X-23 vs. Batgirl (Cassie)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Scenario 1: X-23 can't use her claws in a strictly H2H fight

Scenario 2: Both are bloodlusted and have no restrictions

carver9
X23 in both.

Omega Vision
1. Cass 8/10
2. X-23 9/10

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by carver9
X23 in both.

wellokthen

srankmissingnin
Even throwing Cass a bone and assuming she is faster and more skilled than X (which FYI, she isn't), it doesn't really change the fact that Cass couldn't get a ko on Laura if she had all week to do it, and Laura wasn't fighting back.

Sin I AM
healing factor is just too much to overcome

Harbinger
Cassie dies in the second scenario. More of a chance in the first, but she isn't going to inflict enough damage to render X-23's HF useless.

Mini Bennett
This a post from over at Narutofan that I found interesting, just because it is so different from the answers here (I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this):

"Batgirl wins 1. She's just more skilled and her 'powers' are essentially like the sharingan. A semi-decent analogy would be Mr. X beating wolverine."

"X-23 wins 2. Berserker rage means batgirl can't read her. Add on her healing factor and claws and cassie loses. A semi-decent analogy would be wolverine beating Mr. X. (Wolverine went into berserker mode)."

srankmissingnin
Mr. X is a telepath with the ability auto lock unto his enemy's nerve impulses. Batgirl can read body language, it isn't anywhere close to the Sharingan (not even one tomoe) nor is it the equal of telepathy. There was a time several years ago where the ability allowed Cass to completely no sell Nightwing, but that has more to do with where Nightwing was at skill wise then effectiveness of Cass's ability. It would be a huge mistake to assume for even a second that it affords Cass that same level of defense against top tier fighters, because Batman was able to do the same thing to Dick around that time without the ability to read his body language. Jump forward to now, and Nightwing was capable of going shot for shot with Cass around BFTC, and he has only gotten better since dawning the cowl and become Batman proper. They've never had a proper fight but Batman has shown the ability to land hits on her without much trouble in - I think - War Games, even while trying to avoid a fight. It is an ability that is supper effective against third and second string fighters, but once we start talking about people approaching top tier, there is really nothing suggesting it provides any sort of significant advantage.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
healing factor is just too much to overcome agreed

SamZED
1) Batgirl
2) X

Eternal Idol
X23 in both.

I really don't see how Batgirl could win this.

Q99
If Cass had her Kasumi setup, the odds go up (a pair of swords and a Thanagarian shadowfield belt).

JakeTheBank
Laura.

the ninjak
X23 in both.

SasuOna
Originally posted by Q99
If Cass had her Kasumi setup, the odds go up (a pair of swords and a Thanagarian shadowfield belt).

So is she going to win the 2nd scenario with these?

Q99
Originally posted by SasuOna
So is she going to win the 2nd scenario with these?

I'd think so, yea.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Sin I AM
healing factor is just too much to overcome

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99

That Thanagarian belt is sweet. If she had that, she could pretty much beat any street.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Prep-Man
That Thanagarian belt is sweet. If she had that, she could pretty much beat any street.

what does the belt do?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Lord Feron
what does the belt do?

If it's similar to Shadow Thief, she is pretty much immune to physical attacks. She can move silently in and out of shadows and through solid objects.

Q99
Yea. She has to be in shadow for intangibility to apply, and she's not as experienced with it as Shadow Thief, but even with that it's pretty great.

Dum Dum Dugan
So it be utterly useless in this fight.........

Prep-Man
What would?

Dum Dum Dugan
What would?
the belt, there not going to be any shadows.

Prep-Man
Depends on what time they fight, but she can still use it for not being hit.

Dum Dum Dugan
Depends on what time they fight, but she can still use it for not being hit.
it a featureless environment like it always is, unless other wises stated.

Really because some one who knows a lot more about her then u just said it only worked in shadows.........

Prep-Man
I think Shadow Thief can use it on peoples own shadows. He doesn't have to be fighting at night.

Q99
I know a ton about Cass, but other people know a lot more about shadow belts.

It might be that it only loses intangibility in bright light.

chomperx9
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=549943

Konton
^ shameless self promotion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.