Captain America vs. The Watchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkNemesis
http://s4.daemonsmovies.com/mov/up/2011/02/Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-movie-poster-01-thumb.jpg

Captain America from The First Avenger film takes on characters from the Watchmen in a gauntlet.

Scenario 1: Unarmed H2H battle in their costumes, no other gear is allowed.

Scenario 2: Fight with standard weapons and equipment.

Both fights take place in an arena. Here's the line-up:

1. Rorschach
2. Silk Spectre
3. Nite Owl
4. Comedian
5. Ozymandias

This thread idea stemmed from the Captain America vs. Ozymandias thread. I don't think Cap is on the level of Ozy, but I do feel like gauging out where he stands compared to the street-level Watchmen.

So, how well does he fair against each of them?

Darth Martin
Physically, he's above everyone except Veidt. With standard equipment allowed Cap should beat everyone except Veidt. No weapons allowed and I think, well, I don't know. Cap is above most of them physically but they're skill dwarfs his prowess in H2H combat.

Rorschach isn't the strongest guy but he's shown to be pretty quick. I think all of them have a solid chance against him in unarmed combat. Veidt obviously destroys him.

Lord Lucien
What, no Manhattan?

Kazenji
Starting early?

i think so.

jinXed by JaNx
With his shield, Cap would rock them all.

H2H i'd say cap makes it to ozy but no further.

the ninjak
1. H2H? Beats all of them until Ozy which would be an awesome fight. Ozy seemed to have a undertaken similar process as the SS serum. And is more experienced.

2. Standard equip? Meaning shield and fully loaded pistol with ammo.

He kills them all. Ozy may have caught 0ne bullet but he aint stopping a full clip.

DarkNemesis
Originally posted by the ninjak
1. H2H? Beats all of them until Ozy which would be an awesome fight. Ozy seemed to have a undertaken similar process as the SS serum. And is more experienced.

2. Standard equip? Meaning shield and fully loaded pistol with ammo.

He kills them all. Ozy may have caught 0ne bullet but he aint stopping a full clip.

Oh snap, forgot Cap carried a gun laughing

No worries though, I'll still allow him to have it, as most of the Watchmen did have gun-like weapons too.

But Ozy doesn't need to catch the bullets, all he needs to do is evade them like in the bogus assassination scene.

the ninjak
Originally posted by DarkNemesis
But Ozy doesn't need to catch the bullets, all he needs to do is evade them like in the bogus assassination scene.

Ozy doesn't have any CEOs to use as distractions/shields it's an arena.

DarkNemesis
It doesn't lessen the incredible speed he showed in that scene. With or without those distractions, he evaded those bullets and was moving at regular speeds while everyone else, including the gunman, were all pretty much frozen in place. And IIRC, the gunman still aimed a portion of those shots directly at Ozy. Cap never showed speed on par with that.

the ninjak
With a full clip I see Cap missing the first 4 bullets and realising what he is dealing with. He moves in closer, for close combat and unloads a few more.
Realistically Ozy is gonna cop a bullet. If for some reason it fails he throws the shield behind Ozy and shoots a few more.

As the shield returns to hit Ozy from behind he turns his head to evade it then cops a bullet in the back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.