Wonder Woman VS Wolverine (In a Sword Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss

WW's super speed turned off; no bracelets, etc. WW has the sword forged by Hephaestus. logan has the Muramasa Blade. no grappling, punching, grabbing, etc, allowed. ONLY sword fighting. fight is in a huge open field.

who wins?

1. upon a KO/Incapacitation

2. when one of them is destroyed

Mindset
Wolverine

Wolverine

He has the height of a small child and the arm length of Yao Ming, I assume this would help him in a sword fight.

psycho gundam
not sure how wolverine will be able to block those sword swings from wonder woman. his guard should be blown back.

wildernesss
Originally posted by psycho gundam
not sure how wolverine will be able to block those sword swings from wonder woman. his guard should be blown back.

I beleive the Muramasa blade causes a substantial increase in strength iirc.

Mindset
not sure how wolverine will be able to block those sword swings from wonder woman. his guard should be blown back. Parry

Starscream M
not sure how wolverine will be able to block those sword swings from wonder woman. his guard should be blown back. depends on how good of a swordsman WW is

if she is as good as logan, then logan can't defend her blows

if she is nowhere near as good, then logan can prob sidestep her attacks

Q99
Wonder Woman. She's good with a sword too, and many times stronger (even if his sword grants a strength boost, which I don't think it does), he's going to be knocked back by many blows.

Also, it is possible to damage his sword, so it might even end up broken.

psycho gundam
don't make me summon nvr

wildernesss
Originally posted by Starscream M
depends on how good of a swordsman WW is

if she is as good as logan, then logan can't defend her blows

if she is nowhere near as good, then logan can prob sidestep her attacks

what evidence is there to suggest that WW is even 1/3 the swordsman logan is? even IF she was, the Muramasa blade ups the strength stats of whoever has it.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
Wonder Woman. She's good with a sword too, and many times stronger (even if his sword grants a strength boost, which I don't think it does), he's going to be knocked back by many blows.

Also, it is possible to damage his sword, so it might even end up broken. Originally posted by Mindset
Parry

wildernesss
Originally posted by Q99

Also, it is possible to damage his sword, so it might even end up broken.

WW is NOT anywhere near logan's mastery with a sword.

JakeTheBank
Does it increase the level of the user to something close to planetary power?

Mindset
It increases your ability to parry.

Dum Dum Dugan
No it doesent, the blade that increase strength was given to silver samurai. And it does not simply increase strength, but causes the user to be invest by a demon of sorts. Wolverine current sword is forge out of his soul is nearly unbreakable and capable of slicing objects at atomic levels. It also signicicantly decreases the person ability to heal if wounded by it.

wildernesss
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Does it increase the level of the user to something close to planetary power?

it becomes irrelevant when there are no WW feats to speak of that suggest she is even 1/3 logan's level with a sword. brute strength isn't enough to negate that weakness.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by wildernesss
it becomes irrelevent when there are no WW feats to speak of that suggest she is even 1/3 logan's level with a sword. brute strength isn't enough to negate that weakness.

Aside from her regularly sparring with her fellow Amazons, I guess, sure.

Not sure how it's irrelevant when her strength factor is many magnitude's higher than his own and her sword can shave electrons off of an atom.

psycho gundam

Not sure how it's irrelevant when her strength factor is many magnitude's higher than his own and her sword can shave electrons off of an atom. i know right

wildernesss

Not sure how it's irrelevant when her strength factor is many magnitude's higher than his own and her sword can shave electrons off of an atom.

you do realize that any wound she sustains from logan will heal extremely slowly or won't heal at all, ever? her sword (as powerful as it is) will not cut through adamantium & her fellow amazons are not swordsman of logan's level. WW has next to ZERO feats with a sword outside of sparring. logan on the other hand has feat after feat of actual field combat.

Q99
it becomes irrelevent when there are no WW feats to speak of that suggest she is even 1/3 logan's level with a sword. brute strength isn't enough to negate that weakness.

We know her general melee skill is high up there, why should she be worse with a sword? We have seen her face legendary figures like Beowulf and Claw the Unconquered (DC's answer to Conan. Has crossed over with Red Sonja) with a sword as well, totally unpowered.

So no, that weakness doesn't exist, which makes the strength thing rather telling. Also, what's with you and pitting Logan against Wonder Woman again and again? They just... aren't a good matchup.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Q99
We know her general melee skill is high up there, why should she be worse with a sword? We have seen her face legendary figures like Beowulf and Claw the Unconquered (DC's answer to Conan. Has crossed over with Red Sonja) with a sword as well, totally unpowered.

So no, that weakness doesn't exist, which makes the strength thing rather telling. Also, what's with you and pitting Logan against Wonder Woman again and again? They just... aren't a good matchup.

JakeTheBank
you do realize that any wound she sustains from logan will heal extremely slowly or won't heal at all, ever? her sword (as powerful as it is) will not cut through adamantium & her fellow amazons are not swordsman of logan's level. WW has next to ZERO feats with a sword.

You do realize that any wound sustained to Logan from someone in her strength class with a bladed object will damage him enough to make it so he's practically out of the fight (whether he'll heal again or not). Having a healing factor doesn't mean Logan can straight up no sell attacks, especially not from someone with Class 100 + strength.

Wrong on the next to zero feats claim, as well.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Q99

did she defeat Beowulf in that sword fight? was it a stalemate? was it one sided in Beowulf's favor? without specific outcomes & context this is too vague and general to grant any validity to WW being anywhere near logan's level. I'm not even slightly impressed with the Claw the unconquered reference. Next.

and I only have one other thread with logan against WW. get over it.

Q99
did she defeat Beowulf in that sword fight? was it a stalemate? was it one sided in Beowulf's favor? without specific outcomes & context this is too vague and general to grant any validity to WW being anywhere near logan's level.

She was winning until they had to deal with a buncha demonically possessed people. You know how it goes.

Doesn't matter that he's a proven skilled foe though that she, likewise, was doing just fine against.

Don't forget the other one with Wonder Girl and X-23 in it.

wildernesss
You do realize that any wound sustained to Logan from someone in her strength class with a bladed object will damage him enough to make it so he's practically out of the fight (whether he'll heal again or not). Having a healing factor doesn't mean Logan can straight up no sell attacks, especially not from someone with Class 100 + strength.

Wrong on the next to zero feats claim, as well.

not zero feats...but a handful is pretty close to zero. to wound logan she will have to strike his flesh; that would be dependent upon being a better swordsman, which she is not. even if she strikes a mortal blow, he would continue to heal while any wound she sustained would not. she would eventually fall due to sustained damage. basically, she may win scenario 1. she loses scenario 2.

chomperx9
what ever happened to WWs super strength ? or am i missing something from current WW ?

wildernesss
Originally posted by Q99

She was winning until they had to deal with a buncha demonically possessed people. You know how it goes.

Doesn't matter that he's a proven skilled foe though that she, likewise, was doing just fine against.

Don't forget the other one with Wonder Girl and X-23 in it.

she was winning but didn't win; and she did "fine" against claw. why don't those two feats impress me when stacked against decades of logan's feats with a sword?

X-23 could beat the original donna troy WG imho btw.

Q99
not zero feats...but a handful is pretty close to zero.

"A handful" against legendary warriors.

As well as generally shown to have the martial arts skills to fight top-tiers with pretty much any weapon and hold her own. Unarmed, staff, spear, whatever.

Nope. With her strength, Logan'll be thrown around by her blows, hard. She doesn't need to outfight him with the strength advantage. A nice hit to his ribcage won't do anything mortal thanks to his skeleton, but he'll sure as heck feel the shock and be knocked down.

Don't forget he holds the way to end the fight quickly- once a class 100 strike knocks the sword from his hand, she can use it too.

Because you're oddly focused on the weird idea that Logan stands a chance against her?

If you hold the advantage against two legendary figures, the fact that you don't have the quantity of feats doesn't change that the feats she does have portray her as someone very much able to match swords against Logan.

Cogito
WW is the most skilled combatant on DC Earth. She and the Amazonians train forever in all forms of combat, including a multitude of weapons. I see know reason why she would not be on Logan's skill level.

Shaving electrons off an atom is ridiculous. There's no logical reason why a sword that could do that wouldn't cut right through adamantium, seeing as how it's composed of atoms itself.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by chomperx9
what ever happened to WWs super strength ? or am i missing something from current WW ? shit....i actually forgot about that

does anyone know how strong current wonder woman is?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Cogito
WW is the most skilled combatant on DC Earth. She and the Amazonians train forever in all forms of combat, including a multitude of weapons. I see know reason why she would not be on Logan's skill level.

Shaving electrons off an atom is ridiculous. There's no logical reason why a sword that could do that wouldn't cut right through adamantium, seeing as how it's composed of atoms itself. karate kid, Batman, Cassandra, would own WW in H2H without her powers and lasso.

wildernesss
shit....i actually forgot about that

LOLZ

Q99
shit....i actually forgot about that

She's about back to 100%.

Also considering this is the Sword of Hephaestus, which only the original wielded, and the current one is only a one-shot, I assumed this is classic.

Cogito
karate kid, Batman, Cassandra, would own WW in H2H without her powers and lasso.

Karate Kid is from the future, so I don't count that. Batman, IIRC, has acknowledged WW as the best, don't know how to compare Cassandra

JakeTheBank
karate kid, Batman, Cassandra, would own WW in H2H without her powers and lasso.

Combatant =/= H2H fighter.

In terms of the various art of war, tactics, multiple weapon disciplines, and her style of hand to hand fighting and using her powers/gear effectively, it stands to reason labeling her the world's best combatant on DC Earth is pretty accurate.

As far as Current Diana goes, I'd say she's lower end class 100 instead of middle tier like Classic.

Harbinger
In a completely depowered setting, I'd take Cassandra Cain over Diana.

Doesn't really change the fact that WW is one of the most skilled fighters in DCU, though. Not Bronze Tiger/Karate Kid level, but still among the best, IMO.

EDIT: Since Cogito and Jake made more nuanced arguments, completely disregard this post.

Dum Dum Dugan
I not saying WW does not win, but people are very much sadly mistaken if they think WW is a match for Wolverine in swordmenship skill. He is with out a doubt the superior swordsmen.

chomperx9
Karate Kid is from the future, so I don't count that. Batman, IIRC, has acknowledged WW as the best, don't know how to compare Cassandra kyle reese is from the future to, so i guess that makes it spite towards diana as well if they fought roll eyes (sarcastic)

wildernesss
Originally posted by Q99
"A handful" against legendary warriors.

As well as generally shown to have the martial arts skills to fight top-tiers with pretty much any weapon and hold her own. Unarmed, staff, spear, whatever.

Nope. With her strength, Logan'll be thrown around by her blows, hard. She doesn't need to outfight him with the strength advantage. A nice hit to his ribcage won't do anything mortal thanks to his skeleton, but he'll sure as heck feel the shock and be knocked down.

Don't forget he holds the way to end the fight quickly- once a class 100 strike knocks the sword from his hand, she can use it too.

Because you're oddly focused on the weird idea that Logan stands a chance against her?

If you hold the advantage against two legendary figures, the fact that you don't have the quantity of feats doesn't change that the feats she does have portray her as someone very much able to match swords against Logan.

Logan has quantity AND quality feats. doing "fine" against Claw doesn't impress me. did you see what logan was able to do with a sword while in hell?

Q99
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I not saying WW does not win, but people are very much sadly mistaken if they think WW is a match for Wolverine in swordmenship skill. He is with out a doubt the superior swordsmen.

Considering he focused on sword for many, many years while she's an all-arounder, I'll buy that he's better, but we aren't talking a big gap either.

Mindset
I've seen better displays of swordplay from Wolverine.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Q99
Considering he focused on sword for many, many years while she's an all-arounder, I'll buy that he's better, but we aren't talking a big gap either.
yes there is with out a doubt a gap. He straight up beat Silver Samurai ass with haft a sword, while he had two swords. Diana has done nothing remotely close to the achievement of swordmanship skill.

Also Logan focus upon blades weapons and sword espcially, however he is extremely skilled in the art of numerous weapons.

Harbinger
Trunks wins this shit. Wanna see his sword? I don't think you do.

chomperx9
Logan trained with the Samurais. and I find the Samurais more experienced with swords than any of the hookers Diana trained with off of lezbo island.

JakeTheBank
yes there is with out a doubt a gap. He straight up beat Silver Samurai ass with haft a sword, while he had two swords. Diana has done nothing remotely close to the achievement of swordmanship skill.

Also Logan focus upon blades weapons and sword espcially, however he is extremely skilled in the art of numerous weapons.

The gap isn't large enough for Logan to overcome Diana's absurd strength advantage.

Dum Dum Dugan
The gap isn't large enough for Logan to overcome Diana's absurd strength advantage.
No, but lets not kid are selfs, wolverine with equal stats, would mop the floor with diana in a sword fight.

JakeTheBank
Logan trained with the Samurais. and I find the Samurais more experienced with swords than any of the hookers Diana trained with off of lezbo island.

Greecian swordplay =/= the style used by various parts of the Orient.

Completely different disciplines.

JakeTheBank
No, but lets not kid are selfs, wolverine with equal stats, would mop the floor with diana in a sword fight.

And Diana would curbstomp Logan if she wasn't handicapped to throw him a bone. What's your point?

Dum Dum Dugan
And Diana would curbstomp Logan if she wasn't handicapped to throw him a bone. What's your point?
what do u mean my point? I made my point very clear.

JakeTheBank
what do u mean my point? I made my point very clear.

I guess I don't see the point in bringing up "well, if character A had ______ and character B didn't have _______ than A would clearly beat B."

wildernesss

logan will keep healing; WW will not. logan wins scenario 2 that I posted in the opening post.

Cogito
logan will keep healing; WW will not. logan wins scenario 2 that I posted in the opening post.

She'll keep dicing him like an onion, except she won't cry cutting him up

Dum Dum Dugan
I guess I don't see the point in bringing up "well, if character A had ______ and character B didn't have _______ than A would clearly beat B."
I not trying to make him the winner, I dont care. I know he loses to her, but people are kidding them selfs if they think she remotely on his level in swordmenship. Becuase she not, which was my entire point from the get go.

JakeTheBank

Yeah, he'll heal. It won't really mean anything if the wound itself is grievous enough to incapacitate Logan long enough to make him unable to fight or defend himself, which is well within Diana's ability to do so.

Mindset
I agree with DDM.

That ends this discussion.

wildernesss
She'll keep dicing him like an onion, except she won't cry cutting him up

logan has regenerated from a skeleton before. Jean Grey Phoenix restores logan from death on a spiritual level; Therefore, WW will eventually tire. logan won't stop regenerating & will eventually defeat her in scenario 2. it could take days, months, years. who knows; but logan will win.

Q99

One, if you're so sure, why make the thread?

Two, nah. As said, once he loses his sword due to damage sustained or from being flung into the air from hits, she'll just use it.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Q99
One, if you're so sure, why make the thread?

Two, nah. As said, once he loses his sword due to damage sustained or from being flung into the air from hits, she'll just use it.

cause i'm not sure about scenario one. scenario 2 I'm was UNSURE
about until some rather lame WW feats surfaced.

I said no grabbing in the op rules; this would include grabbing the opponents sword. especially when the opponent is knocked down; she has to use her own sword.

Cogito
logan has regenerated from a skeleton before. Jean Grey Phoenix restores logan from death on a spiritual level; Therefore, WW will eventually tire. logan won't stop regenerating & will eventually defeat her in scenario 2. it could take days, months, years. who knows; but logan will win.

WW cuts electrons off atoms. I don't care how good his healing factor is, its not going to reattach electrons. It could take days, months, years. who knows; WW will win.

Edit: After reconsidering, I don't know how Logan heals from nothing. The guy pulls the matter to create new cells out of nowhere, so hell, maybe he can reattach electrons, as stupid as that is.

Q99
cause i'm not sure about scenario one. scenario 2 I'm was UNSURE
about until some rather lame WW feats surfaced.

So you were unsure until you found out some stuff that showed she had beaten some legendary warriors in swordfights, and that made you decide she was weaker?

Chains of events don't work that way. You were 'sure' ahead of time (heck, beforehand you were arguing she only had 1/3rd his skill) and simply decided to not change your stance when new information said otherwise.

I sense goalpost shifting. There's a big difference between grabbing an opponent and using a sword lying there.

Also, aside from that sword it is rather unclear just what *can* kill Wolverine.

Hm..... one option is to simply hit the sword with her sword hard enough to inflict major wounds on him smile Grabbing is not required.

wildernesss
Originally posted by Q99
So you were unsure until you found out some stuff that showed she had beaten some legendary warriors in swordfights, and that made you decide she was weaker?

Chains of events don't work that way. You were 'sure' ahead of time (heck, beforehand you were arguing she only had 1/3rd his skill) and simply decided to not change your stance when new information said otherwise.

I sense goalpost shifting. There's a big difference between grabbing an opponent and using a sword lying there.

Also, aside from that sword it is rather unclear just what *can* kill Wolverine.

Hm..... one option is to simply hit the sword with her sword hard enough to inflict major wounds on him smile Grabbing is not required.

Claw is legendary? who knew? she has one example of NOT winning against a legendary warrior (singular). she doesn't have the feats to suggest she's anywhere near logan with a sword.

I don't care if you sense goalpost shifting; i was remiss in not specifically stating it, but when I said "no grabbing, etc" I meant they must use their own swords.

power equals strength x speed. WW has no super speed here & thus her striking power with a sword would be dimished enough for logan to parry and/or evade her heavy cumbersome attacks. logan wins smile

psycho gundam
I know he loses to her. /thread

Q99
Claw is legendary? who knew?

Called "The Unconquered," through his proven power in combat, strongest on his world, yadda yadda. Kinda a badass.

She has feats showing as a melee warrior in general she's on a skill level somewhere around Black Canary and Batman.

Then, when rendered powerless, given a sword and matched up against great fighters, she held the edge.

She doesn't have any feats suggesting she's not on high level, while possessing several that do.

I sense that you are only adding that retroactively.

But hey, here's another one: Diana manages to knock Logan back hard enough that he drops the sword. She then hits his blade into orbit with hers. By the rules of the fight, Logan is now no longer allowed to attack her at all.

Nope, she's still class 100, which in comic in no way requires incredible speed as you well know, and she's shown herself to not be in the slightest bit clumsy with a blade whether you like it or not.

To point out the obvious, that she is immensely talented in combat is a significant part of her character.

So, are we done talking about a Diana you made up only in your head...?

wildernesss
ok, so claw is a badass who (as described by you) WW only performed "fine" against; am I missing something? this is a remarkable feat?

ok....so she's a great melee warrior who batman has held is own against occassionally. so what? your follow up about "great fighters" is limp beyond words. who are these "great fighters"? Claw maybe?

I sense that you haven't read enough wolverine....however, so long as were making up scenarios. here's mine. with WW's super speed turned off, logan destroys WW within 10 seconds with an attack that has decades of feats & backstory to back it up.

power equals strength x speed. "incredible" speed isn't her super speed which is turned off here; her power would be dimished. logan has defeated abomination & taken mutiple punches from WW hulk (and recovered almost instantly) while ares was KO with one hit.

no one is making anything up. WW has been without super speed on occassions; she doesn't have many sword feats to speak of. that's Fail.

Q99
Fine as in winning... and it shows she's high level against a very skilled foe.

I mean, it's like, "Oh, sure, so-and-so was performing well against Connor Hawke in archery. What makes you think they're a good shot?". Your comments are non-sequitors.

So... Batman is a top-tier combatant. We're talking about how Wonder Woman does against top-tier combatants.

Are you somehow missing how this answers your questions about her skill?

Claw (who's on a similar level to Red Sonja who's on a similar level to Conan the Barbarian), and Beowulf, Batman, Black Canary...

Listen, using sarcasm quotes doesn't actually make these not skill feats. Your argument is based entirely on use of quotes as if it somehow diffused a point.

She and Superman and Sentry and so many others don't need speed to crush a tank between two fingers.

A flick of her wrist has more power than Logan's whole arm.

That doesn't change that strength does matter against him and it's a lot different having his skeleton take a blow, and trying to hold on to a sword while being sent flying/while the impact is transferred through his hands.

Wonder Woman is a heck of a lot more agile and skilled than those foes are.

She just has enough to shoot down your entire point smile

You're making up that she's poor with a sword based on wishful thoughts and ignoring that all evidence points to her being quite good with a sword (through the power of sarcasm quotes!).

wildernesss
so, you've gone from saying she performed "fine" against Claw, to "fine as in winning". did she WIN? do you have proof? Is this an attempt to somehow suggest these feats even come close to decades of feats & backstory which place logan among one of the best swordsman in the marvel universe? even if these two WW feats suggest she's formidable with a sword...logan is beyond formidable.

as for non-sequitors, check out your own logic regarding batman. if batman is able to hold his own against WW, how the hell does WW have a better chance with logan who has 10x the durability of batman, the same level (if not MORE strength), and arguably greater proficiency with a sword. sorry, WW brawling it out with batman does NOT support your arguement at all. Fail.

you referenced "great fighters" in an attempt to vaguely suggest more characters (and feats) exsisted outside of the same two. beowulf/claw. whom she didn't even win against.

if strength were truly the deciding variable against logan, then logan wouldn't have defeated abomination or recovered from a vicious WW hulk beating in moments. WW hulk's strength > WW's. logan is better with a sword and potentially quicker in this fight; he can easily parry WW's attack & or dodge them through stealth, agility, and by crouching.

and you're making up that I'm making up that she's poor with a sword; she's not poor with a sword...she's just not even close to logan's level. dueling with beowulf & claw (and not clearly defeating them) points to formidability; however, if you're trying to suggest that after 70+ years of WW, that these two feats are even near the same league as logan's decade after decade of feats that rank him among one of the best swordsman in the marvel universe....then your accusation of wishful thinking is called projection.

Prep-Man
WW.

Martian_mind
White Rabbit and Nightmaster rock up to show these bitches how real swordsmen play.

Konton
Originally posted by Q99
A flick of her wrist has more power than Logan's whole arm.

This reminded me of that scene from (I think) Wonder Woman Vol 2 where Circe absorbed Diana's powers and said something to the effect of "I had no idea it felt this good to be able to level mountains with but a shrug of my shoulder."

WW's super speed turned off; no bracelets, etc. WW has the sword forged by Hephaestus. logan has the Muramasa Blade. no grappling, punching, grabbing, etc, allowed. ONLY sword fighting. fight is in a huge open field.

who wins?

1. upon a KO/Incapacitation

2. when one of them is destroyed her superstrengh is still allowed? shed blow him out of the planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.