The Amazing Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, and sorry if this isn't in the right forum (but in my opinion there are WAY too many damn forums here anyway). It's a teaser for the new Spidey. Actually looks pretty good (looks like it might be a bit of a darker take)...

http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2011/07/first-look-the-teaser-trailer-for-the-amazing-spider-man-has-leaked-to-the-internets/

jinXed by JaNx
Looks kind of boring. There is absolutely no reason why we should have to sit another origin story for Spiderman.

steverules_2
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Looks kind of boring. There is absolutely no reason why we should have to sit another origin story for Spiderman.

Tell that to marvel

General_Iroh
Yeah, I'm not sure if it was a solid source, but I read that the Lizard would be the villain in this. If that's the case, and they make a decent looking Lizard I'll probably go see this, but if not then they can count me out. I don't look forward to seeing Peter go through the process of becoming spider-man again.

BruceSkywalker

excellent post..

Patient_Leech
I couldn't agree more that we shouldn't have to sit through another Spiderman origin. I think the reboots are getting out of hand. Batman, Spidey, X-Men, Planet of the Apes, etc... it just screams WE HAVE NO MORE IDEAS, HERE'S THE SAME CRAP..

That being said, I did think the POV shots of Spidey were a nice touch in the teaser.

Bloinky
I don't think you understand that this is an entirely different Spider-Man than the trilogy. It takes place in a different Spider-Man universe/dimension.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Tell that to marvel

More like Sony.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Bloinky
It takes place in a different Spider-Man universe/dimension.

Whoa.. you just blew my mind. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Trailer did'nt do much for me, i'll wait for another one to appear

i want to see what the lizard is gonna look like.

the ninjak
That first person crap made me wanna play a Spidey game like Silent Edge.

Actually this trailer COMPLETELY RIPPED IT OFF especially with the reflection in the glass bit and the running and sliding through poles and stuff.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/mirrors-edge-faith-reflection-thumb.jpg

F U SONY! GIVE SPIDEY BACK TO MARVEL BEFORE YOU BASTARDS DRAIN HIM DRY LIKE THE BROKE ASS VAMPIRES YOU ARE!

steverules_2
Think the flipping cars was Lizards doing

Originally posted by Kazenji
More like Sony.

ha-son

Esau Cairn
Yeah the POV with the camera & just seeing arms & legs & a hint of shadow just screams cheap cop-out!

And then to finally see his entire reflection on the side of the building...WOW full reveal...it's Spiderman!!
...who knew?

Also why the need to go deeper into Parker's past & bring his parents into the storyline?

Is The Lizard, Peter's father?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Mr. Rhythmic
I saw nothing beyond a remake of the first film, but this time more un-relatable, uglier designs, and worse special effects.

dadudemon
Originally posted by the ninjak

Actually this trailer COMPLETELY RIPPED IT OFF especially with the reflection in the glass bit and the running and sliding through poles and stuff.
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae259/the_ninjak/mirrors-edge-faith-reflection-thumb.jpg

F U SONY! GIVE SPIDEY BACK TO MARVEL BEFORE YOU BASTARDS DRAIN HIM DRY LIKE THE BROKE ASS VAMPIRES YOU ARE!

In all fairness, Mirror's Edge creaters completely ripped off of Marvel when doing that.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Is The Lizard, Peter's father?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

No, the lizard is a good friend of Peter's and a scientific colaborator.

He is Dr. Curt Connors. We saw the good doctor in the other Spiderman movie series (I believe we got to see him in 2.)

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by dadudemon

No, the lizard is a good friend of Peter's and a scientific colaborator.

He is Dr. Curt Connors. We saw the good doctor in the other Spiderman movie series (I believe we got to see him in 2.)

My Jedi powers of sarcasm is lost upon you, my friend.

BruceSkywalker
at this point in time, it's doubtful this film will make me forget spiderman 3

jinXed by JaNx
I like the idea that it looks as though he actually has web shooters on his wrists other than being purely organic webbing. Lastly, i think the casting for Parker just looks better than Tobey Maguire. I'm still disappointed that it looks to be another full on origin story though.

Kazenji

Yeah well obvisouly you have'nt relized scarcasm does'nt translate very well over the net.

Esau Cairn
Yeah well obvisouly you have'nt relized scarcasm does'nt translate very well over the net.

Nor does spelling mistakes.

the ninjak
In all fairness, Mirror's Edge creators completely ripped off of Marvel when doing that.

Did you play Mirrors Edge? I found it to be very original. Which character were you focusing on? Daredevil sticks to roofs. Spidey had webs and was never seen running rooftops and sliding under metal strutures and stuff he just jumped and webzipped anywhere he wanted to be, it's just faster.

Kazenji
Nor does spelling mistakes.

^ totally missing the point

dadudemon
Did you play Mirrors Edge? I found it to be very original.

I am not referring to anything except the reflection photo presented. Rather, I'm referring to that "reflection" style, not the exact photo itself.

dadudemon

I definitely saw it as a joke...but I had no idea this:

"I know who Curt Connors is and I know he's not Peter Parker's father. So I will say something but not mean it about Curt Connors."

Esau Cairn
^ totally missing the point

Where did you learn grammar?

Summer Bay?

Kazenji
Where did you learn grammar?

Summer Bay?

Good to Grammer is the whole point of this thread and not talking about Spider-Man.

Stall_19
Attended the Spider-Man panel at comic-con. It's biggest accomplishment was that it sold me on Andrew Garfield. You could see the nervous excitement in him. The showed the trailer you can see before the Captain America movie but also they showed another trailer but this one isn't quite ready for prime time yet as they haven't removed the wirework yet. That trailer I thought was much better than the one that's been released.

Also we got a special look at the Lizard. A little different than from the comics but i like it.

RollerCoaster
Comic-Con was a success definitely!

the ninjak

In all fairness, Mirror's Edge creaters completely ripped off of Marvel when doing that.
WjAFBQYxVMk
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA!

Esau Cairn
Sony doth take us for fools!

Patient_Leech
Damn, that's pretty shameless..

steverules_2
Oh dear

dadudemon
WjAFBQYxVMk
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA!

So all I have to do is find spiderman footage/stuff that looks similar to the first person take on things and then I win, right?

the ninjak
So all I have to do is find spiderman footage/stuff that looks similar to the first person take on things and then I win, right?

Nothings beating that whammy bro. stick out tongue
In all seriousness I would love to play a first person Spidey game. Exhilarating.

Mr Parker
I like the idea that it looks as though he actually has web shooters on his wrists other than being purely organic webbing. Lastly, i think the casting for Parker just looks better than Tobey Maguire. I'm still disappointed that it looks to be another full on origin story though.

not me.they got to get it right after raping to death the origin story in those god awful raimi films.I hope this film does justice to spidey and does to the spiderman films what Batman Begins did for the Batman films erasing the horrible memorys of the Burton/Scumacher debacle.They are giving him the shooters and including Gwen Stacy like they should have before,so far they look like they are pushing the right buttons.

dadudemon
Nothings beating that whammy bro. stick out tongue
In all seriousness I would love to play a first person Spidey game. Exhilarating.

My point is, that type of "view" was done already in the first Toby Spiderman.

It has similar sequences. None where he's running on the roof, though...just web-slinging and reflection stuff.

So all I have to do is find another where someone runs very fast through some stuff in a FPS view, and then we can say it's original.

S_D_J
Not so sold on this one.

I'm not much of fan of Spidey, but I don't like the "Peter's Parents mistery" the trailer seems to hint at, I hope they don't go overboard with that.

Didn't like the Mirror's Edge rip off either, not because of originality, but because the CG is not particularly good erm

Esau Cairn

It has similar sequences. None where he's running on the roof, though...just web-slinging and reflection stuff.

So all I have to do is find another where someone runs very fast through some stuff in a FPS view, and then we can say it's original.

It's pretty blatantly clear that sequence has been ripped off from Mirror's edge.

The POV idea of running on roof tops, swinging between buildings & catching your own reflection may not be original but it's pretty clear with the timing & sequence that the Spidey footage is a unimaginative rip-off.

jinXed by JaNx
Who gives a shit....really?

Kazenji
Yeah, can we get back to talking about the movie.

the ninjak

Yeah it's nothing personal daduman. It was just an observation.

Andrew was very cool at comicon.

Mr Parker
Who gives a shit....really?

exactly,just as long as its loyal to the comicbook-something the first three films were not,is the important thing.Like I said,they gave him the shooters,Gwen is in it like she should have been,so far at the moment I like what I am seeing except for the black lens.Now that sucks.Reminds me of that live action tv show.

dadudemon
It's pretty blatantly clear that sequence has been ripped off from Mirror's edge.

There are several edits, though. It looks like a "mish-mash" and not a straight sequence.

The POV idea of running on roof tops, swinging between buildings & catching your own reflection may not be original but it's pretty clear with the timing & sequence that the Spidey footage is a unimaginative rip-off.

I think it's okay to take inspiration from something for something. I wasn't bothered by it.

Esau Cairn
More to the point, I just find it hard to believe Sony is rehashing an Origins story rather than go forward with the further adventures of Spidey.

Patient_Leech
Honestly, I was pretty bored with Spiderman movies after the first film, when they put that big, goofy, metallic mask over Willem Dafoe's face. That was a crime against film-lovers. However, Alfred Molina was good in the second film. I never bothered to see the third. I got the short version. It looked effing horrible.

ares834
Andrew may have been cool at comic-con but he just doesn't look the part (Parker not Spiderman). He just dosen't look like a nerd. At all.

More to the point, I just find it hard to believe Sony is rehashing an Origins story rather than go forward with the further adventures of Spidey.

Agreed.

dadudemon

Yeah...pretty much this.

Ridley_Prime
-tnxzJ0SSOw

Patient_Leech
Hm.. I'm not impressed really. Looks like a bunch of CGI bullshit. I don't like Denis Leary very much, however I do like Emma Stone. She's really cool. But I'll still probably pass. And who is the villain? Is that Lizard I'm assuming? That could be cool, but there's only one problem: it's not Willem Dafoe. erm

I also don't like the new costume as much. I prefer Raimi's...

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2007_Spider-Man_3/2007_spider_man_3_0012.jpg

Why does it have these weird stripes on it?

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Amazing-Spiderman-Set-Pics-Andrew-Garfield-Costume.jpg

Barker
I can't take either lead seriously ermmnone

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Barker

Do you mean Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone or Andrew Garfield and Toby McGuire?

Robtard
Originally posted by Barker

It's about a kid with super spider powers, I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously.

Patient_Leech
This concept art for the Lizard looks terrible: click

marwash22
that looks awful. it's really just the head/face, but that's kinda the most important part.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by marwash22
that looks awful. it's really just the head/face, but that's kinda the most important part. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/23309/2191696-phzon7igkhdwcg_1_m.jpg
That link leads to a picture taken at the previews apparently. If thats true, that concept art is just the first stage of the Lizards mutation.

I thought the trailer looked amazing, but I also don't like the face on the Lizard. I miss the snout.

Esau Cairn
The costume really needs the webbing detail to be heightened with black outlines.

The red against the blue is too garish without it.

Masterbammer
I kinda hate the spider logo

Patient_Leech
I posted this one earlier for comparison, but it disappeared, so I'll attach it. It looks much better in my opinion, because of the webbing without the stupid lines all over the place. Also the eyes look a lot better...

steverules_2
I prefer the white box with the red x in it

rudester
Idk leech. Toby did a good job, however I don't believe he was right for the role, and this new guy looks like a pop singer for young 13 year old girl. I don't think bring it back will do much good but I wouldn't mind seeing it too compare.

the ninjak
Saw 8 mins of the film today. Spidey is pretty cocky when dealing with thugs. But what really grabbed my attention is the web shooter.
It's a weird device that looks like it's creating some kind of frequency rather than just shooting out stuff. In one shot he activates it and a it just bunches up and creates a bush made of carbon lines and links. He then proceeds to focus it into a straight blast.

He also shows large web constructs. We never saw Spidey use his large web blasts in combat in the previous films. But in this I see him using webs more creatively. Todd McFarlane style hopefully.

Kazenji
The lizard looks okay for the film when he's in action

and yeah he does look like how Steve Ditko drew him.

Patient_Leech
I've reversed my opinion on this movie. I think it's a mediocre attempt to cash in on the massive financial success of Raimi's films. Kids will likely tug on their parent's breeches once again until they get to see it.

Kazenji
Yeah and this is'nt Spider-Man 4, its Spider-Man 1 again i guess you missed out on that news a while back.

jinXed by JaNx
still not down with another origins story but this looks a hell of a lot better than Spiderman 3. I'm anxious to see how this turns out.

the ninjak
I have no problem with a reimagining. Especially if it's better.

Placidity
I really think the previous spidey suit look was much better. New one just looks weird...

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Placidity
I really think the previous spidey suit look was much better. New one just looks weird...

It does look weird...and cheap.

But then again, where or how would Peter Parker get his costume from?

If there's a sequence in the movie where he makes it himself, then I suppose the quality of the costume will be accepted.

the ninjak
Exactly. The suit in the Raimi films although very animated and spot-on isn't very realistic to Parker's sewing skills.

This new one is edgy. After all it's supposed to represent the early days of his campaign against crime. In the comics later he has someone make suits for him.

Placidity

steverules_2
At the end of the day it can't be as bad as the Japanese version of spider-man can it....can it?

Patient_Leech
Neither one of the costumes looks like it could be made very easily by hand. In the first Spiderman didn't he make an extremely crappy handmade costume when he went to the wrestling match?

darthmaul1
The movie looks good, but I will reserve judgement till I see it. The costume looks fine. It seems like they have followed batman and gone darker. Which is good. Frankly I didn't like the previous 3 movies. Peter was too whinney and MJ was ugly and annoying! In the 2nd one him loosing his powers was just stupid!

Barker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Do you mean Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone or Andrew Garfield and Toby McGuire?
The first two. I just have them typecast in my mind.
Originally posted by Robtard
It's about a kid with super spider powers, I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously.
srug Not what I meant.

rudester
Originally posted by darthmaul1
The movie looks good, but I will reserve judgement till I see it. The costume looks fine. It seems like they have followed batman and gone darker. Which is good. Frankly I didn't like the previous 3 movies. Peter was too whinney and MJ was ugly and annoying! In the 2nd one him loosing his powers was just stupid!

Omg I thought the same thing too. Its like u read my mind, mj was whinney..

Kazenji
it seems like they have followed batman and gone darker. Which is good.

Spidey is'nt ment to be dark like Batman, Unless of course he's pissed off about something big time and then starts wearing his black suit.

jinXed by JaNx
costume looks fine but the eyes do look horrible

Patient_Leech
I watched some of Spider-man 2 the other day and hot damn, it was excellent! I had forgotten how damn good it was. Raimi was the perfect director for it. It was funny and charming. There's no way this will be that good.. since they already f!cked up the spidey suit.

Boo.. down with this movie.. thumb down

However, Raimi did goof rather badly puting that terrible metallic mask over Dafoe's beautiful face in the first film, and I hated the casting for Eddie Brock in #3, but I have yet to see the third one all the way through, so perhaps I should reserve judgment.

steverules_2
Did you watch the 2.1 version cause that version is sooooooo awesome

the ninjak
Spiderman was always dark!

A desperate teen dealing with the shame of his uncle's death. Given the power to make a difference but the simple payoff of easy opportunity inevitable always swaying his favor. Making the extreme sacrifice to make sure right is always done.

I see it happening here.

I watched some of Spider-man 2 the other day and hot damn, it was excellent! I had forgotten how damn good it was. Raimi was the perfect director for it. It was funny and charming. There's no way this will be that good.. since they already f!cked up the spidey suit.

Boo.. down with this movie.. thumb down

However, Raimi did goof rather badly puting that terrible metallic mask over Dafoe's beautiful face in the first film, and I hated the casting for Eddie Brock in #3, but I have yet to see the third one all the way through, so perhaps I should reserve judgment.

Raimi did what he wanted in the first two films. And they were great. Metallic Goblin although tacky was a the same beast as represented in the comics. I refuse to except Spiderman 2 as a failure. It was a fun, carefree movie. And totally in character of Spiderman. A few scenes were rushed and absurd, but Spidey 2 was a beautiful portrayal of Spiderman.

Spidey 3 was a failure. Raimi even turned up to my cinema to greet patrons and ran off ashamed! It was a weird experience but it happened. He knew Spidey 3 was a failure. And simply moved on. As he should.

Patient_Leech
I didn't say Spidey 2 was a failure. I said it's awesome.. the first 45 minutes that I saw, at least. But what i've seen of Spidey 3, yeah, not sure what they were thinking there.. i'll watch the whole thing sometime soon, though, and see exactly how it is.

Did you watch the 2.1 version cause that version is sooooooo awesome

Please do tell. I am not familiar with this 2.1 version. Is it a directors cut of some sort?

RE: Blaxican
Basically, yeah. A director's cut.

the ninjak
I didn't say Spidey 2 was a failure. I said it's awesome.. the first 45 minutes that I saw, at least. But what i've seen of Spidey 3, yeah, not sure what they were thinking there.. i'll watch the whole thing sometime soon, though, and see exactly how it is.

Please do tell. I am not familiar with this 2.1 version. Is it a directors cut of some sort?

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just stating how much Spidey 2 was an awesome film.

Only an insane person would think Spidey 2 was junk.

Spidey 3 regardless of Directors Cut is futile.

wakkawakkawakka
I think I'll give this a chance. Not sure how it'll measure up to Spider-Man 2 but they gave him his webshooters back.

Spider Man 3 did suck though.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I think I'll give this a chance. Not sure how it'll measure up to Spider-Man 2 but they gave him his webshooters back.

Spider Man 3 did suck though.
so did the first one.

yeah they gave him back his webshooters and we wont see a monster on the screen anymore that should be referred to as man-spider organics=man-spider, chemical shooters=spiderman. Happy Dance

this film will easily be better than any of the three made.

Patient_Leech
Is Spiderman 2.1 the version in the blu-ray trilogy collection?

Mr Parker

I know,they all sucked.yeah Mj got real ugly by the time the second film came out.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Mr Parker
so did the first one.

yeah they gave him back his webshooters and we wont see a monster on the screen anymore that should be referred to as man-spider organics=man-spider, chemical shooters=spiderman. Happy Dance

Well I saw the first one when I was only a small lad, therefore I can't easily say it sucked; Least not as easy as saying that the 3rd one sucked.

I think the Lizard is an interesting choice as a first villain and they introduced Gwen in this too: at least I think it's Gwen to which I say about damn time!

But I can't say this will be great either just that it is a promising reboot.

Placidity
so did the first one.

Are you still on about that... lol

Kazenji
Here's the viral for it

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/spider-man-viral-kicks-off-with-peter-parkers-backpack-clue-pickup/

http://www.markofthespider-man.com/

Esau Cairn
Ok- I didn't follow the comics religiously but what's the big deal whether it's Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy as the love interest?

I'm not talking about the actresses who plays them in the movies, I'm talking about them as Parker's love interests...

Mr Parker
Ok- I didn't follow the comics religiously but what's the big deal whether it's Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy as the love interest?

I'm not talking about the actresses who plays them in the movies, I'm talking about them as Parker's love interests...

I hated it in the comics when they killed off gwen,that was the worst mistake they ever made.and mary jane was such a b!tch and flake in the comics,they have NEVER properly portayed her character in any medium whatsoever,the 90's cartoon show,the movies,never,they always made her much more like gwens character,nice and sweet.I sure hope this time they get it right on Mj's character.Mary jane bing the flake she was in the comics,I always had a problem with peter falling in love with her.I always felt he shouldnt be anything more than just good friends with her.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well I saw the first one when I was only a small lad, therefore I can't easily say it sucked; Least not as easy as saying that the 3rd one sucked.

I think the Lizard is an interesting choice as a first villain and they introduced Gwen in this too: at least I think it's Gwen to which I say about damn time!

But I can't say this will be great either just that it is a promising reboot.

the look of the goblin costume more than anything made the first one a joke being all green like that he looked more like a power ranger than a goblin without the classic purple clothing on. yeah sure is about damn time.she should have been in the first one from the very begnning,no excuse not to.I wonder if MJ is even in this film at all.we didnt see her in the trailer.

the one thing thats promising about this one is you could tell from the trailer of spiderman in 2001 the movie was going to suck,there was enough information in it that you could tell like mary jane acting more like gwen than mary jane for instance,this time at least,the trailer at least looks good so at least from what we have seen so far,it looks promising.

the ninjak

Gwen was Parker's first love in High School. A much better girlfriend than Mary Jane. She met an awful death at the hands of the Green Goblin when he dropped her off a building.

Parker was inexperienced at the time and tried to web her on the way down. The force of the web stopping her momentum and forced her body to snap and die. Spidey then tracked GG down and brought about an his apparent death.

Anyways Gwen is the logical choice considering the path the film is taking. Which is an origin story more true to Spiderman canon. It's a smart choice to avoid MJ as a love interest. And save her for possible later installments.

I think this film is going to surprise people.

Robtard
This film will be amazing.

Esau Cairn
Gwen was Parker's first love in High School. A much better girlfriend than Mary Jane. She met an awful death at the hands of the Green Goblin when he dropped her off a building.

Parker was inexperienced at the time and tried to web her on the way down. The force of the web stopping her momentum and forced her body to snap and die. Spidey then tracked GG down and brought about an his apparent death.

Anyways Gwen is the logical choice considering the path the film is taking. Which is an origin story more true to Spiderman canon. It's a smart choice to avoid MJ as a love interest. And save her for possible later installments.

So by choosing Gwen...we already know she's doomed to die one way or another?

Patient_Leech
New trailer?

Kazenji
Its already been posted back on page 3.

Patient_Leech
Okay, I watched Spider-man 2.1. I have mixed feelings about it. The story and characters are great, but the CGI action with Spidey and Doc Oc is not very engaging to me. It just turns into two cartoon characters that don't have any believability or real gravity (the fights on the building and on the train). That was the same problem I had with it when I saw it long, long ago. I had forgotten about it. It still bothered me this time. I like the first hour of the film the best. After that I'm not as interested. I honestly like the first Spidey film better.. the action felt much more engaging. And then, of course, there's Willem Dafoe who just makes everything more awesome..

Ah, but Doc Oc in the film is perhaps one of the greatest comic villains ever filmed. Such a great character. Brilliant.

Mr Parker

that was the biggest mistake they made was killing off gwen.I always hated it that Peter would be so desperate for a girl he would settle for MJ.Mj should never have been anything but a friend of his.Thats the thing I have always hated about hollywood is neither the cartoons or the movies have yet to portray her properly.They both made her like gwen stacy,nice and sweet where in the comics she was a stuck up,airheaded b!tch who was inconsiderate and rude half the time and pete actually SETTLED for someone like that? hope they get it right this time and finally portray Mj's character properly.It was like Batman 89 having the joker kill Bruces parents,that never sat well with me.

Jack Angel
Saw+a+different+trailer+yesterday+and+as+much+as+i
+hate+to+say+its+look+really+good+but+i+will+alway
s+love+spiderman+2+though+and+the+lizard+look+pret
ty+much+on+point.+I+can't+wait.+I+like+the+web+cartidges+too.

jinXed by JaNx
why are there pluses where should be spaces? the world needs to know

Mr Parker
why are there pluses where should be spaces? the world needs to know

big grin laughing

Nemesis X
So after having to watch Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, how do I know that the Amazing Spider-Man isn't another overhyped piece of trash?

Robtard
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So after having to watch Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, how do I know that the Amazing Spider-Man isn't another overhyped piece of trash?

It doesn't have Nick Cage in it, who hasn't done a good film in a very long time.

Kazenji
It doesn't have Nick Cage in it, who hasn't done a good film in a very long time.

Yeah a very long time....."Cough" Kick-Ass "Cough"

and the latest Ghost Rider movie overhyped??........did'nt feel like it to me.

rudester
I made a song its called spider crap. Bas it goes like the old song but instead of just singing spiderman you sing, spider-crap.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Nemesis X

well Like I said before,it at LEAST looks good from the trailer when you saw the trailer from the 2002 movie,you could tell it was going to suck.also they seem to be pressing all the right buttons this time finally.They got wise and have Gwen Stacy in it this time like they should have in the 2002 movie,and their not taking a crap on the fans this time and raping to death his character finally getting his character right giving him the mechanical shooters. Happy Dance this time around so far it at least looks promising,the 2002 film like i said,you could tell from the trailer it was going to suck.

this is the REAL spiderman,the 2002 film was a phony, watered down, neautered version. totally disloyal to the comicbook.

Robtard
Yeah a very long time....."Cough" Kick-Ass "Cough"

and the latest Ghost Rider movie overhyped??........did'nt feel like it to me.

Was more talking about him more-so than the film overall; while Kick-Ass was good, he was meh in it.

Matchstick Men; maybe Lord of War was his last good roll?

Esau Cairn

this is the REAL spiderman,the 2002 film was a phony, watered down, neautered version. totally disloyal to the comicbook.

No matter how "disloyal" you felt the 2002 Spidey was, the movie did set a precedence on the quality of superhero movies to come. It raised audience expectations for every other superhero movie that featured afterwards.

Mr. Rhythmic
I am a diehard Spider-Man fan, and the 2002 film is one of my favorite movies. I think that it captured the mythos fantastically, and most of the changes allowed the movie to work better for what it was trying to convey.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, don't talk shit about the 2002 Spider-man. Dafoe rules all.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/22251/william%20dafoe%20as%20norman%20osborn.jpg

Mr. Rhythmic
Yeah, don't talk shit about the 2002 Spider-man. Dafoe rules all.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/22251/william%20dafoe%20as%20norman%20osborn.jpg

I think that the character was really condensed, but Dafoe (as always) did an incredible job.

Hermoine02
I'm big fan of Spidy
Love Spider Man & his movies.

Patient_Leech
Interesting... a Venom spin off? How does that work? Why isn't it just another spiderman movie with Venom as the villain? How would it be a spin off?

Clicky

0mega Spawn
as far as im concerned tobey maguire is and always will be spiderman.
this new dude sucks hyena penis

Kazenji
Interesting... a Venom spin off? How does that work? Why isn't it just another spiderman movie with Venom as the villain? How would it be a spin off?

Clicky

http://www.comicvine.com/venom/49-11068/

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
as far as im concerned tobey maguire is and always will be spiderman.
this new dude sucks hyena penis

laughing

http://www.comicvine.com/venom/49-11068/

So it's a series where Venom is the main focus as the villain?

Kazenji
Yes and he also comes into conflict with Wolverine going by a couple of them.

swill388
I always love to watch Spidy. He is my favorite one.

Kazenji
Will have hints at Green Goblin in the movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=56605

Ridley_Prime
Does that mean we'll eventually have Willem Dafoe doing some crazy overacting again when looking at himself in the mirror? awesome

Kazenji
I doubt he's been recast as Norman.

Ridley_Prime
Same here, but ya never know.

Kazenji
Promo art of The Lizard

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169957-new-promo-art-of-the-lizard-in-the-amazing-spider-man

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Does that mean we'll eventually have Willem Dafoe doing some crazy overacting again when looking at himself in the mirror? awesome

Shut yo 'mouf!

Willem Dafoe never overacts. He acts precisely enough for each movie he's in.

Patient_Leech
Damn skrait, sirius! You tell 'im!! How dare you blaspheme Dafoe Christ, Ridley.. mad

Why, i hope he condemns you to hades, to be forced to watch Pauly Shore movies for eternity.. mwuhahaha..

steverules_2
I don't like the look of the lizard, wish he had a snout

Kazenji

Well obviously they're basing it on Steve ditko's lizard design.

Patient_Leech

Yeah, I think it looks dumb, too. He better grow a snout or else I'm boycotting this movie. I might boycott it anyway..

BruceSkywalker
Promo art of The Lizard

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169957-new-promo-art-of-the-lizard-in-the-amazing-spider-man

that looks fair i guess.. i have some hope for this but not a lot

Patient_Leech
Well, I will say that this new poster looks pretty good...

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/c/c0/4f8ded527a7b4/detail.jpg

Esau Cairn
Judging by the poster date, it's being released about 2 weeks before Batman.

Good luck Sony.

Greysen93
I think it looks great. I know a lot of people have doubts, but I'm looking forward to it.

Patient_Leech
Judging by the poster date, it's being released about 2 weeks before Batman.

Good luck Sony.

It'll still probably do okay. Two weeks is plenty of time to wrack in the dough. It's Spider-man after all.

Greysen93
Yeah, I'm sure it'll make plenty of money

Robtard
People who would go see Batman are just as likely to go see Spider-Man as well.

There's probably only one person on(he might be gone now) this forum who would have the: "I'm not going to see Spider-Man, I'm saving my money for Batman." mentality.

RE: Blaxican
People who would go see Batman are just as likely to go see Spider-Man as well.

There's probably only one person on(he might be gone now) this forum who would have the: "I'm not going to see Spider-Man, I'm saving my money for Batman." mentality. thumb up

Major_Lexington
Feels like we went through this ten years ago blink

williamsmith518
I read that the Lizard would be the villain in this. If that's the case, and they make a decent looking Lizard I'll probably go see this, but if not then they can count me out. I don't look forward to seeing Peter go through the process of becoming spider-man again.

-------------------------------------
Travesti

jonydec
just seen the cold light of day with the guy playing spiderman. REALLY? he's playing a 16/18 year old? His voice is deeper than sean connerys and he looks older than 30

marwash22
N7ncrirX8Ms

Esau Cairn
Although I hate they're doing the origins angle all over again & also Parker's parents' mysterious past....I'm kinda looking forward to this.

The guy playing Parker clearly looks too old to play a geeky teen IMO.

silksmitha654
I am waiting for this movies...

jinXed by JaNx
movie will be T1ts

DARTH POWER
^ Looks like he's playing Parker properley. Super genius, makes his own web shooters. Plus he's got a sense of humour as Spiderman.

All essential things Sam Ramai's movies lacked.

Although I don't think a complete origin reboot this soon will do well box-office wise.

marwash22
^agreed, though i liked the organic web shooters.

Robtard
Parker was a genius and had a sense of humor in Ramai's films.

marwash22
he had a sense of humor but he didn't tell jokes like comic/animated spidey.

Patient_Leech
That trailer looked a lot different. It looks okay, I guess. But it looks like there's gonna be a bunch of CGI figures jumbled around wrestling again (like Doc Oc and Spidey is Raimi's 2nd film). I don't like that shit.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>