Amped Doom runs Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Dr. Doom with a GL power Ring runs the following Gauntlet:

1. Red Tornado
2. Magneto
3. Superboy (Kon-El)
4. Kilowog
5. Ronan the Accuser
6. Nova Prime
7. Sinestro
8. Black Adam
9. Thanos

Stipulation # 1: He starts off with only full KNOWLEDGE of how the ring works, but no experience. Each fight he gets through grants him 1 year worth of experience using the ring. Thus, the more battles he wins the more experience he gains.

Stipulation # 2: The entire Gauntlet is Bloodlusted.

Stipulation # 3: Doom gets full charge to ring after each fight.

Disclaimer: Remember this is Doom who's will is greater than most in comics, and he's weilding a weapon limited only by willpower and imagination.

Is his will indominable enough to get through?

Lord Feron
I think His will is extreamly powerful so I think anything he does or wills to happen will be powerful. But I don't think in the 1st couple of matches he will have fine tuned control of constructs like a seasoned vertren.

IMO i think he would be able to rely on sheilds on blasting power in the 1st couple of fights. I feel that he get to Thanos.

JakeTheBank
He gets to Thanos.

Sundipped
He gets to Thanos in every stipulation except #2. A bloodlusted BA is going to give him problems.

Cogito
Originally posted by Sundipped
He gets to Thanos in every stipulation except #2. A bloodlusted BA is going to give him problems.

They're stipulations, not scenarios. They all apply to each fight.

I'd say he might go 5/10 against a bloodlusted BA. Definitely doesn't get through Thanos. A bloodlusted Sinestro I could also see taking maybe 2-3/10

Harbinger
Stops at Sinestro.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Cogito

Correct

nimbus006
Originally posted by Harbinger
Stops at Sinestro.

First of all, I think this fight would be epic.

However, IMO, Doom with 6 years experience using the ring + plus full knowledge of it's capabilities can take Sinestro. Can you imagine the constructs Doom would create with his mind. Considering his mystic nature and all the crazy places he's been and things he's seen. eek!

Sundipped
Originally posted by Cogito

I'd say he might go 5/10 against a bloodlusted BA. Definitely doesn't get through Thanos. A bloodlusted Sinestro I could also see taking maybe 2-3/10

Right. Im so used to seeing situations numbered, I took it for that.

Parmaniac
Why is Magneto on 2?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Why is Magneto on 2?

Primarily because Superboy and Kilowog have experience fighting against a GL Ring, and because I wanted a tougher matchup for Doom early on when he had less experience using the ring.

BattleMage
He clears it. And he doesn't need a GL ring to beat most of them if not all.

nimbus006
Originally posted by BattleMage
He clears it. And he doesn't need a GL ring to beat most of them if not all.

Yea, I'd love to see Doom take down Sinestro, BA, or Thanos with no prep, lol. In fact, everyone save Red Tornado is above Doom in pure power output. In a non prep fight he goes down to the majority of them.

Mindset
With energy + magic in pure power output Doom can at least match half the people here.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
With energy + magic in pure power output Doom can at least match half the people here.

This. Doom's tech + magic + GL ring = he's not lacking in firepower or defenses. At all.

nimbus006
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
This. Doom's tech + magic + GL ring = he's not lacking in firepower or defenses. At all.

I was referring to Doom without the ring.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by nimbus006
I was referring to Doom without the ring.

Even without the ring, his firepower from his suit's armaments and mysticism is enough to harm beings such as Sentry.

nimbus006
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Even without the ring, his firepower from his suit's armaments and mysticism is enough to harm beings such as Sentry.

So is Tony Stark's armor. That doesn't mean it's more powerful.

I'll give you Red Tornado/Superboy, and maybe Kilowog/Ronan (imo, he's not). The rest of this gauntlet is above Doom in terms of raw power output.

BattleMage
Originally posted by nimbus006
So is Tony Stark's armor. That doesn't mean it's more powerful.

I'll give you Red Tornado/Superboy, and maybe Kilowog/Ronan (imo, he's not). The rest of this gauntlet is above Doom in terms of raw power output. You just don't know what he has in his armor huh?!

nimbus006
Originally posted by BattleMage
You just don't know what he has in his armor huh?!

I know exactly what he has in his armor.

That's how I know he isn't doesn't have the raw power of Magento, Sinestro, Nova Prime, BA, and Thanos. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.