Superman's "Minute or Less" Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harbinger
In this gauntlet, Superman is pitted against an opponent, with the stipulation that he must defeat said opponent in a minute or less. If he can, he moves on to the next one. If not, the gauntlet's over and Clark loses. To help with the time constraints:

- Superman will be fighting to the absolute best of his abilities. Superspeed, strength, ruthlessness, etc. This is "Dials to 11" Supes.

- Each fight will be begin with the opponents standing 1 mile from one another. Superman begins each battle with a blitz; if he knocks the opponent away, he will blitz to press his advantage. In turn, if Clark gets knocked away, he will immediately get up and blitz again to cover the distance.

However, Supes does not get rest between fights. Once an opponent is defeated, the next battle begins immediately. Each fight is to KO/death. No BFR.

How far does he get?

1. Ms. Marvel
2. Bleeding Edge Ironman
3. Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)
4. Binary
5. Wonder Woman (classic)
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Firestorm (Ronnie)
8. Thor (Classic)
9. Silver Surfer
10. Classic Magus

JakeTheBank
Stops at 5. He'd beat Diana for sure, but not under a minute.

Uriel005
I'd actually say 4 for under a minute BB not to shabby on defense. But this is dependent on supes not trying to kill him as he's going all out. But if its for the kill makes it to 6 i think. Heatvision lobotomy would kill Diana.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Uriel005
I'd actually say 4 for under a minute BB not to shabby on defense. But this is dependent on supes not trying to kill him as he's going all out. But if its for the kill makes it to 6 i think. Heatvision lobotomy would kill Diana.

She does have bracers and some of the best reflexes around, though.

Sin I AM
he wont stop Binary

Q99

He's tried heatvisioning her face off. Didn't work.

And like Jake said, the bracers.

Galan007
6 sounds about right.

leonidas
i'd very much doubt he could beat diana in less than a minute.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Q99
He's tried heatvisioning her face off. Didn't work.

And like Jake said, the bracers. grapple in a fist fight. She doesn't have a 3rd arm last i checked and it will only take a bit if his heatvision boils her eyes and bores into her brain.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd very much doubt he could beat diana in less than a minute. Planet-busting punch to the face + immediate HV lobotomy.

B*tch goes down. ermmhappy

Endless Mike
If he freezes an opponent and they remain frozen when the minute is up (even if they only got frozen a second ago and broke out a second later), does that count as winning?

Sin I AM
what happens when he gets drained? and he aint blitzing noone whos arguably as fast

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Planet-busting punch to the face + immediate HV lobotomy.

B*tch goes down. ermmhappy

well, since you put it like that...... ermmhappy

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
he wont stop Binary

This. She's more than strong enough to last a minute vs Clark and heaven help him if she figures out he's solar powered, then it's lights out for the Man of Steel.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Endless Mike
If he freezes an opponent and they remain frozen when the minute is up (even if they only got frozen a second ago and broke out a second later), does that count as winning? KO/kill only.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by zopzop
This. She's more than strong enough to last a minute vs Clark and heaven help him if she figures out he's solar powered, then it's lights out for the Man of Steel.

my sentiments exactly....she's being downplayed she could tank his punch and immediately drain him

carver9
He stops at Binary and she MIGHT beat him. If he by any chance he gets past her, Diana stops him dead in his tracks. She faced this type of Superman WHILE HOLDING BACK and stalemated him. He isn't taking her out in less than a minute, even if he decides to hit her with moon busting strength.

Galan007
I'm ignorant on Binary. What has she done that leads people to believe she could weather an all-out blitz from Superman?

Q99
Planet-busting punch to the face + immediate HV lobotomy.

He's actually tried that, or close enough.

Sacrifice was all-out Superman and it took two and a half minutes and he didn't win.

Wow, that's almost exactly what he did in Sacrifice while trying to throw him into the sun. Didn't work then, though it did leave some nasty burns ^^

WW's a more skilled grapper than him, don't forget, so grabbing both arms is unlikely. Plus she can activate the Zeus's lightning power of her bracers even if he did, something he won't appreciate.

Don't forget knees and headbutting either.

Di is a melee-er, trying to deal with her in melee is perhaps not the best way to go about it smile

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
He's actually tried that, or close enough.

Sacrifice was all-out Superman and it took two and a half minutes and he didn't win.

Wow, that's almost exactly what he did in Sacrifice while trying to throw him into the sun. Didn't work then, though it did leave some nasty burns ^^

WW's a more skilled grapper than him, don't forget, so grabbing both arms is unlikely. Plus she can activate the Zeus's lightning power of her bracers even if he did, something he won't appreciate.

Don't forget knees and headbutting either.

Di is a melee-er, trying to deal with her in melee is perhaps not the best way to go about it smile

IMO, its debatable who could win out of Wondy and Supes. They are pretty much the same character with advantages that the other don't have.

By the way 99, you forgot to mention that Supes was amped during his rage scuffle against Wonder Woman. He isn't dropping her in less than a minute and its debatable who could win out of the 2 anyways.

zopzop
I'm ignorant on Binary. What has she done that leads people to believe she could weather an all-out blitz from Superman?

She was a C100 Brick that has the power of a star (gravity control, total control of energies in the EM Spectrum, FTL/hyperspace flight, can open "white holes", etc...).

Batman-Prime
^She was koed when he send her back to earth. He waited till she woke up, didn't he?

Q99
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
^She was koed when he send her back to earth. He waited till she woke up, didn't he?

Not exactly. She blanked out for a moment when he sent her back to earth but woke up before he was able to take advantage, or before she even impacted.

JakeTheBank
I would say he'd fare better against Diana here as he's of his right mind and knows it's Diana he's fighting and not Doomsday. Still, Diana's good and skilled enough to last at least a minute against an all out Superman.

Q99
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I would say he'd fare better against Diana here as he's of his right mind and knows it's Diana he's fighting and not Doomsday. Still, Diana's good and skilled enough to last at least a minute against an all out Superman.

They've fought a couple other times too, so we have a good idea of how they compare in other circumstances as well.

I'd say the For Tomorrow fight lasted more than a minute, and he was just trying to get past her.

zeel
Originally posted by Harbinger
In this gauntlet, Superman is pitted against an opponent, with the stipulation that he must defeat said opponent in a minute or less. If he can, he moves on to the next one. If not, the gauntlet's over and Clark loses. To help with the time constraints:

- Superman will be fighting to the absolute best of his abilities. Superspeed, strength, ruthlessness, etc. This is "Dials to 11" Supes.

- Each fight will be begin with the opponents standing 1 mile from one another. Superman begins each battle with a blitz; if he knocks the opponent away, he will blitz to press his advantage. In turn, if Clark gets knocked away, he will immediately get up and blitz again to cover the distance.

However, Supes does not get rest between fights. Once an opponent is defeated, the next battle begins immediately. Each fight is to KO/death. No BFR.

How far does he get?

1. Ms. Marvel
2. Bleeding Edge Ironman
4. Binary
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Firestorm (Ronnie)
8. Thor (Classic)
9. Silver Surfer
10. Classic Magus

gets to 4 can beat everyone through 7. And #6 BRB has a chance against him. WW puts up a good fight and 8-10 supes prolly will lose to.

DickBlazer
Bb bill is above Thor and maybe surfer.

A top notch supes could clear this

Originally posted by zeel
gets to 4 can beat everyone through 7. And #6 BRB has a chance against him. WW puts up a good fight and 8-10 supes prolly will lose to. this is perfect

Diesldude
Clears it with flash type punches which are powered by an amped kryptonian.

Naija boy
lulz at him clearing it, stops dead at Wonderwoman, if he even gets there.

tsscls
Per the stips, makes it to ten.

h1a8
Originally posted by Harbinger

How far does he get?

1. Ms. Marvel
2. Bleeding Edge Ironman
4. Binary
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Firestorm (Ronnie)
8. Thor (Classic)
9. Silver Surfer
10. Classic Magus
Order is wrong and Superman beats all except 5 and 9.

Sundipped
Not sure about Binary's invincibility. Diana is not going down under a minnute.

zeel
Originally posted by Diesldude
Clears it with flash type punches which are powered by an amped kryptonian.

welp was just waiting for someone to say supes clears it hehe.

He has a 50% chance against thor at best and he is not beating surfer period. BRB may beat him even.

zeel
Originally posted by h1a8
Order is wrong and Superman beats all except 5 and 9.

supes is not beating thor in 1 minute. HE may beat him, it can go either way but to say he beats thor in one minute is retarded man.
5-9 he cant beat in 1 minute it just aint happening.

Mindset
Every time I read this thread title I think it's about Superman having sex with his opponents.

I know I'm not the only one (Raoul).

Uriel005
Supes vs Diana could end if he makes a FTL trip to the sun dip for 10 seconds lay down an epic beating and still have 15 seconds to spare.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, if she doesn't, like, try to defend herself or anything.

celeyhyga17
lol

h1a8
supes is not beating thor in 1 minute. HE may beat him, it can go either way but to say he beats thor in one minute is retarded man.
5-9 he cant beat in 1 minute it just aint happening.

Under these stips he's beating Thor in seconds (10/10). Under normal circumstances Superman just wins a majority (7-8/10) and that's being nice. No one but 5 and 9 can defend his blitz.

carver9
Under these stips he's beating Thor in seconds (10/10). Under normal circumstances Superman just wins a majority (7-8/10) and that's being nice. No one but 5 and 9 can defend his blitz.

Lol.

Uriel005
Originally posted by carver9
Lol. yeah... H1 where are you getting these numbers. I just think he can beat Diana in under a minute on all out but Beta Ray??? not happening unless Beta's herpin his derp. also is Phantom Zone projector viable for the fight? or does he get to build his deus ex wish machine cause that would solo everything if he starts at one i think he could finish it by 2 moving at ftl speeds.

h1a8
yeah... H1 where are you getting these numbers. I just think he can beat Diana in under a minute on all out but Beta Ray??? not happening unless Beta's herpin his derp. also is Phantom Zone projector viable for the fight? or does he get to build his deus ex wish machine cause that would solo everything if he starts at one i think he could finish it by 2 moving at ftl speeds.

A CIS off Superman would few shot Bill in less than a nanosecond. Look what Surfer did to him and Superman is stronger.

Uriel005
A CIS off Superman would few shot Bill in less than a nanosecond. Look what Surfer did to him and Superman is stronger. to be fair bill usually does quite a fair bit better.

h1a8
to be fair bill usually does quite a fair bit better.

It seems he should but I don't know when he did fared a bit better.
A pissed off Surfer is pretty strong now.

zeel

superman cant beat thor in 10 seconds, and thor cant beat superman in 10 seconds. supes vs thor is 50/50 thats bout it.

Q99
yeah... H1 where are you getting these numbers. I just think he can beat Diana in under a minute on all out but Beta Ray???

Why is it so shocking for one but not the other? They're of similar power and Diana has stronger defense. You should be roughly equally shocked at the suggestion of either.

(To be clear, I don't think Superman could take either in a minute, which in Diana's case has even been repeatedly demonstrated)

Uriel005
It seems he should but I don't know when he did fared a bit better.
A pissed off Surfer is pretty strong now. this happens every few years or so once Marvel realizes how badly they beat down surfer with a nerf bat every other arc he appears in only to realize that they made him too strong later on to be viable and bring down the nerfing once again. He kind of has two roles in Marvel from how I view him. The messenger and something of a lone messiah/hermit of absurd power. When he is warning ppl of some impending doom or is more a means of conveying plot he tends to suffer from nerfing even in his own series but when he is the plot from his own initiative and not because something is driving him he tends to be ridiculously beastly

zeel
A CIS off Superman would few shot Bill in less than a nanosecond. Look what Surfer did to him and Superman is stronger.

your only argument, and its always the same its SPEEEEEEEEEDBLITZZZ...... surfer would beat supes, BRB would put up a hella of a fight, and thor would either stalemate him or beat him. Im not takeing anything away from supes. You just put supes on to high of a pedastal. Thats just my opinion though. to say supes beats thor 8 times outta 10 and thats being nice, thats just stupid, thor cant even beats supes 8 times outta ten. I doubt even surfer would beat supes 8 times outta 10 and hes design to kill classes like supes.

h1a8
superman cant beat thor in 10 seconds, and thor cant beat superman in 10 seconds. supes vs thor is 50/50 thats bout it.

How so when Superman is a lot faster than Thor and much stronger?

A CIS off Superman could theoretically hit Thor more than a billion times in a second. I would say a good bloodlusted 10 punches would ko Thor. 100 would kill him.

If Superman can move 5 ft before Thor can move 1in then how can Thor defend?

your only argument, and its always the same its SPEEEEEEEEEDBLITZZZ...... surfer would beat supes, BRB would put up a hella of a fight, and thor would either stalemate him or beat him. Im not takeing anything away from supes. You just put supes on to high of a pedastal. Thats just my opinion though. to say supes beats thor 8 times outta 10 and thats being nice, thats just stupid, thor cant even beats supes 8 times outta ten. I doubt even surfer would beat supes 8 times outta 10 and hes design to kill classes like supes.

Honestly, I only care about Superman because of his speed. Take away his speed and I would be siding with Thor everytime.

My god is speed (not Superman). It should be clear that I support the characters who are faster.

Surfer could beat Superman. But since Surfer is under CIS and Superman isn't I'm giving Supes a slight majority.

JakeTheBank
A CIS off Superman could theoretically hit Thor more than a billion times in a second.

Stopped reading.

psycho gundam
his fast punches aren't as powerful as his regular ones

Mindset
Yea, he could hit him way more than a billion times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.