Nova vs herald's of Galactus gauntlet..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ambient
Blood lust on..

Battle takes place in the Moon..

Each fight starts off healed at full power and 3/10 wins to proceed to the next round..

Does Nova have what it takes to get to the top of the list and be aptly dubbed an elite high herald..

1. Nova
2. Air Walker (original)
3. Firelord
4. Terrax (original)
5. Perceptor (Johny Storm)
6. Red shift
7. Morg
8. Stardust
9. Fallen One
10. Silver Surfer

Harbinger
Really, the only ones that are problems are Morg and Surfer, IMO. Stardust, too, but to a lesser extent.

Stops at 7, IMO.

Ambient
Novas got quite a bit of good showings in regards to energy manipulation dough I'm not too sure if it's enough to give him at least 3/10 wins against stardust to proceed.. Maybe someone who's very familiar with both characters can enlighten us with that..

Morg hmm..

celeyhyga17
I think Firelord and Morg are misplaced.. Morg and Surfer are obviously the toughest to beat.. He could prolly go to 7, but FL is going to be one tough cookie...

nimbus006
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I think Firelord and Morg are misplaced.. Morg and Surfer are obviously the toughest to beat.. He could prolly go to 7, but FL is going to be one tough cookie...

I agree with this.

Stoic
Ok Morg is in the wrong spot on the list, but whatever. Nova Prime should be able to beat all of them except for Surfer, Morg, and Stardust, and the Fallen One.

Ambient
I think Perceptor and Firelord are the only ones misplaced..
It should be:
1. Nova
2. Preceptor
3. Air Waler
4. Terrax
5. Red shift
6. Firelord
7 Morg
8 stardust
9 fallen one
10 surfer

As for Morg he had had quit a good showing at the beginning but like everyone else, it seemed like he had his power cut after his 1st reincarnation to a point that he couldn't even beat Surfer w/ having his PC back + what's left of the WOL in him.. Heck Firelord had better showing than him against Surfer and they've clash a few times..

vansonbee
Originally posted by Harbinger
Really, the only ones that are problems are Morg and Surfer, IMO. Stardust, too, but to a lesser extent.

Stops at 7, IMO.

dmills
Bloodlusted it stands to reason that he'd tap very deep into his power reservoir, so he should stand a good chance to clear it if he's going all out. Or at the very least make it to Norrin.

(runs away before ridicule)

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills
Bloodlusted it stands to reason that he'd tap very deep into his power reservoir, so he should stand a good chance to clear it if he's going all out. Or at the very least make it to Norrin.

(runs away before ridicule)

oh wait... Didn't notice bloodlust. If he is tapping deep into the Nova force, he could clear this. That's also if he starts resisting some of the failsafes Worldmind set for being Nova Prime.

zopzop
Makes it up to Surfer then stops hard. None of the other heralds are a major threat, although Stardust and Fallen One may prove to be a headache.

Bouboumaster
I think he would pass Morg, but he statlemate at Stardust. On one hand, I think he would have the edge. On the other hand, Stardust would probably outlast him, so...

What's for sure is that Norrin destroy every single time Nova. Rich isn't winning against the Silver Surfer.
As for the Fallen One, who cares?

dmills
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

What's for sure is that Norrin would destroy Nova every single time. Rich isn't winning against the Silver Surfer. /b]

So do you think Norrin would take a bloodlusted Supernova or a bloodlusted Sphinx every time? Because that's precisely the kind of power that a bloodlusted Nova prime could bring to the table. Not saying that he would dig that deep, but that he could if he wanted to go there during a bloodlust.

Ambient
I wouldn't measure those guys fight with Nova as platform on winning against Some of this herald. Surfer himself have fought char. Tier above you mention, stardust/redshift survive Galactus tech beams, firelord against other top tiers, fallen one withstood a blast that destroyed a star system, etc.. I really can't see Nova putting down some of this herald alone in pure destructive physical/energy output..

How would you figure Nova beating this heralds?

Bouboumaster
So do you think Norrin would take a bloodlusted Supernova or a bloodlusted Sphinx every time? Because that's precisely the kind of power that a bloodlusted Nova prime could bring to the table. Not saying that he would dig that deep, but that he could if he wanted to go there during a bloodlust.

Well, maybe, maybe not. But when they are put together, the best feats are always on Surfer's side. Also, I can't forget the epic ass-beating Surfer would have given to Rich if it wasn't of the fact that Surfer wanted to chat with Rich.

dmills
Originally posted by Ambient
I wouldn't measure those guys fight with Nova as platform on winning against Some of this herald. Surfer himself have fought char. Tier above you mention, stardust/redshift survive Galactus tech beams, firelord against other top tiers, fallen one withstood a blast that destroyed a star system, etc.. I really can't see Nova putting down some of this herald alone in pure destructive physical/energy output..

How would you figure Nova beating this heralds?

Nova at full power has oneshotted firelord before. And I mean literally knocked him across the solar system. Supernova has beaten Firelord into a coma.

The other heralds are definitely more powerful then Krill, but they'd eventually fall to the full nova force as well.

Ambient
It sent him flying across the solar system but it didn't oneshot him, more like he just shook off that full gravametric pulse while talking to Air Walker.. Morg and Terrax did a lot more better against a none holding back Firelord..

I agree Nova can take majority against the weaker herald but at this moment I'm just not convince he can pull of 3 wins against the top 4 on the list... I mean how is he going to defeat/injure them with the durability they've displayed thus far?

Convince me big grin big grin

dmills
It sent him flying across the solar system but it didn't oneshot him, more like he just shook off that full gravametric pulse while talking to Air Walker.. Morg and Terrax did a lot more better against a none holding back Firelord..

I agree Nova can take majority against the weaker herald but at this moment I'm just not convince he can pull of 3 wins against the top 4 on the list... I mean how is he going to defeat/injure them with the durability they've displayed thus far?

Convince me big grin big grin Huh? If a guy gets knocked for a loop across a friggin solar system with a basic eyeblast and can't return to the battle that's a one shot in my book. Besides, they all but spelled out how outclassed they were vs Richard. There's no getting around that one my friend smile

Ambient
Really? A solar system to beings in they're level shouldn't be a problem to traverse, it's not like half a universe or across dimension.. I don't mean to be little that feat but it really didn't do any lasting damage, Surfer or Morg did more damage than that with just a casual blast to FL.. Current WM pretty much dubbed a herald as top tier class, in fact pointing out as > Nova prime so really that shoulda Retconed that statement you mentioned.. big grin big grin

dmills
Really? A solar system to beings in they're level shouldn't be a problem to traverse, it's not like half a universe or across dimension.. I don't mean to be little that feat but it really didn't do any lasting damage, Surfer or Morg did more damage than that with just a casual blast to FL.. Current WM pretty much dubbed a herald as top tier class, in fact pointing out as > Nova prime so really that shoulda Retconed that statement you mentioned.. big grin big grin Exactly. If he could've returned, he would have since as you said, a solar system is a short distance to beings like them. Both Firelord and Airwalker knew that they couldn't match his power and all but admitted it on panel. And furthermore, Supernova beat Firelord into a coma with that same power once before. I'm not sure what the dispute is here erm

Why would one statement retcon an entire story arc when there's no contradiction or discrepancy? Both things can equally be true. Richard under normal circumstances is beneath the likes of the surfer. But it is also true that entirety of the nova force >>>> over any herald leveler. This has been stated, eluded to and displayed on panel quite a few times. The only reason Richie doesn't tap too deep is because he'd risk his sanity.

Naija boy
Nova gets to Morg probably due to the arrangement of the list but he could likely also take wins from stardust and fallen one. Of course he goes down to surfer every time.heh

Ambient
Exactly. If he could've returned, he would have since as you said, a solar system is a short distance to beings like them. Both Firelord and Airwalker knew that they couldn't match his power and all but admitted it on panel. And furthermore, Supernova beat Firelord into a coma with that same power once before. I'm not sure what the dispute is here erm

Why would one statement retcon an entire story arc when there's no contradiction or discrepancy? Both things can equally be true. Richard under normal circumstances is beneath the likes of the surfer. But it is also true that entirety of the nova force >>>> over any herald leveler. This has been stated, eluded to and displayed on panel quite a few times. The only reason Richie doesn't tap too deep is because he'd risk his sanity.
Srry! Took a while to reply..

Or perhaps he was unable to return due to interruption but the point is that feat you mention isn't enough indication for an easy fight, as in one shot by bloodlusted Nova.. All I got was firelord in holding stasis in supernovas ship before he was ambush, a scan of him beating Firelord into a coma would be great..

I call it as what it is, which pretty much intells what the actual entity within the power say and that is the power of a herald of galactus > that of nova force and not someone's guess.. If you want to compare scanned feats.. Im game and it'd be fun..

Nihilist
Stops at 8

Ambient
I think he'd have a hard time starting at 3 or 4 (the revise version of the list of course) even a bloodlusted Nova.. Both original incarnation of Air Walker and Terrax were pretty uber before they took second form which really depowered them.

Nihilist
I think he'd have a hard time starting at 3 or 4 (the revise version of the list of course) even a bloodlusted Nova.. Both original incarnation of Air Walker and Terrax were pretty uber before they took second form which really depowered them. The last time we saw Nova he was using the full Nova force, recently he was tanking attack from Sphinx with 2 KA stones and opening stargates in his head.

Ambient
Yeah but original versions of some of the herald were destroying planets, lifting manhattan into space, fighting inside blackholes, trading blows with elite herald like Thor and surfer, etc and etc.. This are people starting at # 3 less Nova is trans tier bloodlusted then yes he'd have quit an easy time clearing till top of the list but really his never shown to have this kinda feat..

Nihilist
Yeah but original versions of some of the herald were destroying planets, lifting manhattan into space, fighting inside blackholes, trading blows with elite herald like Thor and surfer, etc and etc.. This are people starting at # 3 less Nova is trans tier bloodlusted then yes he'd have quit an easy time clearing till top of the list but really his never shown to have this kinda feat.. Sphinx who Nova beat was merging 2 timelines, and with 1 KA stone Sphinx held his own against Galactus iirc..when Nova beat him he had 2 stones.

Ambient
Right def. A very good showing tanking some of the attacks but really dough someone with the kind Of power; universal level reality altering power falling victim to a stargate BFR. Prety much poor use of the KA stones - CIS on Spynx.. A herald of Galactus could replicate that feat. It's within they're powerset to open stargates into dimensions.

Nihilist
Right def. A very good showing tanking some of the attacks but really dough someone with the kind Of power; universal level reality altering power falling victim to a stargate BFR. Prety much poor use of the KA stones - CIS on Spynx.. A herald of Galactus could replicate that feat. It's within they're powerset to open stargates into dimensions. I wouldnt say it was a poor use of the stones by Sphinx, Nova was just too fast/manuverable for him. Nova opens stargates on a regular though as a offensive tactic, im not sure if the herald has ever done a stargate inside someone like Nova did.

Ambient
His got the power of time in his hands > any form of speed -- cis..

I't wasn't really clear if the stargate was within Spynx but any how one if the heralds can open up rifts/dimension in space by cutting reality and Surfer said he could the rest have never done it within someone..

dmills
Srry! Took a while to reply..

Or perhaps he was unable to return due to interruption but the point is that feat you mention isn't enough indication for an easy fight, as in one shot by bloodlusted Nova.. All I got was firelord in holding stasis in supernovas ship before he was ambush, a scan of him beating Firelord into a coma would be great..

I call it as what it is, which pretty much intells what the actual entity within the power say and that is the power of a herald of galactus > that of nova force and not someone's guess.. If you want to compare scanned feats.. Im game and it'd be fun..

But it was stated on panel, so again I'm not sure what the dispute is. Just to further the point, Queen Adora even said that their effort was futile which is why I assume that Gladiator and the Imperial Guard were called in for support.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1312320063806.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1312320133950.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1312320148560.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1312320159306.jpg

As for a herald replicating the Sphinx feat, that well may be true but the same can be said of any number of feats for most characters of similar power-sets. The bottomline is that it was Nova's feat, so it doesn't arbitrarily get applied as a proxy feat to other people. That called lowballing.

Richard has defeated the Sphinx on several occasions. He's a Nova rogue, the hero always finds a way to beat his nemesis. There's even a certain respect that the two have for one another.

Simbon
I like this, but like others have said, 3 and 4 should be higher up. Terrax may job, but he has incredible power -- heroes don't get hit with his axe because they're heroes, but it is one of the deadliest weapons wielded by a herald-level character, since it can basically one-shot any herald level character it hits. I still give Nova a majority over him, but it not a large one.

dmills
Originally posted by Simbon
I like this, but like others have said, 3 and 4 should be higher up. Terrax may job, but he has incredible power -- heroes don't get hit with his axe because they're heroes, but it is one of the deadliest weapons wielded by a herald-level character, since it can basically one-shot any herald level character it hits. I still give Nova a majority over him, but it not a large one.

Yeah I hear you. It gets pretty tricky ranking Galactus's heralds once you get past Nova (Frankie) and Air Walker.

Terrax is a character that I think is in a similar boat as Apocalypse. Never quite written to his potential.

Ambient
But it was stated on panel, so again I'm not sure what the dispute is. Just to further the point, Queen Adora even said that their effort was futile which is why I assume that Gladiator and the Imperial Guard were called in for support.

Well the dispute was a fully powered bloodlusted Nova oneshotting Firelord which really never happened, heck even the beating from Supernova that put FL in a coma.. This in accordance to you was clear indication that fully powered Nova > Heralds, to which i disagree and argued.. Now as far as FL showing in the Starlost story line this was actually impressive, i mean he took fully power Nova's best shot without any lasting damage and the statement being thrown in that crossover was pretty hilarious, i mean they've got FireStar > FL or AW, heralds supposedly unable to open or power up a stargate, so i really can't take they're monoloque seriously, its like the same thing as Surfer saying he could actually hurt LT which he actually said it on panel..

Really what im trying to point out is that blood lusted Nova would have quite a diff. time taking out a majority against FL let alone some of the higher heralds on the list.. Current evidence provided is just not enough for me to say he clears it..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.