Akuma vs Jinpachi Mishima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betterman
Akuma and Jinpachi are at full power and can use anything they know.

However, Akuma will only use his Shin Akuma form if he needs be.

No outside help, the battle takes place in a meadow during a storm.

Who wins?

BloodRain
Akuma, definatly...

StyleTime
Akuma beats dat ass.

stargun
Akuma > Tekken

samirerre
lol its impossible to beat akuma,theres just to much fanboys

Tha C-Master
No, there's just too many fanboys who hate to see their characters lose so they throw a big temper tantrum instead of seeing the truth.

Darkstorm Zero
Or actually proving their case...

Alot of what is seen basically equals = http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jyaFg9IwHtQ/TJMpHm4VvCI/AAAAAAAAHWE/yCxdUF6io3A/s320/crybaby-truth.jpg

Tha C-Master
Yep.

How are you?

Darkstorm Zero
Tired.... extremely tired...

You?

samirerre
^^ lol true but give me a break ,when it comes to akuma
fanboys are gonna go wild,and that nothing close to what you two said

Tha C-Master
Every character has fanboys. Nobody here has stated anything but the truth (as far as I know) if they are fanboys I'll be the first to call them out on it. Seeing as I'm the fanboy slayer and all.

Esomark
Hasn't this match been done many times before?

But anyway, Akuma wins. No need to become Shin Akuma since most of his feats are in his baseline form.

Darkstorm Zero
And i myself have had to step on a few capcom fanboys in the past... I know where to draw the line, many dont, this arguments heat up, and well... *Shrugs*

SamZED
Akuma. Jinpachi is intended to be powerful but has no feats outside of getting his ass kicked by Jin and that non-canon ending. Tossing a really big boulder is hardly gonna give him 1/1000 against Akuma.

Darkstorm Zero
See, I may disagree with Samzed on a few things but... I know Jinpachi was intended to be powerful.

The problem lies in the fact that namco does what SNK did, and that was to create cheap throwaway bosses that where never intended for more than a single game (As was the case with Jinpachi, true Ogre and now Azazel, along with some of Soul Caliburs bosses too)

That really irks me a lot. Many of those characters had potential that was wasted...

Bro SMASH
Well Azazel was kind of a bad idea anyway. His background just made the whole Devil Gene thing confusing.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Well Azazel was kind of a bad idea anyway. His background just made the whole Devil Gene thing confusing.

True, wasn't that what Ogre originally was intended to be? the Devil gene's source?

it wan't clear with ogre, but Azazel is now stated to be the Gene's true source... it all comes from him. And yet it doesn't matter, because the Gene is so rare that it's found only in one single lineage in one single bloodline. The Mishimas

crimson_2010
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
True, wasn't that what Ogre originally was intended to be? the Devil gene's source?

it wan't clear with ogre, but Azazel is now stated to be the Gene's true source... it all comes from him. And yet it doesn't matter, because the Gene is so rare that it's found only in one single lineage in one single bloodline. The Mishimas

Nope, Heihachi wanted to become the ultimate life form and he needed the ogre gene+ devil gene. Ogre is like some sort of rival for Devil and he's originally a Alien weapon.

Jinpachi is powerful but like you said, he lacks feats and we can't gauge him properly. Maybe Devil Jin would be a better candidate (he has 2 form now).

And yeah i don't understand the whole devil gene cuz it all started with Kazuya when Heihachi threw him off a cliff, then he made a pact with the Devil and that's where the devil stuff come from. Perhaps Azazel planned all this

Bro SMASH

I'm not sure about Ogre. All I know is that he was just myth creature who appeared out of nowhere.

It's just kind of hard to make some sense out of what the Devil Gene really is.

First, Kazuya hated Heihachi so much that he sold his soul to Devil to make sure he would kill Heihachi(so it's a spiritual thing?).

Next, we hear that Jin has the Devil Gene in his blood since he is the son of Kazuya (okay, so now it's a bloodline thing?).

Last, we hear that this weird creature named Azazel created the Devil Genes (wait, so now it's a mystical thing?).

I just don't quite get it. You can tell they're trying to bring more interest to the Devil Gene storyline but it's just too confusing at this point.

SamZED
See, I may disagree with Samzed on a few things but... I know Jinpachi was intended to be powerful.

The problem lies in the fact that namco does what SNK did, and that was to create cheap throwaway bosses that where never intended for more than a single game (As was the case with Jinpachi, true Ogre and now Azazel, along with some of Soul Caliburs bosses too)

That really irks me a lot. Many of those characters had potential that was wasted... Agreed, I feel the same way. Would've been better if they just used already existing characters as bosses instead of introducing (supposedly) powerful flashy looking monsters that never accomplish anything.

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I'm not sure about Ogre. All I know is that he was just myth creature who appeared out of nowhere.

It's just kind of hard to make some sense out of what the Devil Gene really is.

First, Kazuya hated Heihachi so much that he sold his soul to Devil to make sure he would kill Heihachi(so it's a spiritual thing?).

Next, we hear that Jin has the Devil Gene in his blood since he is the son of Kazuya (okay, so now it's a bloodline thing?).

Last, we hear that this weird creature named Azazel created the Devil Genes (wait, so now it's a mystical thing?).

I just don't quite get it. You can tell they're trying to bring more interest to the Devil Gene storyline but it's just too confusing at this point. Its hard to make sense out of it but ill try. First Kazuya sold his soul to Devil. After Tekken 2 Heihachi defeated Kazuya and tossed him into lava. Kaz's body wasnt destroyed but he lost a part of the Devil (or more like a part of it left his body). Jin was born without the gene, that other part of the devil found him and bonded to him later in a forest. So now Kazuya and Jin basically share the same power and Kazuya's plan was to take it back from Jin in tekken 4.

Jinpachi and Azazel as far as I know arent connected to this particular Devil. Its just by absorbing their powers Kazuya or Jin coud restore Devil's own power. At least that's what I got from it.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by SamZED
Jinpachi and Azazel as far as I know arent connected to this particular Devil. Its just by absorbing their powers Kazuya or Jin coud restore Devil's own power. At least that's what I got from it.

But, didn't Azazel state to Devil Jin that he was the progenitor of all the Devil Genes, incuding his own, kazuya's and Jinpachi's?

SamZED
But, didn't Azazel state to Devil Jin that he was the progenitor of all the Devil Genes, incuding his own, kazuya's and Jinpachi's? Been a long time since I played it. That would explain why Jin believed he can destroy the devil by killing Azazel. But since it didnt work I guess he was wrong.

Zack Fair
The Devil Gene can very well be spritual, blood relate and mystical.

Just sayin'.

I concentrate on Kazuya and Jin's Devil. To hell with Jinpachi, Azazel and any new char they try to integrate to the devil gene.

Darkstorm Zero
I did have a theory, but it was a long time ago...

Anyways, I suppose the general gist of it would be that the Devils themselves use the "Devil gene" to make a human host more capable of accepting their presence within the body, hence why Kazuya had to make the deal with Devil originally.

Now, suppose that these "Devil genes" can be passed down to succesive generations in order to provide an immortal Devil spirit have unlimited hosts?

The Devil that posessed Jinpachi was a seperate entity than the one Kazuya made a deal with, but both where originally spawned by Azazel, along with however many other Devil entities he created. Now, Azazel is immortal, and strong enough to exist as a physical entity without a host, the other Devils that it spawned are probably not so powerful. I would suspect that the Devil that Kazuya made a pact with, and the one Jinpachi was posessed by are among the stronger spawns though.

Now, there are 2 other theories I have reguarding this. I do not think that Kazuya's Devil has actually been weakened, rather I think that Devil Jin is merely a spawn of Kazuya's devil given it's own life, rather than it bein "Split" from the original entity. I say this because there was no actual alternate personality with Devil Jin, it was more like Jin himself going crazy, unlike Kazuya's transformed states where a new personality emerged entirely (reffers to Tekken 4's showings of how Devil had it's own personality that was talking to Heihachi). Now I'm well aware of what Devil says about Jin being his other half... but that could simply be reffering to either Jin having a comparable amount of power, or it could even be reffering to the Angel aspect, due to the Kazama bloodlines capability of neutralising the Devil gene's powers/potency.

The other theory is that perhaps Jinpachi's was supposed to be the second "Evil Star" refferenced in Azazel's prophecy. I say this because when Jinpachi was revealed to have a full Devil posession like Kazuya's originally was, that would have made the prophecy true of inpachi had held on long enough to fill the world with negative energy. That may have been where he was refferd to have "Wipe out all life on earth" kind of power from, it may have been refferencing Azazel's resurrection...

However, these are simply suppositions on my part, not fact or anything, still, I would like to hear oppinions on this.

Zack Fair
mmm I like this theory. I view the Devil Kaz/Jin similar to the venom/carnage symbiote.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Zack Fair
mmm I like this theory. I view the Devil Kaz/Jin similar to the venom/carnage symbiote.

It wouldn't be too far from that actually.

Innominate__1
Ok well... The way i see it, basically jinpachi's feats are obscure, if not unknown, and we cannot make a cannon claim on what he can or can't do... So if you want to go by ''feats'' i'd say akuma... But if we ever see more of jinpachi's (who seems pretty bad ass as of his intro.) feats, then it's still ''up in the air'' sorto speak.. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.