Someone had to do it: Dr. Doom vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shokosugi
1) 1 minute prep.
2) 1 hour prep.
3) 1 day prep.

psycho gundam
superman loses

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by psycho gundam
superman loses

cosignature thumb up

Starscream M
superman loses laughing out loud cosigned.

Cogito
Nobody had to do it.

1. Thanos stomps
2. Thanos stomps
3. Thanos stomps

shokosugi
Originally posted by Cogito
Nobody had to do it.

1. Thanos stomps
2. Thanos stomps
3. Thanos stomps

are you nuts???

SamZED
Originally posted by shokosugi
1) 1 minute prep.
2) 1 hour prep.
3) 1 day prep. Pretty sure someone already has like 3 times and it was spite every time.

shokosugi
so you're saying Dr. Doom has no chance against Thanos????

Cogito
so you're saying Dr. Doom has no chance against Thanos????

None.

Not unless Doom has a lot more time to prep and Thanos spends that time picking his nose.

Bouboumaster
With equals prep, Thanos rollerstomp Doom

King Kandy
Thanos wins handily.

rotiart
superman loses

Clark gets Rick rolled.

BattleMage
Here we go again.. again.

vansonbee
None.

Not unless Doom has a lot more time to prep and Thanos spends that time picking his nose. Ya, I can see Thanos picking his nose is a part of his preparation to beat Doom.

* Fling booger at Doom instruments and win *

shokosugi
i think anything Thanos can do Doom can do better.

OneDumbG0
Shouldn't take more than a minute for Doom to equip himself with his anti-matter gun. Thing nearly obliterated Mephisto but for Mephisto's "my-realm-my-laws" power.

It should take out Thanos. At least for the win anyway. So Doom wins all 3.

King Kandy
current thanos would just regenerate.

Cogito
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Shouldn't take more than a minute for Doom to equip himself with his anti-matter gun. Thing nearly obliterated Mephisto but for Mephisto's "my-realm-my-laws" power.

facepalm2

Ok, so by that logic, who is the weakest being that can beat Doom with 1 minute of prep?

Uriel005
Originally posted by King Kandy
current thanos would just regenerate. his regen is that fast now?

shokosugi
Doom has access to magic. can't Doom go back in time when Thanos was still a baby and murder him???

Cogito
Originally posted by Uriel005
his regen is that fast now?

In Thanos Imperative he regenerated nearly instantly.

Mindset
Then Doom shoots him, steals his powers, then shoots him again.

zeel
are you nuts???

no he isnt. Doom is in thanos's intelligence range i guess but his powerset is not on par with thanos. thanos stomps all over his ass.

OneDumbG0
facepalm2

Ok, so by that logic, who is the weakest being that can beat Doom with 1 minute of prep? Anybody who has exhibited resistance to the myriad of weapons/spells Doom has invented/casted on-panel.

People can manipulate anti-matter. Thanos happened to be destroyed by it. /shrug

King Kandy
What is the anti-matter going to do to an immortal?

Galan007
^ Incapacitate him long enough to constitute a forum win?

King Kandy
Can't really see it doing that either. Since he has nigh-instantaneous regeneration as of TI.

Galan007
An anti-matter manipulator would likely be able to manifest more than one anti-matter attack. That said, when Thanos regenerates from the previous attack, all they'd have to do is administer another round of anti-matter.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. (Patterns are fun.)

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up Originally posted by King Kandy
What is the anti-matter going to do to an immortal? Disintegrate him long enough to constitute a k.o. as it's been proven to do on-panel? Immortality =/= adaptability last I saw. The Guardians were losin their sh1t for a time while Thanos's bones laid smoldering after all. How is that not a k.o.? How is that not a win when the thread does not stipulate permanent death as the only route to victory?

Cogito
Thanos could also kill Doom

chomperx9
1) 1 minute prep.
2) 1 hour prep.
3) 1 day prep.

1. doom gets recycled, only fanboys would say someone wins with 1 min prep
2. doom
3. doom

chomperx9
i think anything Thanos can do Doom can do better. except fart

Mindset
Originally posted by chomperx9
1. doom gets recycled, only fanboys would say someone wins with 1 min prep
2. doom
3. doom The prep would be to just get a weapon he doesn't have on his suit.

shokosugi
Doom can time travel and has access to magic.

chomperx9
Doom can time travel and has access to magic. then doom goes back in time and has a little confrontation with stan lee before creating Thanos.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by chomperx9
except fart Originally posted by chomperx9
then doom goes back in time and has a little confrontation with stan lee before creating Thanos. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/no-country-air-gun.gif

Aakla
I have to go with Doom. Thanos does work on a more cosmic scale then Doom, but Doom pulls off more epic wins.

I see Thanos beating a Doombot then the real one shows up and owns Thanos.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Galan007
An anti-matter manipulator would likely be able to manifest more than one anti-matter attack. That said, when Thanos regenerates from the previous attack, all they'd have to do is administer another round of anti-matter.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. (Patterns are fun.)

And of course Thanos being the dunce he is (because we all know he never fights smart), will just sit there and let Doom "Wash. Rinse. Repeat" right?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Aakla
I have to go with Doom. Thanos does work on a more cosmic scale then Doom, but Doom pulls off more epic wins.

I see Thanos beating a Doombot then the real one shows up and owns Thanos.

Only for Doom to discover it was just a lesser clone of Thanos and the real Thanos shows up to own Doom.

Only for Thanos to discover he's beaten a Doombot and the real one shows up to own Thanos.

Only for Doom to discover it was just a lesser clone....

Oh the Fighting a Shadow shenanigans. Happy Dance

nimbus006
Are we being dense for comedic effect, or are people really arguing that Doom beats Thanos, in any scenario? Because, I can't quite tell.

Thanos is superior in every aspect, period.

Mindset
Except he isn't.

rotiart
Originally posted by nimbus006
Are we being dense for comedic effect, or are people really arguing that Doom beats Thanos, in any scenario? Because, I can't quite tell.

Thanos is superior in every aspect, period.

Pretty sure thanos himself has stated that Doom is one of the few people inthe whole universe thanos keeps tabs on...
Tells you what he thinks of doom..

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Funny enough.. that only worked against a severely weakened Thanos and used by a person who Marvel says in interviews.. that gives of an aura when he gets close to Thanos.. that gives drax the ability to deal death blows. None of those things would be the case in this fight. Thanos and very easily..

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Incapacitate him long enough to constitute a forum win?

See my response to ODG.. The things that allowed Drax to do that to thanos.. aren't applicable in this case.

nimbus006
Originally posted by rotiart
Pretty sure thanos himself has stated that Doom is one of the few people inthe whole universe thanos keeps tabs on...
Tells you what he thinks of doom..

That's great, but all it says is Thanos considers Doom dangerous, not that he's superior to him, which he's not.

Doom is a bad ass, but not anywhere near the level of Thanos.

Mindset
That's great, but all it says is Thanos considers Doom dangerous, not that he's superior to him, which he's not.

Doom is a bad ass, but not anywhere near the level of Thanos. Feats suggest otherwise.

Thanos wouldn't consider Doom dangerous if Doom wasn't anywhere near his level, that's retarded.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mindset
Except he isn't.

Then, I have nothing more to say to you. stick out tongue

Mindset
nimbus, I know you well enough to know when you secretly agree with me.

nimbus006
Feats suggest otherwise.

Thanos wouldn't consider Doom dangerous if Doom wasn't anywhere near his level, that's retarded.

I'm not just referring to intelligence, but overall power output which is more pertinent to the first two thread scenarios. Thanos is far more powerful, stronger, faster, more durable and is equally, if not more intelligent than Doom.

Now, one day of prep equalizes things more, but I still believe Thanos would beat him.

In regards to feats, taking over the Universe twice isn't enough?

Doom may have more feats because he has more appearances, but Thanos feats are as high end as it gets. I really can't believe we're even arguing this.

nimbus006
nimbus, I know you well enough to know when you secretly agree with me.

shifty

No, on this topic, I will not budge.

celestialdemon
Thanos wins all three. Doom isn't powerful enough to physically win and prep would only help if it were one sided, since Thanos is just as good with it.

shokosugi
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thanos wins all three. Doom isn't powerful enough to physically win and prep would only help if it were one sided, since Thanos is just as good with it.

Dr. Doom can do everything Thanos can plus MORE (Magic, time travel, etc.)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Doom can in no way shape or form "do more than thanos" Thanos is far more versatile than doom and it's not even close. Thanos knows magic by the way as well, so that isn't some crazy advantage Doom has. Maybe Dooms is better but it certainly wouldn't be a difference maker. BTW thanos can also time travel so again that is no advantage for Doom. Thanos has TP, TK, Total control of his molecular structure, transmutation abilities, stronger, faster, superior tech, able to amp his punches and stats. The fact that you think Doom is more versatile tells me you know nothing about the characters in question.

Mindset
I'm not just referring to intelligence, but overall power output which is more pertinent to the first two thread scenarios. Thanos is far more powerful, stronger, faster, more durable and is equally, if not more intelligent than Doom.

Now, one day of prep equalizes things more, but I still believe Thanos would beat him.

In regards to feats, taking over the Universe twice isn't enough?

Doom may have more feats because he has more appearances, but Thanos feats are as high end as it gets. I really can't believe we're even arguing this. That power wont matter with Doom's antimatter weapon.

Doom has taken over the universe before iirc.

shokosugi
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Doom can in no way shape or form "do more than thanos" Thanos is far more versatile than doom and it's not even close. Thanos knows magic by the way as well, so that isn't some crazy advantage Doom has. Maybe Dooms is better but it certainly wouldn't be a difference maker. BTW thanos can also time travel so again that is no advantage for Doom. Thanos has TP, TK, Total control of his molecular structure, transmutation abilities, stronger, faster, superior tech, able to amp his punches and stats. The fact that you think Doom is more versatile tells me you know nothing about the characters in question.

WRONG! Dr. Doom can summon Mephisto and a bunch of other demons to fight Thanos. Thanos can't time travel without a cosmic cube or the Gems. Dr. Doom goes back in time and pours boiling water in baby Thanos's face!!

Mindset
WRONG! Dr. Doom can summon Mephisto and a bunch of other demons to fight Thanos. Thanos can't time travel without a cosmic cube or the Gems. Dr. Doom goes back in time and pours boiling water in baby Thanos's face!! laughing out loud

rotiart
Dr. Doom goes back in time and pours boiling water in baby Thanos's face!!

Oh gawd...

Of course doom gets there's... Sees the incredibly ugly baby and decides maybe someone already did it first.. And leaves...

shokosugi
laughing out loud

you like that huh fatty? big grin

Mindset
you like that huh fatty? big grin Almost as much as I like your mom sucking my fatty.

Naija boy
Thanos wins all three.

Mindset
Fanboy.

shokosugi
Almost as much as I like your mom sucking my fatty.

you mad i called you a fatty? laughing

quanchi112
Thanos without any effort at all.

Mindset
you mad i called you a fatty? laughing Almost as mad as I get when your mom isn't sucking my fatty.

shokosugi
Almost as mad as I get when your mom isn't sucking my fatty.

you mad bro? you mad? laughing

Bouboumaster
Read Marvel: The End, to discover the baddest mother****er of these two.

Spoiler: Thanos tromps Doom like a child.

BullwinkleMoose
Thanos wins unless Doom uses his Prep to get help.

Since he let Squirrel Girl use his Time Machine, Doom should use his Prep time to convince her to help him

KuRuPT Thanosi
That power wont matter with Doom's antimatter weapon.

Doom has taken over the universe before iirc.

Too bad the thanos that this worked on was weakened.. and the person using it was stated by marvels Chief to have an aura around him that makes thanos vulnerable to be killed. Thanos won't be weakened here and Doom gives off no such aura from his DNA. What does this mean.. game over.. Thanos wins with ease.

Mindset
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Too bad the thanos that this worked on was weakened.. and the person using it was stated by marvels Chief to have an aura around him that makes thanos vulnerable to be killed. Thanos won't be weakened here and Doom gives off no such aura from his DNA. What does this mean.. game over.. Thanos wins with ease. His aura was antimatter.

Doom wins.

Mindset
you mad bro? you mad? laughing Super mad, tell that whore to wrap those crusty lips around my fatty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.