Captain America vs. Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trackz
movie versions, open arena, standard equipment.

Psychotron
Haven't seen Captain America, what are his feats?

KingD19
From what I see, Blade took on La Magra/Deacon Frost, Nomak, and Dracula. Nomak and Dracula are clearly stronger than Cap and Frost may be as well. Frost was faster by a large margin, etc..

Blade fought opponents who were more skilled, more powerful, etc.... And he did okay for himself. They were also extremely hard to kill, whereas Cap aside from all his skill, is still a human who can get stabbed and die.

The Nuul
Cap

the ninjak
I was gonna make this but KO only. Blade aint gonna kill no hero and neither is Cap.

Cap wins if lethal force is removed.

Trackz
Originally posted by the ninjak
I was gonna make this but KO only. Blade aint gonna kill no hero and neither is Cap.

Cap wins if lethal force is removed.

Why wouldn't Blade kill a hero...or Cap for that matter?

Neither know of each other to know that the other is a hero.

I made no limitations, they're trying to win.

Trackz
Originally posted by Psychotron
Haven't seen Captain America, what are his feats?

Kept up with a 1940's automobile (running speed).

One-shots a bunch of people and sends them flying.

Bends some type of metal.

Nothing else comes to mind.

Impediment
Blade wins.

The Nuul
Imp, have u even seen Cap yet?

Impediment
Yep, and Cap doesn't have throwing stakes, shurikens, a sword, or an uzi.

Cap is a bad sumb|tch with his shield, but Blade has every advantage.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Trackz
Why wouldn't Blade kill a hero...or Cap for that matter?

Neither know of each other to know that the other is a hero.

I made no limitations, they're trying to win.

Captain America was a heroic symbol to everybody during WWII! An Icon known and remembered by all.

And becoming common knowledge that he is alive in the modern age as an Avenger, Blade would recognise him instantly!

Blade aint killing no icon of heroism. He'll resort to KO if Cap tries to arrest him.

Blade only kills Vamps and there familiars. And Cap aint either.

Impediment
If this is no limits, then Blade will definitely kill to survive.

Darth Martin
Captain America appears to be stronger and a faster runner. But I'd give Blade the durability and speed edge as far as dodging objects like bullets. Not to mention we didn't really see any agility feats from Rogers in the film. Blade, on the other hand, we do see some.

Blade also has a massive advantage in brutality, fighting skill, and experience. Blade would've kicked Red Skull's ass if they traded places methinks.

Trackz
Captain America was a heroic symbol to everybody during WWII! An Icon known and remembered by all.

And becoming common knowledge that he is alive in the modern age as an Avenger, Blade would recognise him instantly!

Blade aint killing no icon of heroism. He'll resort to KO if Cap tries to arrest him.

Blade only kills Vamps and there familiars. And Cap aint either.

He only hunts vampire/familiars. He'll put down anyone who gets in his way though.

Trackz
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Captain America appears to be stronger and a faster runner. But I'd give Blade the durability and speed edge as far as dodging objects like bullets. Not to mention we didn't really see any agility feats from Rogers in the film. Blade, on the other hand, we do see some.

Blade also has a massive advantage in brutality, fighting skill, and experience. Blade would've kicked Red Skull's ass if they traded places methinks.

He didn't do much with his strength other than bend a metal pole did he?

We don't know Blade's flatfoot speed, but Cap did keep up with a 1950s's automobile which was crazy (how fast do those go?)

juggernaut74
Who is stronger? Blade has some pretty damm nice feats of strength like kicking Triple H through a thick metal door and catching a sword with his palm.

Lord Lucien
What's with all the Blade threads recently?

juggernaut74
Blade always comes up in movie vs discussions for some reason.

DarkNemesis
Blade hands down. He's stronger, faster, more durable, and has much better weapons.

Impediment
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
Blade hands down. He's stronger, faster, more durable, and has much better weapons.

This.

BruceSkywalker

Can Blade's weapons hurt the shield?

Psychotron
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Isn't the shield indestructible?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Psychotron
Isn't the shield indestructible?

yep and it was shown to be

DarkNemesis

They won't, but IMO Blade's superior physical stats and better weapons in general will allow him to overcome it.

BruceSkywalker
They won't, but IMO Blade's superior physical stats and better weapons in general will allow him to overcome it.

not if blade gets whacked upside the head with Cap's shield

AsbestosFlaygon
The only advantage Cap has is the shield.

Other than that, Movie Blade trumps him in everything.

DarkNemesis
not if blade gets whacked upside the head with Cap's shield

I don't see the shield knocking out Blade tbh, because if I recall correctly, he took far worse beatings from Nomak and the transformed Drake (Didn't he get crushed through marble and knocked into steel bridges, doors, and stuff so hard that he left huge dents in them?). That's if the shield even manages to tag Blade, as he's considerably faster and more agile than Cap.

the ninjak
The modern day Cap armor looks like it's bulletproof.

jinXed by JaNx
Cap takes this. His shield is to much for blade. Blade would be the first to be knocked out for sure.

jinXed by JaNx

Cap is a master strategist. How does Blade have better weapons if all of his weapons can't even scratch caps shield? roll eyes (sarcastic)

KingD19
Considering Blade routinely tanks impact that are obviously much more powerful than getting hit by Cap's shield, he won't be the first ko'd by it. And Blade's general weapons are several fully automatic guns, and a sword. If Blade see's cap has a shield, he's not gonna aim center mass, he's gonna shoot him in the foot or something. And he's shown to be much faster in combat and more skilled, meaning if he closes the distance with that sword, he's gonna outfight Cap and stab him to death.

DarkNemesis
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Cap is a master strategist. How does Blade have better weapons if all of his weapons can't even scratch caps shield? roll eyes (sarcastic)

They don't have to, Blade is superior physically all across the board. Cap's shield may be able to protect him from Blade's weapons, I'll give you that, but it's not going to win the fight for him. Blade has tanked far more brutal attacks from Nomak and Demon Drake, Cap's shield isn't knocking him out. And if Blade spams Cap with automatic gunfire, forcing Cap to play defensive, he can close the distance and take him out in melee combat due to, as stated before, superior speed and skill.

Impediment
Cap has only his shield whereas Blade has hs sword, uzi, stakes, knives, fire bombs, claw bombs, and boomerang shurikens. Just because Cap s a master strategist, that doesnt make Blade any less of a proficient killer. His vampire strength and agility help him win this fight.

the ninjak
The tide will turn once we see Avengers. The armor looks like it can take bullets but First Avenger costume he goes down.

Impediment
The tide will turn once we see Avengers. The armor looks like it can take bullets but First Avenger costume he goes down.

I have to agree with that. I'm sure that S.H.I.E.L.D. will give Cap some badass new costume armor.

the ninjak
Check it out.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=42795

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Cap is a master strategist. How does Blade have better weapons if all of his weapons can't even scratch caps shield? roll eyes (sarcastic) Because his weapons have more variety? Cap was never shown to be a master strategist.

Impediment
Cap is a boy scout. Blade fights dirty.

srankmissingnin
Captain America lifted and held a motorcycle above his head with three chicks sitting on it, in his USO show. I'm pretty sure he is stronger than Blade.

Movie Cap effortlessly trashed human fodder, movie Blade effortlessly trashed superhuman fodder. I think movie Cap was physically superior, but Blade has more experience fighting superhumans and a more diverse arsenal of weaponry, which should give him the edge.

McNasty996
Bump

quanchi112
Cap wins.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Cap wins.
How? Blade keeps too man weapons on him and he outclasses cap in everyway not to mention he simply fights better

quanchi112
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
How? Blade keeps too man weapons on him and he outclasses cap in everyway not to mention he simply fights better Baseless claims are all I hear.

BruceSkywalker
Cap stomps and stomps hard.....

DrDeadpool
Cap wins.

Zack M
Originally posted by Darth Martin

thumb up

Arachnid1
Cap stomps and stomps hard..... This.

Surtur
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
How? Blade keeps too man weapons on him and he outclasses cap in everyway not to mention he simply fights better

How does he outclass Cap in every way? Blade has no strength feats that even compare with Cap preventing that helicopter from flying away.

Zack M
Blade cuts his arms off, anyway.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Zack M
Blade cuts his arms off, anyway. lol

BruceSkywalker
Blade cuts his arms off, anyway.

not happening

Zack M
Then he'll cut off his legs.

BruceSkywalker
Then he'll cut off his legs.

not happening either

carver9
Blade wins every single match between these two. Call is good but not blade good.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by carver9
Blade wins every single match between these two. Call is good but not blade good.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Surtur
How does he outclass Cap in every way? Blade has no strength feats that even compare with Cap preventing that helicopter from flying away.
That's no strength feat any man could've done that...

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Surtur

The helicopter appears to be a Eurocopter Astar B2. Not a chopper enthusiast, so correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.corporatehelicopters.com/about/helicopters-san-diego/helicopter-eurocopter-astar-as350/

Empty weight: 2,584 lbs
Max takeoff weight with external load: 5,512 lbs

Question: does max takeoff weight count the aircraft's weight with it? Or does it only mean max load period? It certainly looks like the latter as the "useful load" spec is lower than the empty weight. So it looks like 5,512 lbs is the number we need to look at.

Nibedicus
Researched it a bit. Max takeoff has empty weight added to it. So well around 3k lbs weight/lift.

Nibedicus
Edit. Also had not considered fuel weight, etc. looks closer to 2k lbs now. I think. ;p

Juk3n
Blade catches a speeding train and keeps bis grip through a dislocated shoulder. Speeding train force vs mini chopper taking off? Mkay thanks for playing.

Also, Blade survives building falls and lands on his feet instead of on his shield. The horizontal jump blade does in blade 1 from the hospital window shows me more strength. Decon frost was a bullet timer BEFORE la magra upgrade, blade kept up every step.

Cap with shield is good. And he MIGHT be able to wreck the sword. But bucky has manhandled the shield away from cap a fair few times. Blade has the tekkers to replicate.

H2h, see caps face before he falls through the glass floor of the hellicarrier, hes done, hes in no position to help himself.

TheHulk
I'm not very sure about this. Only thing Blade has a clear advantage of is agility.

Edit:But if i really had to bet. Cap 6/10

relentless1
Blade is a better martial artist

Blade is faster in h2h but Cap would most likely beat him in a footrace

Blade is as durable if not more so (jumping out of skyscraper windows, catching a train, getting kicked through doors and walls)

Blade has better weaponry than Cap; the shield is beast but no match for guns, glaives and a sword

Cap is probably stronger though

I say Blade would win 6/10

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Juk3n
Blade catches a speeding train and keeps bis grip through a dislocated shoulder. Speeding train force vs mini chopper taking off? Mkay thanks for playing.

Wait. Did he STOP the speeding train? I don't remember this happening. Or did he latch onto a speeding train with his arm (w/c would be basically be just his weight being accelerated from 0 to the train's speed, we can compare that relative to the G's he experienced and quantify the force he experienced). Can you provide details so we can quantify the "feat"?

To everyone else: What's with all the downplaying? There is no need to play the downplay game for either character's "feats". Both characters are cool. Best we just supply the best "feats" of each characters and try to quantify.

How about we just supply what we feel is the "best feat" for the character we feel will win WITHOUT having to talk down any of the opposing character's "feats"? Then we quantify and compare?

Darth Thor
^ He latched onto the train.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ He latched onto the train.

Ah. Sweet. Was it a Subway train (relative to the mood of the movie, I'm assuming it is)?

Edit. And w/c movie? So I can place where the train was and know what kinda train it is.

juggerman
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Ah. Sweet. Was it a Subway train (relative to the mood of the movie, I'm assuming it is)?

Edit. And w/c movie? So I can place where the train was and know what kinda train it is.

Subway train in Blade I

Nibedicus
It's been a while since I've watched Blade, but I'm assuming LA Subway train?

juggerman
I forget where it takes place. I thought NY

Nibedicus
Well NY and LA subways go around an average speed of 35mph. I'm thinking this is about the same for most major cities so a fair assessment would be 35mph IMO. Please someone correct this number if you know something I'm not considering. stick out tongue

carver9
Blades was also body slammed so hard that the entire floor gave way. They went straight through concrete and he was still fighting afterwards. Blade stomps.

Darth Thor
Well NY and LA subways go around an average speed of 35mph. I'm thinking this is about the same for most major cities so a fair assessment would be 35mph IMO. Please someone correct this number if you know something I'm not considering. stick out tongue

Is that it? I remember it seeming faster. The Vanpires chasing them who were left behind seemed like they were running super fast IIRC.

Scoobless
The final fight with Nomak in Blade 2 was (IMHO) beyond Cap's ability to replicate.

carver9
Originally posted by Scoobless
The final fight with Nomak in Blade 2 was (IMHO) beyond Cap's ability to replicate.

All of Blade fights are beyond Cap abilities to handle. Blade ending fight and this includes the club scene as well.

juggerman
Originally posted by carver9
All of Blade fights are beyond Cap abilities to handle. Blade ending fight and this includes the club scene as well.

Not all. But his main fights are imo

cdtm
Cap winning that tug of war with Spidey, is that even possible without PIS?

Assuming kid Spidey is a 10 tonner. (Because if he was a 1-2 tonner, he'd be much less than proportionate strength of a spider)..

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by cdtm

Assuming kid Spidey is a 10 tonner. (Because if he was a 1-2 tonner, he'd be much less than proportionate strength of a spider)..
That scene was extreme PIS...spidey can handle bucky and falcon simultaneously no problem...cap treats him like a child.
Cap couldn't handle both falcon and bucky nor could he casually catch a punch from bucky

Nibedicus
Well, ppl tossing in too many "feats" around and I'm not about to quantify each and every one. stick out tongue

I'll be back here to look at the "feats" being argued and maybe we can work together to quantify and compare.

Juk3n
Originally posted by cdtm

Weight and leverage. Cap weighs more, and is strong enough to lift pete.

0mega Spawn
Weight and leverage. Cap weighs more, and is strong enough to lift pete.
You do know spidy is superhuman and farrrrrr stronger than capno expression

Darth Thor
^ No ones arguing that. But Cap put his whole body strength into those pulls. Because he's more experienced and a much better fighter/tactician than Spidey at this point. Plus Cap has some beastly strength himself.

Nibedicus
The Spiderman car-catch in CW was 3000 lbs at 40mph right?

Anyway, math shows that to be at 2.5 ton-force.

The same amount of force that Spidey managed to catch with little trouble and without losing his footing.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that, physics-wise, Cap needed to generate pull beyond that in order to pull in Spiderman?

juggernaut74
Is that it? I remember it seeming faster. The Vanpires chasing them who were left behind seemed like they were running super fast IIRC. The train seemed to be moving faster than 35 but it's been years since I saw that movie.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The train seemed to be moving faster than 35 but it's been years since I saw that movie.

Well, unless it's a fictional train from another time/place, then we have to base it on NY/LA subway trains and they go at that speed (top speed of 55 but they never ever go at that speed).

0mega Spawn

The same amount of force that Spidey managed to catch with little trouble and without losing his footing.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that, physics-wise, Cap needed to generate pull beyond that in order to pull in Spiderman?
Dont make me dislike cap with that bs lol

Juk3n

No. Thats not how physics works. Pete weighs 160lbs, Cap weighs 200lbs. It doesn't matter how strong pete is, if he's caught a little off balance then the strength counts for less.

Thor is miles stronger than Cap. Cap can suplex thor.

Darth Thor
Also depends how much strength Spidey was putting in. It seemed like Cap was using his whole body strength to overpower Parker's wrist strength.

cdtm
No. Thats not how physics works. Pete weighs 160lbs, Cap weighs 200lbs. It doesn't matter how strong pete is, if he's caught a little off balance then the strength counts for less.

Peter "sticks" to surfaces, though.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I take that scene as nothing more than PIS. Not only that, but there are other factors involved than just arm strength. Pete could've just been using that, and was caught of guard by Cap's initial full weight pull. Plus Cap weighs more, so if he got Pete moving a bit, this would be a factor that had nothing to do with strength.

Let's be real here. If Pete was trying to move Cap and was braced, Cap would be moved. I can see no other way. We've seen Pete, a noob, casually catch WS arm and twist it. Cap could never, and has never replicated this. In fact, he's been directly overpowered by the arm a few times. Spiderman's strength feats are beyond Cap's as well. So that scene was directly related to it being a Cap movie. Nothing more, nothing less. PIS

Nibedicus

Yes yes. I know how simple real world physics work man. With the amount of "quantification" I do, I better. Lol. stick out tongue

That is why I used that example specifically.

The same "comic-book movie physics law" that prevented Spiderman (a 160 lbs kid) to instantly stop and catch a 3000 lbs car traveling at 40mph without flying back into the bus should have stopped him from being pulled by a spinning 250 (?) lbs Steve.

Do we ignore the strict application of physics for one instance and simply allow it for another? Or should we be consistent (based on character showings) across the board?

And it doesn't look like he was caught off balance either, he was braced and pulling against Cap's strength (1:43).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDftrHk0PwM

Admittedly, the scene is a bit of a head scratcher for me, too.

Edit. Here is the Spiderman car catch (0:58).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHKCcEcljCM

TheHulk
I saw the movie twice and the scene is quite burnt to my brain, as i myself was shocked that Cap managed to do that to Spidey. Either way, yes, Cap kinda outright overpowered Spider using his body and no, Spiderman was in a full braced position using his arm(and possibly back strength) to pull back Cap. Call it PIS if you will...but it happened.

Edit: Actually from watching the video Nibe posted. The best we can say is Cap slightly took Spidey by surprise and in the instant Peter was of balance...yeah...

Darth Thor

And it doesn't look like he was caught off balance either, he was braced and pulling against Cap's strength (1:43).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDftrHk0PwM

Admittedly, the scene is a bit of a head scratcher for me, too.

Ah watch it in slow mo, and he didn't actually overpower Spidey until he turned around and did that spin. So looks like some leverage and catching him off balance thing to me. At 1:46 he turns around and puts his hands together and then pulls (while Spidey's arms are still apart). Then @ 1:47 he properly overpowers him with that spin.

If Cap was just outright stronger he wouldn't need that spin to overpower Spidey in strength, and wouldn't have needed to turn around just to get a bit of leverage or whatever.

Edit, also when Spidey webs him from behind @ 1:42-1:44 he should have gone for his legs again just like IM told him. He did that the first time, even said that's what IM told him to do, and then when he's got him from behind he suddenly goes for his arms??

Noob Spidey at this stage I guess.

Nibedicus
Ah watch it in slow mo, and he didn't actually overpower Spidey until he turned around and did that spin. So looks like some leverage and catching him off balance thing to me. At 1:46 he turns around and puts his hands together and then pulls (while Spidey's arms are still apart). Then @ 1:47 he properly overpowers him with that spin.

If Cap was just outright stronger he wouldn't need that spin to overpower Spidey in strength, and wouldn't have needed to turn around just to get a bit of leverage or whatever.

Edit, also when Spidey webs him from behind @ 1:42-1:44 he should have gone for his legs again just like IM told him. He did that the first time, even said that's what IM told him to do, and then when he's got him from behind he suddenly goes for his arms??

Noob Spidey at this stage I guess.

Well, it's no question that Spiderman was "surprised" by Cap's sudden tug. But, the point stands: He was braced and pulling against Cap. An extremely minor angle change and a sudden application of force by Cap would have still needed to overcome the strength/resistance needed to stop a car moving at 40 mph. There is no going around this. It would need for Spiderman to somehow relax his grip/stance for this to make sense.

Darth Thor
Not arguing Cap must have used tremendous strength to accomplish that feat. Just arguing he's still probably not as strong as Spidey.

Nibedicus
Well of course he shouldn't be as strong as Spidey. stick out tongue

Like I said, headscratcher scene. Prolly a major Capwank from the writers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
PIS is PIS. They are by definition head scratchers

Nibedicus
Well, we can always call it PIS if we want. But then again, we can start doing that to every "feat" we don't like. /shrug

Ppl would then pick and choose what they want to call PIS.

Like when a person who has never (not once) shown the hand speed required to catch a bullet being able to do so.

KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL HAHA

Difference here is, Pete has strength feats superior to Cap, and decidedly so. So how could Cap overpower him, unless there was something else going on there? Not only are his feats superior, we know they are based on comic book characters, where again, Pete clearly outshines him, and by a lot. Then we have WS arm directly overpowering Cap on a few occasions. Well Pete casually overpowered that, so how could he be stronger? This all points to PIS.

On the contrary, nothing has been shown to contradict said speed. He wasn't hit by punches, nor kicks, in fact, he wasn't hit once. He raises his arm casually after a knife is thrown by an expert point blank no issue. He moved so fast a trained commando couldn't even track his movement. Even while having 15 to 20 feet of distance between them to start. Ozy was later shown dodging bullet fire and casually doing so. You could have a point if he was hit by those bullets, or hit by punches, only he never was... not once. Nice try though big bud lol

Nibedicus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL HAHA

Difference here is, Pete has strength feats superior to Cap, and decidedly so. So how could Cap overpower him, unless there was something else going on there? Not only are his feats superior, we know they are based on comic book characters, where again, Pete clearly outshines him, and by a lot. Then we have WS arm directly overpowering Cap on a few occasions. Well Pete casually overpowered that, so how could he be stronger? This all points to PIS.

On the contrary, nothing has been shown to contradict said speed. He wasn't hit by punches, nor kicks, in fact, he wasn't hit once. He raises his arm casually after a knife is thrown by an expert point blank no issue. He moved so fast a trained commando couldn't even track his movement. Even while having 15 to 20 feet of distance between them to start. Ozy was later shown dodging bullet fire and casually doing so. You could have a point if he was hit by those bullets, or hit by punches, only he never was... not once. Nice try though big bud lol

And this is where the picking and choosing happens.

Find reasons to justify one "feat" and then use PIS to try and ignore another.

I do not subscribe to this logic tho I will not fault ppl for doing so.

Darth Thor
Cap only properly overpowered Spidey's strength with that spin he did. It's not like he matched him in an arm wrestle.

Also even when they're pulling at each other you clearly see the strain on Cap's face. Obviously we can't see Parker's face but doubtful he was straining as much.

StiltmanFTW
Steve was going easy on Puny Parker, agreed thumb up

Nibedicus
Cap only properly overpowered Spidey's strength with that spin he did. It's not like he matched him in an arm wrestle.

Also even when they're pulling at each other you clearly see the strain on Cap's face. Obviously we can't see Parker's face but doubtful he was straining as much.

I know that, though. Really, I do.

My point is not that Cap beat Spiderman strength-wise when both parties were able to equally apply their strength.

My point is that in order for Cap to make Spiderman lose his footing and get tossed like that, the pull he needed to apply had to at least exceed the force of that moving car Spidey easily managed to catch without getting tossed or losing his footing.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah was definitely a beastly feat by Cap. Given Spidey caught the car easily (well seemed like it).

KuRuPT Thanosi
My problem is, those aren't really the same forces at work. One was an object coming at Pete and he had to stop it and lift it. The other is getting pulled against your will. For example, the forces required to stop a moving car going 40... aren't the same as a car going 40 trying to pull you. Not to mention slightly different muscles focus.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
My problem is, those aren't really the same forces at work. One was an object coming at Pete and he had to stop it and lift it. The other is getting pulled against your will. For example, the forces required to stop a moving car going 40... aren't the same as a car going 40 trying to pull you. Not to mention slightly different muscles focus.

Yes, minor differences between the "forces" involved. But force is just that. Force. Mass times acceleration. One just happens to be pulling him forward the other was pushing him back. Both were sudden and covered about the same amount of time (split-seconds). And he didn't just "stop and lift it", he stopped its forward momentum. "Lifting" something DOES NOT in any way stop it's forward movement. The amount of counter-force he needed to stop the car needed to be equivalent to the forward momentum it was generating. The same counter-force that he should still be able to apply against Cap seeing that he was braced during the exchange.

You can nitpick at minor differences between "feats, sure. But the same can be done to just about any "feat" that can be mentioned when in comparison to the other. There is very little difference in muscle tone for Peter for us to conclude that his pull muscles are less developed than his push muscles. "Proportional strength of a spider" would have to be applied for all his muscle groups after all.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't disagree with most of what you bud, but none the less they are clearly different in the force application for both, and the muscles that relates to. Anyways, I agree with you, but I just want to say one thing.

In Re: calling feats PIS and the slippery slope meaning behind that. Well, I would submit that there are various levels are clear PIS; such that there shouldn't be a logic argument for it to count. On the other side, there could be situations where it's close enough to other things they've shown or potential; that it has to be accepted. If not, how else would people ever have feats? They wouldn't. I think those situations happen often, where they are believable. This is in between both. It's too inconsistent to be the later, but it doesn't fit with the former either. Could there be ambiguity there/ Sure, but I would submit, I can't see it being the later, and you seem to possible think it could.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.