Dishonored

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KingD19
A 2012 game from Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. Along with at least one guy from the Half-Life 2 peoples.

I know anyone who gets Game Informer has seen this game and I can't wait for it.

You play as the ex-royal bodyguard to the queen of a dystopian future society. The queen has been assassinated and you've been made to look like the killer. You've become Dishonored.

You've joined an underground rebellion, and your actions will shape how the world changes around you. Gameplay is broken down into sandbox exploration, stealth, melee combat, and magic.

Everything you do has multiple ways of being completed, and each different way could potentially affect the current situation and several ones after that. For example, you come across a woman being attacked in an ally by some thugs. If you walk by, it might turn out that she was an informant for the resistance and with her death you lost a valuable source of information. If you save her though, she'll share with you more information than usual something.

It's shaping up to be a great game from what I've seen, and I honestly can't wait for it.

BloodRain
MDf5v0N5BlE

Demonic Phoenix
Looking forward to this one.

Smasandian
I'll wait and see on this one.

Looks interesting but what have these guys done before?

They tried to make a cross multiplayer-singleplayer game called the The Crossing but it never saw the light of day.

But I will say that I like the look of the game but that's because it's done by the same guy who was responsible for City 17 in Half Life 2

Phanteros
Ku1I_3paytU

KingD19
Gorgeous

Claire63
If you save her though, she'll share with you more information than usual something.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Greysen93
I think it's going to be pretty good.

KingD19
Originally posted by Claire63
If you save her though, she'll share with you more information than usual something.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Why did you copy/paste something from my OP?

And why did you do the same thing in that Spider-Man thread under a different name? Jeffw1999.

ares834
9ITq0hXCCB0

Looks like the love child of Skyrim, Bioshock, and Assassin's Creed.

Awesome! Really looking forward to this one.

Demonic Phoenix
r3C-7DcDZCI

Utrigita
Originally posted by ares834

Awesome! Really looking forward to this one.

Ditto, I liked Dark Messiah, so I have a feeling I'll like this one as well smile

KingD19
The E3 footage put some really twisted ideas in my mind. Like possessing someone, "blinking" to the roof, then jumping off and leaving their body. Then watch them smack up against the ground.

Digi
Distinguishing itself will be hard. Lots of really good competition for the demographic that this game will appeal to.

The visuals were nice, certainly. Respectable trailer overall. I'd wait for reviews though. Not everything can be the next Bioshock.

Phanteros
I don't really see the bioshock in this. More like it has more in common with Thief but with a assasin instead.

Digi
This guy was fighting and casting spells and stuff. and taking on groups of enemies at the same time (with tripod mechs among them). Thief is literally about avoiding combat, much more so than most games with stealth elements. I don't see much Thief in that trailer. Acrobatics and surprise don't make it a stealth game, it just makes it a shooter with some unique approaches to combat. Like a steampunk Half-Life or something.

Demonic Phoenix
yeZrLpO-RcQ#!
62GquFXvDJE

Smasandian
Well, the guy who created City 17 has a part in this game so the Half Life aspect is pretty good comparison.

As well, Valve and Arkane Studio had a deal to do a Half Life spinoff.

Demonic Phoenix
http://www.oxm.co.uk/43527/features/dishonored-seven-amusing-ways-to-fail-completely-and-die/?page=1

BlackZero30x
looks pretty cool

Originally posted by Digi
This guy was fighting and casting spells and stuff. and taking on groups of enemies at the same time (with tripod mechs among them). Thief is literally about avoiding combat, much more so than most games with stealth elements. I don't see much Thief in that trailer. Acrobatics and surprise don't make it a stealth game, it just makes it a shooter with some unique approaches to combat. Like a steampunk Half-Life or something.

but the thing is you are suppose to be able to develop your own way to play. You could for all intents and purposes play it in almost entirely stealth....I say almost entirely as I am sure there as some parts that you have no choice but to fight.

BlackZero30x
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZDYq6HufNs&feature=youtu.be

BlackZero30x
http://www.viddler.com/v/d7f133e1?secret=103343209

Very interesting. You actually don't have to kill anything at all through the whole game if you don't want to but it requires a lot of side questing.

cdtm
Stilt Man really is a loser.

Generic Stilt Men make it into a video game before he does. sad

Nephthys
This game looks amazing, I have to say.

Phanteros
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
http://www.viddler.com/v/d7f133e1?secret=103343209

Very interesting. You actually don't have to kill anything at all through the whole game if you don't want to but it requires a lot of side questing. pre-ordered.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by cdtm
Stilt Man really is a loser.

Generic Stilt Men make it into a video game before he does. sad
lol you never know this could be what puts him on the map. If people like these stilt man look wanna bees then people might actually start to like him lol

Originally posted by Nephthys
This game looks amazing, I have to say.
Indeed! Im really hyped up!

Originally posted by Phanteros
pre-ordered.
Same here!

BlackZero30x
So I payed it off the other day and I guess gamestop customers also get Tarot cards with it......Why not the cool usb lamp like best buy >:[

BlackZero30x
Release Tuesday!

Arachnid1
Reordered and payed off. I'm looking forward to this game!

Demonic Phoenix
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/371910/dishonored-review-round-up-critics-crown-game-of-the-year-contender/

Reviews are looking good for this game.

ares834
Just saw a video where a guy froze time after an enemy shot a bullet. Then he possessed said enemy and walked in front of the enemy's bullet. He then unpossessed the enemy and unfroze time, causing the enemy to be killed by his own bullet...

Day 1 purchase for me!

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ares834
Just saw a video where a guy froze time after an enemy shot a bullet. Then he possessed said enemy and walked in front of the enemy's bullet. He then unpossessed the enemy and unfroze time, causing the enemy to be killed by his own bullet...

Day 1 purchase for me! I saw that same video. I was pretty impressed when I saw that too. The timestop ability looks like it will allow for all kinds of shenanigans.

BlackZero30x
I picked it up this morning as soon as the store opened! Im loving it so far. As far as your stealth ability goes that is.

There is an achievement for killing 4 people in under 1 sec with the crossbow! lol Its kinda hard getting that many people grouped together.

Arachnid1
I picked it up this morning as soon as the store opened! Im loving it so far. As far as your stealth ability goes that is.

There is an achievement for killing 4 people in under 1 sec with the crossbow! lol Its kinda hard getting that many people grouped together. I'm assuming you have to use timestop for that.

BlackZero30x
Yeah. You will need to upgrade it to level 2 before doing it though.

Demonic Phoenix
The AI in this game is lulzy.
There's a scripted event in the Distillery district where three thugs fight each other, and two end up dead. After the event, the remaining thug acts like he's just spotted a body. no expression

BlackZero30x
lol I didn't notice it. I don't think the AI is amazing but I didn't think it was terrible. What difficulty are you playing on?

Demonic Phoenix
The event takes place on Bottle Street right before the second Wall of Light on Clavering Boulevard.
Yeah, it's not amazing, and it can get fooled pretty easily. There are occasions where it does show common sense though, such as when the guards will not pass through a Wall of Light after they've seen one of their own get vaporized.
That said, the game is spectacular. I'm enjoying the setting more than I did in Arkham City.

Playing on normal for my first playthrough. Trying to explore every nook and cranny, and trying not to kill anyone as well. Combat takes some getting used to.

BlackZero30x
Ooh I will have to look for it on my next play through. I also played on normal my 1st time. Though doing the no killing is the very last play through Im gonna try. No doubt im in love with this game.

Demonic Phoenix
I'd rather do the no-killing playthrough the first time around, and learn the intricacies of the game. Then I can go crazy the second time around and abuse what I learned in my first playthrough.

Also, you can replay missions no?

BlackZero30x
lol thats a good way to look at it! I personally just wanted to kill, kill, and kill lol Yea you can do that. I may do that to get some achievements I missed out on.

EDIT: Im not gonna spoil the ending so I will not say much but after someone beats it I want to know their take on this. There is an achievement for killing no one at all except for the key targets but there is also one for not killing anyone at all. I don't know how this is possible?......

Demonic Phoenix
Hey, the game's designed to be open in terms of how you want to play.

As for not killing anyone at all, even your key targets, I believe it is possible. You just have to search around for optional quests and/or listen to NPC convos in order to find out how to non-lethally take out your targets. Take High Overseer Campbell for instance. You can hear two guards talk about the Heretic Brand which is what you use to take out Campbell. Then just go to the Archives and look for the book on the Heretic Brand. It should be on the main table on the lower level. After that you'll learn how to take out Campbell without killing him.

Estacado
Game is looking good gonna get it soon.

BlackZero30x
well mostly I am excited play through and find the unique ways to play. Ways such as you mentioned. Though the end will be hard to figure out. If you don't mind spoilers then here ya go.......but if you do come back and read this after your done.

You see it ends withthe main guy on top of a light house. He threatens to jump off. You can blink over and save Emily or if you do nothing he still jumps off. So he dies. Unless they don't count that as you killing him

Demonic Phoenix
Just out of curiousity, is it the low chaos or high chaos ending you've put into spoilers?

BlackZero30x
No. It is specifically related to the finale boss. My first playthough I got High Chaos. Probably because I killed everything....even civilians lol

BlackZero30x
Ok I got it. As in I answered my own question. Anyone meed help with the same thing let me know.

Demonic Phoenix
No. It is specifically related to the finale boss. My first playthough I got High Chaos. Probably because I killed everything....even civilians lol

I read some reviews stating that the final boss would be harder if you had a high level of chaos.

BlackZero30x

Demonic Phoenix
. ?

BlackZero30x
Lol I posted from my phone.....my earlier post poted again and idk why lol., im working on the not killing achievement. I should get low chaos from that. Ill let you know if high is harder.

ares834
Just beat the game and it was fantastic! So far it's my GotY and one of my favorite games this gen.

I youtube'd all the endings and have to say my favorite is the darkest ending where Emily dies.

BlackZero30x
I beat it once with almost no rune searching only enough to get level one on all powers....except blink which was level two. My second was for the clean hands achievement and the no alerting achievements. However, I did manage to alert someone sad..Idk where my alert was but I can just re-play it lol Anyways my point is my total time played is 44hours for 2 plays. I wont spoil anything but there is also different boss fights at the end depending on low or high chaos.

I. love. this. game.

BlackZero30x
actually the previous mentioned time is most likely wrong. I just noticed that my time tracker hasn't updated yet. So its probably longer. I will post it after it updates.

Demonic Phoenix
I beat it once with almost no rune searching only enough to get level one on all powers....except blink which was level two. My second was for the clean hands achievement and the no alerting achievements. However, I did manage to alert someone sad..Idk where my alert was but I can just re-play it lol Anyways my point is my total time played is 44hours for 2 plays. I wont spoil anything but there is also different boss fights at the end depending on low or high chaos.

I. love. this. game.

I thought there weren't any boss fights in this game? Dammit.

Also, Blink is easily the most useful ability in the game. Keeping it at level 2 I can understand.

ares834
Hmm... There really aren't any bosses on the game, IMO.

BlackZero30x
yea its not boss fight technically. I guess I should have said the final target lol

BlackZero30x
Ok there is a lot of buzz that while going for clean hands, shadow, and ghost you can not go to mission select to replay your mistake...but you can. You have to play from the mission you select to the end. After the end the achievements will unlock. Thats how I did it.

The end means the end of the game

Smasandian
I like this game. I think it's done very well and like how interesting the setting is. It's clearly one of the better games out there this year.

But something about it is not jiving with me. Maybe because the game doesn't flow well enough for me, or something. It's hard to explain but I just get this feeling that I'm not totally into it. It might be the loading screens and the tally after each mission. I don't know.

Demonic Phoenix
http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2012/10/dishonored_web_full.gif

I legit lol'd.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
http://img.gawkerassets.com/post/9/2012/10/dishonored_web_full.gif

I legit lol'd. Ha that is pretty damn funny.

I beat the game yesterday and got the high chaos ending with Emily being saved. I'm going to start my second play through on the highest difficulty soon. I'm planing on this one being nonlethal. This game is absolutely amazing.

Nemesis X
5 Awful Things You Learn About Yourself Playing Dishonored

laughing

Kazenji
I hear this game plays sorta like the Thief games.

Smasandian
I find it very strange that the game goes out of it's way to bring you into it's world with excellent voice acting, a non-voiced character, Half-Life cinematic and a bit of No One Lives Forever and after each mission, you get a stupid mission briefing stat page.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8507895/looking-uncertain-fate-single-player-narrative-video-games-arkane-studios-dishonored

It pretty much sums up my feelings about the game.

Nephthys
I find it kind of amusing how condescending he is when the only game he's worked on is Gears of War. Especially when he snarks about the writing.

Smasandian
Well, the points are valid in my opinion.

It is strangely disappointing. It's a well made game but something is off about it. When I'm immersed into a game, I rarely think about other things while I'm playing it. Mass Effect 3 was like this, as well as Borderlands 2 and Max Payne 3. Dishonored, I always thinking about other games I want to play. The story didn't really hook me in. I really didn't care about it and it was kind of boring whenever you talked to your fellow friends.

It does say something that the gameplay is fantastic but it's the other parts that are not.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, the points are valid in my opinion.

It is strangely disappointing. It's a well made game but something is off about it. When I'm immersed into a game, I rarely think about other things while I'm playing it. Mass Effect 3 was like this, as well as Borderlands 2 and Max Payne 3. Dishonored, I always thinking about other games I want to play. The story didn't really hook me in. I really didn't care about it and it was kind of boring whenever you talked to your fellow friends.

It does say something that the gameplay is fantastic but it's the other parts that are not. To each his own.

Max Payne 3 never had me hooked the way Dishonored has, and I certainly think Dishonored's gameplay is a good deal better than MP3's, but the mission stat page at the end of every mission does detract from the sense of immersion. I've always disliked those things.

The story's good in my opinion. My friend has told me that the climax was weak though. Will have to judge that for myself.

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Ha that is pretty damn funny.

I beat the game yesterday and got the high chaos ending with Emily being saved. I'm going to start my second play through on the highest difficulty soon. I'm planing on this one being nonlethal. This game is absolutely amazing.

I love video game logic. Dark Vision renders leaning all but useless.

Hehe, I just finished the Flooded District Mission. A non-lethal playthrough is surprisingly time-consuming, and I have very little time to spare for gaming nowadays as it is.

BlackZero30x
1000/1000 gamerscore! Just today!

steverules_2
I do quite like the game, I got the level where Emily is saved and Corvo later on dies from natural causes, it reminded me of bioshock cause of the 3 endings you can have...I'm glad the game didn't take me a day or 2 to complete, I would like to lower the chaos level but it would be more difficult especially when I play it on a higher difficulty setting

Smasandian
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
To each his own.

Max Payne 3 never had me hooked the way Dishonored has, and I certainly think Dishonored's gameplay is a good deal better than MP3's, but the mission stat page at the end of every mission does detract from the sense of immersion. I've always disliked those things.

The story's good in my opinion. My friend has told me that the climax was weak though. Will have to judge that for myself.

I love video game logic. Dark Vision renders leaning all but useless.

Hehe, I just finished the Flooded District Mission. A non-lethal playthrough is surprisingly time-consuming, and I have very little time to spare for gaming nowadays as it is.

Yeah, mission state is a very strange thing to see in this game.

Demonic Phoenix
First piece of DLC coming out this Tuesday.

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/11/27/test-your-skill-with-dunwall-city-trials-on-december-11th/

Morridini
Got this game at the beginning of March, just finished it and am downloading the first DLC as I type.

I very much enjoyed it, I mostly played it non-lethal, but I also added a role-play element to it. So if it sometimes would make sense for Corvo to want someone dead, then I killed them (such as beginning of Floated District where my stat screen showed a whooping 35 kills).

Also, anyone else found out that in the Dunwall Tower level you can pretty much just blink and instantly assassinate the Lord Regent after his TV-screen dialogue with some guards? Just did it out of pure fun before I reloaded to do it methodically.

BackFire
Yeah this game was really excellent. My first playthrough I pretty much just killed everyone, had a good time. The second playthrough was a pure stealth/no kill playthrough. It was really ****ing tough to get the don't kill anyone in the achievements for not killing anyone and not being seen by anyone, but very satisfying. Almost like two different games if you do two opposite playthroughs.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah this game was really excellent. My first playthrough I pretty much just killed everyone, had a good time. The second playthrough was a pure stealth/no kill playthrough. It was really ****ing tough to get the don't kill anyone in the achievements for not killing anyone and not being seen by anyone, but very satisfying. Almost like two different games if you do two opposite playthroughs.

Now you should aim for a "no taking out/killing anyone & not being seen" playthrough. Targets excluded of course.
Kind of felt odd leaving behind that woman to be killed by the two members of the Watch, in the Clavering Blvd Mission.

BackFire
I did do that, did them both at the same time. That's what made it so difficult. Doing one or the other wouldn't have been so bad.

And actually, there are ways to not even kill targets. You can literally play the entire game, finish all the missions and including targets not kill anyone.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BackFire
I did do that, did them both at the same time. That's what made it so difficult. Doing one or the other wouldn't have been so bad.

And actually, there are ways to not even kill targets. You can literally play the entire game, finish all the missions and including targets not kill anyone.

Okay. Even if you incapacitate (that's what I meant by 'take out' >__&gtwink everyone without being seen, technically, you're not killing anyone, and you aren't being seen. I couldn't tell if that was what you were doing, or you were leaving everyone alone and just neutralizing the targets, whilst not being seen by anyone.

Yes, I know. My favourite one was the Lord Regent's incapacitation. I need to see if I can KO him, and then play the recording to neutralize him.

Kazenji
GOTY edition has been spied

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-10722-Dishonored-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-Spied.html

Demonic Phoenix
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/10/1393880745-dishonored-2-darkness-of-tyvia.jpg

ares834
Awesome. Didn't expect it to sell enough to garner a sequel but I'm very glad it did.

Smasandian
VGChartz says it sold about 3 million copies between all three platforms.

But I'm thinking it sold really well on Steam and other downloading platforms and those sales are not usually included in totals.

Demonic Phoenix
Bethseda stated a while back that the sales of Dishonored exceeded expectations, and thus they intended to make it a franchise. Plus with how well received it was and the awards it won, I'm also glad they're making it a franchise.

That said, this may be a (very good) photoshop hoax, but I sincerely hope it isn't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.