Superboy Prime runs the Hulk Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cogito
Stipulations:
All versions of Hulk gain standard Superman level flight and flight speed.

How far does SBP get?

1. WWH
2. WWH + Rulk
3. WWH + Rulk + Skaar
4. WWH + Rulk + Skaar + Savage Hulk
5. WWH + Rulk + Skaar + Savage Hulk + Regular Hulk + She Hulk + Professor Hulk
6. WWH w/ Red Ring (& experience) + Rulk + Skaar + Savage + Hulk + She Hulk + Professor Hulk

Fight takes place on indestructible planet, no BFR

Cogito
Bumpity

SquallX
The only one he might lose is the last one, and that's because of hulk's red ring.

Also She Hulk, and Professor hulk are utterly useless.

Galan007
I'm thinking Prime could clear it... Unless WWH is allowed to go SSJ.

Harbinger
Gets to 6.

carver9
Stops at 1.

Harbinger
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/assets_c/2010/07/shitstorm-flyer-thumb-250x187.jpg

My educated prediction.

DARTH POWER
So let me get this right? On this thread SBP kills like 6/7 Hulks together..

Whilst on the other thread Hulk utterley destroys Kon-El, and yet Kon-El put up a half decent fight against SBP.. He took quite a beating from him, and gave him some decent hits back..

So something not quite adding up here..

Galan007
Johns' love of Connor is is the only reason he did fairly well against Prime. That much should be blatantly obvious considering some of Prime's feats- ie. physically busting through dimensions, pushing planets across galactic distances like they were ping pong balls, and effortlessly owning every noteworthy hero in the DCU, for starters.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007

Galan, who would you consider stronger, current Hulk or Prime.

Galan007
Hulk went SSJ and nearly sank the east coast/Manhattan with a step. Prime casually pushed multiple planets across the universe for the lulz.

Throwing planets around with ease >> crumbling the east coast with ease.

DARTH POWER
Johns' love of Connor is is the only reason he did fairly well against Prime. That much should be blatantly obvious considering some of Prime's feats- ie. physically busting through dimensions, pushing planets across galactic distances like they were ping pong balls, and effortlessly owning every noteworthy hero in the DCU, for starters.

Doesn't matter it happened in the same story.. So a bit hard to ignore and write off as Jhon's love for him.

Besides doesn't Conner's TK shield allow him to take a lot of punishment?

Galan007
What doesn't matter? Certainly you aren't suggesting that Connor fairing well against Prime before being killed by him means that Hulk (and co) would be able to do well by proxy..? Because that would mean you'd be completely disregarding the plethora of high-end feats Prime has under his belt.

And yes, Connor's TTK would theoretically allow him to take more punishment, but I can't recall if he was using that ability vs. Prime.

Cogito
So Galan, do you think the flight condition makes much of a different?

Galan007
Absolutely.

Batman-Prime

thumb up

iceman24567
Prime clears it

JakeTheBank

Obviously. thumb up

Conner is Johns' favorite Titan.

SquallX
I actually like earlier Connor's design, he was bad ass, now his costume is just bleh.

So what do you guys think of the new Titans designs.
http://images.wikia.com/smallville/images/e/ee/BoCVg.jpg

DARTH POWER
What doesn't matter? Certainly you aren't suggesting that Connor fairing well against Prime before being killed by him means that Hulk (and co) would be able to do well by proxy..?

No no, I was just saying it doesn't add up.. If anything I would suggest Conner is much tougher than people give him credit for, and would not be easily stomped by Hulk like people here are saying. Im with Geoff John!

vansonbee
Connor reminds me of Namor, well at least he has an actual costume now. : /

Who the spider girl and big fisted in the back?

Sundipped
Originally posted by Cogito
Stipulations:
All versions of Hulk gain standard Superman level flight and flight speed.

How far does SBP get?

1. WWH
2. WWH + Rulk
3. WWH + Rulk + Skaar
4. WWH + Rulk + Skaar + Savage Hulk
5. WWH + Rulk + Skaar + Savage Hulk + Regular Hulk + She Hulk + Professor Hulk
6. WWH w/ Red Ring (& experience) + Rulk + Skaar + Savage + Hulk + She Hulk + Professor Hulk

Fight takes place on indestructible planet, no BFR

Standard SM level flight and speed isn't gonna help.
Prime Smash!

If you had a couple Flashes in there somewhere the team might have a chance. smile

Gecko4lif
So your making it harder by adding progressively WEAKER hulks?

It doesnt work that way....

Just read sm speed part. Makes it magnitudes closer but still sbp should take it with low difficulty

Cogito
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
So your making it harder by adding progressively WEAKER hulks?

It doesnt work that way....

Just read sm speed part. Makes it magnitudes closer but still sbp should take it with low difficulty

Yes, added weaker hulks. Sorry but Hulks don't get stronger, and it's not worth starting with She Hulk.

What if, in the last condition, all hulks get red rings instead of just WWH?

Galan007
Instead of doing that you should have made it WWH, War Hulk, Mindless Hulk, and Rulk (or somesuch) in the last bout.

Cogito
Instead of doing that you should have made it WWH, War Hulk, Mindless Hulk, and Rulk (or somesuch) in the last bout.

Honestly, with the flight, I didn't expect people to call it a stomp

Galan007
Well to be fair Professor Hulk, She-Hulk, Skaar, and even Savage Hulk are pretty much non-factors. Flight or not.

Cogito
^ They make decent distractions. It's harder to fight more people whether they're powerful or not.

carver9
Well to be fair Professor Hulk, She-Hulk, Skaar, and even Savage Hulk are pretty much non-factors. Flight or not.

I think you are underestimating them. As for your other comment....do you think Prime could take a step and destroy continents?

Galan007
Over exaggerate, much? srsly

Hulk taking a step and shaking the eastern seaboard/Manhattan =/= "destroying continents."

zopzop
Pushing planets and busting continents is nice but ultimately meaningless.

Gladiator has busted a planet in 3 punches on panel, yet lost HORRIBLY to Savage Hulk. Thor also beat him (and Thor got no planet busting feats under his belt).

I'm betting WWH/WBH pushes Prime's sh-t in, if BFR is off the table. Marvel is leaning toward making the Hulk Trans Tier in terms of strength/durability.

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Stops at 1. Shut up. Go home. sneer

iceman24567
Originally posted by zopzop
Pushing planets and busting continents is nice but ultimately meaningless.

Gladiator has busted a planet in 3 punches on panel, yet lost HORRIBLY to Savage Hulk. Thor also beat him (and Thor got no planet busting feats under his belt).

I'm betting WWH/WBH pushes Prime's sh-t in, if BFR is off the table. Marvel is leaning toward making the Hulk Trans Tier in terms of strength/durability. You mean the same tier Prime is in terms of just strength/durability? no expression

zopzop
Originally posted by iceman24567
You mean the same tier Prime is in terms of just strength/durability? no expression

Yes. In WWH/WBH mode, everything increases as he gets enraged : strength, stamina, healing factor, etc.... and we haven't seen his upper limit yet. In a fight vs SBP, BFR is Hulk's only weakness.

iceman24567
Yes. In WWH/WBH mode, everything increases as he gets enraged : strength, stamina, healing factor, etc.... and we haven't seen his upper limit yet. In a fight vs SBP, BFR is Hulk's only weakness. Nice to bad Prime isn't only stronger than Hulk he's faster not to mention his other abilities. It's a non fight WWH/WBH would get waxed by Prime

zopzop
Nice to bad Prime isn't only stronger than Hulk he's faster not to mention his other abilities. It's a non fight WWH/WBH would get waxed by Prime

Whatever, we'll just agree to disagree.

Galan007
Yes. In WWH/WBH mode, everything increases as he gets enraged : strength, stamina, healing factor, etc.... and we haven't seen his upper limit yet. In a fight vs SBP, BFR is Hulk's only weakness. Until Hulk throws planets around, tanks anti-matter energy, and simultaneously beats every noteworthy character in his company (with ease), then I'm going to keep assuming that Prime is a LOT stronger and more durable than he's yet to be portrayed.

Additionally, I think an option people are forgetting about is Prime's HV. Even when he was extremely weakened during SC, his HV still pierced through Superman like a hot knife through butter... That said, it wouldn't even slow down vs. Hulk's hide. Just saying.

zopzop
Until Hulk throws planets around, tanks anti-matter energy, and simultaneously beats every noteworthy character in his company (with ease), then I'm going to keep assuming that Prime is a LOT stronger and more durable than he's yet to be portrayed.

Additionally, I think an option people are forgetting about is Prime's HV. Even when he was extremely weakened during SC, his HV still pierced through Superman like a hot knife through butter... That said, it wouldn't even slow down vs. Hulk's hide. Just saying.

Throwing around planets and tanking ani-matter is meaningless in a vs fight. Sure it's nice to have as feats in a respect thread but in an actual fight, it proves nothing.

Gladiator busted a planet with 3 punches and has flown thrown the hearts of stars, yet he got crushed by Savage Hulk. Thor and Masterson Thor have also beaten him. His feats didn't save him in a fight.

IMHO, WBH/WWH can take some wins over Prime.

carver9
Yes. In WWH/WBH mode, everything increases as he gets enraged : strength, stamina, healing factor, etc.... and we haven't seen his upper limit yet. In a fight vs SBP, BFR is Hulk's only weakness.

I agree 100% with this statement.

@Galan...

WWH decimated Rulk with ease and this was a Rulk that was using hi is absorption abilities. Rulk is a top tier, especially during the time he got curbed by Hulk. Then on panel, Savage Hulk himself has taken on and actually defeated top tiers (including Thor) so its pretty much common sense that WBH could replicate Savage feats on a higher scale since he is overall FAR more powerful.

All of this is pretty much common sense. Prime isn't as physically strong as Hulk and planetary feats doesn't proves this... ESPECIALLY since a weakened Hulk has held planets together himself.

Galan007
Throwing around planets and tanking ani-matter is meaningless in a vs fight. Sure it's nice to have as feats in a respect thread but in an actual fight, it proves nothing. Eh, wut? Feats are all we have to go by on KMC. And in this case, they serve to demonstrate the VAST difference in displayed feats between Hulk and Prime.

ie. Prime's strength was sufficient to casually throw planets around. His durability was sufficient to tank Anti-Monitor's anti-matter energy AND endure a universe-busting explosion unscathed. His HV (while tremendously weak) cut through Superman himself like he wasn't even there. From those feats I can logically deduce that Prime was portrayed as several leagues beyond WWH/WBH in those areas.

Gladiator busted a planet with 3 punches and has flown thrown the hearts of stars, yet he got crushed by Savage Hulk. Thor and Masterson Thor have also beaten him. His feats didn't save him in a fight.

IMHO, WBH/WWH can take some wins over Prime. Don't care what Gladiator or Thor have done. Anyone who isn't nigh-retarded would agree that Prime demolishes either of them in a contest of strength/durability. Aside from that, Prime actually uses his hax strength/durability in battles *see every fight he's been involved in*.

Regardless, you're entitled to your own opinion- but in my opinion, WWH did nothing indicative of being able to take any wins over Prime. He barely managed to stalemate a baseline/non-Voided out Sentry, after all (and most agree that version of Sentry < Prime.)

Zack Fair
Until Hulk throws planets around, tanks anti-matter energy, and simultaneously beats every noteworthy character in his company (with ease), then I'm going to keep assuming that Prime is a LOT stronger and more durable than he's yet to be portrayed.

thumb up

carver9
Eh, wut? Feats are all we have to go by on KMC. And in this case, they serve to demonstrate the VAST difference in displayed feats between Hulk and Prime.

ie. Prime's strength was sufficient to casually throw planets around. His durability was sufficient to tank Anti-Monitor's anti-matter energy AND endure a universe-busting explosion unscathed. His HV (while tremendously weak) cut through Superman himself like he wasn't even there. From those feats I can logically deduce that Prime was portrayed as several leagues beyond WWH/WBH in those areas.

Don't care what Gladiator or Thor have done. Anyone who isn't nigh-retarded would agree that Prime demolishes either of them in a contest of strength/durability. Aside from that, Prime actually uses his hax strength/durability in battles *see every fight he's been involved in*.

Regardless, you're entitled to your own opinion- but in my opinion, WWH did nothing indicative of being able to take any wins over Prime. He barely managed to stalemate a baseline/non-Voided out Sentry, after all (and most agree that version of Sentry < Prime.)

That's kind of lowballing don't you think? Trying to use Sentry as some type of leeway. I could easily bring up Prime fights against Conner or his fight against an inexperience Ion but what would that help?

zopzop

You realize that the Sentry was completely burnt out and Banner Hulked out stronger than ever right after when he got enraged again.

Galan007
That's kind of lowballing don't you think? Trying to use Sentry as some type of leeway. I could easily bring up Prime fights against Conner or his fight against an inexperience Ion but what would that help? Bring them up all you want. Prime ultimately killed Connor, and nearly killed a Superman-level guy who ALSO had the Ion-power... And in both instances Prime wasn't noticeably weaker afterward (as evident by him proceeding to trounce dozens of heroes immediately after beating those two.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying WWH wasn't extremely tough- he most certainly was. But imo, Prime is just on a different level.

You realize that the Sentry was completely burnt out and Banner Hulked out stronger than ever right after when he got enraged again. He still reverted back to Banner immediately after fighting Sentry. That's all I was saying.

carver9
Bring them up all you want. Prime ultimately killed Connor, and nearly killed a Superman-level guy who ALSO had the Ion-power... And in both instances Prime wasn't noticeably weaker afterward (as evident by him proceeding to trounce dozens of heroes immediately after beating those two.)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying WWH wasn't extremely tough- he most certainly was. But imo, Prime is just on a different level.

He still reverted back to Banner immediately after fighting Sentry. That's all I was saying.

But why bring up a Sentry that we don't even know what levels he was at? Sentry never displayed that type of power any time after his fight against WWH. I don't think that argument is aiding you at all Galan, especially with everything Hulk was fighting through and dealing with during his huddle against Sentry.

zopzop
He still reverted back to Banner immediately after fighting Sentry. That's all I was saying.

True, but not before downing Sentry, the same guy that supposedly "stalemated" Galactus off panel and annihilated Molecule Man. Sentry was completely out of it, Banner powered up to WBH mode instantly when he got pissed again.

Galan007
True, but not before downing Sentry, the same guy that supposedly "stalemated" Galactus off panel "Off panel" being the key words there. Personally, I have a hard time believing that a guy who could barely stalemate WWH was capable of stalemating anything more than a starving Galactus. srsly

and annihilated Molecule Man. Sentry never displayed any molecular manipulation abilities before Dark Reign. In fact, he didn't even know he was capable of doing so before Dark Reign- so I don't know what you're trying to say here? Certainly you aren't suggesting that it was something Sentry could have done to WWH at that time..? Certainly you aren't suggesting that WWH could have tanked same molecular dispersion attacks that destroyed Molecule Man and Loki..? confused

zopzop
"Off panel" being the key words there. Personally, I have a hard time believing that a guy who could barely stalemate WWH was capable of stalemating anything more than a starving Galactus. srsly

Sentry never displayed any molecular manipulation abilities before Dark Reign. In fact, he didn't even know he was capable of doing so before Dark Reign- so I don't know what you're trying to say here? Certainly you aren't suggesting that WWH would have resisted the same molecular dispersion attacks that destroyed Molecule Man and Loki..? confused

All I'm saying is : WBH/WWH beat a guy that held his own vs Galactus and destroyed the Molecule Man. Those guys are at least as impressive as anyone SBP fought.

Zack Fair
All I'm saying is : WBH/WWH beat a guy that held his own vs Galactus and destroyed the Molecule Man. Those guys are at least as impressive as anyone SBP fought.
facepalm

zagazum

KMCuserslayer

Galan007
All I'm saying is : WBH/WWH beat a guy that held his own vs Galactus and destroyed the Molecule Man. Those guys are at least as impressive as anyone SBP fought. laughing out loud Because, you know, we saw Sentry stalemate Galactus, right? We know the particulars behind it, right? It's more than just a comment pertaining to an alleged off panel event, right?

And even though Sentry himself said that he did NOT know he was capable of manipulating molecules before Dark Reign/Siege we'll just assume he was somehow on that level during WWH, right?

Perfectly logical! dur

KMCuserslayer

zagazum

KMCuserslayer

Zack Fair
laughing out loud Because, you know, we saw Sentry stalemate Galactus, right? We know the particulars behind it, right? It's more than just a comment pertaining to an alleged off panel event, right?

And even though Sentry himself said that he did NOT know he was capable of manipulating molecules before Dark Reign/Siege we'll just assume he was somehow on that level during WWH, right?

Perfectly logical! dur

durhulk SMASH PUNY MAN

zagazum

zopzop
laughing out loud Because, you know, we saw Sentry stalemate Galactus, right? We know the particulars behind it, right? It's more than just a comment pertaining to an alleged off panel event, right?

Perfectly logical! dur

It was stated on panel, that's all the "proof" we need. And Sentry killed MM. WBH/WWH beat Sentry (who wasn't holding back).

Galan007
facepalm

Christ.

KMCuserslayer

carver9
Didn't Sentry stalemate Genus? A holding back Sentry.

Galan007
^ Both were holding back.

iceman24567
Revenge of the socks part two

Zack Fair
crylaugh

SuperiorTech
I don't know who wins this fight but trying to use an off panel fight with Galactus as evidence is ridiculous he does not have a constant power level he has been hungry to the point where he was brought down by the Thing.I could argue he was starving when Sentry fought him you could argue he was full and neither one of us could prove each other wrong.

Sundipped

That same HV ko'ed Earth 2 Supes, put Zauriel down for the count, and shot through a lantern then hurt a Gaurdian. Just wanted to throw that in.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Sundipped
That same HV ko'ed Earth 2 Supes, put Zauriel down for the count, and shot through a lantern then hurt a Gaurdian. Just wanted to throw that in. more like several guardians... at the same time and was beating on their asses until getting sui bombed.

carver9
What type of healing feats does the Guardians have because Hulk was hit by a full blast from Zeus and got up seconds later and let's not forget, Zeus with a small amp dropped Galactus with the same attack.

Heat vision isn't dropping Hulk... Hell, I don't even think it would hurt him due to his body Newington built to absorb tremendous amounts of heat. It might amp him.

carver9
N/A

Batman-Prime
What type of healing feats does the Guardians have because was hit by a full blast from Zeus and got up seconds later and let's mot forget, Zeus with a small amp dropped Galactus with the same attack.

You are incredible...

Cogito
Heat vision isn't dropping Hulk... Hell, I don't even think it would hurt him due to his body Newington built to absorb tremendous amounts of heat. It might amp him.

Normal heat doesn't affect Superman either. He loves being in and around suns. But please, show me Hulk demonstrating greater heat resistance than Superman.

Carver9isretard

quanchi112
Looks like carver is in someone's head as am I.

carver9
Normal heat doesn't affect Superman either. He loves being in and around suns. But please, show me Hulk demonstrating greater heat resistance than Superman.

So Superman can withstand red sunlight or Sun light that empowers him?

Hulk has absorbed a Nuclear blast that almost took out a planet twice the size of Earth. Hulk also withstood a nova bath from a pissed human torch and sat there as if he didn't feel it. He absorbed another nuke while being on planet Sakaar without even flinch (he literally absorbed it).

Heat isn't stopping him

Zack Fair
Good ole punch to the face will suffice. biscuits

iceman24567
Primes heat vision would go right threw Hulks brain

quanchi112
Primes heat vision would go right threw Hulks brain laughing out loud

Batman-Prime
Primes heat vision would go right threw Hulks brain

What brain?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
What brain? idk

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
What brain? Do you think Prime is smarter than banner ? Really ?

Uriel005
Doesn't need to be smarter. Just overall stronger, faster and more brutal. Prime's smashed a team of guardians and the GL corps made up of a crap ton of heralds as well as Ion (albeit early stage) but still Hulk would have been canned at a team of lanterns.

Cogito
Ok carver, I know you have trouble with scales so I'm going to try to break this down as simply as I can.

So Superman can withstand red sunlight
Yes, he flew SBP through a red star.

or Sun light that empowers him?
Yellow sunlight empowers him, heat does not.

Hulk has absorbed a Nuclear blast that almost took out a planet twice the size of Earth. Hulk also withstood a nova bath from a pissed human torch and sat there as if he didn't feel it. He absorbed another nuke while being on planet Sakaar without even flinch (he literally absorbed it).

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/13db967.jpg

A planet sized nuke is literally nothing. Absolutely nothing. A nuke that almost took out a planet twice the size of Earth? Still nothing. Nova bath? Nothing.

We're talking about motherf'ing stars.

iceman24567
Ok carver, I know you have trouble with scales so I'm going to try to break this down as simply as I can.

A planet sized nuke is literally nothing. Absolutely nothing. A nuke that almost took out a planet twice the size of Earth? Still nothing. Nova bath? Nothing.

We're talking about motherf'ing stars. laughing

Batman-Prime
^laughing out loud thumb up

Btw doesn anybody know how Big New Genesis and Apokolips are, compared to earth?

Uriel005

We're talking about motherf'ing stars. let it go the SBP rage is understandable. I actually rather despise the character myself but I'll admit he's on herpa derp ridiculous strength levels. Fighting on equal terms to several guardians simultaneously as well as for all intents and purposes the entire GL corp. Yeah thats definitely nowhere near herald. The GL corp thrashing feat on its own is something most of the trans tier would struggle with if not outright fail to accomplish if they tried that in a straight fight with no weakness abuse.

zopzop

We're talking about motherf'ing stars.

Gladiator has flown threw the hearts of stars and crushed planets and still got destroyed by Savage Hulk. WBH >>>>>>>>>>>Savage Hulk.

Cogito
Gladiator has flown threw the hearts of stars and crushed planets and still got destroyed by Savage Hulk. WBH >>>>>>>>>>>Savage Hulk.

I'm speaking only about the ridiculous assumption that Hulk is completely immune to all heat, regardless.

zopzop
I'm speaking only about the ridiculous assumption that Hulk is completely immune to all heat, regardless.

You realize that at ground zero of nuke blasts the temperature can reach in the tens of millions of degrees just like the hearts of stars?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_nuclear_explosions

Cogito
^Only for a moment. Stars sustain it

zopzop
^Only for a moment. Stars sustain it

If he's not vaporized instantly in that heat because of his durability and HF, then burst or sustained ain't gonna mean anything to him.

Mindset
What are they measuring the degrees in?

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
What are they measuring the degrees in?

Celsius or Kelvin I'd imagine. But unless I'm doing it wrong, there's VERY little difference between them :
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Celsius_vs_Kelvin

What difference does 273 degrees make (add or subtract), when the temps are in the 10s of millions?

Mindset
What about F?

Cogito
If he's not vaporized instantly in that heat because of his durability and HF, then burst or sustained ain't gonna mean anything to him.

Thats a load of crap. I can put a drop of boiling water on my hand and I won't feel it. If I put my hand in a pot of boiling water though, I'll get burned badly. This tells us that the quantity of heat matters. Furthermore, if I keep my hand in a pot of boiling water longer, I'll be burned even worse. Again, quantity and duration matter. A lot.

Mindset
Thats a load of crap. I can put a drop of boiling water on my hand and I won't feel it. If I put my hand in a pot of boiling water though, I'll get burned badly. This tells us that the quantity of heat matters. Furthermore, if I keep my hand in a pot of boiling water longer, I'll be burned even worse. Again, quantity and duration matter. A lot. Your hand would be at different temps in that example.

Cogito
Your hand would be at different temps in that example.

But does it not apply?

zopzop
What about F?

http://www.easysurf.cc/cnver14.htm

27000000 F = 15000000 C = 15000273.15 K

zopzop
Thats a load of crap. I can put a drop of boiling water on my hand and I won't feel it. If I put my hand in a pot of boiling water though, I'll get burned badly. This tells us that the quantity of heat matters. Furthermore, if I keep my hand in a pot of boiling water longer, I'll be burned even worse. Again, quantity and duration matter. A lot.

INSTANTLY going from 80 or so degrees C/K to TENS OF MILLIONS of degrees C/K and surviving (let alone NOT being vaporized) tells me he can take it sustained.

Cogito
INSTANTLY going from 80 or so degrees C/K to TENS OF MILLIONS of degrees C/K and surviving (let alone NOT being vaporized) tells me he can take it sustained. Rate of temperature change doesn't mean much of anything.

Gecko4lif
INSTANTLY going from 80 or so degrees C/K to TENS OF MILLIONS of degrees C/K and surviving (let alone NOT being vaporized) tells me he can take it sustained.
It doesn't work that way. At all.

CosmicComet
Duration and area of heat definitely matters. (Nukes have area covered though obviously)

Lightning bolts don't turn people to ash do they?

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you think Prime is smarter than banner ? Really ?

Quan, have you seen Hulk recent feats?

zopzop
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
It doesn't work that way. At all.

Starting from average Earth temperature of 70-80 degrees then having a 10+ Megaton nuke blowup in your face and you are at the epicenter where temps instantly reach tens of millions of degrees C/K after the explosion isn't how it works?

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/SimonFung.shtml

Ok, Albert.

quanchi112
Quan, have you seen Hulk recent feats? No. Gimme issue numbers and consider it done.

Cogito
Starting from average Earth temperature of 70-80 degrees then having a 10+ Megaton nuke blowup in your face and you are at the epicenter where temps instantly reach tens of millions of degrees C/K after the explosion isn't how it works?

Ok, Albert.

You can keep quoting wikipedia but since your quotes don't address the argument at hand, they hardly matter.

Intensity matters, nobody is denying that.
Duration also matters, but you're (for some reason) denying that.

cdtm

I bet you'd feel a drop from boiling water. I know I would.

But Gladiator, who has pretty high end durability, definitely felt the heat from going through a red giant star. Quantity and duration in that case taking its toll.

Cogito
Originally posted by cdtm
I bet you'd feel a drop from boiling water. I know I would.

But Gladiator, who has pretty high end durability, definitely felt the heat from going through a red giant star. Quantity and duration in that case taking its toll.

I've done the drop of boiling water before, and trust me you don't really feel it at all.

And Gladiator's heat resistance is not an issue here. Just proves he (who isn't involved in this thread), has similar heat resistance to Superman, who was hurt by SBP's HV

Gecko4lif

Ok, Albert. Surviving something for 1 hundredth of a thousands of a second doesnt translate to being able to survive it sustainably

Normal humans can survive hundreds of tons of pressure for small amounts of time

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
No. Gimme issue numbers and consider it done.

It's on the page for you. Enjoy because its beastly. It's the last scans/post on this page.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=441188&pagenumber=40#post13457926

cdtm
I've done the drop of boiling water before, and trust me you don't really feel it at all.

And Gladiator's heat resistance is not an issue here. Just proves he (who isn't involved in this thread), has similar heat resistance to Superman, who was hurt by SBP's HV

Well, heat vision is said to be hotter than a yellow sun, and SBP's is likely even hotter.. A red giant is supposed to be the coolest kind of star. It's only on account of their gigantic size, forcing extended immersion, that Glads felt pain.. (Of course, he could have sped through it with his super speed, but he was diving through one in a show of machismo, basically. He wanted it to test himself for the fun of it, going by the captions..)

So basically, I agree, there's a difference between tanking a nuke and extended immersion in the same forces a nuke initially produces.

quanchi112
It's on the page for you. Enjoy because its beastly. It's the last scans/post on this page.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=441188&pagenumber=40#post13457926 Yeah, he looks pretty formidable there.

Ptr_Grifin

Going by that logic, Spider-Man could also beat Gladiator, sense he did KO Hulk with a cement truck.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Going by that logic, Spider-Man could also beat Gladiator, sense he did KO Hulk with a cement truck. The quote at the bottom of your sig is awesome

zeel
hmm didnt Rulk beat Rune King Thor a elder god?

I dont see prime getting past 2.

Ptr_Grifin
The quote at the bottom of your sig is awesome

Thanks. I believe it is from an old Calvin & Hobbes shirt I have.

Originally posted by zeel
hmm didnt Rulk beat Rune King Thor a elder god?

I dont see prime getting past 2.

No, he did beat RKT. I think he did get the upper hand and humiliate Thor with a bit of Odin power though.

JakeTheBank
Rulk beat up on OF Thor, who is < King Thor and <<<< Rune King Thor.

Ptr_Grifin
Crap. I meant to put he did NOT beat RKT. Sorry 'bout that.

JakeTheBank
Under Loeb, I wouldn't have been surprised, though, tbh.

carver9
It's still a feat for Rulk though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.