Voldemort/Dumbledore (all wizards) vs. Sidious all jedi/sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
This is movie versions only, obviously. No book feats count for either side. The star wars side has two eras basically to go after all wizards. Wizards are only allowed wands whereas jedi/sith are only allowed lightsabers. Go!!!!!!!!

Impediment
Now that RJ is banned, I can comfortably say, without fear of massive butt hurt trolling, that Jedi/Sith stomp with precog, Force holds, wand stealing via The Force, and Force choke.

Boom.

quanchi112
Uh oh looks like we have our first disagreement. I'm taking Voldemort and the wizards here.

Darth Truculent
Hopefully we will not have fanboyism on both sides.

Force vs magic? Good battle. Personally on me for the Sith and Jedi, it depends on strength and power of the Force wielder. During the Clone Wars, we see most of the Force abilities that are described. I do not think any Wizard in HP mythos would survive a FL attack. One of the Jedi and Sith rudimentary powers is a Force shield and that would provide them with some protection. A lightsaber can cleave a body with ease. There are other abilities, but it would take to long to write.

Harry Potter, I'm not too well knowledgable so someone will have to argue for him.

the ninjak
I noticed in the recent film a couple of Slitherin kids created huge fire creatures in the shape of snakes and lions and stuff. What's stopping such creatures being made in their hundreds swarming the Jedi/Sith and incinerating them?
I'm talking about the scene when Harry and friends take on Malfoy and his friends in the hidden treasure room.

Harry Potter is full of inconsistencies. But those 3 kids created those creatures with a mere flick of their wands. And Jedi/Sith aint blocking giant fire inferno creatures.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by the ninjak
I noticed in the recent film a couple of Slitherin kids created huge fire creatures in the shape of snakes and lions and stuff. What's stopping such creatures being made in their hundreds swarming the Jedi/Sith and incinerating them?
I'm talking about the scene when Harry and friends take on Malfoy and his friends in the hidden treasure room.

Harry Potter is full of inconsistencies. But those 3 kids created those creatures with a mere flick of their wands. And Jedi/Sith aint blocking giant fire inferno creatures.

but by that same token avada kedavra won't work either since it failed to kill harry..

with force choke, force lightning and lightsabers, jedi/sith win..

Darth Truculent
Excellent question ninjak. Many of the Jedi and Sith know (but not seen in films) of similar powers. It's called Sith Sorcery and very few have the ability to wield much less control it (see Darth Zannah). Controlling fear can easily overcome those attacks along with a Force Jump. Jedi/Sith can also augment their speed. It is seen in TPM.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but by that same token avada kedavra won't work either since it failed to kill harry..

with force choke, force lightning and lightsabers, jedi/sith win.. That's because of Harry Potter as being a horcrux himself and this won't apply to anyone outside of Harry Potter.

I don't see force choke as dominating anyone in the harry potter verse.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Excellent question ninjak. Many of the Jedi and Sith know (but not seen in films) of similar powers. It's called Sith Sorcery and very few have the ability to wield much less control it (see Darth Zannah). Controlling fear can easily overcome those attacks along with a Force Jump. Jedi/Sith can also augment their speed. It is seen in TPM.

We have no environment for this fight. So by forum rules it must be a huge voided arena. Those fire creatures consumed the ground in around 30 secs. Imagine hundreds of wizards casting the spell then hitting the sky in smoke form. The Jedi can jump in the sky or amp their speed but it's only a matter of time before they're consumed in flames. Alot of wizards will die as well but Slitherin children did this.

Are we going by film feats only I've never seen Jedi/Sith display such feats in the films. Including the Clone Wars movie.

quanchi112
We have no environment for this fight. So by forum rules it must be a huge voided arena. Those fire creatures consumed the ground in around 30 secs. Imagine hundreds of wizards casting the spell then hitting the sky in smoke form. The Jedi can jump in the sky or amp their speed but it's only a matter of time before they're consumed in flames. Alot of wizards will die as well but Slitherin children did this.

Are we going by film feats only I've never seen Jedi/Sith display such feats in the films. Including the Clone Wars movie. Yes, no animated films just the regular movies.

the ninjak
Quan. A question people haven't been able to answer is why Harry survived a Death Spell. You said he was a holcrux. What does that mean exactly?
Was he one of Voldy's anchors to the physical world?
And his temporary death meant the link was severed?
And if so why did it mean he could shake off its effects?

quanchi112
Quan. A question people haven't been able to answer is why Harry survived a Death Spell. You said he was a holcrux. What does that mean exactly?
Was he one of Voldy's anchors to the physical world?
And his temporary death meant the link was severed?
And if so why did it mean he could shake off its effects? The death curse only killed the part of Voldemort's soul that was attached to Harry imo. Harry also allowed himself to be killed/well Voldemort's soul anyways but could return from his own choosing because of this and because he was the rightful wielder of the elder wand so he had to allow the killling curse to work on him in the first place.

The fight was rigged so Voldemort was going to lose no matter what because of the elder wand and it being malfoy's who harry potter disarmed so he was rightful owner and being the reason it resisted Voldemort.

the ninjak
Cool so it was part Voldy killing Harry's link to Voldy and the fact that the wand was unaligned. Cheers.

quanchi112
Cool so it was part Voldy killing Harry's link to Voldy and the fact that the wand was unaligned. Cheers. It was aligned to Harry but yeah because of all those special circumstances it didn't just outright kill Harry which doesn't hold true for any of the sith/jedi.

ares834
Cool so it was part Voldy killing Harry's link to Voldy and the fact that the wand was unaligned. Cheers.

Sorta. It's not fully explained in the movie. But remember in the fourth movie that Voldemort recreated his body using Harry's blood. This allowed Lily's protection for Harry to continue to exist even after Harry "died". In this way Voldemort was a psuedo-horcrux for Harry. As for the wand thing... Unlike in the book it is effective agianst him so that is not the reason.

Darth Truculent
TPM is an acronym for "The Phantom Menace" - Obi Wan and Qui Gon-Jinn were under fire by destroyer droids when they fled using Force augmented speed.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
TPM is an acronym for "The Phantom Menace" - Obi Wan and Qui Gon-Jinn were under fire by destroyer droids when they fled using Force augmented speed.

Yeah but what's that gonna do in a forum arena environment when then entire ground is consumed in an fiery living inferno?

quanchi112
Yeah but what's that gonna do in a forum arena environment when then entire ground is consumed in an fiery living inferno? Exactly.

Nephthys
Can the wizards maintain and control said fire while in their smoke forms?

Thoren
I see Dumbledore and Voldemort giving loads of trouble to the Jedi and Sith. But I don't think the wizards will take this fight, but will inflict major casualties to the jedi/sith.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Thoren
I see Dumbledore and Voldemort giving loads of trouble to the Jedi and Sith. But I don't think the wizards will take this fight, but will inflict major casualties to the jedi/sith. You really don't think they can win here ? Think about how many wizards were seen in the final battle as well.

dadudemon
Definitely the wizards win. We've already been over the reasons why.

Fiendfyre is hardly the reason. Jedi and Sith could easily control the extremely "lightweight" fire. It's the fact that some of the more powerful wizards have better TK feats than the force users: busting up all the glass in a room hundreds of feet tall, "force stopping" a train, and so forth.

I think the force users are more than enough to kill most of the wizards. It comes down to the fastest and most skilled wizards turning the tide.

And before a wizard supporter says it: a force user could easily force push and pull a wizard around, while either party is in a shield charm.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Nephthys
Can the wizards maintain and control said fire while in their smoke forms?

No the inferno creatures are indiscriminate in who they kill in the film. So the wizards must turn to smoke.

ares834
Well Voldy may have used Fiendfyre in OOTP. And he did have control over it.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by quanchi112
The death curse only killed the part of Voldemort's soul that was attached to Harry imo. Harry also allowed himself to be killed/well Voldemort's soul anyways but could return from his own choosing because of this and because he was the rightful wielder of the elder wand so he had to allow the killling curse to work on him in the first place.

The fight was rigged so Voldemort was going to lose no matter what because of the elder wand and it being malfoy's who harry potter disarmed so he was rightful owner and being the reason it resisted Voldemort.

Just clarifying -

BECAUSE Harry sacrificed himself to Voldy's Avada Kedavra, it pulled the same blessing that happened when Lily sacrificed herself for Harry - for a great while, Voldemort couldn't directly harm Harry.

So when Harry sacrificed himself for all of the wizard world and especially the people at Hogwarts.... well, the charm went mega and all of Hogwarts was protected from Voldemort's curses. Nothing can now touch those wizards.

As Dumbledore explained, when Voldemort used Harry's blood to re-solidify himself, that was the second link between them. As long as Voldemort had a bit of Harry's blood in him, he couldn't kill Harry, So the AK killed the Horcrux that was Harry, and regular Harry came back to life.

I know, it's really confusing. But I guess is on point - to show just exactly how powerful and weaved in and complicated magic is - especially to those who know how to wield it.

And if both Voldemort and Dumbledore are fighting the Jedi/Sith/Star Wars canon, then their chanced of winning are doubled. Dumbledore as the Greatest Wizard who lived, and Voldemort as the Greatest Evil Wizard that ever lived. United, as the fight starter has put them... and with the thousands of spells at a wizard's command... I have to say JK Rowlings universe wins.

ETA : are you allowing HP-verse creatures as well? Because then we've got to include dragons, sphinxes, poisonous plants, giants, hippogriffs, giant spiders, giant snakes, pixies, grindylows, unicorns, slugs, werewolves, vampires, and even monster books.

Wizards have more pure Power than the other side, and every wizard can summon high amounts of power, the great wizards can summon awesome amounts of power... not like Jedi, whose skills are varied and some even not yet trained.

quanchi112
@Sirius

But Voldemort was still blowing people back aka neville. I have heard in the movie they make this painfully clear but do you feel they did so in this movie.

I also don't include any of the creatures just wizards only just like jedi/sith can be creatures or aliens but no aliens outside of the jedi/sith.

siriuswriter
@quanchi - yes, that was made very, very clear in the books because it solved a big mystery that HP nutters like me were concerned about.

Something very big from the fourth book was that when Dumbledore heard that Voldemort had used Harry's blood, he looked "triumphant." And the seventh book told us why.

In the movie when Harry was in the "in-between place," Dumbles explains the spell and its reaction, but for me I needed to read it to understand it rather than hear it to understand it. But of course, movie Harry had blue eyes, not emerald, and brown hair, not black, but everything still worked out. Because I have read the books, I was able to intuit those moments in the film which touched on the subject.

If I hadn't read the books, I'd be totally dazed and confused right now, and saying something nice about the cinematography and action shots.

gideongarner01
Your either not very smart or know nothing about Star Wars if you think Harry Potter bees can win.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by quanchi112
Uh oh looks like we have our first disagreement. I'm taking Voldemort and the wizards here.

So unexpected..

Josh_Alexander
SW is the superior universe.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
So unexpected.. Voldemort is superior to any Sith we have ever seen thus far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.