Taskmaster vs. Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Taskmaster

vs.

Midnighter

Standard equipment for all
Forum Rules
Who wins?

Harbinger
Midnighter.

Q99
'Nighter, higher stats and knowing his style won't prevent the combat computer from granting an edge.

SamZED
Ill be rebellious and go with Taskmaster.

godking
Originally posted by Q99
'Nighter, higher stats and knowing his style won't prevent the combat computer from granting an edge. True but taskmaster could use every style that he has to confuse the combat computer.

He did it before to beat that red shirt guy

Q99
Originally posted by godking
True but taskmaster could use every style that he has to confuse the combat computer.

I don't think the combat computer works that way.

KingD19
The computer analyzes the situation and shows Mids most if not all possible scenarios for coming out on top in seconds. He picks the best one and does it.

Taskmaster has no way to win.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by KingD19
The computer analyzes the situation and shows Mids most if not all possible scenarios for coming out on top in seconds. He picks the best one and does it.

Taskmaster has no way to win.
I think u are overrating Midnighter. He gets to see possibale scenerios that could occur, he can't automaticly make the one he wants occur. he not unstoppable. Frankly he not potrayed that way at all. not sure why people assume that Midnighter abilitiy auto make shim win, becuase it doesent. It helpful, but not nearly as powerful as certain posters like to pretend. MN almost excusively fights cannon fodder and is not remotely as impressive as many pretend he is.

Prep-Man
Midnighter.

KingD19
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I think u are overrating Midnighter. He gets to see possibale scenerios that could occur, he can't automaticly make the one he wants occur. he not unstoppable. Frankly he not potrayed that way at all. not sure why people assume that Midnighter abilitiy auto make shim win, becuase it doesent. It helpful, but not nearly as powerful as certain posters like to pretend. MN almost excusively fights cannon fodder and is not remotely as impressive as many pretend he is.

I never said he can make the ones he want appear. I said the computer shows the best ways for him to come out on top, because that's what it does. And it shows a helluva lot of them. Like when he was fighting all those bugs, it said he got millions of scenarios in a few seconds or something like that. I also said he picks the course of action he thinks is best based on the choices at hand.

And the reason I said Taskmaster has no chance is because Midnighter is clearly above him in strength, speed, agility, etc... In a forum fight, a regular human like Taskmaster goes down hard to a legit superhuman who has feats like Mids does.

Dum Dum Dugan
I never said he can make the ones he want appear. I said the computer shows the best ways for him to come out on top, because that's what it does. And it shows a helluva lot of them. Like when he was fighting all those bugs, it said he got millions of scenarios in a few seconds or something like that. I also said he picks the course of action he thinks is best based on the choices at hand.

And the reason I said Taskmaster has no chance is because Midnighter is clearly above him in strength, speed, agility, etc... In a forum fight, a regular human like Taskmaster goes down hard to a legit superhuman who has feats like Mids does.
Assuming Taskmaster allows this. lot of it depends upon his opponents as much as himself. Think people serously overestimate this power. It like a less accurate telepath. He simply see's ways the fight could go, not how it will go. It an advantage but can be overcome. Again ur example is cannon fodder, when has he really proven himself against establish characters?

I disagree. MN is pretty much a mirror image of capt phsyically. Taskmaster can hang with MN. Only real advantage MN even has is damage soak and strength. TM agility, speed ect due to his abilites such as amping his speed is more or less equal to MN.

Q99
He's proven himself against Zealot, who's a millenia-old warrior with superhuman stats.

Also he and Jack Hawksmoor often find themselves fighting evenly, despite Jack having much higher stats.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
He's proven himself against Zealot, who's a millenia-old warrior with superhuman stats.

Also he and Jack Hawksmoor often find themselves fighting evenly, despite Jack having much higher stats.
He stalemated her, that does not scream stomping Taskmaster. Zealot feats are what again? She again no superior then capt (who by the way would beat her) and Taskmaster has hung against him and done quite fine (and won as well).

Jacks abilities varies, so context would need to be present for an accurate assessment.

Yea and taskmaster done great against Iron man who has much superior abilites and stats to TM, works both ways.

KingD19
He also took out a speedster who was tearing apart the rest of the team.

A superhuman with super speed with one or two blows.

Effortlessly took a kick from the Doctor, a kick that sent him flying and towards a mountain.

Kicked a tank shell at another tank.(Speed, durability, reaction time)

Etc....

Tasky is screwed, accept it.

Dum Dum Dugan
He also took out a speedster who was tearing apart the rest of the team.

A superhuman with super speed with one or two blows.

Effortlessly took a kick from the Doctor, a kick that sent him flying and towards a mountain.

Kicked a tank shell at another tank.(Speed, durability, reaction time)

Etc....

Tasky is screwed, accept it.
issue and title. (though so has numerous other street levelers done this)

what?

what does this prove? Bet I could find TM wistand hit from class 100, so I not sure what ur example is ment to prove (though I admitt MN has superior damage soak)

Can u provide evidence which supports him possessing such levels of strength? Because I read numerous of his comics and he enevr been depicted remotely possessing such level of strength out side the single appearance. Which would classify it as an outliner aka pis. Oh yes MN not exempt from PIS.

Why should I accept, ur vast overestimation of MN abilites based off outliners and not vast majority of his appearances?

Digi
Originally posted by Q99

?!

They have two brief fights, one not in a city where MNer understandably wins, the other a non-fight where they're bantering more than fighting.

issue and title. (though so has numerous other street levelers done this)

what?

what does this prove? Bet I could find TM wistand hit from class 100, so I not sure what ur example is ment to prove (though I admitt MN has superior damage soak)

Can u provide evidence which supports him possessing such levels of strength? Because I read numerous of his comics and he enevr been depicted remotely possessing such level of strength out side the single appearance. Which would classify it as an outliner aka pis. Oh yes MN not exempt from PIS.

Why should I accept, ur vast overestimation of MN abilites based off outliners and not vast majority of his appearances?

His "vast majority of his appearances" don't contradict those mentioned. When has he displayed low durability or strength that contradicts these limits? Because showing a level of super strength isn't an anomaly when he doesn't always show those levels...it's only an anomaly when he has other appearances where his limit is shown to be far lower. I'd be interested to see your justification here.

Those feats and others exist in his respect thread (or the Authority respect thread, rather), including the speedster feat, fired tank shell redirection with his kick, taking the kick that sent him probably a mile with no ill effects, etc.

As for supporting evidence of strength: damaging Apollo, creating a head-sized chunk in a wall from simply spitting a tooth, matching Zealot for hours (also an insane skill, endurance and durability feat), those are off the top of my head. There may be others.

I like Taskmaster. I don't give a shit who "wins" this thread. I'm just not sure how MNer's feats are PIS when they're relatively reasonable given his other history.

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up Originally posted by KingD19

Taskmaster has no way to win. He doesn't always pick the "best" one. He's explained that sometimes he likes to drag it out. I guess, in essence, he picks the one he likes the best.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Digi
creating a head-sized chunk in a wall from simply spitting a tooth that's not logically possible no expression

psycho gundam
comics

Harbinger
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's not logically possible no expression Neither is a character that can kick/redirect a tank shell.

It's gotdamn comics. What do you expect?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Harbinger
Neither is a character that can kick/redirect a tank shell.

It's gotdamn comics. What do you expect? actually kicking a shell is possible...as long as you are stronger than the force of the tank shell and have enough durability to withstand the hit

a toothpick would simply splinter upon hitting a wall...no amount of force would make it crater a wall

psycho gundam
wut

godking

Taskmaster has no way to win. What if taskmaster keeps changing styles which he can easily do .

This could stop the computer from analyzing scenarios for coming out on top.

mner

the Darkone
tasky

KingD19
Originally posted by godking
What if taskmaster keeps changing styles which he can easily do .

This could stop the computer from analyzing scenarios for coming out on top.

When he got hundreds and thousands of scenarios for each bug, which equated to millions overall for how many of them it was. That showed that a single guy switching fighting styles won't help. Taskmaster is still human, with human weaknesses and no ability besides copying fighting styles.

Mindset
Taskmaster isn't human.

Digi
that's not logically possible no expression

The explosive force could create a larger-than-tooth impact. Does a bomb create a bomb-sized hole in the ground? No, it explodes to do more damage.

a toothpick would simply splinter upon hitting a wall...no amount of force would make it crater a wall

Enough velocity and all sorts of objects could inflict meaningful harm on denser materials.

Also, it was a tooth, not a toothpick. Teeth are hard as hell.

Dum Dum Dugan
?!

His "vast majority of his appearances" don't contradict those mentioned. When has he displayed low durability or strength that contradicts these limits? Because showing a level of super strength isn't an anomaly when he doesn't always show those levels...it's only an anomaly when he has other appearances where his limit is shown to be far lower. I'd be interested to see your justification here.

They dont support that tank feat either. Please provide evidence to support that tank feat being anything other then an outliner. Sorry but display a single feat once does not equate to possessing the level of strength, if it did Capt would be vastly stronger then he is. Not sure why we give MNer the benefit of the doubt while not others.

Those feats and others exist in his respect thread (or the Authority respect thread, rather), including the speedster feat, fired tank shell redirection with his kick, taking the kick that sent him probably a mile with no ill effects, etc.

ive seen the respect thread, and again nothing supports that tank feat.

As for supporting evidence of strength: damaging Apollo,
Wait so now ever street is 50 plus tonner? Because u do realize ever street and there mother has done similar.

Again i do not understand why we give MNer the benefit of the doubt, when we would not for countless other beings around his power level.

creating a head-sized chunk in a wall from simply spitting a tooth, matching Zealot for hours (also an insane skill, endurance and durability feat), those are off the top of my head. There may be others.
Spiting tooth incident means what? Both Elektra and bullseye have killed a man with such methods.

Again how does Zealot support the tank feat? She has literraly no feats of strength that suggest she even capt level, let a lone strong enough to support the tank feat. If anything the fact she able to match his strength goes quite aaginst the idea that MN has the strength to kick a fired tank shell.

I like Taskmaster. I don't give a shit who "wins" this thread. I'm just not sure how MNer's feats are PIS when they're relatively reasonable given his other history.
It Feat, not feats. The tank feat is the one I have a problem with because it not supported by anything/ it is not reasonable with his history at all.

Starscream M
T

It Feat, not feats. The tank feat is the one I have a problem with because it not supported by anything/ it is not reasonable with his history at all. stop whining about the tank feat! it happened, whether you like it or not.

Dum Dum Dugan
edit please ignore what ever nonsense starscream posts and look above. (I for one blocked his ass and don't plan to ever respond to his nonsense again, suggest others do the same, though I feel he quotes me all the time despite the fact ive had him on block for like two weeks.)

Dum Dum Dugan
accidental post, please remove mod.

Digi
Meh. This tends to happen a lot. People latch onto the best 1-2 feats of a character and the debate revolves around them. Whatever you think of this fight shouldn't change regardless of whether or not the tank feat ever happened.

For reference, I consider the Zealot feat to be more impressive than the tank shell one. And yes, she's displayed > peak human strength on numerous occasions, and it is frequently referenced as part of her Kheran biology. She is definitely stronger than MNer.

However, people are missing the forest for teh trees here. MNer's power is not in physical stats, though he has assorted feats to those ends. If you focus on physical stats vs. physical stats only, he would come out on the losing end of a lot of fights against opponents that he should beat. His true power comes in the fact that he literally takes the optimal avenue of attack in every situation. His opponents' advantage over him must be great enough to overcome this, which means they have to be at a level where there literally is no way for MNer to beat them. This is a very high degree of outclassing MNer for this to be possible. I do not believe Taskmaster possesses such an edge. His physical stats and skills can be and likely are similar, but that is not the point when it comes to MNer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.