Amy Winehouse found dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Pict
Apparently she was found dead in her flat due to an OD.

Thoughts?

Were you a fan?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018020/Amy-Winehouse-dead--Found-dead-London-flat.html

That ACDC Chick
im not a fan necessarily, but i recognize that she had a great singing voice and that it's so tragic for her to have wasted it

Doc Blake
I was not a fan of hers although she did have an incredible voice. Very sad news.

Mist_haermm
Not to sound like a ****, but who didn't see that coming.

Peach
So...nearly 100 people killed in a shooting/bombing in Norway...and this is what people care about.

Harbinger
^ Making a 10-20 second comment on a random message board means you care less about what happened in Norway? That's a hell of a leap in logic.

The Pict
Originally posted by Peach
So...nearly 100 people killed in a shooting/bombing in Norway...and this is what people care about.

Maybe people hadn't heard about what happened in Norway erm

Originally posted by Harbinger
^ Making a 10-20 second comment on a random message board means you care less about what happened in Norway? That's a hell of a leap in logic.

thumb up

Peach
Originally posted by The Pict
Maybe people hadn't heard about what happened in Norway erm

thumb up

It's been all over everything since yesterday morning...I find it hard to believe that people have heard about Amy Winehouse being dead when that was just announced in the past hour but not what's been going on in Norway.

Grinning Goku
It's been all over everything since yesterday morning...I find it hard to believe that people have heard about Amy Winehouse being dead when that was just announced in the past hour but not what's been going on in Norway.

Judgmental much?

The Pict

I made a thread about it because it was just announced and I thought it was a worthy topic to discuss. Not my fault no one has mentioned Norway.

Bardock42

I could care about both, but do about neither.

That ACDC Chick
i don't check news outlets that much, so i only just hard about the Norway bombings until i went to yahoo to check my emails last night erm
same with how i only just found out that there's a heat wave in effect covering most of the States haermm
i thought it was just really ****ing hot like it always is in the summer in my area haermm

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6168/slowpoke.png

Bardock42
Forget what I said first, this is what I should have said instead:

"So....I guess she won't be going to rehab after all"

Thank you, thank you.

LanceWindu

Where's the Dislike button for KMC? Your post is very quick to jump to judgement.

I heard about the Norway bombing/shooting as it happened, I talked about it yesterday with people. I'm still reading up on it and gathering more information.

Amy Winehouse's death, which everyone saw coming, is still breaking news to me.

Slay
Originally posted by Bardock42
I could care about both, but do about neither.

My sentiments exactly...

Mr. Rhythmic
I know nothing about her, but may she rest in peace.

Mr. Rhythmic

I care about that a lot, and I know a lot of other people that do as well. Just because the media is fame hungry doesn't mean everyone is.

steverules_2
I do know her and whilst it's sad it's not something that comes as a huge surprise to me...the lifestyle she had, drugs and alcahol...it was bound to happen unless she cleaned up and I guess she didn't cause now she's dead from an overdose

LanceWindu
She should have gone to rehab, but she said "No, no, no!".

Impediment
Winning.

steverules_2
Originally posted by LanceWindu

Saw that on a show she was on as a guest...a pop quiz...guess the next line...they basically did the same joke but in a different way

Bardock42
Forget what I said first, this is what I should have said instead:

"So....I guess she won't be going to rehab after all"

Thank you, thank you. Originally posted by LanceWindu

Really now? uhuh

LanceWindu
Really now? uhuh

Yes. psycho

Bardock42
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Yes. psycho

I'll sue you. See you in joke court!!!

Bigon
She was truly awful and talentless, but I am sorry for her nonetheless.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Bigon
She was truly awful and talentless, but I am sorry for her nonetheless.

Yet, she has probably accomplished more than you have, nonetheless.

~JP~
Ah yes, the typical ***** has done more, made more, had more than you ever will comeback. I dont understand why people fall back on that lame-assed post whenever someone doesn't care about a particular celebrity/cause that they do.

Contrary to what you think, many of us are/were FAR from being jealous of AW. This news wasn't neither a shock or earth shattering in my world. She was a screwed up, train wreck of a mess. Oh yeah, I really, really wanna be just like her. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

And lastly, I gotta go with Ken on the post about Lana jumping the original poster. Jeez woman.

steverules_2
Well this has gotten out of hand fairly early on

Thoren
Closing in 3.....2......?

That ACDC Chick
moving in 3....2....?

BruceSkywalker
i have absolutely no sympathy for drug addicts and alcoholics

Sancty
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i have absolutely no sympathy for drug addicts and alcoholics Why?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Sancty
Why?

If I may...the reason being is that they have an addiction and rather than try and get help they decide to throw their life away. I mean lets face it we're all taught about the effects of drugs and so on and what they can do and yet people still decide to do it. Thus Bruce has no sympathy for them...because they decided to go down a bad path in their life.

Originally posted by steverules_2
If I may...the reason being is that they have an addiction and rather than try and get help they decide to throw their life away. I mean lets face it we're all taught about the effects of drugs and so on and what they can do and yet people still decide to do it. Thus Bruce has no sympathy for them...because they decided to go down a bad path in their life.

Not all addicts are the same. Some people try with all their will to kick habits but for one reason or another they fail. To class all addicts in the same bracket is incredibly childish.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by The Pict
Apparently she was found dead in her flat due to an OD.

Thoughts?

Were you a fan?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018020/Amy-Winehouse-dead--Found-dead-London-flat.html

I think it's a bit sad but not unexpected, Edinburgh...never a fan though.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by ~JP~
Ah yes, the typical ***** has done more, made more, had more than you ever will comeback. I dont understand why people fall back on that lame-assed post whenever someone doesn't care about a particular celebrity/cause that they do.

Contrary to what you think, many of us are/were FAR from being jealous of AW. This news wasn't neither a shock or earth shattering in my world. She was a screwed up, train wreck of a mess. Oh yeah, I really, really wanna be just like her. roll eyes (sarcastic) I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

And lastly, I gotta go with Ken on the post about Lana jumping the original poster. Jeez woman.

Wow. You've really let this work you up. Relax, son. I don't give a crap about her. I just stated an opinion to get someone riled up. It worked better than I thought it would.

Nivvy
It's how I felt with Steve Irwin, and currently feel about Bear Grylls.

steverules_2
Originally posted by 003
Not all addicts are the same. Some people try with all their will to kick habits but for one reason or another they fail. To class all addicts in the same bracket is incredibly childish.

But they still had a choice from the start, they knew what they were doing was wrong...I doubt someone held a gun to their head and said 'Here take some drugs....stay up till 9!' But yes...some do try to quit, I was just simply stating though why someone would feel no sympathy towards someone who takes drugs or is an alcoholic.

Scythe
WAIT?! Bear Grylls is dead?!

RE: Blaxican
So...nearly 100 people killed in a shooting/bombing in Norway...and this is what people care about. haermm

Syren
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
im not a fan necessarily, but i recognize that she had a great singing voice and that it's so tragic for her to have wasted it

This yes

Originally posted by Harbinger

My thoughts exactly. Harsh, Lana erm

You'd better believe it, though. I knew about Amy Winehouse first, because I saw someone mention it on Facebook and looked it up. Then when I logged into my email I saw the news about Norway. Don't watch tv in our house so wouldn't have seen the news on there etc. Bit presumptuous to think everyone follows media coverage the same way as you.

Insomniatric
This confused me, I thought she died a while ago...

But they still had a choice from the start, they knew what they were doing was wrong...I doubt someone held a gun to their head and said 'Here take some drugs....stay up till 9!' But yes...some do try to quit, I was just simply stating though why someone would feel no sympathy towards someone who takes drugs or is an alcoholic.

With an attitude like that I hope you never fall on hard times.

Kharhmah
Originally posted by Syren

You'd better believe it, though. I knew about Amy Winehouse first, because I saw someone mention it on Facebook and looked it up. Then when I logged into my email I saw the news about Norway. Don't watch tv in our house so wouldn't have seen the news on there etc. Bit presumptuous to think everyone follows media coverage the same way as you.
Same, believe it or not. yes

steverules_2
Originally posted by 003
With an attitude like that I hope you never fall on hard times.

I don't do drugs so I doubt that I will and I'm no alcoholic. People know what kind of effects drugs have, I know what they can do hence why I have never done drugs. By all means try and help drug addicts and what not but in the end it's them who decided to experiment with drugs in the first place and thats why they got hooked.

I don't do drugs so I doubt that I will and I'm no alcoholic. People know what kind of effects drugs have, I know what they can do hence why I have never done drugs. By all means try and help drug addicts and what not but in the end it's them who decided to experiment with drugs in the first place and thats why they got hooked.

As someone who has worked with addicts I can say with complete confidence that your comments are uneducated and very imature.

Syren

Yes, yes, you're fantastically big and clever because you've never experimented roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop being so close-minded. Experimenting with something does not equal addiction. It takes a LOT more than just trying something to develop into an addict.

She had so many more problems than a lack of self control. I feel hugely sorry for her and the unhappy life she must have had which led to her death. It's not only the drugs, they were her form of escapism and good for you if you've never needed to find something to lose yourself in just to escape the pain of your life. I'm pleased for you, but there's no need to act like she deserved to die and state that you have no sympathy. That's terribly cold.

steverules_2
Really not allowed to post here am I

Really not allowed to post here am I

You are without doubt the most imature and closed minded person I have ever come across. It is time you got your head out of your ass and joined the real world.

you get thorns
Originally posted by Insomniatric
This confused me, I thought she died a while ago...

Nope, she just looked it.

Originally posted by 003

They have a nice medical term called "addictive personality".
It is a fancy way of saying weak willed. Apparently some in the medical community believe addicts are wired differently than people that can say no or stop when they are ahead. I couldn't tell you if that is 100% correct but it has been around for a while. Explains a lot. We just have more and better avenues to fail now but we always have managed to find one regardless, haven't we?

steverules_2
Originally posted by 003
You are without doubt the most imature and closed minded person I have ever come across. It is time you got your head out of your ass and joined the real world.

Well clearly you spend a lot of time in the real world, your an internet forum and I'm the 'most imature and closed minded person I have ever come across.' You must not get out a lot.

Badabing
Yes, yes, you're fantastically big and clever because you've never experimented roll eyes (sarcastic)

Stop being so close-minded. Experimenting with something does not equal addiction. It takes a LOT more than just trying something to develop into an addict.

She had so many more problems than a lack of self control. I feel hugely sorry for her and the unhappy life she must have had which led to her death. It's not only the drugs, they were her form of escapism and good for you if you've never needed to find something to lose yourself in just to escape the pain of your life. I'm pleased for you, but there's no need to act like she deserved to die and state that you have no sympathy. That's terribly cold. durpalmOriginally posted by 003
You are without doubt the most imature and closed minded person I have ever come across. It is time you got your head out of your ass and joined the real world. durbaby

Anyway, Winehouse was talented. Too bad her demons consumed her. RIP

dadudemon
I knew who Amy Whinehouse was from people talking about her.

However, I have only seen pictures of her. She always looked like a drug addict to me and that was exactly what she was, apparantly. Based on all the stuff I've read on Facebook from my friends, I am inclined to be unhappy about her passing. Not because I cared about Amy, but because I care about my real friends. She brought joy to them, so why should I not feel a least a little bad that my friends lost someone they cared about?

I'm not going to try and sound cool by saying I don't care even a tiny bit about her passing, because I cannot honestly say that for the reason I outlined above. RIP, Amy.

Well clearly you spend a lot of time in the real world, your an internet forum and I'm the 'most imature and closed minded person I have ever come across.' You must not get out a lot.

Indeed because I'm obviously the most immature and closed minded person, ever. AHA! laughing

steverules_2
Originally posted by dadudemon
Indeed because I'm obviously the most immature and closed minded person, ever. AHA! laughing

85cL1HisrNc

Syren
Originally posted by Badabing
durpalm durbaby

Well, you would respond that way (clever little smilies lulz) considering you're a friend of steve's. I wasn't being a *****, by the way. Just pointing out how ignorant his statements were erm

Badabing
Well, you would respond that way (clever little smilies lulz) considering you're a friend of steve's. I wasn't being a *****, by the way. Just pointing out how ignorant his statements were erm I ALWAYS respond that way. embarrasment

Modding the CB VS forum has taken a toll on my mental health...durcry2

stick out tongue

Regardless of the disgreements above, Amy Winehouse was young and talented. It's a shame her demons got the best of her.

Edit: And Steve is not my friend. He is my arch internet enemy! sneer

steverules_2
Well, you would respond that way (clever little smilies lulz) considering you're a friend of steve's. I wasn't being a *****, by the way. Just pointing out how ignorant his statements were erm

Nice

Syren
Nice

Don't guilt trip me! nono Read some of the things you said, in context. You were being an ass.

Don Corleone
steve, Bada , grow up. roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules_2
They started it grumpy

Don't guilt trip me! nono Read some of the things you said, in context. You were being an ass.

You're sexy when you're name calling g_boner

Badabing
Don't guilt trip me! nono Read some of the things you said, in context. You were being an ass. You are very strict...innuendurOriginally posted by Don Corleone
steve, Bada , grow up. roll eyes (sarcastic) Shut up. durirollOriginally posted by steverules_2
They started it grumpy

You're sexy when you're name calling g_boner ka-dur

So, is there any more news on how she died?

Syren
They started it grumpy

You're sexy when you're name calling g_boner

shock

laughing

I'm sexy all the time sly

Mist_haermm
Originally posted by Badabing
So, is there any more news on how she died?

PDnyhjtKWIo

sly

But srsly:
http://au.launch.yahoo.com/news/article/-/9904661/amy-winehouses-death-caused-by-ecstasy-tablet/

Syren
Some of those commenters are just... yeuch. I can't stand people who say things just to get a reaction and not because they truly feel that way. Having said that, some of them may genuinely believe she deserved to die. That makes them completely abhorrent.

steverules_2

Patient_Leech
Funny, I never really gave her a listen until now. The first song I listened to was You Know I'm Not Good. I really like it. And it took her dying for me to listen.. oh well.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Nivvy
It's how I felt with Steve Irwin, and currently feel about Bear Grylls.

What

Syren

Mairuzu
And Lindsay Lohan still roams the earth

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Mairuzu
And Lindsay Lohan still roams the earth

As a Highlander.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
As a Highlander.

laughing laughing laughing

Mairuzu
I don't get it. I wanna laugh erm

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I don't get it. I wanna laugh erm

izqeNpod6Mg

Mairuzu
Lol coke... a cola

Syren
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
izqeNpod6Mg

THE UPLOADER HAS NOT MADE THIS VIDEO AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY furious

lord xyz
I still don't like her. dontgetit

Thoren
I can't believe this thread got 4 pages. no expression

She didn't change the world, or contribute to it. She was an unapologetic drug addict and drunk. It's sad she was only 27, but come on, leave it alone already.

lord xyz
She was the new Pete Doherty with a lower voice and all her fans use the word "talent" when talking about her, yet I still don't even know what her talent was. ermm

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Thoren

She didn't change the world, or contribute to it. She was an unapologetic drug addict and drunk. It's sad she was only 27, but come on, leave it alone already.

It's still sad man, she died young.

I know plenty of unapologetic drug addicts and drunks who don't even know what the word "contribute" means, but it would still be sad if they died.

Syren

Thread was dead 4 hours before you and xyz revived it mmm

dadudemon
Thread was dead 4 hours before you and xyz revived it mmm

Well, the thread was dead almost 5 hours and 30 minutes before you "revived" it on the 25th.

Some of those commenters are just... yeuch. I can't stand people who say things just to get a reaction and not because they truly feel that way. Having said that, some of them may genuinely believe she deserved to die. That makes them completely abhorrent.

A few hours is no biggie on the tumble weeded OTF, these days. Agreed?

Also, was "dead" the optimal word to use in such a thread? cry

Bardock42

Well, she did have some sort of impact on the world. Definitely a lot more than I.

RE: Blaxican
ermmhappy

Syren
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, the thread was dead almost 5 hours and 30 minutes before you "revived" it on the 25th.

A few hours is no biggie on the tumble weeded OTF, these days. Agreed?

Also, was "dead" the optimal word to use in such a thread? cry

Oh, **** off, you nahuh

It wasn't a serious comment... stick out tongue

Impediment
Some of the images I have seen are achingly funny.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Impediment
Some of the images I have seen are achingly funny.

Hilarious roll eyes (sarcastic)

Impediment
You should check out the entry at Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Patient_Leech

That's a pretty f**ked up thing to say, dude. She was talented and it's sad. If YOU don't care, then don't look at the thread. : /

Did they release how she died exactly, yet? I.e. which drug(s)? Anybody know?

mikeydude
This needs a dose of...
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae181/thermo0o/cool-story-bro.jpg

King Castle
was anyone really surprise this would happen? erm

Is it okay to mock the dead or is that still taboo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.