Ellis's run on X-Men Vs Morrison's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Warren Ellis or Grant Morrison. Which run on X-Men do you prefer and why?

srankmissingnin
So we are talking New X-Men vs Astonishing X-Men? Morrison wins that battle, but if we are allowed to sub in Ellis run on Generation X or X-Force or even Wolverine in place of that abysmal Astonishing run, he wins.

I should note that I don't think Morrision's run on New X-Men was particularly good, and I like it less and less every subsequent time I re-read it, but Ellis' Astonishing run was a mess.

Prep-Man
Yeah, the X-Men runs.

Prep-Man
Don't forget where Fantomex came from!! mad

srankmissingnin
I love Fantomex! But I think Morrison is the Tarantino of the comic world... as in completely over rated with almost nothing of note on his resume. cool

Prep-Man
Animal Man, All-Star Superman, Doom Patrol, and Invisibles are all great, IMO, but he's an acquired taste.

Prep-Man
And Tarantino is an awesome director. Yeah, he steals from other movies, but he makes it his own. Inglorious Bastards is his masterpiece, IMO.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Animal Man, All-Star Superman, Doom Patrol, and Invisibles are all great, IMO, but he's an acquired taste.

The exceptions to the rule. Even Tarantino has Reservoir Dogs floating above the crap that is the rest of his movies.

Prep-Man
You are a hard man to please, srank. Not a Kill Bill fan, huh?

srankmissingnin
You are a hard man to please, srank. Not a Kill Bill fan, huh?

Kill Bill is a ****ing joke. Tarantino says he is making homages but all he does is rip off other movies and produce parodies of the genres he claims to love.

Konton

Animal Man <3

StiltmanFTW
Yep, Morrison's New > Ellis' Astonishing. Not saying the latter sucked, actually I'm one of the few that wasn't drolling over Whedon's work, so I welcomed the change.

Q99

And his JLA's not bad either (also his most straitforward superhero work).

StyleTime
Been said already, but Morrison's New Xmen is superior to Ellis's Astonishing Xmen.

-Pr-
Morrison. it's arguably the most relatable i've ever seen some of the characters, and (some) were brilliantly written.

Ellis was very up and down I thought, and didn't really live up to the hype. He's capable of better though.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
And his JLA's not bad either (also his most straitforward superhero work).

Forgot about that. I also liked Marvel Boy and his mini on Fantastic Four.

ExodusCloak
Morrisons run hands down. It was superb. The only saving grace on Ellis's run was Kaare Andrews.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.