Movie Vs. Forum Tournament Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
Movie vs. Forum Tournament

This is my first time doing anything remotely close to this, so please be considerate of any mistakes and alert me of such.
I will be setting up a Movie vs Forum tournament here.
The following is a list of rules, regulations, power limitations, etc.

Rules: Any character that is drafted can only perform the feats that he or she was shown performing, and no outside source of information will be brought in beyond the film, i.e. Star Wars EU. The drafting will take place all at once, you may draft up to three members to your team. The draft choices should be PMed to me. Every participant may draft up to three characters. YOU CAN ONLY DRAFT CHARACTERS THAT HAVE APPEARED IN A LIVE ACTION MOVIE. A character may only be drafted once.

Power Limitations: GOD CHARACTERS ARE BANNED IN THIS TOURNAMENT,I.E. Dr. Manhattan, Pheonix, Bruce from Bruce Almighty. Offensive telepathy is banned in this tournament, i.e. mind control, mind freeze. Reality manipulation is also banned, as is luck manipulation. Characters with magic are limited to what they have displayed on film. NO-LIMITS FALLACY AIf you would like to partRE NOT ALLOWED IN THIS TOURNAMENT

Prep: Teams are allowed 5 minutes of prep time to prepare for battle in whatever way they see fit. They cannot however use said prep time to attack the opposing team.

Johanesburg, South Africa

Judging: The judging will be public based but only if a logical reason is given, the team with the most votes at the end of the match wins.

If you would like to participate in this tournament, please sign up here.

Please PM me with any concerns or questions.

McNasty996
I see that this has fallen by the wayside.

quanchi112
If you aren't interested in the voldemort vs. darth sidious idea either I am about to call it quits. Lack of interest and I tried putting the word out on the matchup.

quanchi112
I'd love to have an army tournament sometime in the future with each poster representing a franchise like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Underworld, Twilight, Tron, Last Airbender, Avatar, Mummy(Brendan 1999 remake franchise), etc.

Now if this was done there would have to be certain provisions in order to limit what Star Wars would be capable of. You couldn't have an entire galaxy of forces or use 95 percent of their tech as it's grossly unfair. Instead limit their forces or the forces of all and the only way to defeat your opposition is to physically invade them not plant some uber bomb or trap/plot device to take out huge numbers. This way we'd have a mano e mano battle and even out the numbers on some gigantic planet with each army occupying a huge amount of space all equal to each other with 5 hours or so prep each.

Imagine Viktor from Underworld matching wits with Voldemort or Palpatine. Imagine Yoda running into Dumbledore or Lucian running into Darth Vader.

I know this forum has become dead lately but if a few such as four posters came together and agreed to represent a franchise this could be really fun and something to my knowledge never done. If you're interested pm me please. If we I get even 2 volunteers making myself the third that in itself would be epic.

Pm me if interested. I know there's probably a Star Wars fan or two that'd love showing off their beloved franchise's might.

Placidity
I would be interested but have not thought of a specific character or franchise yet.

The problem I see though is that the only characters that will debated on are the strongest ones, which may not necessarily be the most interesting.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Placidity
I would be interested but have not thought of a specific character or franchise yet.

The problem I see though is that the only characters that will debated on are the strongest ones, which may not necessarily be the most interesting. I always thought you were as star wars fan so I figured that would be the franchise you'd champion. But which franchises would you be interested in representing ? Give me a few examples of which ones you'd be interesting in representing.

Placidity
Originally posted by quanchi112
I always thought you were as star wars fan so I figured that would be the franchise you'd champion.

I guess I am a fan of SW, but nowhere near fanatic levels you see on the forums.

I'd probably like to represent someone who is usually underrated, Silver Surfer or Dr Doom perhaps.

the ninjak
I'll be happy to enter using horror characters. But most of the most powerful and varied don't have franchises. That's why I like to stick to just threads.

quanchi112
I guess I am a fan of SW, but nowhere near fanatic levels you see on the forums.

I'd probably like to represent someone who is usually underrated, Silver Surfer or Dr Doom perhaps. I' dlike to do this based on the bigger movie franchises.Originally posted by the ninjak
I'll be happy to enter using horror characters. But most of the most powerful and varied don't have franchises. That's why I like to stick to just threads. The only horror film off hand I could see if Phantasm. It's a franchise though it'd be hard to argue against as we have never seen the Tall Man truly defeated.

quanchi112
Here's a list of movie franchises I think would be possible to pick from.

1.Lord of the Rings

2.Matrix

3.The Last Airbender

4.Blade

5.Twilight

6.Tron

7.Harry Potter

8. Star Trek

9.Star Wars

10.Underworld

11.Chronicles of Riddick

12. Transformers

13. The Mummy and the Scorpion King

14.Highlander

15.Never Ending Story

Placidity
^ I'd take Twilight for sure =D

quanchi112
^ I'd take Twilight for sure =D So I take it you are interested if I snag another poster for this ?

Placidity
Probably not right now, pretty busy for the next two weeks.

quanchi112
Probably not right now, pretty busy for the next two weeks. I don't mean anytime soon either I just mean in general in the upcoming months. Since you are taking Twilight I'd wait until November anyways until the new one comes out.

Lestov16
Damn, if I had a wider knowledge of films I would definitely participate

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Damn, if I had a wider knowledge of films I would definitely participate That's the great thing about films. You don't need anywhere near the time as you would for books/comics as there is simply so much material to cover. I will have to refamiliarize myself with these franchises if the time comes because unless you watch these movies religiously there are so many details you forget in between viewings. Most of these options I put up won't be taken as they simply have no chance against the stronger films.

quanchi112
16.Predator and Alien

17.Chronicles of Narnia

18.Terminator

19.Hellboy

20.Phantasm

Just a few more choices.

quanchi112
21.Interview with a Vampire and Queen of the Damned

22.Crow

23.Resident Evil

Placidity if no one else come december expresses interest in this we could even since it's just the two of us represent two franchises in a joint effort against two of your choices.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.