Golden Age Superman VS Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Golden Age Superman VS Wolverine

GA Superman with those specific GA powers. no prep. no bfr. fight is in a forest in almost total darkness.

who wins?

1. upon a KO lasting 10 minutes or more

2. until one of them is destroyed

King Kandy
Superman wins via telepathic will control:

http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345158e369e2010536c8ec8e970b-800wi

Endless Mike
That scan looks Silver Age to me....

Anyway GA Supes should take it, he is faster and stronger than Wolverine and could easily toss him over the horizon

CosmicComet
Depending on the year, there was very little difference between Golden Age Superman and Pre-Crisis in terms of levels.

psycho gundam
i think he means "jumping tall buildings" superman.

Zack Fair
Yeah I think that is what he means.

Wolverine can win some with these stipulations and this Superman.

GA Superman can be killed by Wolverine's adamantium claws. Wolverine can always get punched around like a ragdoll.

I think Wolverine wins scenario 1 because it will be kind of tough for SUpes to knock him out for 10 minutes me thinks.

2nd one is even harder for Supes because....how will he destroy Wolverine? Could Wolverine flat out destroy Supes? Would like to know what he means by "destroy."

The setting also favors Logan. I don't recall Superman having all the vision/hearing powers back then, but Im probably wrong.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah I think that is what he means.

Wolverine can win some with these stipulations and this Superman.

GA Superman can be killed by Wolverine's adamantium claws. Wolverine can always get punched around like a ragdoll.

I think Wolverine wins scenario 1 because it will be kind of tough for SUpes to knock him out for 10 minutes me thinks.

2nd one is even harder for Supes because....how will he destroy Wolverine? Could Wolverine flat out destroy Supes? Would like to know what he means by "destroy."

The setting also favors Logan. I don't recall Superman having all the vision/hearing powers back then, but Im probably wrong. ko for 10 minutes is just flying wolverine into space and wait for asphyxiation to kick in. destroy is just taking him along for a sundip and leaving him their.

cdtm
Even Action Comics 1 Superman is still faster than a speeding bullet, and more powerful than a locomotive.

Yeah, the claws could hurt him, but how's Wolverine going to catch him?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That scan looks Silver Age to me....

Anyway GA Supes should take it, he is faster and stronger than Wolverine and could easily toss him over the horizon
Superman 45, 1947. It is totally golden age. Silver age starts with barry allen's premiere in 1956.

Zack Fair
So awesome telepathic will control LOL

chomperx9
Wolverine shreds Superman's cape into pieces

namorsubby
Any Superman > Wolverine.

wildernesss
Originally posted by King Kandy
Superman wins via telepathic will control:

http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345158e369e2010536c8ec8e970b-800wi

wolverine has a measure of resistance to telepathy thanks to xavier. it doesn't matter anyway since logan's willpower is the stuff of legends AND because The Super Hypnosis "telepathic will control" to which you refer is a Silver Age power... and thus has no bearing in this fight. This is the 1938 GA superman.

also, a couple things. the GA superman i'm referring to is the one introduced in 1938. this superman was

- only strong enough to lift a support beam or car with one hand
- only fast enough to pass an express train
- could only leap 660 ft.
- heavy weaponry & even a speeding train could destroy him

This Superman also had

-Superhuman control of face muscles.
-Telescopic Vision
-Super-sensitive hearing

there is no mention of Super Hypnosis "telepathic will control" powers with the 1938 golden age superman. I hope this clears everything up.

wildernesss
Originally posted by King Kandy
Superman 45, 1947. It is totally golden age. Silver age starts with barry allen's premiere in 1956.

uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh.....correct me if i'm wrong, but the Silver/Bronze Age Superman was introducted in 1940.

as for flying wolverine into outer space or throwing him into the horizon as some posts suggested....this superman cannot fly & isn't strong enough to throw logan any significant distance. no BFR in this fight anyway.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by wildernesss
uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh.....correct me if i'm wrong, but the Silver/Bronze Age Superman was introducted in 1940.

You're wrong.

Parmaniac
-Superhuman control of face muscles. Should clearly give him the win here. One of the most awesome super powers of all time.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Martian_mind
You're wrong.

then back it up with definitive proof to the contrary; even if it is
disputable it doesn't make jack sh!t difference. this is the 1938 GA superman; this version didn't have super hypnosis.

Martian_mind
then back it up with definitive proof to the contrary; even if it is
disputable it doesn't make jack sh!t difference. this is the 1938 GA superman; this version didn't have super hypnosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Age_of_Comic_Books

It's not disputable, you're just wrong. Don't get butthurt because you made a ludicrously vague thread and somone found a loophole.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Martian_mind
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Age_of_Comic_Books

It's not disputable, you're just wrong. Don't get butthurt because you made a ludicrously vague thread and somone found a loophole.

Sorry, that's Fail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_and_abilities_of_Superman

scroll down to Golden Age superman & Silver Age/Bronze Age Superman. Note the dates.

StiltmanFTW
wolverine has a measure of resistance to telepathy thanks to xavier. it doesn't matter anyway since logan's willpower is the stuff of legends AND because The Super Hypnosis "telepathic will control" to which you refer is a Silver Age power... and thus has no bearing in this fight. This is the 1938 GA superman.

also, a couple things. the GA superman i'm referring to is the one introduced in 1938. this superman was

This Superman also had

-Telescopic Vision
-Super-sensitive hearing

there is no mention of Super Hypnosis "telepathic will control" powers with the 1938 golden age superman. I hope this clears everything up.

He has the psychic scar tissue, too. Recently he no-sold Kid Omega's tp attack, though Quire wasn't focused on him.

There's always berserker rage if everything other fails.

Lord Feron
Superhuman control of face muscles lol wtf?!

DARTH POWER
^ That was actually the best explanation for no one recognising Clark Kent as Superman!

namorsubby
Golden age Superman received numerous power upgrades well before 1956.

Comics>Bio

Any Superman>Wolverine

Dum Dum Dugan
Fixed
Originally posted by namorsubby
Golden age Superman received numerous power upgrades well before 1956.

Comics>Bio

Any Superman>Wolverine>Namor

namorsubby
Pathetic....

Dum Dum Dugan
fixed
Pathetic....how many times Namor got his ass kicked by Wolverine

namorsubby
That made absolutely no sense......which is not at all suprising.

GA superman shoves Logan's adamantium skull up his ass. The end.

Dum Dum Dugan

Zack Fair
You're forgetting the thread starter meant original Supes?

namorsubby
The title says golden age. 1938-1956 to be precise.

StiltmanFTW
The title says golden age. 1938-1956 to be precise.

Feats from 1938 only.

namorsubby
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Feats from 1938 only.

as stated only by you.

GA superman with specific GA powers. Those are the only limits placed on this match. Someone already showed us a power upgrade he received during the golden age. Hell he was flying by 41.

But like i said any superman any time>wolverine.

Silent Master

This Superman also had

-Telescopic Vision
-Super-sensitive hearing

StiltmanFTW
Thanks, Silent. I was too busy facepalming stick out tongue

namorsubby
Silly me. I just read the title along with the introduction post and foolishly assumed he wasnt being so vaguely specific.

Anywho.......Any Superman>Wolverine.

Dum Dum Dugan
Fixed it for you, your so forgetful some times
as stated only by you.

GA superman with specific GA powers. Those are the only limits placed on this match. Someone already showed us a power upgrade he received during the golden age. Hell he was flying by 41.

But like i said any superman any time>wolverine>Namor.

Silent Master
No problem.

I can't comment on the match itself as I'm not familiar with GA Superman's feats, but that post was just begging for a response.

namorsubby
You Loganites are only attempting to distract us from the fact that wolverines loses......like always.

I didnt catch the revisions(contradictions) to the original stipulations. My bad.

namorsubby>Loganites

Superman>Logan

Dum Dum Dugan
Fixed
You Loganaires (we prefer) are only attempting to distract us from the fact that wolverines loses......like always.

I didnt catch the revisions(contradictions) to the original stipulations. My bad.

Loganaires>namorsubby

Superman>Logan>Namor

Icantbelievethi

Silent Master
Originally posted by Icantbelievethi
The Wolverine wankery in this thread is strong

Not if you compare this to the Thor vs Wolverine thread.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Silent Master
Not if you compare this to the Thor vs Wolverine thread.
yes it wankery to not ignore context of fights, and only acknolwedge the parts U LIKE roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.