Martian Manhunter vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Both have full awareness of each other's powers.

JakeTheBank
Can Mags effect phased beings?

leonidas
pretty sure he was able to eff up kitty once while she was phased, but can't recall when.... quite a while back though. IF i'm remembering right....

SuperiorTech
Don t you have to take in consideration the method used to phase I mean how Kitty phase and John does it are not exactly the same.

leonidas
yeah, i agree. i have no idea if mags could affect jonn while phased, but i don't think jonn can get through his shield either. imo, mags has the versatility edge here and would likely take the majority. i wonder if martians have iron in their blood...

nimbus006
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i agree. i have no idea if mags could affect jonn while phased, but i don't think jonn can get through his shield either. imo, mags has the versatility edge here and would likely take the majority. i wonder if martians have iron in their blood...

Mags has the versatility edge against the swiss army knife of comic book characters?

I don't know about that. If there's anyone Mags doesn't have the versatility edge against, it's MM.

If Mags gets his shields up quick enough then there's a fight. Otherwise, J'onn blitzes, pounds, phases, and blasts FTW.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by nimbus006
Mags has the versatility edge against the swiss army knife of comic book characters?

I don't know about that. If there's anyone Mags doesn't have the versatility edge against, it's MM.

If Mags gets his shields up quick enough then there's a fight. Otherwise, J'onn blitzes, pounds, phases, and blasts FTW.

thumb up

carver9
Ok, Doctor Poloris had blood gushing from MM nose when he was Magnetically controlling his blood. Magneto kills him. Martian blood is rich with Iron, TOO much iron.

Bad matchup.

Mags 9/10

Prep-Man
MM 8/10.

Mindset
Originally posted by nimbus006

If Mags gets his shields up quick enough then there's a fight. Otherwise, J'onn blitzes, pounds, phases, and blasts FTW. Maybe he means Mags uses his versatility more than MM.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
Maybe he means Mags uses his versatility more than MM.

meh, to me it just seems most of mm's versatility is physical--shapeshift, become intangible, invisible, along with the brick traits. i just don't really see those things as helping him here. mags has a wide range of energy manipulating abilities and the ability to affect jonn's blood--if what carver said was true.

if he can phase though mags' shield he can win, but i doubt very much he could and i think mags can affect jonn in a bunch of different ways.

iow, what you said. no expression

Prep-Man
MM shifts himself in another dimension entirely. It's very possible he can get through mags shields and Mags not effecting MM blood to begin with.

Blair Wind
Martian can get through his shield - he phases through another dimension entirely.

If he stays solid however, Doctor Polaris has shown that Martians have lots of iron in their blood. Depends on if MM phases instantly or not. The moment he unphases he better be sticking his arm through Magneto's chest.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Martian can get through his shield - he phases through another dimension entirely.

If he stays solid however, Doctor Polaris has shown that Martians have lots of iron in their blood. Depends on if MM phases instantly or not. The moment he unphases he better be sticking his arm through Magneto's chest.

hmm, not saying he CAN'T phase through, but we know kitty failed and vision also failed. we also know he has a weakness that mag's could easily exploit. all's i'm saying is that it is on the people who say he can phase through the shield to prove he could maybe do so. kitty and vision throw doubt on the idea imo, though the method is obviously different. still, i think "jonn guys" would need some support saying he COULD.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/108/drpolaris10ba4.jpg/

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Vision__Scarlet_Witch_V14_p14.jpg

smile

Blair Wind
hmm, not saying he CAN'T phase through, but we know kitty failed and vision also failed. we also know he has a weakness that mag's could easily exploit. all's i'm saying is that it is on the people who say he can phase through the shield to prove he could maybe do so. kitty and vision throw doubt on the idea imo, though the method is obviously different. still, i think "jonn guys" would need some support saying he COULD.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/108/drpolaris10ba4.jpg/

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/Vision__Scarlet_Witch_V14_p14.jpg

smile

Vision and Kitty phase by lowering their density. If they can't phase through it is because their physical body is still interacting with the shield - albeit at a level most people can't hit them with.

John shunts his body into another dimension. Completely different in every imaginable way.

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Vision and Kitty phase by lowering their density. If they can't phase through it is because their physical body is still interacting with the shield - albeit at a level most people can't hit them with.

John shunts his body into another dimension. Completely different in every imaginable way.

i agree on all counts, but still, SOME proof of him phasing through SOMEONE'S shield would help. mag's can also modulate the frequency of his shield. since they have full knowledge of each other's powers THAT may hinder his attempt as well.

again, not saying with certainty he CAN'T phase through, but dearth of evidence in jonn's favor makes it hard to say he can. based on what i've seen, i'd still go with mags here.

carver9
If MM can't be affected in phase form by a magnetic attack, why didn't he try that against Poloris? Why didn't he just phase before facing him? He had plenty of time to do it. They had entire conversations before facing Poloris and MM was one of the people that was thinking twice about facing him. I don't think it would work.

Magneto would eat away at him.

regarding the intangibility issue, magneto has also pulled the intangible planet killing bullet back to earth.

I do agree that given the dimensional shift of mass employed by mmh, magneto's success against the likes of shadowcat and vision do not necessarily translate into him being able to defend himself or attack MMH while phased and so it is impossible to claim one way or another whether mag's powers would work on a phased mmh, but given the astonishing incompetence displayed by mmh in using that power, even if mags cant affect him while phased I still side with Magneto here. his TP defenses should hold and the iron rip would be a sure kill. he can also blast away or ignite the surroundings with EM radiation - he has produced powerful heat attacks with ambient energy before.

Originally posted by carver9
If MM can't be affected in phase form by a magnetic attack, why didn't he try that against Poloris? Why didn't he just phase before facing him? He had plenty of time to do it. They had entire conversations before facing Poloris and MM was one of the people that was thinking twice about facing him. I don't think it would work.

Magneto would eat away at him. cis and pis can be safely invoked in that case as the JL ignored the threat posed by DP and gave him the opening for the first attack

Prep-Man
Dr. Polaris was very much amped in his encounter with the JLA. Many occasions, actually.

Mindset
His amps make him almost Magneto level.

Almost.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Dr. Polaris was very much amped in his encounter with the JLA. Many occasions, actually. he still didnt do anything magneto doesnt do on a weekly basis

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
His amps make him almost Magneto level.

Almost.

yes

ankur29
MM

Martian_mind
i agree on all counts, but still, SOME proof of him phasing through SOMEONE'S shield would help.
\.

JLA:Midsummers Nightmare, Jonn phases through a shield that Superman couldn't dent IIRC. I could be wrong though.

You should read it anyway, great book.

Eon Blue
MM

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
he still didnt do anything magneto doesnt do on a weekly basis

Depends on which amp. When he fought Hal jordan, he was ripping holes in reality.

Depends on which amp. When he fought Hal jordan, he was ripping holes in reality. I meant when he took the league down in the north pole

Prep-Man
I've never seen Magneto defeat a group of heroes like the JLA. I know he held everyone (X-men, X-Force, etc...) during Fatal Attractions, but has he taken down a more powerful lineup like the big 7?

carver9
I've never seen Magneto defeat a group of heroes like the JLA. I know he held everyone (X-men, X-Force, etc...) during Fatal Attractions, but has he taken down a more powerful lineup like the big 7?

Uuummm, Magneto ran through the entire Avengers line up more than once.

Prep-Man
What lineup?

I've never seen Magneto defeat a group of heroes like the JLA. I know he held everyone (X-men, X-Force, etc...) during Fatal Attractions, but has he taken down a more powerful lineup like the big 7? took out the defenders- classic strange, SS, hulk and namor - with a bit of prep, which DP also ahd in that instance. the thing is that the attacks DP used on the JL, magneto has done before on the same level of multitasking and their most moronic reactions to them can be described as pis.

Prep-Man
Dr. Polaris was a bit of PIS, too. I think Loeb apologized later. But Polaris has been doing powerful things before. Even Pre-Crisis when he faced PC Hal.

Dr. Polaris was a bit of PIS, too. I think Loeb apologized later. But Polaris has been doing powerful things before. Even Pre-Crisis when he faced PC Hal. well sure, but everyoen was more powerful before the crisis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.