Silver Surfer vs Ganthet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
current versions of both. who walks away from this very colourful rumble.....

Philosophía
Ganthet is much more powerful, it's not even close.

JakeTheBank
^ That.

I don't see Surfer fighting a bunch of GLs, even low-mid level ones, like Ganthet did.

leonidas
cool, cool. so where he is, respectively? most seem to think thanos would kill him which sort of surprised me but i don't know what he's done currently.

allow me to revise the match. instead of just ss, let's call it:

ss, quasar, bill and gladiator. can he take all 4?

Silent Master
Flash or Zoom would destroy him.

smokin'

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by leonidas
cool, cool. so where he is, respectively? most seem to think thanos would kill him which sort of surprised me but i don't know what he's done currently.

allow me to revise the match. instead of just ss, let's call it:

ss, quasar, bill and gladiator. can he take all 4?

I would say Ganthet himself is Mid-Skyfather. I think Thanos would ultimately beat him, but I give Thanos the odds primarily because of his insane durability and damage soak. Ganthet certainly doesn't want for firepower.

And I would say the team could beat Ganthet for the majority, in no small part thanks to Bill.

celeyhyga17
Current Ganth is upper trans...
As for the match, I better not see nyone picking Surfer here..

rotiart
Wasn't there an issue where gantlet was all beat up ad a gl had to come in to save the day... Not talking about the weaponer...

Mindset
Silver Surfer wins.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Mindset
Silver Surfer wins.

Ganthet has ha dups and downs, but his latest portrayal put him a couple tiers above SS. Thanos would still win.

G vs SS; G: 9-10/10

G vc team; G: 5-6/10

G vs thanos; thanos 7/10

Sundipped
Ganthet>any herald.

Coldcasekiller

Coldcasekiller

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
Ganthet>any herald. Why ?

Sundipped
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why ?

You really don't like Ganthet do you?
Just being a member of the quintessence should give you some kinda indication on his power level even tho he lacks feats. Hal would be a better fight. Now you don't think Hal>Ganthet do you?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
You really don't like Ganthet do you?
Just being a member of the quintessence should give you some kinda indication on his power level even tho he lacks feats. Hal would be a better fight. Now you don't think Hal>Ganthet do you? Hal doesn't have surfer's durability or power so I hardly think that's an indication of anything. I do know the guardians are powerful but not that hard to beat by an experienced/powerful character like the Surfer.

inimalist
Silver Surfer wins.

leonidas
huh. ss votes eh? interesting.....

if by interesting you mean wrong, sure

Sundipped
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hal doesn't have surfer's durability or power so I hardly think that's an indication of anything. I do know the guardians are powerful but not that hard to beat by an experienced/powerful character like the Surfer.

The best chance Surfer has is to try and create some Anti-Matter energy. The Anti-Monitor roasted a Guardian with it by simply touching him. Other than that, I don't see anyone herald level being able to rival any member of the Quintessence.

Harbinger
Ganthet wins, and now I remember why quan's on ignore. Reading his posts is like being bukkaked with stupid.

Batman-Prime
Ganrthet wins, every single time.

carver9
Silver Surfer wins.

Ambient
The question could surfer absorb Ganthets energy attack to amp to his high end level? if he could I can see him winning, if not then his toast..

JakeTheBank
I think Ganthet would have more control over his own will power based energy than Norrin would.

I'm pretty surprised to see a bunch of people pulling for Surfer here, too, considering, generally, most people would put Surfer and a top tier Lantern on the same level (with one edging out the other).

Lord Feron
Ganthet has some pretty embarrassing feats reasently. I mean some thing you think "oh man ganthet is gonna whoop everyone's ass but then just gets smacked around. (except taking out a bunch of fodder lanterns...)

Harbinger
Soloing hundreds of GLs is no small feat, regardless of whether or not they were top tier guys.

And I'm not sure how getting one-shotted by Krona + every ring in the emotional spectrum is a low showing.

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm pretty surprised to see a bunch of people pulling for Surfer here, too, considering, generally, most people would put Surfer and a top tier Lantern on the same level (with one edging out the other). I agree 100%. thumb up

Another thing I find odd is that Krona recently showed us what a Guardian who lets loose is capable of- and I don't think anyone would argue that Surfer could beat him..? /shrug

Ambient
I think Ganthet would have more control over his own will power based energy than Norrin would.

I'm pretty surprised to see a bunch of people pulling for Surfer here, too, considering, generally, most people would put Surfer and a top tier Lantern on the same level (with one edging out the other).
I just think of Surfer as like Superman who operates at top high herald on regular basis but amp them up they jump a tier. The diff is that Supes is only limited on sol energy to sun dipped/amp, surfer does not have this restriction him being a energy manipulator.. We don't need ex. Of Supes, surfer on the other hand his done it in inf. Crusade or unilord saga and dome others..

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Ambient
I just think of Surfer as like Superman who operates at top high herald on regular basis but amp them up they jump a tier. The diff is that Supes is only limited on sol energy to sun dipped/amp, surfer does not have this restriction him being a energy manipulator.. We don't need ex. Of Supes, surfer on the other hand his done it in inf. Crusade or unilord saga and dome others..

Oh, I have no doubts about Surfer being pretty top notch as an energy manipulator, I just have doubts about him wresting control from Ganthet's own energy reserves and somehow draining him or something similar.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Galan007
I agree 100%. thumb up

Another thing I find odd is that Krona recently showed us what a Guardian who lets loose is capable of- and I don't think anyone would argue that Surfer could beat him..? /shrug

I guess the argument could be that WoGL did end with Hal killing Krona with an energy blast

Ambient
Oh, I have no doubts about Surfer being pretty top notch as an energy manipulator, I just have doubts about him wresting control from Ganthet's own energy reserves and somehow draining him or something similar.
Yeah! That I dont think it's within him to control however the energy directed at him as a projectile he could possibly absorb if he does not get one shotted..

Galan007
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I guess the argument could be that WoGL did end with Hal killing Krona with an energy blast To be fair, Krona didn't bother defending against that blast because he (and every other Guardian) thought it was impossible for a ring to harm a Guardian due to the safeguards imposed on them.

It's either that, or Hal became more powerful than the Ion entity itself during that scene. I'll side with the former, myself.

kevdude
thumb up Yeah thats the way it look's. Ganthet takes it.

Omega Vision
Ganthet 9/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.