Scorpion vs Rain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Who wins?

Ridley_Prime
Based on feats, Scorpion.

Demonic Phoenix
Rain's a half-god though. We all know how stupidly powerful one of those was. Rain won't be as powerful as Taven, but he's going to be high up.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I understand that, but Rain (based on his abilities) doesn't really feel that god-like compared to Taven or even Daegon. He's basically a purple Subzero but with water powers instead of ice. >.> Don't see how that qualifies as being half-god (at least when you look at like Taven's abilities in comparison), but it is what it is I guess.

crimson_2010
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I understand that, but Rain (based on his abilities) doesn't really feel that god-like compared to Taven or even Daegon. He's basically a purple Subzero but with water powers instead of ice. >.> Don't see how that qualifies as being half-god (at least when you look at like Taven's abilities in comparison), but it is what it is I guess.

Water> Fire big grin

Demonic Phoenix
Scorpion uses Hellfire. Not the same as Fire.

He has Lightningz too. 131

Ridley_Prime
But not Scorpion's hellfire. 313

Oh, sniped. But yeah, makes sense for Rain to have some lightening too, though so does Nightwolf.

Estacado
And we all know Sub-Zero has beaten Scorpion going by MK9 story....313

Ridley_Prime
He started to gain an upper hand on Scorpion but then was captured by Lin Kuei and turned into cyborg. That's not really beating. Plus Scorpion killed the original Subzero (again).

And who important has Rain ever beaten?

SamZED
He started to gain an upper hand on Scorpion but then was captured by Lin Kuei and turned into cyborg. That's not really beating. Plus Scorpion killed the original Subzero (again).

And who important has Rain ever beaten? Pretty sure he was about to finish Scorpion off when he got catured. Also judging by "Shaolin Monks" the original sub-zero was kicking Scorpion's ass in MK 1 (which is no longer canon but still) stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
But not Scorpion's hellfire. 313

Oh, sniped. But yeah, makes sense for Rain to have some lightening too, though so does Nightwolf.

And we know how uber Nighwolf can be. 313

Originally posted by SamZED
Pretty sure he was about to finish Scorpion off when he got catured. Also judging by "Shaolin Monks" the original sub-zero was kicking Scorpion's ass in MK 1 (which is no longer canon but still) stick out tongue

Sub-Zero's beaten Scorpion in Mythologies. Bi-Han was a badass and ruthless S.O.B. Scorpion had to take him to the Netherrealm to beat him in reboot MK1.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SamZED
Pretty sure he was about to finish Scorpion off when he got catured. Also judging by "Shaolin Monks" the original sub-zero was kicking Scorpion's ass in MK 1 (which is no longer canon but still) stick out tongue
Shaolin Monks was never canon to begin with, but point made I guess.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Sub-Zero's beaten Scorpion in Mythologies. Bi-Han was a badass and ruthless S.O.B. Scorpion had to take him to the Netherrealm to beat him in reboot MK1.
He actually beat Scorpion twice in Mythologies (first time when Scorpion was still a normal human, and second time in Netherrealm's Prison of Lost Souls). Scorpion (or his Nether powers I guess) must've gotten a lot stronger in reboot MK1 to have been able to beat him during a 3rd encounter. Regardless, Bi-Han was better as Subzero than Noob Saibot since the latter would only get his ass kicked by everyone he fought, like most of the other bad guys of MK9.
Sonya should not have been able to beat Bi-Han Subzero in MK9 too, when you take into account all of his feats in Mythologies (just like how she shouldn't of been able to beat Raiden unless he was holding back), but pretty much anyone can beat anyone in that game, so meh.

masterpiece
Anyone in there right mind knows that Scorpion can kick Rain's ***. Not to mention, Sub-Zero's as well (the older and younger one).

Ridley_Prime
Agreed on Scorpion beating Rain until we see more feats from the Edenian prince, but Scorpion lost to Bi-Han Subzero twice before he finally managed to kill him, and the younger Sub has arguably given Scorpion a run for his money on a couple occasions as pointed out.

CapPlanet
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Scorpion had to take him to the Netherrealm to beat him in reboot MK1.

as you stated yourself this was the reboot, no one said it was the same way in the original storyline, besides there is a proof that scorpion killed the elder sub zero without taking him to the Netherrealm since it was stated that raiden himself witnessed there fight and he saw scorpion killing sub zero during MK1 so that means they didnt fight in the Netherrealm

other than that i can say that any version of sub zero was always portrayed as better than scorpion, the elder sub zero defeated him twice, i know many people say that the first time doesnt count since scorpion was human but i say that it doesnt matter because he had the same skills he has now, the only difference is that the spawn scorpion got powers like controlling fire and he is undead but the skills remain the same, second time he got defeated by elder sub zero as the undead scorpion and only for the third time he manage to kill sub zero

if you ask me i think this should tell you all, scorpion had to become undead and unkilled in order to be able to fight a human mortal sub zero

the younger sub zero got defeated by scorpion in mortal kombat 4, how ever in the remake he defeated scorpion and as you can see in the armageddon intro younger sub zero again defeats scorpion , in the remake intro you see scorpion dead with an ice sword impaling him which tells you younger sub zero killed him

in all the malibu comics sub zero always owned scorpion with easy

in the media in mortal kombat annihilation sub zero was clearly doing better and inflicted twice the hits on scorpion

in conquest there first encouter sub zero dominated scorpion and only in there second fight they were portrayed as evenly matched

in shaolin monks intro again sub zero defeats scorpion

even in mortal kombat vs dc sub zero gets the better of scorpion

i think we get the picture if time after time where ever we look we see sub zero defeating scorpion

CapPlanet
Shaolin Monks was never canon to begin with, but point made I guess.

He actually beat Scorpion twice in Mythologies (first time when Scorpion was still a normal human, and second time in Netherrealm's Prison of Lost Souls). Scorpion (or his Nether powers I guess) must've gotten a lot stronger in reboot MK1 to have been able to beat him during a 3rd encounter. Regardless, Bi-Han was better as Subzero than Noob Saibot since the latter would only get his ass kicked by everyone he fought, like most of the other bad guys of MK9.
Sonya should not have been able to beat Bi-Han Subzero in MK9 too, when you take into account all of his feats in Mythologies (just like how she shouldn't of been able to beat Raiden unless he was holding back), but pretty much anyone can beat anyone in that game, so meh.

i always kept a truck on the winning lose fights of the mortal kombat fighters, sometimes they didnt make too much sense but it was kinda understandable i guess, but when the recent mortal kombat game came out i could just take it all and throw it out of the window, everybody defeating goro? everybody defeating noob saibot? and raiden losing to sonya??????? ermac getting punked by everybody....and yes reptile getting owned by anyone anytime.

also what i didnt like is the fact in deadly alliance scorpion got defeated by drahmin and moloch but when cyrax fought themhe was able to defeat the both of them.

what can i say dont even try to figure out who can beat who because with the way things are portrayed its useless, just choose a character you like and play with it thats all

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by CapPlanet
i always kept a truck on the winning lose fights of the mortal kombat fighters, sometimes they didnt make too much sense but it was kinda understandable i guess, but when the recent mortal kombat game came out i could just take it all and throw it out of the window, everybody defeating goro? everybody defeating noob saibot? and raiden losing to sonya??????? ermac getting punked by everybody....and yes reptile getting owned by anyone anytime.

also what i didnt like is the fact in deadly alliance scorpion got defeated by drahmin and moloch but when cyrax fought themhe was able to defeat the both of them.

what can i say dont even try to figure out who can beat who because with the way things are portrayed its useless, just choose a character you like and play with it thats all
Guess I'll agree on the other stuff, but about the Raiden and Sonya thing, I was under the impression that he went easy on her when she fought him, or that he didn't want to harm/kill her, so he let her appear to win (he wasn't part of the tournament anyway like she was, so I guess he didn't want her to get possibly disqualified by defeating her).

Sin_Volvagia
I'd say Rain could just trap Scorpion in a bubble and crush him to dust with extreme water pressure but I don't know if fatalities count as valid feats so.....

Ridley_Prime
Some fatalities do, like Tsung's soul steal or Scorpion's toasty since they've been used in canon at least once before, but currently Rain's pretty much featless as far as canon goes, so his fatality wouldn't count in this case, I believe.

red sabre

And who important has Rain ever beaten?

dude.... younger sub zero had scorpion down and before finishing him he was captured, if thats not a win i dont know whats a win in your eyes

and what are scorpion wins? he got killed by elder sub zero

came back as undead ninja just to get his ass kicked again

finally beats elder sub zero by taking him to his real where scorpion is more powerful actually so thats kind of cheap win

get destroyed by younger sub zero

gets owned by the 2 onis drahmin and moloch

gets owned by quan chi once they get out of neatherealm

got killed by younger sub zero in mortal kombat 9 intro

who did scorpion ever beat aside of quanchi while quanchi was greatly depowered? Lol

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by red sabre
dude.... younger sub zero had scorpion down and before finishing him he was captured, if thats not a win i dont know whats a win in your eyes

and what are scorpion wins? he got killed by elder sub zero

came back as undead ninja just to get his ass kicked again

finally beats elder sub zero by taking him to his real where scorpion is more powerful actually so thats kind of cheap win

get destroyed by younger sub zero

gets owned by the 2 onis drahmin and moloch

gets owned by quan chi once they get out of neatherealm

got killed by younger sub zero in mortal kombat 9 intro

who did scorpion ever beat aside of quanchi while quanchi was greatly depowered? Lol
Fine, the younger Subzero won that fight in the colosseum. I thought I ended up agreeing to that before though when last we talked in the MK9 thread. The posts in this thread were much older.

I guess it was a cheap win when you put it that way, though the elder Sub had beaten Scorpion in his own realm before during their 2nd fight when he was on his way to try and retrieve the amulet from Shinnok in the Netherrealm, so I don't know what his excuse was to lose against Scorpion there during the MK1 tournament.

Aside from elder Subzero in MK1, he beat the younger one in MK4, killed Noob Saibot during the battle of Armageddon/MK9 intro, and defeated Kung Lao, Nightwolf, then Sektor and Cyrax at the same time in the reboot MK1 tournament. While it's probably not much compared to his losses, still a lot more than what can be said for Rain... who is still featless to this day and has lost literally every canon fight he's been in.

red sabre
I guess it was a cheap win when you put it that way, though the elder Sub had beaten Scorpion in his own realm before during their 2nd fight when he was on his way to try and retrieve the amulet from Shinnok in the Netherrealm, so I don't know what his excuse was to lose against Scorpion there during the MK1 tournament.

Aside from elder Subzero in MK1, he beat the younger one in MK4, killed Noob Saibot during the battle of Armageddon/MK9 intro, and defeated Kung Lao, Nightwolf, then Sektor and Cyrax at the same time in the reboot MK1 tournament. While it's probably not much compared to his losses, still a lot more than what can be said for Rain... who is still featless to this day and has lost literally every canon fight he's been in.

thats actually a point i never thought about, he did actually beat scorpion in his own realm where scorpion power is MAX, i guess when finally taking sub zero to his real the second time he was able to finally overpower him however its still a fact scorpion is stronger in his own realm, we see scorpion teleport the both of them into his realm which means he knew he cant defeat him in a fair fight i guess.

yeah he did beat the younger sub zero in mortal kombat 4 when he was a novice, however later on during armageddon he beat and kill scorpion, and even as a novice at mortal kombat 1 reboot he defeated scorpion with the right stimulation, i guess in mortal kombat 4 he didnt really cared to fight scorpion while scorpion was enraged at him because he thought its the same sub zero who killed his family, however in the reboot when the younger did want to fight he defeated scorpion

also i would like to state that defeating the human sektor and cyrax doesnt mean much because we know they were weaker than their cyborg form so i dont know about that, he was defeated by moloch and drahmin while cyrax was able to beat the both of them together, and i really really hope that Mortal Kombat vs DC isnt canon because if the fight are canon then i can only facepalm scorpion

juggerman
I would assume that the Netherrealm Sub Zero was much weaker than he was in Earthrealm. Maybe it was the heat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.