspect at getting drained/defeated by Vulcan.

inimalist
Curbing the entire Shiar group without struggling at all until Gladiator showed up.

putting him in the power range of a modest mid 90s X-Men team

Vulcan has some amazing showings and again, controlling energy was his thang. Everyone here is suspect at getting drained/defeated by Vulcan.

excluding Blackbolt, Polaris and Havok you mean?

carver9
if I give you an example of him being unable to manipulate a form of energy (off the top of my head, Blackbolt's energy, or in several fights against Havok and Polaris, though the Havok one is inconsistent), will you tell me another time where Vulcan has defeated someone even close to the power level of Magus or even Warlock?

because, you know, he lost to Havok, Havok & Polaris, Gladiator, Blackbolt, etc

It's Glads, of course he would lose and Loki isn't physically Glads. CIS had a huge take on his fights against the XMen...in but looking at previous showings, he curbed the entire crew by himself. He didn't lose to Blackbolt, a bomb killed both of them. He survived BB scream and attacked Jim and died during the bombs explosion.

inimalist

carver9
putting him in the power range of a modest mid 90s X-Men team

excluding Blackbolt, Polaris and Havok you mean?

CIS...I'm not saying that Vulcan is more powerful than Loki but what I am saying is that he is equipped at taking out Loki.

carver9
he was only able to hang with Black Bolt until he used his voice, after that BB was the clear winner

round 2 is when the bomb goes off

I don't know why you posted that when you know I read it. BB voice was the deciding factor in that fight. Are you saying that Loki or Sersi could tank it?

inimalist
CIS...I'm not saying that Vulcan is more powerful than Loki but what ObAMA saying is that he is equipped at taking out Loki.

LOL

right, so his multiple fights where he loses to Havok and Polaris or everyone else are CIS, but one brief showing against MAGUS, which is inconsistent with all his other showings, is valid...

ok, I'm done, I feel my point has been made

carver9
Lol... It's not just one fight but I get your point. He still takes out Loki since he has shown how he deals with magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.