Doom vs Loki vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
each has complete knowledge of the others and each has been tasked with the job of killing the others. they have 1 month to prepare. at the end of the month they are placed in an unbreakable, planet sized dome. inside this dome, thanos CAN die if they can figure out a way to kill him.

anything they have done or used on-panel save the IG and the beyonder's power is available to them in this battle if it can be argued they can retrieve said power in 1 month.

who's left standing?

Harbinger
TBH, outside of when he acquired the IG and THOTI, I can't think of any Thanos prep feats that Loki/Doom couldn't replicate or outright trump. He weakened Odin, but that was over time and via the use of a clone. He prepped to take down Omega, but also had outside help.

Personally, I'd take Doom for a majority (with Loki taking some wins as well). Taking an unfinished replication of the Destroyer armor and wrecking Thor with it is some badass shit. Thanos is the strongest on the field, but prep-wise, under his own power, I think Loki and Doom are above him.

Sin I AM
Loki

Starscream M
Doom

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
Doom

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
Doom

SquallX
I read somewhere that Loki has been manipulating everything concerning Asgard from the get co, it even claimed he was manipulating most of the even from Siege. Is that rue.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SquallX
I read somewhere that Loki has been manipulating everything concerning Asgard from the get co, it even claimed he was manipulating most of the even from Siege. Is that rue.

Yes.

Sin I AM
lol its amusing how people keep saying doom when he's fone nothing impressive of late..............

JakeTheBank
What do you mean "of late"? Like in the past few months, a couple years ago, etc.?

Mindset
He replicated the Destroyer armor and would have beaten Thor with it if he wasn't stopped by outside factors...

Jake, just ignore Sin; her knowledge of Doom starts and stops at the F4 movies.

leonidas
i could see doom and loki teaming up for the time it would take to put down thanos. after that it becomes difficult. both have access to some pretty uber feats.....

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What do you mean "of late"? Like in the past few months, a couple years ago, etc.?

years........imo

@ Mindset y dont you go eat a d*ck somewhere love stick out tongue

Bouboumaster
Thanos murder them. And easely at that.

SquallX
So how does Loki loses this fight again when he's giving prep. The man is a walking troll.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SquallX
So how does Loki loses this fight again when he's giving prep. The man is a walking troll.

Well, Doom is an incredibly accomplished sorcerer - as of now, he's more learned in the mystic arts (at least when it comes black magic and the like) than Strange is and is easily one of Earth's most powerful mages currently. Scientifically, he more than speaks for himself.

In any case, when it comes to prep, both Doom and Loki > Thanos.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sin I AM
years........imo

@ Mindset y dont you go eat a d*ck somewhere love stick out tongue Let's make babies.

celeyhyga17
Thanos

Black bolt z
Doom

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well, Doom is an incredibly accomplished sorcerer - as of now, he's more learned in the mystic arts (at least when it comes black magic and the like) than Strange is and is easily one of Earth's most powerful mages currently. Scientifically, he more than speaks for himself.

In any case, when it comes to prep, both Doom and Loki > Thanos.

What is this based on exactly that Doom is greater than Thanos in prep? In Fact, they have both gone against eachother to acquire artifacts and Thanos has always come out on top. They are relative equals when it comes to prep... difference is.. Thanos is clearly and by a wide margin more powerful than Doom or Loki. That means, Thanos takes this.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
What is this based on exactly that Doom is greater than Thanos in prep? In Fact, they have both gone against eachother to acquire artifacts and Thanos has always come out on top. They are relative equals when it comes to prep... difference is.. Thanos is clearly and by a wide margin more powerful than Doom or Loki. That means, Thanos takes this. They've only "gone at each other" once when Thanos had already acquired his artifact in the Infinity Gauntlet. Context. With THOTU, Akhenaten prepped against Doom and didn't do anything to prep against Thanos and the Defenders. Doom and Thanos never went at each other in Marvel: The End. Convenient. As it was convenient that TOAA meant for Thanos to have it anyway.

Doom's accomplished more with his prep and in less time. No question.

Naija boy
Thanos wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
They've only "gone at each other" once when Thanos had already acquired his artifact in the Infinity Gauntlet. Context. With THOTU, Akhenaten prepped against Doom and didn't do anything to prep against Thanos and the Defenders. Doom and Thanos never went at each other in Marvel: The End. Convenient. As it was convenient that TOAA meant for Thanos to have it anyway.

Doom's accomplished more with his prep and in less time. No question.

They were both trying to acquire something... Doom even makes the comment that Thanos Tech is superior to his own... Thanos ends up with the artifact in question and Doom does not. Nothing I said was untrue. Furthermore, let take your premise and conclusion as being true.. you would agree that they are very comparable in this area and neither has a decisive advantage over the other in prep correct? However, Thanos DOES have a decisive advantage over Doom in Power.. that is where the difference lies.

OneDumbG0
^ Doom didn't end up with THOTU because Akhentaen prepped against Doom and TOAA meant for Thanos to have it.

It's called having the odds stacked against you. When a "supreme being" preps against you and the supposedly "Supreme Being" mandates someone else gets it, it's kinda hard for someone else to get it. Even if that someone else is Doom. Everything you said lacks context.

Doom and Thanos are not "comparable" in prep. Doom has achieved much more with far less. And when prep is involved, base levels of power are, for all intents and purposes, meaningless.

thanos wins

Black bolt z
What is this based on exactly that Doom is greater than Thanos in prep? In Fact, they have both gone against eachother to acquire artifacts and Thanos has always come out on top. They are relative equals when it comes to prep... difference is.. Thanos is clearly and by a wide margin more powerful than Doom or Loki. That means, Thanos takes this. I agree thanos is vastly more powerful than Doom. But doom is, IMO, better in prep than thanos. And with a month of prep, their respective power differences pre-prep do not make much of a difference here. Hence doom wins.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I agree thanos is vastly more powerful than Doom. But doom is, IMO, better in prep than thanos. And with a month of prep, their respective power differences pre-prep do not make much of a difference here. Hence doom wins. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail11-2.jpg

JakeTheBank
It's not opinion. It's fact.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It's not opinion. It's fact.

Based on which showings in this a "fact"

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ Doom didn't end up with THOTU because Akhentaen prepped against Doom and TOAA meant for Thanos to have it.

It's called having the odds stacked against you. When a "supreme being" preps against you and the supposedly "Supreme Being" mandates someone else gets it, it's kinda hard for someone else to get it. Even if that someone else is Doom. Everything you said lacks context.

Doom and Thanos are not "comparable" in prep. Doom has achieved much more with far less. And when prep is involved, base levels of power are, for all intents and purposes, meaningless.

You can never say Doom has achieved MUCH more.. Thanos has achieved exponentially more. This whole.. with less thing means very little. Both of their goals at one point in time was rule the universe. They tried to achieve said goals via prap.. Thanos has done so multiple times... Doom has failed multiple times...

JakeTheBank
Based on which showings in this a "fact"

Doom's showings across his entire career as a whole?

Mindset
ODG and Jake = Doom fanboys.

Amirite, Kurupt?

KuRuPT Thanosi
no more then me being a Thanos fanboy

amirite Mindset?

Mindset
urite.

I'm pretty much the only unbiased member here.

OneDumbG0
You can never say Doom has achieved MUCH more.. Thanos has achieved exponentially more. This whole.. with less thing means very little. Both of their goals at one point in time was rule the universe. They tried to achieve said goals via prap.. Thanos has done so multiple times... Doom has failed multiple times... Thanos has failed multiple times as well with the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet. The one time you thought that maybe he did it, it turned out to be TOAA's plan all along. So his "best feat" of being supreme in the universe was a non-feat. You can't keep citing to that without accepting the true context of the story. Thanos and the Cosmic Cube? Doom also obtained the Cosmic Cube on top of a variety of artifacts and Galactus' Power Cosmic. We can consider that a tie... to be generous.

So what do you have left? Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet? Doom obtained Beyonder's power and was supreme in the universe before the diminished Beyonder conspired to take it back (successfully). And that achievement by Doom outstrips Thanos' gathering of the Infinity Gems during Infinity Quest since Death helped him and Thanos had far more prep than Doom's "mere minutes" after being nearly destroyed by Galactus in Secret Wars. Literally, a few minutes.

Thanos has never achieved anything on that scale in a matter of minutes, having been nearly destroyed, without an Abstract's help. Infinity Gauntlet vs. Beyonder? No comparison. No serious one anyway.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
ODG and Jake = Doom fanboys.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/DoomTroll.jpg

Kasper Gutman
If we are taking away the high end universal item feats like IG etc then I'd pick Loki. His prep just seems a little more devious and more layered then Thanos or Doom and taking away the extreme high end feats is more up Loki's alley. Loki also seems to get easy assistance from powerful entities in his prep like Mephisto, Surtur, Hela etc. I think that alone would be a huge edge in this particular fight.

nimbus006
urite.

I'm pretty much the only unbiased member here.

I resent that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos has failed multiple times as well with the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet. The one time you thought that maybe he did it, it turned out to be TOAA's plan all along. So his "best feat" of being supreme in the universe was a non-feat. You can't keep citing to that without accepting the true context of the story. Thanos and the Cosmic Cube? Doom also obtained the Cosmic Cube on top of a variety of artifacts and Galactus' Power Cosmic. We can consider that a tie... to be generous.

So what do you have left? Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet? Doom obtained Beyonder's power and was supreme in the universe before the diminished Beyonder conspired to take it back (successfully). And that achievement by Doom outstrips Thanos' gathering of the Infinity Gems during Infinity Quest since Death helped him and Thanos had far more prep than Doom's "mere minutes" after being nearly destroyed by Galactus in Secret Wars. Literally, a few minutes.

Thanos has never achieved anything on that scale in a matter of minutes, having been nearly destroyed, without an Abstract's help. Infinity Gauntlet vs. Beyonder? No comparison. No serious one anyway.

Actually that isn't even CLOSE to true. Thanos succeded in his goal of taking over the Universe and other Universes in fact.. when he said i have God of UniverseS. He stomped every abstract that was sent his way and even took over Eternity's place in the Universe. So.. no he didn't fail.. He gave up his power on his own accord. So no they aren't the same... Thanos has accomplished MORE than Doom EVER has. Might I add... Thanos also accomplished more with a cube then Doom every did. Replacing Eternity>>> than anything Doom every did with the cube.

celeyhyga17
Thanos takes this... He is one sick muthaf@#$%..

Prep is his thing..
Les go more recent..
How bout using and playing around with abstracts like Galactus, Tenebrous, and Aegis? He wasn't even doing it for himself.
How bout using himself as bait to finally obliterate Lord Mar-Vell and causing the death of a whole universe?
Thanos is king...

celeyhyga17
I know big G went ballistic and did "Herald My Rage" on some @$$E$, but he should be ashamed of himself for getting punked like that!

quanchi112
Thanos can beat these guys with prep while he has none himself, easily.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos can beat these guys with prep while he has none himself, easily.

How?

quanchi112
How? The guy is always prepared. A prepped Warlock and Strange came up short with an entire team whereas Thanos easily pwned power gem Thor after fighting him for sheer sport.

JakeTheBank
The guy is always prepared. A prepped Warlock and Strange came up short with an entire team whereas Thanos easily pwned power gem Thor after fighting him for sheer sport.

So, that would mean that Thanos has prep. And Thanos just happened to have a gun on hand to stop PG Thor.

In a neutral setting with Thanos being caught completely unaware and Loki and Doom have a month's worth of prep, how does he win?

quanchi112
So, that would mean that Thanos has prep. And Thanos just happened to have a gun on hand to stop PG Thor.

In a neutral setting with Thanos being caught completely unaware and Loki and Doom have a month's worth of prep, how does he win? I'm saying he wouldn't need to prepare specifically but that he's always got a trick or so up his sleeve if they had specific prep.

Kills them. He's far too powerful as death's avatar for them to last any bit of time. I've also seen how easy it is for Doom to be broken with specific prep against just Thor with Loki even aiding the guy.

These guys just aren't even close to Thanos' level of power coupled with his superior intelligence/success.

JakeTheBank
I'm saying he wouldn't need to prepare specifically but that he's always got a trick or so up his sleeve if they had specific prep.

Kills them. He's far too powerful as death's avatar for them to last any bit of time. I've also seen how easy it is for Doom to be broken with specific prep against just Thor with Loki even aiding the guy.

These guys just aren't even close to Thanos' level of power coupled with his superior intelligence/success.

Yes, like Doom.

Not sure how'd he just outright kill them if they prep against Thanos. Thanos isn't >>> Dr. Doom and Loki w/prep, and on an even playing field, Doom's own prep feats eclipse Thanos. And Dr. Doom had Thor dead to rights if it wasn't for Balder's timely intervention...who was only sent into the castle thanks to Loki's machinations to begin with.

With one-sided prep, yes, they are.

quanchi112
Yes, like Doom.

Not sure how'd he just outright kill them if they prep against Thanos. Thanos isn't >>> Dr. Doom and Loki w/prep, and on an even playing field, Doom's own prep feats eclipse Thanos. And Dr. Doom had Thor dead to rights if it wasn't for Balder's timely intervention...who was only sent into the castle thanks to Loki's machinations to begin with.

With one-sided prep, yes, they are. Doom tends to fail epically though whereas Thanos tends to succeed.

What prep feats eclipse creating clones who have threatened the entire universe, cloning Galactus, negating an entire cancerverse due to his own involvement, seeking out and capturing the infinity gems through sheer cunning and intellect, engineering the capture of Galactus, saving Galactus from an entity capable of absorbing the entire 616 reality, preventing the Magus from ever being who he was in the first place to stop him, etc.

That's the thing with Doom's prep against asgard you have to take into account certain things not going your way like Balder's intervention whereas Thanos still succeeds where Doom fails time and time again.

Nah, but you already knew I wouldn't give you an inch.

OneDumbG0
Actually that isn't even CLOSE to true. Thanos succeded in his goal of taking over the Universe and other Universes in fact.. when he said i have God of UniverseS. He stomped every abstract that was sent his way and even took over Eternity's place in the Universe. So.. no he didn't fail.. He gave up his power on his own accord. So no they aren't the same... Thanos has accomplished MORE than Doom EVER has. Might I add... Thanos also accomplished more with a cube then Doom every did. Replacing Eternity>>> than anything Doom every did with the cube. TOAA meant for Thanos to obtain THOTU. Thanos himself literally stated aloud that he had fallen into TOAA's trap. It was a dupe, plain and simple. Don't make me scan-spank you with scenes from Marvel: The End.

If you're talking about Infinity Gauntlet, he became supreme being of the single 616 universe. Don't even try to reverse-project Multiversal implications onto that. Better posters have tried and failed. Thanos failed to hold onto the IG because of his own subconscious. Doom failed to hold onto Beyonder's power because his being wasn't complete due to temporal tampering. Thanos had an Abstract, Death, amping him and Death assisting him with the Infinity Well and loads of prep time. Doom had gotten spanked by an Abstract, Galactus, and hours at best to obtain Beyonder's power with a window of "mere minutes." Not even a comparison.

Mindset
Doom tends to fail epically though whereas Thanos tends to succeed.

no expression

quanchi112
TOAA meant for Thanos to obtain THOTU. Thanos himself literally stated aloud that he had fallen into TOAA's trap. It was a dupe, plain and simple. Don't make me scan-spank you with scenes from Marvel: The End.

If you're talking about Infinity Gauntlet, he became supreme being of the single 616 universe. Don't even try to reverse-project Multiversal implications onto that. Better posters have tried and failed. Thanos failed to hold onto the IG because of his own subconscious. Doom failed to hold onto Beyonder's power because his being wasn't complete due to temporal tampering. Thanos had an Abstract, Death, amping him and Death assisting him with the Infinity Well and loads of prep time. Doom had gotten spanked by an Abstract, Galactus, and hours at best to obtain Beyonder's power with a window of "mere minutes." Not even a comparison. Thanos was manipulated but he did accomplish everything he set out for. If Doom was to succeed he would have been duped as well but he didn't succeed he failed. Big diff.

quanchi112
no expression wink

KuRuPT Thanosi
TOAA meant for Thanos to obtain THOTU. Thanos himself literally stated aloud that he had fallen into TOAA's trap. It was a dupe, plain and simple. Don't make me scan-spank you with scenes from Marvel: The End.

If you're talking about Infinity Gauntlet, he became supreme being of the single 616 universe. Don't even try to reverse-project Multiversal implications onto that. Better posters have tried and failed. Thanos failed to hold onto the IG because of his own subconscious. Doom failed to hold onto Beyonder's power because his being wasn't complete due to temporal tampering. Thanos had an Abstract, Death, amping him and Death assisting him with the Infinity Well and loads of prep time. Doom had gotten spanked by an Abstract, Galactus, and hours at best to obtain Beyonder's power with a window of "mere minutes." Not even a comparison.

Again when and where did I mention the HOTU in my last post.. that you yet again brought up?

lastly, thanos become God of the 616 Universe and actually BEAT abstracts set his way... he usurped eternity. That is >>>> than ANYTHING Doom has ever done. You can claim it wasn't multiversal but on panel narration makes it clear it was. Regardless, whether it was one universe or 10 matters not, Doom NEVER become supreme in any universe EVER. At no point was Death amping Thanos or adding him in his fight. You think him seeing where the gems were located somehow diminishes the feat... lulz...

Mindset
Again when and where did I mention the HOTU in my last post.. that you yet again brought up?

lastly, thanos become God of the 616 Universe and actually BEAT abstracts set his way... he usurped eternity. That is >>>> than ANYTHING Doom has ever done. You can claim it wasn't multiversal but on panel narration makes it clear it was. Regardless, whether it was one universe or 10 matters not, Doom NEVER become supreme in any universe EVER. At no point was Death amping Thanos or adding him in his fight. You think him seeing where the gems were located somehow diminishes the feat... lulz... Doom was supreme when he stole Beyonder's powers.

OneDumbG0

lastly, thanos become God of the 616 Universe and actually BEAT abstracts set his way... he usurped eternity. That is >>>> than ANYTHING Doom has ever done. You can claim it wasn't multiversal but on panel narration makes it clear it was. Regardless, whether it was one universe or 10 matters not, Doom NEVER become supreme in any universe EVER. At no point was Death amping Thanos or adding him in his fight. You think him seeing where the gems were located somehow diminishes the feat... lulz... Don't make me scan-spank you with the clear universality of Infinity Gauntlet. Doom became supreme being of the universe when he took Beyonder's power. Don't be retarded. And Death amped Thanos when she resurrected him and having the Infinity Well and loads of prep gave Thanos every major advantage Doom didn't have. I'm not diminishing the feat itself. Just pointing out how it pales in comparison to Doom's.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Don't make me scan-spank you with the clear universality of Infinity Gauntlet. Doom became supreme being of the universe when he took Beyonder's power. Don't be retarded. And Death amped Thanos when she resurrected him and having the Infinity Well and loads of prep gave Thanos every major advantage Doom didn't have. I'm not diminishing the feat itself. Just pointing out how it pales in comparison to Doom's.

Okay then.... Please.. list for me all the people Doom beat to become God of the 616 Universe. We know who Thanos beat as it's on panel.. Who exactly did do beat again that made him Supreme?

OneDumbG0
^ If you really want to pursue this angle, Doom defeated Beyonder. In singular, direct conflict. While Thanos ended up hoodwinking a bunch of clueless Elders of the Universe in multiple confrontations to eventually become the supreme being in Infinity Gauntlet. You're not helping your case.

KuRuPT Thanosi
so nobody then.... okay

JakeTheBank
so nobody then.... okay

Doom defeated Beyonder.

quanchi112
^ If you really want to pursue this angle, Doom defeated Beyonder. In singular, direct conflict. While Thanos ended up hoodwinking a bunch of clueless Elders of the Universe in multiple confrontations to eventually become the supreme being in Infinity Gauntlet. You're not helping your case. To later be defeated and destroyed via willpower by the beyonder. That isn't helping your case. We later find out Beyonder isn't anywhere near as powerful as the ig, Eternity. Whoops.

Mindset
so nobody then.... okay Lol, did you read it?

nimbus006
^ If you really want to pursue this angle, Doom defeated Beyonder. In singular, direct conflict. While Thanos ended up hoodwinking a bunch of clueless Elders of the Universe in multiple confrontations to eventually become the supreme being in Infinity Gauntlet. You're not helping your case.

Hoodwinked-outsmarted-manipulated-defeated-decieved-dooped...

...call it whatever you'd like. Ultimately, he displayed superior intelligence, and got the job done. cool

OneDumbG0
^ Amazing display of superior intelligence right here:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos11.jpg Originally posted by Mindset
Lol, did you read it? Of course not.

nimbus006

CIS much stick out tongue

quanchi112

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos11.jpg Of course not. Doom failed to even be outsmarted. Doom was outsmarted by Akh while Thanos was deceived by the supreme power. It's obvious Doom fails whereas Thanos succeeds.

Simbon
There are many aspects to prep, and no one here has the clear advantage in all of them. Doom is by far the best at scientific feats and stealing power from others, Loki is the best at manipulating others, and Thanos is the most effective strategist. Knowledge of the others from the start effectively neutralizes Loki's manipulation advantage (if the identities of their opponents were concealed, Loki would have an extremely good chance at winning, IMO), which brings it down to Doom's science vs Thanos' strategy. Personally, I would go with Thanos -- Doom has stolen power from people so many times that by now he is actually pretty predictable, and that is not going to work well against the mad Titan.

OneDumbG0
^ I think you confuse Adam Warlock with Thanos in terms of strategery. Originally posted by nimbus006
CIS much stick out tongue http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos15.jpg

nimbus006
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos15.jpg

He's very well spoken.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ I think you confuse Adam Warlock with Thanos in terms of strategery. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos15.jpg

How about the time he has fooled Adam i.e. an example of him faking his own death.. which was apart of his plan the whole time....

quanchi112
^ I think you confuse Adam Warlock with Thanos in terms of strategery. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/Thanos15.jpg Warlock didn't see that strategic against power gem Thor now did he ? How effective was Warlock himself against the original Magus ?

Boom.

OneDumbG0
How about the time he has fooled Adam i.e. an example of him faking his own death.. which was apart of his plan the whole time.... By using THOTU? Using supreme universal power to stay out of sight from one character is supposed to impress me?

Doom fooled the Marquis of Death who, at his height, literally summoned Eternity among others to do his fighting for him like pawns. And Doom did that under his own power, not with some plot device universal artifact. You're not helping your case.

quanchi112
By using THOTU? Using supreme universal power to stay out of sight from one character is supposed to impress me?

Doom fooled the Marquis of Death who, at his height, literally summoned Eternity among others to do his fighting for him like pawns. And Doom did that under his own power, not with some plot device universal artifact. You're not helping your case. Overriding his supposedly inevitable sacrifice is supposed to impress. If Doom did so you'd be all over it.

Doom in the same stories as Thanos has been inferior. Doom also needed aid in retrieving his mother's soul from Mephisto from Strange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.