Sentry vs Thanos h2h

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Sentry is in his WWH fight state of mind, Thanos can charge his punches with cosmic energy like he normaly does.

no bfr

1.Thanos gets 6 free punches

2.They just go straight at it

who wins.

carver9
Is Sentry releasing all of that energy that he was releasing on Hulk during his fight? If so, Sentry wins.

Harbinger
Sentry doesn't have WWH's HF to recover from repeated blows, nor can he get stronger as the battle goes on via rising anger. Thanos sweeps.

Nihilist
Originally posted by carver9
Is Sentry releasing all of that energy that he was releasing on Hulk during his fight? If so, Sentry wins. So you think Sentrys energy is gretaer than Odins,Tyrants,Walker the Death God then laughing out loud

quanchi112
Is Sentry releasing all of that energy that he was releasing on Hulk during his fight? If so, Sentry wins. Based off of which Thanos fights ?

carver9
Originally posted by Nihilist
So you think Sentrys energy is gretaer than Odins,Tyrants,Walker the Death God then laughing out loud

Did Odin or Tyrant consume Thanos with energy while punching him in the face at the same time? Scans.

Nihilist
Did Odin or Tyrant consume Thanos with energy while punching him in the face at the same time? Scans. So now youre trying to say Sentrys energy+punch combo is greater than what Odin/Tyrant did lulz

Harbinger
He's saying that since this is a pure slugfest, using Odin/Tyrant/Walker's fights against Thanos isn't relevant here, as energy resistance =/= resistance to brute force. IE's Prime's being able to tank energy blasts, while being hit by the Flashes made him bleed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Harbinger
He's saying that since this is a pure slugfest, using Odin/Tyrant/Walker's fights against Thanos isn't relevant here, as energy resistance =/= resistance to brute force. IE's Prime's being able to tank energy blasts, while being hit by the Flashes made him bleed. That's a copout and has always been as such. Pure energy or hand to hand is still either a greater amount of force or not. Odin's blasts ko'd Surfer with one hit.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Harbinger
He's saying that since this is a pure slugfest, using Odin/Tyrant/Walker's fights against Thanos isn't relevant here, as energy resistance =/= resistance to brute force. IE's Prime's being able to tank energy blasts, while being hit by the Flashes made him bleed. He's not smart enough to say that, he's implying Thanos couldnt handle Sentrys energy BECAUSE WAS STRUGGLING WITH IT.

Because as you have just said as this is a pure slugfest why bring up the energy thing

chomperx9
So now youre trying to say Sentrys energy+punch combo is greater than what Odin/Tyrant did lulz if you 2 ever visit my town im inviting the 2 of you to drinks

guy222
thanos

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos and very easily

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's a copout and has always been as such. Pure energy or hand to hand is still either a greater amount of force or not. Odin's blasts ko'd Surfer with one hit.

How is it a copout, it's the truth. Asbestos can resist fire but not a bullet. Kevlar can resist bullets but not fire. Comic characters who have withstood beams, faltered when it came to physical force to the head.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
How is it a copout, it's the truth. Asbestos can resist fire but not a bullet. Kevlar can resist bullets but not fire. Comic characters who have withstood beams, faltered when it came to physical force to the head. We're not talking about certain material that is more resistant to bulleftfire we are comparing two generalized ideas of pure force.

Sr J-Bieb
How is it a copout, it's the truth. Asbestos can resist fire but not a bullet. Kevlar can resist bullets but not fire. Comic characters who have withstood beams, faltered when it came to physical force to the head. Good point. All the times Thanos got beaten by physical force cannot be ignored.

h1a8
WWH Sentry seems pretty weak to me. Definitely not beginning Sentry level. He fought dumb too. I say just by sheer power Sentry wins. But Thanos has the skills and can get more hits and combos in. So Thanos might win this.

Next time use a better Sentry.

h1a8
We're not talking about certain material that is more resistant to bulleftfire we are comparing two generalized ideas of pure force. All characters don't have the same makeup. Some characters can absorb and manipulate energy better than others.
Pure force plays no role when it comes to comics and real life. It's all about the properties a character is made of. For example, you would agree that Storm is highly resistant to lightning of great force. Now what if you put the same force of the lightning that she is immune to towards a bullet? She would get kill if it hit her in the head. Think Quanchi.

quanchi112
All characters don't have the same makeup. Some characters can absorb and manipulate energy better than others.
Pure force plays no role when it comes to comics and real life. It's all about the properties a character is made of. For example, you would agree that Storm is highly resistant to lightning of great force. Now what if you put the same force of the lightning that she is immune to towards a bullet? She would get kill if it hit her in the head. Think Quanchi. The characters we are covering don't fall into this sort of thing so it's another irrelevant point devoid of this topic. Think.

h1a8
The characters we are covering don't fall into this sort of thing so it's another irrelevant point devoid of this topic. Think. Of course they do. How would you explain how Thanos can be faltered with physical force but more resistant to energy beams?

psycho gundam
wtf is this guy talking about?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I repeat... please post anything to back up that Thanos is vulnerable to blunt force more than energy...

quanchi112
Of course they do. How would you explain how Thanos can be faltered with physical force but more resistant to energy beams? Such as ? Give some examples, please. When has Thanos been faltered with physical force anyway ?

Nihilist
H1, what Quan and others said when did Thanos show he was more vulnerable to physical force and which Sentry is a better choice...and please dont say "Terrax" Sentry.

Eon Blue
Sentry

the Darkone
Thanos murders him completely.

the Darkone
How is it a copout, it's the truth. Asbestos can resist fire but not a bullet. Kevlar can resist bullets but not fire. Comic characters who have withstood beams, faltered when it came to physical force to the head.

Only physical force that gives Thanos problem is Thor's hammer other than that nothing much else. Thanos will put sentry in chole hold so fast it would be sad.

h1a8
H1, what Quan and others said when did Thanos show he was more vulnerable to physical force and which Sentry is a better choice...and please dont say "Terrax" Sentry.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I repeat... please post anything to back up that Thanos is vulnerable to blunt force more than energy...

Such as ? Give some examples, please. When has Thanos been faltered with physical force anyway ?

Thor has faltered him. Yet Thanos wasn't phased when Surfer shot him in his chair.

See the difference.

Fact is we seen times Thanos has tanked energy attacks without flinching too much but we never saw him not flinch against a herald level being's physical attack. Thus there is no contradiction.

Think about this. Can Thanos take a being's (above Thor) energy attack without being injured? Yes he can. What about a slam from Thor in the head with Mjolnir? Not so much. I'm using common sense you guys aren't.

byrdgang21
Thanos in both. I don't believe that Sentry is that much more powerful than Thanos to win this fight. Not to mention that Thanos seems to be a much better H2H fighter in the first place. Sentry is really only a brawler.

zeel
sentry dies.

Sr J-Bieb
Thor has faltered him. Yet Thanos wasn't phased when Surfer shot him in his chair.

See the difference.

Fact is we seen times Thanos has tanked energy attacks without flinching too much but we never saw him not flinch against a herald level being's physical attack. Thus there is no contradiction.

Think about this. Can Thanos take a being's (above Thor) energy attack without being injured? Yes he can. What about a slam from Thor in the head with Mjolnir? Not so much. I'm using common sense you guys aren't. Funny thing is Thanos has never been put down by physical attacks (SG not withstanding), but he's been 'KO'ed' twice by energy attacks. You're creating a non existant weakness just because you don't understand what you're talking about.

And look how faltered Thanos is by Mar-Vell's punch. Super faltered IMO.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25ho2fc&s=7
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1199uyp&s=7

*insert scans of Thanos being punched by Magus with the IG and getting up right away*

the ninjak
Sentry is in his WWH fight state of mind,

So incredibly inexperienced?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by the ninjak
So incredibly inexperienced? More like incredibly energy-y, and won't run out of power very quickly!

quanchi112

See the difference.

Think about this. Can Thanos take a being's (above Thor) energy attack without being injured? Yes he can. What about a slam from Thor in the head with Mjolnir? Not so much. I'm using common sense you guys aren't. Thor is more powerful than the surfer and had the power gem. LOL.

There are inconsistencies in comics too and different writers and once again you have no clue about this.

carver9
Thor is more powerful than the surfer and had the power gem. LOL.

There are inconsistencies in comics too and different writers and once again you have no clue about this.

Lol...so you finally admit that Thor is more powerful than Surfer.

quanchi112
Lol...so you finally admit that Thor is more powerful than Surfer. He always has been but Surfer is more durable.

carver9
He always has been but Surfer is more durable.

Naah...you wasn't saying that before. You were sayin.g that Surfer was on a different level and that he should even be able to take Odin. You don't remember saying these things.

Sr J-Bieb
Quan doesn't see a problem with bandwagoning

Fifthchild
Sentry is in his WWH fight state of mind, Thanos can charge his punches with cosmic energy like he normaly does.

no bfr

1.Thanos gets 6 free punches

2.They just go straight at it

who wins.

1) Hmmm bit of a tossup. If Sentry isnt switching to his EP and giving himself some breathing space as happened against Hulk then this gives him a pretty big disadvantage when heading straight into a slugfest. Probably edge to Thanos in this scenario.

2) Definitely Sentry. I think Thanos is very overrated in physical terms most of the time.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Fifthchild
2) Definitely Sentry. I think Thanos is very overrated in physical terms most of the time. Is this implying Sentry isn't overrated?

Harbinger
Didn't see Thanos off-panel stalemating Galactus.

Diesldude
He's not smart enough to say that, he's implying Thanos couldnt handle Sentrys energy BECAUSE WAS STRUGGLING WITH IT.

laughing laughing

Thanos Wins.

iceman24567
Thanos stomps

JakeTheBank
Thanos kicks his ass in the first scenario that's more of a mugging than a fight.

Thanos wins in the second, but he has to put some effort into it.

quanchi112
Naah...you wasn't saying that before. You were sayin.g that Surfer was on a different level and that he should even be able to take Odin. You don't remember saying these things. Surfer is formidable enough to take on Odin but isn't as powerful as Thor. I see a huge difference with what you are implying I meant and what I meant.

Fifthchild
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Is this implying Sentry isn't overrated?

Sentry is all over the place but he has a pretty good excuse with his pretty well referenced dynamic powerlevels tied to his mental state. I cant comment on this board too specifically but generally i think he is rated OK. Thanos OTOH seems to get a lot of credit in terms of his assumed physical stats based on a handful of panels.

Bentley
Both fall to Prime.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Bentley
Both fall to Prime.

thumb up

At the same time.

h1a8
Funny thing is Thanos has never been put down by physical attacks (SG not withstanding), but he's been 'KO'ed' twice by energy attacks. You're creating a non existant weakness just because you don't understand what you're talking about.

And look how faltered Thanos is by Mar-Vell's punch. Super faltered IMO.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25ho2fc&s=7
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1199uyp&s=7

*insert scans of Thanos being punched by Magus with the IG and getting up right away* I'm not talking about koed. I'm talking being bothered by physical attacks (it visibly affected him).

The scan you showed proved my point. Thanos was faltered by the hit.
Magus didn't want to ko or kill Thanos, learn to read. He just wanted to get him to admit something. Geez, context please.

quanchi112
I'm not talking about koed. I'm talking being bothered by physical attacks (it visibly affected him).

Magus didn't want to ko or kill Thanos, learn to read. He just wanted to get him to admit something. Geez, context please. He didn't expect him to feign defeat and submission. Take your own advice and actually grasp the context within the scene.

h1a8
He didn't expect him to feign defeat and submission. Take your own advice and actually grasp the context within the scene.

That doesn't contradict anything I said. Why?

quanchi112
That doesn't contradict anything I said. Why? Thanos is also visbly affected by energy attacks as well. He isn't completely immune to either so you never had a point and we see how badly he dominated Mar-vell physically.

h1a8
Thanos is also visbly affected by energy attacks as well. He isn't completely immune to either so you never had a point and we see how badly he dominated Mar-vell physically.

Mar-vell didn't show me awesome physical strength nor awesome durability against physical attacks.. So who cares.

Thanos is affected by Galactus level energy and Odin level energy (after a minute). When did he get affected by below herald level energy?

quanchi112
Mar-vell didn't show me awesome physical strength nor awesome durability against physical attacks.. So who cares.

Thanos is affected by Galactus level energy and Odin level energy (after a minute). When did he get affected by below herald level energy? Thanos has easily overpowered the Hulk before.

It takes a highly powerful individual to affect Thanos which I have never disputed.

Batman-Prime
A difficult one. Neither one can kill the other permanently right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
A difficult one. Neither one can kill the other permanently right? Thanos can kill unkillable beings so of course he can kill the Sentry.

Batman-Prime
Thanos can kill unkillable beings so of course he can kill the Sentry.

But Physically? It's a h2h fight an doesn't include exotic powers, right?

quanchi112
But Physically? It's a h2h fight an doesn't include exotic powers, right? Thanos had the power to kill those not by exotic powers but by his hand. Plus we have seen the Pak Sentry ko'd physically by less than Thanos.

carver9
Who koed Pak Sentry that is less than Thanos?

quanchi112
Who koed Pak Sentry that is less than Thanos? WW Hulk ko'd Bob after they both burned out their powers.

iceman24567
A difficult one. Neither one can kill the other permanently right? Yes pretty much

h1a8
Thanos has easily overpowered the Hulk before.

It takes a highly powerful individual to affect Thanos which I have never disputed. Ah the bumping of heads huh? Well not only that was a far weaker Hulk, but the same Hulk overpowered Thanos as well when he restrained him. Thor restrained Thanos as well.

So stop acting like Thanos is way above Thor and Hulk in the physical dept. with the level talking stuff.

Sr J-Bieb
I'm not talking about koed. I'm talking being bothered by physical attacks (it visibly affected him).

Magus didn't want to ko or kill Thanos, learn to read. He just wanted to get him to admit something. Geez, context please. So if he's never been KO'ed by physical attacks you figure that not only will Sentry KO him with his... physical... feats... but because Thanos has been faltered by Thor... that this makes him vulnerable to Sentry?

lol at him being visibly effected. Guess you can't have your mouth open while you're fighting anymore. Thanos is holding Mar-Vell in his hand and creating a massive energy blast with the other... while getting hit. It did nothing to him. Hell Mar-Vell even flew at him when he did this punch.

Right, pissed off Magus removed all of his powers while he was punching Thanos... is this what we're supposed to believe h1? Instead of Magus just getting mad and punching Thanos to try and beef himself up.
All that did was anger him more, meaning more power when Thanos wouldn't answer.

Don't know why I bother really.

Kid Kurdy
Thanos has easily overpowered the Hulk before.
No he hasn't.

h1a8
So if he's never been KO'ed by physical attacks you figure that not only will Sentry KO him with his... physical... feats... but because Thanos has been faltered by Thor... that this makes him vulnerable to Sentry?

lol at him being visibly effected. Guess you can't have your mouth open while you're fighting anymore. Thanos is holding Mar-Vell in his hand and creating a massive energy blast with the other... while getting hit. It did nothing to him. Hell Mar-Vell even flew at him when he did this punch.

Right, pissed off Magus removed all of his powers while he was punching Thanos... is this what we're supposed to believe h1? Instead of Magus just getting mad and punching Thanos to try and beef himself up.
All that did was anger him more, meaning more power when Thanos wouldn't answer.

Don't know why I bother really.

You bother because I make sense.
In reply to your first question, the answer is yes. Thanos both being faltered by Thor and not showing the ability to not be faltered by a herald's physical attack proves he is vulnerable to Sentry.

Mar-vell has no awesome strength feats or durability feats against physical attacks. So I could care less what Thanos did to him.

You act very slow when you assume that a character can't hold back in comics. It was clear Magus was holding back. He wanted Thanos to suffer and admit. He didn't EVER want to ko him as that would defeat the purpose of getting Thanos to admit. Think! It's called common sense.

Replace Thanos with any known character (like Thor, Hulk, etc.) and they too would have been ok from Magus punches.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
No he hasn't. I think he meant Prof. Hulk one of the weaker version of Hulk you know Quan level low balling

iceman24567
So if he's never been KO'ed by physical attacks you figure that not only will Sentry KO him with his... physical... feats... but because Thanos has been faltered by Thor... that this makes him vulnerable to Sentry?

Don't know why I bother really. Because their aint nothing like birthday sex

Sr J-Bieb
You bother because I make sense.
In reply to your first question, the answer is yes. Thanos both being faltered by Thor and not showing the ability to not be faltered by a herald's physical attack proves he is vulnerable to Sentry.

Mar-vell has no awesome strength feats or durability feats against physical attacks. So I could care less what Thanos did to him.

You act very slow when you assume that a character can't hold back in comics. It was clear Magus was holding back. He wanted Thanos to suffer and admit. He didn't EVER want to ko him as that would defeat the purpose of getting Thanos to admit. Think! It's called common sense.

Replace Thanos with any known character (like Thor, Hulk, etc.) and they too would have been ok from Magus punches. You never make sense. I guess I just want to make myself feel better by looking better than you. Uh dunno, maybe that's why anyone replies to you.

I wouldn't call Thor's hammer attacks with the Power Gem just a herald level physical attack. Hell, those same attacks without the Power Gem were crushing heralds (Surfer, Drax with PG, Maxam, Warlock), and Thanos was relatively fine. I don't even know why you'd bring that up really when the whole thing goes against Thanos being herald level physically.

He crushed Nova pretty easily. Which puts him in the herald level physical class or above, therefore you're wrong. But you already ignored that feat so I guess we're good.

You act very slow. End.
No it wasn't, how the **** was it clear? The guy was pissed off at Thanos, and hitting him. Just because he demanded something you figure he was holding back? You ever demand something while you're pissed off and hitting something, and think "Boy I sure am holding back"? The guy has the power to snap and enslave Galactus, how much does he have to hold back to make him punching someone while pissed off a non feat?

Oh, OK. Replace Lucifer with any known character like Thanos when he survived a multiversal explosion, and he'd be OK. You know what this means? Thanos would have survived multiversal damage!
I'm a fan of your attributing feats to other characters completely without any explanation whatsoever.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by iceman24567
I think he meant Prof. Hulk one of the weaker version of Hulk you know Quan level low balling
I remember Thanos hitting Professor Hulk once. It knocked Hulk a bit back, and the very next panel he was back for more.

Not exactly overpowering somebody. Namor, Juggernaut, Wonderman, Thor and so on, they all could do the same thing.

Thanos has yet to prove he's as strong as Hulk.

psycho gundam
thanos also kills hulk in the surfer tie-in for IG. he chokes him out with the gloved hand.

Bentley
He probably means the scan in which he's butting Hulk's head agains Drax's.

h1a8
You never make sense. I guess I just want to make myself feel better by looking better than you. Uh dunno, maybe that's why anyone replies to you.

I wouldn't call Thor's hammer attacks with the Power Gem just a herald level physical attack. Hell, those same attacks without the Power Gem were crushing heralds (Surfer, Drax with PG, Maxam, Warlock), and Thanos was relatively fine. I don't even know why you'd bring that up really when the whole thing goes against Thanos being herald level physically.

He crushed Nova pretty easily. Which puts him in the herald level physical class or above, therefore you're wrong. But you already ignored that feat so I guess we're good.

You act very slow. End.
No it wasn't, how the **** was it clear? The guy was pissed off at Thanos, and hitting him. Just because he demanded something you figure he was holding back? You ever demand something while you're pissed off and hitting something, and think "Boy I sure am holding back"? The guy has the power to snap and enslave Galactus, how much does he have to hold back to make him punching someone while pissed off a non feat?

Oh, OK. Replace Lucifer with any known character like Thanos when he survived a multiversal explosion, and he'd be OK. You know what this means? Thanos would have survived multiversal damage!
I'm a fan of your attributing feats to other characters completely without any explanation whatsoever. You have to learn to read context better. First of all Thor was slamming on those heroes (they were also fighting stupid and jobbing seriously). Thor only managed to jab Thanos with the hammer. All slams by Thor was blocked by force fields by Thanos. Second, no one knows how much stronger PG Thor was over Thor. So any power level assigned to him is pure speculation. IMO, PG Thor was a little less than 2x a serious Thor in strength. Third, I'm referring to other comics where Thor faltered Thanos.

He didn't physically crush Nova pretty easily. The fight had Mar-vell using a lot of energy attacks and a few physical attacks. Any herald can hurt Nova with a punch, come on now. There have been plenty of cases where someone of a class lower has hurt someone of a class higher. So if X hurts Y then that doesn't mean X is in a higher or equal class than Y.

Who cares if he was angry? Learn to understand the writer's intent. Clearly, Magus was portrayed to make Thanos suffer or too coerce him. Even if your argument is also plausible then the feat is still invalid to prove anything, as it is inconclusive.

Do you think Thor would have been koed if Magus was hitting on him like he was Thanos asking Thor to admit something? Answer honestly.

And your bias is clear as you associate a multiversal explosion with the hits of Magus on Thanos.

quanchi112
Ah the bumping of heads huh? Well not only that was a far weaker Hulk, but the same Hulk overpowered Thanos as well when he restrained him. Thor restrained Thanos as well.

So stop acting like Thanos is way above Thor and Hulk in the physical dept. with the level talking stuff. He's shown to be well beyond Thor or Hulk physically since far less than Thanos has physically ko'd him along with Thanos never shown to be breaking a sweat against either two.Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
No he hasn't. Yes, he has.Originally posted by iceman24567
I think he meant Prof. Hulk one of the weaker version of Hulk you know Quan level low balling That's the Hulk and that was Thanos. Unless you think Prof. Hulk isn't the Hulk ? Who is he then ? Is he a different character altogether ?

Sr J-Bieb
You have to learn to read context better. First of all Thor was slamming on those heroes (they were also fighting stupid and jobbing seriously). Thor only managed to jab Thanos with the hammer. All slams by Thor was blocked by force fields by Thanos. Second, no one knows how much stronger PG Thor was over Thor. So any power level assigned to him is pure speculation. IMO, PG Thor was a little less than 2x a serious Thor in strength. Third, I'm referring to other comics where Thor faltered Thanos.

He didn't physically crush Nova pretty easily. The fight had Mar-vell using a lot of energy attacks and a few physical attacks. Any herald can hurt Nova with a punch, come on now. There have been plenty of cases where someone of a class lower has hurt someone of a class higher. So if X hurts Y then that doesn't mean X is in a higher or equal class than Y.

Who cares if he was angry? Learn to understand the writer's intent. Clearly, Magus was portrayed to make Thanos suffer or too coerce him. Even if your argument is also plausible then the feat is still invalid to prove anything, as it is inconclusive.

Do you think Thor would have been koed if Magus was hitting on him like he was Thanos asking Thor to admit something? Answer honestly.

And your bias is clear as you associate a multiversal explosion with the hits of Magus on Thanos. I find it funny how you bring up jabs against Thanos when you ignore Magus haymakering Thanos in the back of the head. Also lol at Thor hitting him with jabs.
No one does know how much stronger Thor was with the Power Gem, you're right. But what we do know is that Thor trashed Drax with the Power Gem, and Surfer while Thor didn't have the Power Gem... so... he was pretty damn strong.

Really? Because Mar-Vell crushed his shields with a hit, and later cracked and damaged his helmet, and messed up his face with a punch. CERTAINLY SEEMS LIKE HE'S A BIT ABOVE NOVA PHYSICALLY

Good point. Who cares what state of mind he was in because clearly asking a question is way more important than how angry he was.
Writer's intent... how about the intent of Magus throwing a hissy fit because Thanos was able to resist him which opened a window for Adam Warlock to grab the gauntlet? There's your writer's intent. You think Starlin sat around thinking "Well, Magus is clearly holding back because he wants Thanos to answer him, so everyone should understand that"... actually, now that I think of it, you're trying to tell me that Starlin wouldn't want Thanos to have the best feat possible? Do you even know who Starlin is? Jesus, don't ever bring up writer's intent again.
Yes, it's inconclusive. Magus with the IG hit Thanos in the face and head and he got up, but it's invalid when we're talking about herald level attacks.

Yes.

You're associating the most powerful being in the universe's hits with just a common attack that anyone can take. Congrats you're very bias... like that ever needs to be said

Also, I hope you realize that Thanos had to specifically depower himself quite a bit to still be way above all the heroes. Magus didn't depower himself. Magus threw a haymaker at Thanos. Holding back!

Nihilist
laughing out loud Bran f*cking owns

carver9
He's shown to be well beyond Thor or Hulk physically since far less than Thanos has physically ko'd him along with Thanos never shown to be breaking a sweat against either two. Yes, he has. That's the Hulk and that was Thanos. Unless you think Prof. Hulk isn't the Hulk ? Who is he then ? Is he a different character altogether ?

So does Grey Hulk equal current Hulk? Does Savage Hulk equal Mastero or mindless Hulk?

carver9
Thanos over powering Professor Hulk (even though this has never happened) doesn't prove a thing since Professor Hulk is the weakest incarnation next to grey Hulk. The sad thing is, Professor Hulk restrained him.

Nihilist
Thanos over powering Professor Hulk (even though this has never happened) doesn't prove a thing since Professor Hulk is the weakest incarnation next to grey Hulk. The sad thing is, Professor Hulk restrained him. Never happened lol ,you think Hulk wanted to get his head smashed together.

Thor helped Hulk "restrain" him, retstain my ass,did you see Thanos trying to break free, no you didnt.

Funny things is Thanos knocked Hulk/Drax away together with a casual back hand, nearly breaking Hulks jaw.

carver9
Never happened lol ,you think Hulk wanted to get his head smashed together.

Thor helped Hulk "restrain" him, retstain my ass,did you see Thanos trying to break free, no you didnt.

Funny things is Thanos knocked Hulk/Drax away together with a casual back hand, nearly breaking Hulks jaw.

Didn't Thanos have the gems when he did that to Drax and Hulk? Never said Thanos could budge Professor Hulk.

Nihilist
Didn't Thanos have the gems when he did that to Drax and Hulk? Never said Thanos could budge Professor Hulk. No it was at the end of the story, as usual youre wrong try reading something for a change.

quanchi112
So does Grey Hulk equal current Hulk? Does Savage Hulk equal Mastero or mindless Hulk? I never said they did but it's all the same character. Even Hulk's greatest feats don't come near to Thanos' feats.Originally posted by carver9
Didn't Thanos have the gems when he did that to Drax and Hulk? Never said Thanos could budge Professor Hulk. This shows you for who you are. One poster who isn't aware of even the stories he debates for or against. It's been proven time and time again you just don't know enough to really argue for one side or another.

h1a8
I find it funny how you bring up jabs against Thanos when you ignore Magus haymakering Thanos in the back of the head. Also lol at Thor hitting him with jabs.
No one does know how much stronger Thor was with the Power Gem, you're right. But what we do know is that Thor trashed Drax with the Power Gem, and Surfer while Thor didn't have the Power Gem... so... he was pretty damn strong. Yes Thor was strong but there is no clear evidence that the PG made him significantly stronger. At most I will say 2x. Nothing more. Magus didn't want to ko Thanos. That isn't a feat that can be used period. Thing messed up WWH's face with a punch, SS messed up BRB's face with a punch. Doesn't mean anything. Plus you are ignoring the fact that Mar-vell was using a lot of energy in those confrontations. Energy amped hits as well. Yes, Magus was holding back, otherwise the writer would have had him say something else, like, "I'm going to kill you now." or "Die!" Nonsense. There is no evidence that Thanos depowered himself physically. Yes, Magus was holding back. It is clear as day. You act like it is impossible to cut yourself off from power of the gems. The feat is not usable.

h1a8
I never said they did but it's all the same character. Even Hulk's greatest feats don't come near to Thanos' feats. This shows you for who you are. One poster who isn't aware of even the stories he debates for or against. It's been proven time and time again you just don't know enough to really argue for one side or another.

Bull Junk! Thanos has no physical strength feats that compare to Hulk's best.

quanchi112
Bull Junk! Thanos has no physical strength feats that compare to Hulk's best. Overpowering the Hulk is better than an exclusive feat to one character. Think.

Sr J-Bieb
Yes Thor was strong but there is no clear evidence that the PG made him significantly stronger. At most I will say 2x. Nothing more. Magus didn't want to ko Thanos. That isn't a feat that can be used period. Thing messed up WWH's face with a punch, SS messed up BRB's face with a punch. Doesn't mean anything. Yes, Magus was holding back, otherwise the writer would have had him say something else, like, "I'm going to kill you now." or "Die!" Nonsense. There is no evidence that Thanos depowered himself physically. Yes, Magus was holding back. It is clear as day. You act like it is impossible to cut yourself off from power of the gems. The feat is not usable. How about this: The Power Gem amps you. Thor had the Power Gem. Thor was amped. Thor unamped ran a rape train through multiple heralds. Thor was amped. By the way, Thor was also amped, and if I recall correctly, it was stated in the comic that Thor was amped, and the source of his amp was the Power Gem (which amps you).
If you're going to sit here and think I'm going to argue about how much he was amped, then this is probably the best course you could actually take.

Magus didn't want to KO him and it can't be used... because? Your debating strategies are impeccable as always. It never happened because Magus never said "Die!" or "I'm going to give you a rimjob till you die... to death!"
Do you listen to yourself? Do you go around saying murders never happened because they never meant to push the trigger, or they never yelled before they fired?
Do people ever push you in front of cars in society because it'd be better than what you're doing now?

Thing messed up Hulk's face and got destroyed. Surfer messed up Beta's face and... well, he beat the shit out of Beta... not sure where you were going with that. Mar-Vell smashed his shields, his helmet, his face, and Nova was nowhere in that fight at any time.

Thanos depowered the shit out of himself when he had the IG. THE SHIT OUT OF HIMSELF

Well, there's no evidence that Magus was holding back, that he depowered himself, or that... wait, I just said Thanos depowered himself with the gems in the post you responded to... how am I acting like it's impossible to cut yourself off from the gems?
I'd talk about something else, but if you're not going to put any logic or any thinking whatsoever forward, then I can cut a post short. You know what I mean h1? No logic or thinking forward... ya, of course you know what I mean

bbrem123

hahahaha...got a good laugh from that....thank u

Bouboumaster
1- Spite against Sentry
2- Spite against Sentry

it was easy!

h1a8
How about this: The Power Gem amps you. Thor had the Power Gem. Thor was amped. Thor unamped ran a rape train through multiple heralds. Thor was amped. By the way, Thor was also amped, and if I recall correctly, it was stated in the comic that Thor was amped, and the source of his amp was the Power Gem (which amps you).
If you're going to sit here and think I'm going to argue about how much he was amped, then this is probably the best course you could actually take. Ok I get you. Your saying it doesn't matter how much Thor was amped because Thor without the amp was still a bad MF. So Thanos was at least fighting, at minimum, a bad MF?
Well if that is the case then my argument changes to someone falling to Thor physically in that arc proves nothing since the characters were fighting stupidly. Even if they weren't, I still don't see how Thor landed the same type of blows on Thanos as he did on them. Not a fair comparison. Now if Thor slammed on Thanos with the hammer and Thanos took it well then I wouldn't argue against Thanos at all. You have my word. But that wasn't the case.
It is possible to be angry and still hold back full power from the gems. It's not like holding back just physical strength. You can mentally allocated how much power you want to use. It is also possible to be mad be still conscious of the fact you can kill or ko someone when you are hitting them.
Look at the fight again. Marvel used energy amped attack to crack Nova's shields. He did other energy effects as well. I know he cracked Nova's helmet a little and made his bleed a little in the face with a good, all his might, punch (I didn't see any disfigurement though).
Thanos turned off sensory input, his power was still off the chain as the feats he had shown (like against Cap's shield). I don't see how that is depowering the shit out of oneself.
I don't understand you here. Please explain again?

I have good evidence that Magus was holding back (he was trying to get Thanos to admit something). These characters never existed and we don't know anything about what really happened (because nothing did) but what the writer is revealing to us. We can't add or subtract anything but other than what the writer is showing us.
I'll just say it is inconclusive (no one wins). That's why the feat can't be used. We have no idea what range of power level Magus was hitting Thanos with.

iceman24567
So does Grey Hulk equal current Hulk? Does Savage Hulk equal Mastero or mindless Hulk? thumb up something is terribly wrong with Quan. Who cares what Thanos did to a weaker version of Hulk?

Sr J-Bieb
Ok I get you. Your saying it doesn't matter how much Thor was amped because Thor without the amp was still a bad MF. So Thanos was at least fighting, at minimum, a bad MF?
Well if that is the case then my argument changes to someone falling to Thor physically in that arc proves nothing since the characters were fighting stupidly. Even if they weren't, I still don't see how Thor landed the same type of blows on Thanos as he did on them. Not a fair comparison. Now if Thor slammed on Thanos with the hammer and Thanos took it well then I wouldn't argue against Thanos at all. You have my word. But that wasn't the case. Pretty much.

lolwut
Your argument changes to them fighting stupidity and it doesn't count because it was a good feat for Thanos? Do you have sandwich meat in your brain or something? Maybe a little bit of genoa, some turkey, bacon? Is it the turkey that told you this was a good idea and you should post it?

No, you're right, Thor was throwin jabs at Thanos and wasn't hitting him hard at all. Writer's intent tells me this is the case too.

It is possible to be angry and still hold back full power from the gems. It's not like holding back just physical strength. You can mentally allocated how much power you want to use. It is also possible to be mad be still conscious of the fact you can kill or ko someone when you are hitting them. Ya, that makes sense. In what of Starlin's memoirs did you read that in again?

You know how hard it is to hold back power when you're pissed off and throwing full haymakers? You know how hard it is to hold back power when you're never stated to hold back power? You know that this would mean that when Warlock grabbed the gauntlet, that Magus was holding back power, and therefore would have never caused a scene since he'd have been swiftly defeated by Warlock?
Plus, if he would have depowered himself, it would have been in the company of Galactus... such a great idea hey?

NOW I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THAT STARLIN WANTS US TO KNOW!

Look at the fight again. Marvel used energy amped attack to crack Nova's shields. He did other energy effects as well. I know he cracked Nova's helmet a little and made his bleed a little in the face with a good, all his might, punch (I didn't see any disfigurement though). I know what he used. It was a punch with energy effects around it. Clearly it was irrelevant to a non energy effect punch.

And the same punch did nothing to Thanos. Point.

Thanos turned off sensory input, his power was still off the chain as the feats he had shown (like against Cap's shield). I don't see how that is depowering the shit out of oneself. I realize it was still off the chain... that was my whole point. Thanos specifically depowered himself and he was still way above the heroes. Magus never specifically depowered himself, but if he did, that would still put him in a pretty powerful range of physical strength.

But Magus didn't depower himself. And breaking Cap's shield is nothing compared to beating up Abstracts.

I don't understand you here. Please explain again?
I have good evidence that Magus was holding back (he was trying to get Thanos to admit something). These characters never existed and we don't know anything about what really happened (because nothing did) but what the writer is revealing to us. We can't add or subtract anything but other than what the writer is showing us.
I'll just say it is inconclusive (no one wins). That's why the feat can't be used. We have no idea what range of power level Magus was hitting Thanos with. Then why are you trying to add new things?
All I'm saying is that Magus with THE INFINITY GAUNTLET punched Thanos IN HIS FACEHOLE while he was pissed off. You're going through "He was holding back" "He could have been depowered" "My anus bleeds". It's bad enough that everyone else defeats you, but even worse when you blatantly defeat yourself.

How about you stop doing "loldoesntcount" everytime you dislike a feat?
Magus with the IG was hitting Thanos, while he had the IG on. Magus is above Sentry
Thor with the Power Gem was hitting Thanos. Thor is above Sentry (plus Thor hits the hardest out of all the heralds even without the Power Gem... so there's that)
Mar-Vell hit Thanos, and Thanos didn't flinch. Mar-Vell is above Sentry
Pattern? No of course not, none of this happened according to you.

psycho gundam
if only surfer fought angry thor as well as superman w/ weaponry did against h/p doomsday

......oh wait. doomsday beating him like a dirty rug doesn't count cause superman was a pussbag

Brockalizer
I honestly don't know. I'd like to pick Thanos, and I know that Sentry's "Power of a million exploding suns" is hyperbole, but even so he is still insanely powerful (pun intended). Thanos is also very powerful, but ripping a God in half powerful, I'm not so certain.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I honestly don't know. I'd like to pick Thanos, and I know that Sentry's "Power of a million exploding suns" is hyperbole, but even so he is still insanely powerful (pun intended). Thanos is also very powerful, but ripping a God in half powerful, I'm not so certain.
Ripping ares in half is less impressive than ripping luke cage in half

Food for though.

h1a8
Pretty much.

lolwut
Your argument changes to them fighting stupidity and it doesn't count because it was a good feat for Thanos? Do you have sandwich meat in your brain or something? Maybe a little bit of genoa, some turkey, bacon? Is it the turkey that told you this was a good idea and you should post it? This writing was a waist of time since I argued "Even if it were..." Logically you are suppose to attack that argument and not the first. Thor threw some decent punches at Thanos, but nothing substantial with the hammer though. So we are suppose to assume that Magus was using the full power of the gauntlet against Thanos when clearly Thanos wasn't destroyed and we have Magus trying to get Thanos to admit something? Thanos didn't have a helmet on to gently crack. But yes Thanos did falter (was affected) from the punch but not as much as Nova did. So that would mean Thanos blunt force durability could be a little higher. Now know that the punch on Thanos was downward and thus giving him the ability to retaliate quicker than if the punch was thrown at the same angle it was on Nova. In conclusion, you proven that Thanos has at least slightly better punch durability than Nova does. But this has nothing to do with Thanos strength, which is a different story. I already argued that it is possible to consciously limit what you draw from the gems while still being mad. Also, if Thanos wasn't destroyed then Magus wasn't using anywhere near the full power of the gems. That's just common sense. So it makes sense that Magus was holding back and only wanting to torment Thanos. The sad thing is I don't see how I defeated myself. Completely cutting yourself off from an aspect has nothing to do with limiting how much power you draw from another aspect. Otherwise you are telling me it is impossible to not hit with all the force of the IG if you are mad. I disagree due to Magus narrative and the fact Thanos wasn't destroyed. Thor doesn't hit the hardest of all the heralds, he can't shatter a planet with a blow like some other heralds can. Magus with the IG is above Sentry or Thor but his punches on Thanos were not above theirs necessarily.

carver9
Ares is high class 100, Cage is class 25. Ares has went h2h with Thor, Herc, and Skaar and held his own... cage has went h2h against...

Ares is far above Cage...FAR above him. Ripping Ares in half, a God was hellava impressive.

psycho gundam
facepalm i know h1's major malfunction

he has preconceived notions about how these characters should operate based on bios, then when the actual comics don't support them he thinks it's garbage.

Ares is high class 100, Cage is class 25. Ares has went h2h with Thor, Herc, and Skaar and held his own... cage has went h2h against...

Ares is far above Cage...FAR above him. Ripping Ares in half, a God was hellava impressive. wut

h1a8
Overpowering the Hulk is better than an exclusive feat to one character. Think.

Hulk is variable and not constant. Namor overpowered an extremely angry Hulk. So is Namor>Hulk?

Professor Hulk is a very weak Hulk. Banner limits him more than the other Hulks. Also neck muscles aren't the same as arm and chest muscles. Plus we have the same Hulk restraining Thanos. Also we have Thor restraining Thanos (but isn't some Hulks stronger than Thor?).

So your faulty logic is that overpowering a specific Hulk at any given time is equivalent to proving you are stronger than all Hulks that ever lived prior. This is stupid.

psycho gundam
Professor Hulk is a very weak Hulk. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/dd.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/dd.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

That's not Professor Hulk. Thus he is still weak.

carver9
That's not Professor Hulk. Thus he is still weak.

That's professor Hulk crazy.

Brockalizer
facepalm i know h1's major malfunction

he has preconceived notions about how these characters should operate based on bios, then when the actual comics don't support them he thinks it's garbage.

wut thumb up

h1a8
That's professor Hulk crazy.

How can it be when it isn't usuable here? Thus that is not Professor Hulk.

psycho gundam
wut

Sr J-Bieb
This writing was a waist of time since I argued "Even if it were..." Logically you are suppose to attack that argument and not the first. Thor threw some decent punches at Thanos, but nothing substantial with the hammer though. So we are suppose to assume that Magus was using the full power of the gauntlet against Thanos when clearly Thanos wasn't destroyed and we have Magus trying to get Thanos to admit something? Thanos didn't have a helmet on to gently crack. But yes Thanos did falter (was affected) from the punch but not as much as Nova did. So that would mean Thanos blunt force durability could be a little higher. Now know that the punch on Thanos was downward and thus giving him the ability to retaliate quicker than if the punch was thrown at the same angle it was on Nova. In conclusion, you proven that Thanos has at least slightly better punch durability than Nova does. But this has nothing to do with Thanos strength, which is a different story. I already argued that it is possible to consciously limit what you draw from the gems while still being mad. Also, if Thanos wasn't destroyed then Magus wasn't using anywhere near the full power of the gems. That's just common sense. So it makes sense that Magus was holding back and only wanting to torment Thanos. The sad thing is I don't see how I defeated myself. Completely cutting yourself off from an aspect has nothing to do with limiting how much power you draw from another aspect. Otherwise you are telling me it is impossible to not hit with all the force of the IG if you are mad. I disagree due to Magus narrative and the fact Thanos wasn't destroyed. Thor doesn't hit the hardest of all the heralds, he can't shatter a planet with a blow like some other heralds can. Magus with the IG is above Sentry or Thor but his punches on Thanos were not above theirs necessarily. Holy shit use paragraphs when you write posts. Just a big wall of text that I'm not going to try and break up

Don't lie to me. You argued that everyone was fighting dumb and it doesn't count. Then in an attempt to cover your ass you said that if they weren't fighting dumb, that Thanos didn't take good hits.
I covered both of those, and attacked you. No "waist" of time there. Actually, there was a waste of time since I'm talking to a wall right now

We're supposed to assume Magus greatly weakened himself because Thanos didn't die? I mean, that's your only real reason really. Keep spamming "HE WERE WAITING ON ADMISSION THOUGH!" like it means anything. Like it ever meant anything anywhere.

How in the hell did Thanos falter? The guy was holding Mar-Vell up, screamed at him, and released a blast. He got punched in the face and nothing happened.
lol at Thanos blunt force durablity being a little bit higher than Nova's. You really have no idea what you're talking about at all times. We could be discussing lamps, and you'd try and tell everyone that they cause black holes.
Also lol at downward force causing you to retaliate quicker. Downward force like that would have caused him to turn a little and spin his head out of the way leaving him nowhere close for a counter attack if it did anything at all, maybe an overhand actually. With the type of punch he threw at Nova, a counter attack could have been a hook, which is a much better option.
Also lol at you ignoring Magus throwing haymakers at Thanos to the back of his head if you're going to bring up "downward force" punches.

Ya, you argued that you can limit yourself while mad, but what you didn't do, was do it successfully.

So let me get this straight, it not only basically never happened if Magus was limiting himself because we don't know how strong it was, but it also never happened if Magus was at full power? So it never happened either way? Oh this is rich. Thanos isn't allowed feats according to you, he can't have the Magus feat, and he can't have the WM Thor feat... and the only reason why is because it goes against your theories (and my, what theories they are). I get you don't like getting proven wrong, but this is a little ridiculous, of course Thanos has no blunt force feats when everyone is going to get taken away
I thought the "no bias claims" rule was in effect on this forum.

Of course you don't see how you defeated yourself. You have no qualms about being a hypocrite. It doesn't effect you.
But just because, I might as well explain what you did.
You said we can't add or subtract what happened. Yet, your argument is that Magus (although never stated) was holding back or Magus (although never stated) was limiting the gems. You went directly against what you said when you added in things that never happened on panel. Even a 6 and a half year old down syndrome kid can see the hypocrisy.

No, Thor has never shattered a planet. But no other herald has cracked Celestial armor, or cracked Galactus armor.

Right, Magus wasn't hitting as hard as Sentry or Thor... did you miss the whole part where you just said Thanos actually limiting himself smashed Cap's shield and you said this was "off the chain"? Thanos stating he is limiting himself > Magus never stating he's limiting himself?

Sr J-Bieb
How can it be when it isn't usuable here? Thus that is not Professor Hulk.
I have no idea what's going on right now

CPT Space Bomb
Thanos wins. Sentry was over-rated. Funny though, he gets more love after he's dead than he did when he was alive.

quanchi112
Hulk is variable and not constant. Namor overpowered an extremely angry Hulk. So is Namor>Hulk?

Professor Hulk is a very weak Hulk. Banner limits him more than the other Hulks. Also neck muscles aren't the same as arm and chest muscles. Plus we have the same Hulk restraining Thanos. Also we have Thor restraining Thanos (but isn't some Hulks stronger than Thor?).

So your faulty logic is that overpowering a specific Hulk at any given time is equivalent to proving you are stronger than all Hulks that ever lived prior. This is stupid. So you admit any Hulk is hard to determine and to compare power levels because we just don't know exactly just have to go with the writer's intent.

Grabbing two people and slamming their heads together shows you are vastly stronger than both. Of course you won't understand this but I am used to this from you by now.

h1a8
So you admit any Hulk is hard to determine and to compare power levels because we just don't know exactly just have to go with the writer's intent.

Grabbing two people and slamming their heads together shows you are vastly stronger than both. Of course you won't understand this but I am used to this from you by now.

Yes and restraining someone physically also shows that you are stronger than them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Yes and restraining someone physically also shows that you are stronger than them. roll eyes (sarcastic) What else does it show other than strength ?

carver9
WWH>War Hulk>Mindless Hulk>Maestro>Savage Hulk>Professor Hulk>Grey Hulk. It's just that simple.

h1a8
WWH>War Hulk>Mindless Hulk>Maestro>Savage Hulk>Professor Hulk>Grey Hulk. It's just that simple.

No offense but I believe War Hulk and Onslaught Hulk are greater than WWH.

Badabing
Carver Hulk>Bada Hulk>Pak Hulk>WWH>War Hulk>Mindless Hulk>Maestro>Savage Hulk>Professor Hulk>Grey Hulk. It's just that simple. thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
thumb up

laughing out loud

You are officially on ignore.

carver9
No offense but I believe War Hulk and Onslaught Hulk are greater than WWH.

What makes you say that? Especially since it was stated at least 7 times that WWH is the most powerful incarnations of the Hulks?

carver9
laughing out loud

You are officially on ignore.

wink

quanchi112
WWH>War Hulk>Mindless Hulk>Maestro>Savage Hulk>Professor Hulk>Grey Hulk. It's just that simple. Most of this is subjective and cannot be proven.

carver9
Most of this is subjective and cannot be proven.

Why can't it be proven? When have any incarnations of the Hulks held a Planet captive like WWH did. Like I said before, it was stated numerous of times that WWH was the cream of the crop vs any other Hulk.

Badabing
laughing out loud

You are officially on ignore. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/th_raptorbadanotamused.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/kmcprofile/th_raptorbadanotamused.jpg

laughing out loud WTH

h1a8
What makes you say that? Especially since it was stated at least 7 times that WWH is the most powerful incarnations of the Hulks? I don't care where it was stated. The proof is in the pudding.

Onslaught Hulk is number one by far then comes War Hulk who had Celestial amping which overridden Juggs unstoppable enchantment.
WWH couldn't stop Juggs at all, so how can't be greater than War Hulk.

quanchi112
Why can't it be proven? When have any incarnations of the Hulks held a Planet captive like WWH did. Like I said before, it was stated numerous of times that WWH was the cream of the crop vs any other Hulk. War Hulk did better against Juggernaut which is a direct comparison. I myself view WW Hulk as superior to war hulk but many disagree and neither is provable.

carver9
I don't care where it was stated. The proof is in the pudding.

Onslaught Hulk is number one by far then comes War Hulk who had Celestial amping which overridden Juggs unstoppable enchantment.
WWH couldn't stop Juggs at all, so how can't be greater than War Hulk.

WWH did stop him actually and WWH just got out of a fight against the entire XMen who was using abilities to rid him of his healing factor.

Then you fail to mention that Juggernaut pushed War Hulk at least a mile before gained the leverage of stopping him. Juggernaut couldn't hardly budge WWH.

Onslaught Hulk is "Mindless Hulk" and Mindless Hulk isn't on WWH level. Strange himself has met Mindless Hulk and still stated that WWH is at a powerlevel he has never seen before.

You have nothing to help ya out buddy.

quanchi112
WWH did stop him actually and WWH just got out of a fight against the entire XMen who was using abilities to rid him of his healing factor.

Then you fail to mention that Juggernaut pushed War Hulk at least a mile before gained the leverage of stopping him. Juggernaut couldn't hardly budge WWH.

Onslaught Hulk is "Mindless Hulk" and Mindless Hulk isn't on WWH level. Strange himself has met Mindless Hulk and still stated that WWH is at a powerlevel he has never seen before.

You have nothing to help ya out buddy. WW Hulk was still losing ground whereas War stopped him dead in his tracks and Juggs looked petrified of him.

Juggs wasn't scared of ww hulk he was of war hulk. War also stopped him whereas ww hulk slowed his momentum to that of a crawl but was still losing inches.

carver9
War Hulk did better against Juggernaut which is a direct comparison. I myself view WW Hulk as superior to war hulk but many disagree and neither is provable.

War Hulk got dragged a mile before gaining the momentum to stop Juggernaut. War Hulk also had a weapon against Juggernaut and the fight wasn't that much of a difference at all. The only difference is WWH didn't have any rest or sleep and was having a continuous battle and Juggernaut and War Hulk was fresh and new, ready for a battle. War Hulk had gadgets and weapons, WWH did everything with his fist.

SuperiorTech

You have nothing to help ya out buddy.

The problem is it's pretty conclusive that War Hulk stopped Juggernaut it was pretty much the point of the whole arc.What happened in WWH is not conclusive they locked up from their its open to many interpretations.Gage wrote this arc and was asked about this he gave multiply answers as to what happened depending on who asked.

1.Hulk slowed Juggernaut.
2.Hulk redirected his momentum downwards
3.They locked up in a test of strength

You can make an argument for both side where as its pretty cut and dry for War Hulk.

carver9
WW Hulk was still losing ground whereas War stopped him dead in his tracks and Juggs looked petrified of him.

Juggs wasn't scared of ww hulk he was of war hulk. War also stopped him whereas ww hulk slowed his momentum to that of a crawl but was still losing inches.

A couple of inches. War Hulk got dragged through a desert before he gained enough energy to stop Juggs. Do you not see the difference?

War Hulk had a weapon and no, Jugs was scared, he was shocked. Juggernaut was SLOWLY pushing WWH l, he dragged War Hulk across the desert before War Hulk got the chance to stop him.

carver9
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
The problem is it's pretty conclusive that War Hulk stopped Juggernaut it was pretty much the point of the whole arc.What happened in WWH is not conclusive they locked up from their its open to many interpretations.Gage wrote this arc and was asked about this he gave multiply answers as to what happened depending on who asked.

1.Hulk slowed Juggernaut.
2.Hulk redirected his momentum downwards
3.They locked up in a test of strength

You can make an argument for both side where as its pretty cut and dry for War Hulk.

That one ft doesn't make War Hulk more powerful than WWH because we would never know what would have happened. Basing it off of other fts...WWH is above War Hulk.

quanchi112
A couple of inches. War Hulk got dragged through a desert before he gained enough energy to stop Juggs. Do you not see the difference?

War Hulk had a weapon and no, Jugs was scared, he was shocked. Juggernaut was SLOWLY pushing WWH l, he dragged War Hulk across the desert before War Hulk got the chance to stop him. Yes, one guy completely stopped juggs momentum and one guy didn't. War hulk did scare and shock him at the same time. We didn't get to see enough of war hulk though but what we did see showed him to be a badass.

SuperiorTech
That one ft doesn't make War Hulk more powerful than WWH because we would never know what would have happened. Basing it off of other fts...WWH is above War Hulk.

I never claimed he was I just think that's not the feat you should use if you want to proved he is superior.

carver9
Yes, one guy completely stopped juggs momentum and one guy didn't. War hulk did scare and shock him at the same time. We didn't get to see enough of war hulk though but what we did see showed him to be a badass.

I agree, he was badass, I just don't think that ft is a usable source for the two. War Hulk also ran through absorbing man like he was nothing as well and he one handed a pyramid. He's up there with WWH but he isn't his equal or superior imo.

carver9
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I never claimed he was I just think that's not the feat you should use if you want to proved he is superior.

I agree 100%.

h1a8
Holy shit use paragraphs when you write posts. Just a big wall of text that I'm not going to try and break up

Don't lie to me. You argued that everyone was fighting dumb and it doesn't count. Then in an attempt to cover your ass you said that if they weren't fighting dumb, that Thanos didn't take good hits.
I covered both of those, and attacked you. No "waist" of time there. Actually, there was a waste of time since I'm talking to a wall right now You didn't cover the latter. Thanos didn't take the type of hits Thor was giving to Surfer and the others. He slammed on them. I didn't see any slams on Thanos. Magus didn't want to kill or ko Thanos. That statement is true. Who cares about anything else? It makes the feat unquantifiable and not usuable. Thanos was stunned from the punch or rather I should say rocked momentarily. Look at Thanos face. From his expression the punch didn't feel nice at all. But it didn't put him completely down. It's the truth. You must prove Thanos blunt force durability being far greater than Novas. Till then it is just a little greater. He knocked Nova laterally more distance away. Thanos was still in the same spot. Thanos recovered quicker because both he is more durable and that he was in the same spot after being hit. Magus threw a punch at Thanos in the back of his head. You are so bias towards Thanos that not only you have to use the term haymaker but you have to use it in plural. It wasn't a haymaker at all but a straight punch. I'm not convinced dude, no matter how you word the feat. Thanos was still rocked like hell anyway while Magus wasn't even using the full power of the IG. So you expect me to believe that not only Magus was using the full power of the IG on Thanos in an attempt to kill him but no other herald level being would have survived the punch as well? He can't have the feats because they are not great feats. PG Thor wasn't operating at more than 2x strength and he didn't hit Thanos with the hammer good enough. The Magus feat isn't a good one either. Magus didn't use the full power on Thanos combined with the fact he didn't want to even ko him, let alone kill him. I didn't add anything. Magus wanted Thanos to admit he was telling lies. Thus it is clear as day he didn't want to kill nor ko him.
I didn't say Magus didn't hit as hard as Thor or Sentry. He could have but Thanos should be able to take at least one hit from Thor or Sentry.
Cracking a Celestials armor doesn't compare to busting a planet dude.
As far as I know a Celestials armor isn't as durable as adamantium in the blunt force area.

Harbinger
I love bran laughing out loud

Diesldude
Do people really believe that a being with 5 power gems couldnt kill thanos if he wanted to? Are you going to apply the same amount of force to bunt a baseball as opposed to swinging for a homerun? Same bat, but different amount of force to accomplish different set of goals.

quanchi112
I agree, he was badass, I just don't think that ft is a usable source for the two. War Hulk also ran through absorbing man like he was nothing as well and he one handed a pyramid. He's up there with WWH but he isn't his equal or superior imo. I agree but it's subjective either way you view these two.

h1a8
That one ft doesn't make War Hulk more powerful than WWH because we would never know what would have happened. Basing it off of other fts...WWH is above War Hulk. A Celestial amping Hulk along with anger amping Hulk is greater than just anger amping Hulk.

carver9
A Celestial amping Hulk along with anger amping Hulk is greater than just anger amping Hulk.

Hulk didn't need the Celestial tech... The only thing that did was help him control his power. It has been stated that Hulk power comes from a pocket dimension (think I'm saying that right) and it grants him an unlimited source of power. The Celestial tech didn't amp him, it aided him in control his powers.

Current WWH had complete control of this power and is doing things that War Hulk never did or done. He had 2 fights, that's not enough to put him over WWH.

h1a8
Hulk didn't need the Celestial tech... The only thing that did was help him control his power. It has been stated that Hulk power comes from a pocket dimension (think I'm saying that right) and it grants him an unlimited source of power. The Celestial tech didn't amp him, it aided him in control his powers.

Current WWH had complete control of this power and is doing things that War Hulk never did or done. He had 2 fights, that's not enough to put him over WWH. I don't know Carv. You may have to prove that. I always thought the tech made Hulk amp more per anger unit increased. But before that, you must clear up "Control his powers". How can controlling your powers make you stronger?

Sr J-Bieb
You didn't cover the latter. Thanos didn't take the type of hits Thor was giving to Surfer and the others. He slammed on them. I didn't see any slams on Thanos. Magus didn't want to kill or ko Thanos. That statement is true. Who cares about anything else? It makes the feat unquantifiable and not usuable. Thanos was stunned from the punch or rather I should say rocked momentarily. Look at Thanos face. From his expression the punch didn't feel nice at all. But it didn't put him completely down. It's the truth. You must prove Thanos blunt force durability being far greater than Novas. Till then it is just a little greater. He knocked Nova laterally more distance away. Thanos was still in the same spot. Thanos recovered quicker because both he is more durable and that he was in the same spot after being hit. Magus threw a punch at Thanos in the back of his head. You are so bias towards Thanos that not only you have to use the term haymaker but you have to use it in plural. It wasn't a haymaker at all but a straight punch. I'm not convinced dude, no matter how you word the feat. Thanos was still rocked like hell anyway while Magus wasn't even using the full power of the IG. So you expect me to believe that not only Magus was using the full power of the IG on Thanos in an attempt to kill him but no other herald level being would have survived the punch as well? He can't have the feats because they are not great feats. PG Thor wasn't operating at more than 2x strength and he didn't hit Thanos with the hammer good enough. The Magus feat isn't a good one either. Magus didn't use the full power on Thanos combined with the fact he didn't want to even ko him, let alone kill him. I didn't add anything. Magus wanted Thanos to admit he was telling lies. Thus it is clear as day he didn't want to kill nor ko him.
I didn't say Magus didn't hit as hard as Thor or Sentry. He could have but Thanos should be able to take at least one hit from Thor or Sentry.
Cracking a Celestials armor doesn't compare to busting a planet dude.
As far as I know a Celestials armor isn't as durable as adamantium in the blunt force area.

Holy shit that made me laugh. It took you that long while actively posting to come up with that?

Slammed on them? Still don't know what that's supposed to mean. Either way, Thanos took big hits and didn't end up sprawled on the floor like everyone else.

Magus didn't want to kill Thanos because... h1 the vulcan data says so? Good enough for everyone I guess. And it doesn't count because you said so too.

What are you even talking about? Thanos was rocked there because of his face? Didn't look affected at all to me...
Well, if that's the face of Thanos being rocked, then look at how rocked he is here in almost every panel!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/ti4p23.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/ti4p24.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/ti4p26.jpg/

lol at having to prove Thanos' blunt force durability is far greater than Nova's. Well since taking shots from Tyrant, PG Thor, IG Magus, his doppleganger, etc don't count right? Never happened? Guess I can't prove it.
I find it even funnier how you called me bias in the same post you said this.

This isn't about what Mar-Vell did to them, this is about you saying that downward force is easier to counter... which is flat out ****ing wrong.\
And Thanos recovered quicker because Mar-Vell did shit all to him. That's why Thanos recovered quicker... it was because Mar-Vell didn't do anything to him, imagine that.

You caught me in a typo, congrats. Only thing you've actually proven.
Um yes, haymaker, straight punch, full power punch, whatever you want to call it... to the back of his head. Yes, Thanos was rocked against Magus not holding back, but he never went out. All I'm saying about that feat really is that Thanos took punches from a high level being and never went out. I'm not saying he went all out, or tried to molest Thanos, I'm saying he hit him hard while mad. But I find your explanations completely out of the ballpark insane, and in no way happened in the comic, so here we are.
I believe everyone else would have been KO'ed, yes. Not sure how Thanos (who's been KO'ed twice in comics, three times if you count SG) not being KO'ed goes against that.

He can't have the feats because you hate Thanos. No need to lie to me.
Ya, Thanos standing against an amped Thor who unamped stomped every notable herald level at the time isn't a good feat... GENIUS!
Thanos taking punches from the most powerful being in the universe at the time is no good... GENIUSER!
I also find it funny how you blatantly ignored YOURSELF saying that we can't add or subtract things in comics, yet you state Thor isn't more than twice as powerful, and you're still going on about the Magus thing. Are you only kept around to make everyone else look good? Serious question. This is astounding to me that you've only gotten worse over the years... meh, around the same, sorry.

Oh but you did.
Yup clear as day he was holding back like it never stated in the comic. Thor isn't more than twice his normal self. Adding things in 101

Let me repeat myself:
"did you miss the whole part where you just said Thanos actually limiting himself smashed Cap's shield and you said this was "off the chain"? Thanos stating he is limiting himself > Magus never stating he's limiting himself?"
Thanos turned off sensory input, his power was still off the chain as the feats he had shown (like against Cap's shield). I don't see how that is depowering the shit out of oneself.
And now you're saying that Magus wasn't hitting above them? This shit is hilarious to me

lol at Thanos should be able to take at least one hit from Sentry or Thor. You really hate Thanos don't you? Might as well go around threads saying Superman should be able to take at least one hit from Wonder Woman

laughing out loud

I'm kind of sad I'm leaving tomorrow, since I want to see what sort of crazy-shit-that-makes-no-sense-at-all you come up with next

Rage.Of.Olympus
You have to learn to read context better. First of all Thor was slamming on those heroes (they were also fighting stupid and jobbing seriously). Thor only managed to jab Thanos with the hammer. All slams by Thor was blocked by force fields by Thanos. Second, no one knows how much stronger PG Thor was over Thor. So any power level assigned to him is pure speculation. IMO, PG Thor was a little less than 2x a serious Thor in strength. Third, I'm referring to other comics where Thor faltered Thanos.

Can you stop mentioning Thor in your posts? Like forever? I have no choice but to read posts that heavily involve him and just skimming your shit has caused me pain.

And I don't know what your definition of a jab is but this doesn't fit mine:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThanosvsThor8.jpg

They weren't excessively amped energy strikes or anything but he was hitting Thanos square in the face.

Thor doesn't hit the hardest of all the heralds, he can't shatter a planet with a blow like some other heralds can. Magus with the IG is above Sentry or Thor but his punches on Thanos were not above theirs necessarily.

Thor doesn't have to be the stronger than all Heralds to hit harder than all Heralds. Which he does.

Also, I hope you realize that Thanos had to specifically depower himself quite a bit to still be way above all the heroes. Magus didn't depower himself. Magus threw a haymaker at Thanos. Holding back!

To be fair, Thanos cut himself off from the all knowing portion of his power set.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm kind of sad I'm leaving tomorrow, since I want to see what sort of crazy-shit-that-makes-no-sense-at-all you come up with next

Same here.

Where you headed?

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Can you stop mentioning Thor in your posts? Like forever? I have no choice but to read posts that heavily involve him and just skimming your shit has caused me pain.

And I don't know what your definition of a jab is but this doesn't fit mine:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThanosvsThor8.jpg

They weren't excessively amped energy strikes or anything but he was hitting Thanos square in the face. I call them jabs because they were not slams.

I agree, but Thor doesn't hit harder than all Heralds.
Yes Thanos did, but cutting oneself completely off is not the same as limiting how much you draw from.

carver9
I don't know Carv. You may have to prove that. I always thought the tech made Hulk amp more per anger unit increased. But before that, you must clear up "Control his powers". How can controlling your powers make you stronger?

No and what proof would you like?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Diesldude
Do people really believe that a being with 5 power gems couldnt kill thanos if he wanted to? Are you going to apply the same amount of force to bunt a baseball as opposed to swinging for a homerun? Same bat, but different amount of force to accomplish different set of goals. No, that's not what I said at all.

He hit Thanos hard and didn't kill him. Nothing more nothing less.

Everything goes against him lowering his power level or holding back, but that's not to say he couldn't power himself up more with the IG, or have kept punching him.

So ya, might seem odd, but H1's ferocious debating didn't give me time to explain myself.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Same here.

Where you headed? Going all over my province to put up buildings for a couple of weeks. Actually I should probably be in bed seeing as I have to wake up in 5 hours...

Also lol at h1 calling those jabs... Jesus. That guy's awful

h1a8
Holy shit that made me laugh. It took you that long while actively posting to come up with that?

Slammed on them? Still don't know what that's supposed to mean. Either way, Thanos took big hits and didn't end up sprawled on the floor like everyone else.

Magus didn't want to kill Thanos because... h1 the vulcan data says so? Good enough for everyone I guess. And it doesn't count because you said so too.

What are you even talking about? Thanos was rocked there because of his face? Didn't look affected at all to me...
Well, if that's the face of Thanos being rocked, then look at how rocked he is here in almost every panel!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/ti4p23.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/ti4p24.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/ti4p26.jpg/ Well the first scan he is in pain, hence the face. The second and third scans has nothing to do with him getting hit. Clearly Thanos made a "Oh I'm getting rocked" face WHILE GETTING HIT and a "I'm going to kill you" face while KILLING. Nope those doesn't prove it either. They just prove he is more durable but not far more durable against physical force. He recovered quicker for BOTH REASONS. They both act together to make it seem as if durability was the only reason (which it wasn't). The blow clearly rocked Thanos as shown. Thor or Hulk would not have been koed by the same hit. This is your weakness coming to play. You only think of the outcomes of comic fights and not the how they happened. They fought stupid and the fact that Thor beat them doesn't prove he is better than them. The only thing we can take is the fact that Thor does have the power to ko them with slams of his hammer (which we already knew). These characters don't exist and none of this stuff ever happened. Thus Thor wasn't more than 2x as strong because he wasn't shown to be. Is it clear? I will continue to get worst thank you. It is fun. I'm like Zoom, I'm here to make you better. He was holding back by proof of his narrative. It is called context. Why in the world would I try to ko someone when I'm trying to get them to say something? That doesn't make sense. Huh? You lost me here. I didn't say Thanos limited himself. I said he cut himself off from sensory input which is totally different. I said Magus limited himself when he struck Thanos. Why is it funny? I didn't say Magus couldn't hit above them. I said he didn't when he struck Thanos. Thanos can indeed take a hit from them and Superman can indeed take a hit from WW.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Going all over my province to put up buildings for a couple of weeks. Actually I should probably be in bed seeing as I have to wake up in 5 hours...

Also lol at h1 calling those jabs... Jesus. That guy's awful

Shit, that sounds great. What company do you work for if you don't mind me asking?

While you're making money, I'm going to be losing money.

h1a8
No and what proof would you like?

proof that it the tech just gets Hulk to control his own power better and doesn't help amp (whatever that means).

Fifthchild
Never happened lol ,you think Hulk wanted to get his head smashed together.

Im not going to pretend Hulk and the Thing wanted to get their heads slammed together but its also pretty clear that yes, Hulk and Thor restrained Thanos against his will. And it didnt seem to be particularly difficult for them either.

This is what i mean about Thanos getting a lot of credit for a couple of panels taken out of context. Theres nothing to indicate he "nearly broke Hulks jaw". We see Hulk and Drax a couple of panels later after Thanos teleports away and they havent even budged.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Fifthchild
Im not going to pretend Hulk and the Thing wanted to get their heads slammed together but its also pretty clear that yes, Hulk and Thor restrained Thanos against his will. And it didnt seem to be particularly difficult for them either.Thanos didnt try to break free at all he simply want to listen to what Dr Strange had to say. Another classic case of a idiot Hulk fan here, Thanos knocks both Drax and Hulk back lifting their feet of the floor with a backhand, when we next see Hulk and Drax, Hulk is holding his jaw.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>