Wonder Woman VS Polaris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Wonder Woman VS Polaris

no prep. WW has her standard equipment. Polaris enters fight with shields up. fight ends upon a KO/incapacitation.

who wins?

1. classic Polaris

2. current Polaris

Q99
Wonder Woman either way.

current polaris can win: bloodflow reversal, equipment manipulation etc.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by 753

Hmm I don't know...Gladiator sort of showed her up in Kingbreaker.

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Hmm I don't know...Gladiator sort of showed her up in Kingbreaker. yeah, but isnt gladiator somewhat above diana? he doesnt carrry the cut all tiara either

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
yeah, but isnt gladiator somewhat above diana?
Barely if at all. And she's much more skilled than him.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
Wonder Woman either way.

JakeTheBank
Diana

Q99
Originally posted by 753

I don't think messing with blood'll stomp Diana, and if they're both tugging on equipment, Diana'll win.

Originally posted by Q99
I don't think messing with blood'll stomp Diana, and if they're both tugging on equipment, Diana'll win. the tiara isnt tied to her head. why wouldnt bloodflow manipualtion work? I give the majority do WW too, but polaris can take wins

Q99
Originally posted by 753
the tiara isnt tied to her head.

If Polaris tries to yank it it's not like she can't grab it.

Does it really take someone out fast, especially someone with high toughness and healing factor? And can she do it on a rapidly moving target? Because I doubt she's going to have much time, and unless they get into an equipment tug-of-war, Diana's probably going to get in her face pretty quickly.

Originally posted by Q99
If Polaris tries to yank it it's not like she can't grab it.

Does it really take someone out fast, especially someone with high toughness and healing factor? And can she do it on a rapidly moving target? Because I doubt she's going to have much time, and unless they get into an equipment tug-of-war, Diana's probably going to get in her face pretty quickly.

Im not so sure about that, slowing her arms throught the bracelets or simply blasting her as a distraction while taking the tiara shouldnt be that difficult.

when she crippled all the x-men at her wedding it worked instantly on folks with better healing factors and some superdurabilty, albeit inferior to WW's. perhaps a blitz would neutralize it, but Im not so sure, she can cast it as an AoE attack and with cis on there is the matter of how often WW blitzes from the get go. the revamped polaris - post genosha - on the other hand, appealed to exotic attacks as her standard

basilisk
Polaris does a Doc Polaris and takes advantage of WW's susceptibility to high voltage current through her bracelets.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Barely if at all. And she's much more skilled than him.

Debatable if she's more skilled. I really wouldn't bring up Glads koing her though since in that same arc he koed a phoenix with a single hit and took out Rachel with a single hit right after dropping Poloris. He was on a roll.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Debatable if she's more skilled.

What makes you say that?

Q99
Originally posted by basilisk
Polaris does a Doc Polaris and takes advantage of WW's susceptibility to high voltage current through her bracelets.

That's not at all consistent. She shrugs lightning on multiple occasions no problem, it's not normally a weakness of hers.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What makes you say that?

Because Kallark has been trained in the Shiar arts. That's why he was able to do what he did to Hyperion the way he did it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Magneto used the blood control tactic to toss around everyone from the Hulk to Hercules to X-men effortlessly so I'd say Polaris would most likely be able to use it as a pretty effective tool against Diana in combat. Especially based on the type of control she illustrated during the time she went mad. Using the bracers against her would also be pretty effective.

Classic Polaris would almost surely lose from what I remember. The modern day version is more powerful and I can see her taking a split. At least based on some higher end showings. Good fight either way.

chomperx9
someone post an image of the feat where Polaris has control over WWs bracers. I forgot the issue

Q99
Originally posted by chomperx9
someone post an image of the feat where Polaris has control over WWs bracers. I forgot the issue

That issue is one known for PIS though, for pretty much the entire league. Wonder Woman, as mentioned, has taken electricity plenty of times, up to and including Zeus's lightning.

Nor was she taken out even in that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.