Mxy vs Red Skull with Cosmic Cube vs Jakeem Thunder with Johnny Thunderbolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
CIS is on.

Who wins?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Call me bias, but my namesake.

5-D imps are easily at Abstract or higher when it comes to power level and the Thunderbolts are limited to the wordings of their masters.

Un-bound Zrfffians generally won't lose to a Genie.

Endless Mike
Mxy easily

Cogito
There are very, very few characters/objects in comics that Mxy would lose to if he didn't want to.

JakeTheBank
Mxyzptlk

Galan007
^ Easily.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Cogito
There are very, very few characters/objects in comics that Mxy would lose to if he didn't want to.

This.

Remember, even though non-canon to a degree, it took the combined power of the Quintessence to even injure an alt reality version of Mxyzptlk when caught off guard. That's the combined might of Shazam, Zeus, Ganthet, Highfather and the Phantom Stranger.

Sundipped
It's gonna take more than a CC to beat Mxy. Multiple CC's can't beat Mxy.

King Kandy
A CC fragment was destroying the omniverse. So what makes you say that?

Galan007
Eh wut?

King Kandy
Iron-man/XO teamup I think...

Galan007
Was that even canon? I don't remember the events of that crossover being mentioned in the Cube's OHOTMU entry... Or in any other source(s). You know off-hand if it was?

If not, I guess it makes sense. Valiant and Marvel are completely different companies, afterall- and usually cross-company comics (Marvel vs. DC, for instance) are regarded as non-canon unless we have reason to believe they are canon.

SquallX
Originally posted by King Kandy

While Mxy destroyed everything, snap his fingers, and tell bat-Mite same time next week.

That means Mxy killed everything in the Dc verse except for the Presence.

Sundipped
Originally posted by King Kandy

I was about to ask who was in possesion of it or what not but Galan cleared it up.

As for this thread easy win for Mxy. Red Skull didn't do jack shit with it so he's a non factor.

Endless Mike
Yeah, that crossover is completely non-canon

theICONiac
What if Red Skull uses the cube to create copies of Superboy Prime and Zatanna to fight Mxy???

celeyhyga17
pshh.. dats a low blow..

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
pshh.. dats a low blow..

And stunk heavily of PIS anyways. Mxyzptlk doesn't even use magic so it makes no sense that he was depowered. It was Earth-2's Mxyztplk who used magic.

Galan007
There are not different versions of Mxy. They're all the same.

Brockalizer
There is nothing Mxy can do that a person with the Infinite Gauntlet can't also do. A Cosmic Cube is right up there with the IG. With CIS on I'd say that Red Skull has a small chance maybe even 2/10.

Galan007
Originally posted by Brockalizer
There is nothing Mxy can do that a person with the Infinite Gauntlet can't also do. A Cosmic Cube is right up there with the IG. With CIS on I'd say that Red Skull has a small chance maybe even 2/10. Feats are what matters. And where feats are concerned, Mxy trumps the IG or the CC.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Galan007
There are not different versions of Mxy. They're all the same.

Only World's Funnest puts forth that theory. Mixyezpitellik made pretty frank that he was an entirely different entity from Mxyzptlk in Brave and the Bold 11 and the Mxy shown during the Ruin Arc not only was dressed like the Earth-2 Mxyztplk, not only required saying his name backwards to return home but also was drastically effected by the havoc The Spectre caused during Day of Vengeance. The only connection that the Modern Mxyzptlk had to magic was his one appearance in Young Justice 3 where a supposedly teenage Mxyzptlk was claimed to be a user of what was called Hexnology, a blending of both science and magic, but even that feels like a cheap excuse to make Super-emoboy/wish I was a man Prime look good. There's also the fact that this particular Mxy made an appearance shortly before the re-appearance of the Earth-2 Superman in Infinite Crisis and prior to Infinite Crisis Hypertime was always a shaky, some time used subject.

So either those few, very low showings, for Mxyzptlk (all of which had him dressed in the purple pin-stripe suit and bowler) were the writer's not knowing a damn thing about the character they were writing or they were not the modern Mxyzptlk.

Edit: Regardless, Zrfffians as a whole have feats far better than the IG or any CC, as Galan said.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Only World's Funnest puts forth that theory. Negative. Bizarro Comics #1 also showed us that Mxy has access to any universe, and/or particular 'era' he wants- all he has to do is step through a door (literally) and he's there. Additionally, in one of Rucka's comics he also linked every version of Mxy as one in the same.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Negative. Bizarro Comics #1 also showed us that Mxy has access to any universe, and/or particular 'era' he wants- all he has to do is step through a door (literally) and he's there. Additionally, in one of Rucka's comics he also linked every version of Mxy as one in the same.

Got a scan for the former and let me know if you remember which comic the latter occurred in?

PM me of course, don't want to de-rail the thread.

Galan007
Will do. smile

leonidas
yeah, mxy wins. how many cosmic cubes were being collected by that woman in the IG again? and--iirc--she couldn't even use all of them to merge a couple universes. i may be forgetting some of the context (series blew so hard i think i actively TRIED to forget it) but that it how i dimly recall events. erm

Galan007
I think she had something like 30 CCUs- and iirc, Surfer STILL said the IG represented a far more powerful force. none

leonidas
I think she had something like 30 CCUs- and iirc, Surfer STILL said the IG represented a far more powerful force. none

yeah, i recall that now. that arc has forever set back cubes in my mind. the skull seemed to do some pretty cool things, but even still, nothing that could warrant him beating myx....

theICONiac
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i recall that now. that arc has forever set back cubes in my mind. the skull seemed to do some pretty cool things, but even still, nothing that could warrant him beating myx....

She broke the 4th wall and nearly barbequed our universe.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by theICONiac
She broke the 4th wall and nearly barbequed our universe.

And Mxy on several occasions has actually been to our universe and berated the staff of DC in person. wink

Galan007
^ He also, canonically, crossed over into Marvel on at least 2 occasions.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by theICONiac
She broke the 4th wall and nearly barbequed our universe. Good thing I had a day off so I could fight her and saved us all.

theICONiac
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
And Mxy on several occasions has actually been to our universe and berated the staff of DC in person. wink

What if the Goddess and SHE-HULK took on mxy??? smart

theICONiac
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Good thing I had a day off so I could fight her and saved us all.

Being German and all you were DEFINITELY one of the infidels she was looking to roast big grin

leonidas
no expression

theICONiac
no expression

shifty

AlmightyKfish
yeah, mxy wins. how many cosmic cubes were being collected by that woman in the IG again? and--iirc--she couldn't even use all of them to merge a couple universes. i may be forgetting some of the context (series blew so hard i think i actively TRIED to forget it) but that it how i dimly recall events. erm

The context was basically, cube's have the raw power to essentially do anything, but they impose restrictions on themselves to prevent certain actions- universal destruction being one, and the only way to circumvent those limits is to generate massive amounts of willpower or some such.

So basically, an unrestricted cube is roughly = to the IG, but breaking the restrictions takes a huge amount of effort (Goddess needed the willpower of almost every being in the universe to break the limits)

celestialdemon
Mxy wins

King Kandy
The CCUs power depends on their restrictions. Most of the best feats actually feature damaged or out of control CCUs, for the reason that they have no such restrictions.

guy222
mxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.