Real talk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikeydude
Alright guys, I'm not trolling I'm not spouting a bunch of Bs, I'm going to talk about some real shit, because I cant do It on anyother social networking website.

To start out with I'm depressed, but its not major, Its just dealing with stupid shit in life. I have kinda had this connection with this girl I've known for about a year now. And I used to like her but it was in a friend way. Before I really get into all that I want to say, the things I want right now are a real relationship, no **** buddies, or FWB. I want a genuine relationship. This girl is real to me, she's not fake, and she's not a typical teenage crush, its like I can reason with her. Tonight, she went to the hospital to take one of her friends to the ER, because he had a kidney stone. And the hospital is right down the street from where I live. Me, not having a cigarette in over 4 days kinda needed a smoke and I wanted to see how she was doing, and what was going on. So, I walked there and sat with her outside for over 2 hours and talked some real talk, just about life and past relationships, just things I typically wouldn't just blurt out to anyone.

After talking for about an hour I realized, wow I want the same thing this girl does, we share a lot of the same problems and past experiences. I realized if I were ever to actually be Involed with somebody it would be with someone like her. I've only experianced this with one other person In my life, and she's still my best friend to this day and I love her like I've know her for longer years than Ive been alive.

The only thing holding me back from actually being involved with this girl Is she will be 19 in two days and Ill be 17 in two months. I feel like It doesnt matter, only because I'm much more mature for my age then most.
I don't even think she realized there Is an age gap. Because I talk on a more mature level than most kids my age. Its just in society it could look bad. And I would typically come out and say, I feel like I have a connection with you. Would you like to be more involved as in talking more or being more of a couple than a friend.
A major problem my life Is I fall too hard into the "friend zone" and even when I like someone, I can never get to the next step.

I want to be able to be real with her. And tell her how I feel about her. But I dont want to scare her.
And Im afraid she doesn't or won't feel the same about me.
I also have a problem with rejection. I'm really bad with It and Im scared when It comes to It.
It's just for once In my life. I want something to be real that I can depend on. And we talked, and its something we both want.
I said all this on here because I don't know what else to do, or who to talk to, and I can post It on something like Facebook, or Twitter because I'm friends with her on things like that. So I turn to you all, because I got nothing else. And I know you all to be real people and people who actually care.
It's 3 in the morning and its all I can do because I can't sleep. So thats its.
And If anything Is good Is going to come out of this thread hopefully I can make it where people can talk about real things. Like this situation.

That ACDC Chick
i can tell you, from personal experience, the longer you keep it in that you feel this way and the longer you refuse to tell her, the worse you'll feel
at least that's what happened to me
i kept my feelings locked away for months and for most of that time i denied they existed, but then when i realized it was true, i got scared as shit, and kept it to myself even longer. and i just felt shittier and shittier. sure, i still don't feel 100%, cause im stupid enough to feel guilty about my feelings, but letting the cat out of the bag really, truly helped things

mikeydude
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i can tell you, from personal experience, the longer you keep it in that you feel this way and the longer you refuse to tell her, the worse you'll feel
at least that's what happened to me
i kept my feelings locked away for months and for most of that time i denied they existed, but then when i realized it was true, i got scared as shit, and kept it to myself even longer. and i just felt shittier and shittier. sure, i still don't feel 100%, cause im stupid enough to feel guilty about my feelings, but letting the cat out of the bag really, truly helped things
Yeah, I know, I've done that before to the only other person Ive felt that way too. And I didn't tell her until it was too late. I still regret it to this day, but not doing it made us closer and better friends.

dadudemon
Well...

Lil' dude, just tell her. That's the best way to deal with it. Get used to rejection because you're only 17. It will happen a lot until you settle down with someone for life.

It may actually alleviate one-sided tension in the relationship on your end. You may think you're relaxed around her, but there's always that shit that's always in the back of your mind.

You can always state, if rejected, that you are willing to not let things get weird.

Also, 17 to 19 is no big deal. That's legal in all 50 states.

mikeydude
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well...

Lil' dude, just tell her. That's the best way to deal with it. Get used to rejection because you're only 17. It will happen a lot until you settle down with someone for life.

It may actually alleviate one-sided tension in the relationship on your end. You may think you're relaxed around her, but there's always that shit that's always in the back of your mind.

You can always state, if rejected, that you are willing to not let things get weird.

Also, 17 to 19 is no big deal. That's legal in all 50 states.
Dom, I love you. When I saw you online I was happy to see I was going to get some real feedback.

I know I have to tell her, I know I should get used to rejection. I'm just a sensitive guy, not to mention, I pull the "what if" shit off way too much.
I also know its legal. It's just different. Something that I'm not used to.
Hopefully we get together again. I talked to her on Twitter, and she said she really enjoyed having conversations like that. And she would like to do that more often.
Also Dom, real personal question here, you can pm me the answer if you like. But, when you met your wife, how did you know she was the one you wanted to marry, and have kids with, and all that jazz.

That ACDC Chick
oh what? the feedback i gave wasn't real enough for you? -.-
nice to feel appreciated -.-

jk jk

crackers

mikeydude
I'm sorry, I just kinda wanted to hear it from a male perspective.
I'm thankful for your feedback. I'm thankful for any feedback, from anyone.

Plus, Dom has some years under his belt. Ya know?

That ACDC Chick
well, then, don't expect any advice from me in the future crackers

King of Blades
Originally posted by mikeydude
I want a genuine relationship...

I feel like It doesnt matter, only because I'm much more mature for my age then most...

Its just in society it could look bad.

I also have a problem with rejection. I'm really bad with It and Im scared when It comes to It.

It's just for once In my life. I want something to be real that I can depend on.

I said all this on here because I don't know what else to do, or who to talk to, and I can post It on something like Facebook, or Twitter because I'm friends with her on things like that.

You remind me too much of me, and your problem is all too familiar. I can't say I have advice for you. Indeed the route of my salvation lies fresh on my mind. But I have found that, through it all, my suffering and pains (the little accomplishments of freedom along the way) I had to ultimately focus on me.

Don't forget that these emotions that drive you ultimately paint the portrait of the goal you desire. Do not let your emotions mislead you; do not be ruled by your reasoning either. Within you lies a genuine balance between these nights of complete fathomless loneliness and the knowledge of freedom from it.

Relax, breathe easy, tomorrow is another day. Ride out these emotions. When they subside, tackle this dilemma anew. Trust me, never once did I ever find a solution to my "dark nights of the soul" in my pits of despair. The morning brings comfort and solace; with it always my solutions.

So I turn to you all, because I got nothing else. And I know you all to be real people and people who actually care.

touched

King of Blades
I want a genuine relationship...

I feel like It doesnt matter, only because I'm much more mature for my age then most...

Its just in society it could look bad.

It's just for once In my life. I want something to be real that I can depend on.

I said all this on here because I don't know what else to do, or who to talk to, and I can post It on something like Facebook, or Twitter because I'm friends with her on things like that.

You remind me too much of me, and your problem is all too familiar. I can't say I have advice for you. Indeed the route of my salvation lies fresh on my mind. But I have found that, through it all, my suffering and pains (the little accomplishments of freedom along the way) I had to ultimately focus on me.

Don't forget that these emotions that drive you ultimately paint the portrait of the goal you desire. Do not let your emotions mislead you; do not be ruled by your reasoning either. Within you lies a genuine balance between these nights of complete fathomless loneliness and the knowledge of freedom from it.

Relax, breathe easy, tomorrow is another day. Ride out these emotions. When they subside, tackle this dilemma anew. Trust me, never once did I ever find a solution to my "dark nights of the soul" in my pits of despair. The morning brings comfort and solace; with it always my solutions.

So I turn to you all, because I got nothing else. And I know you all to be real people and people who actually care.

touched

Plus, Dom has some years under his belt. Ya know?

roll eyes (sarcastic) when you get her, it's going to be an entirely different story

dadudemon
Dom, I love you. When I saw you online I was happy to see I was going to get some real feedback.

I know I have to tell her, I know I should get used to rejection. I'm just a sensitive guy, not to mention, I pull the "what if" shit off way too much.
I also know its legal. It's just different. Something that I'm not used to.
Hopefully we get together again. I talked to her on Twitter, and she said she really enjoyed having conversations like that. And she would like to do that more often.

I think you know what to do. Just make sure not to ruin it by getting weird if she rejects you. It's hard to do...and even full grown adults screw that up (smart ones that are mature). Just be careful but also don't beat around the bush. It sounds like she at least likes you a little bit.

Also, I consider you a friend. I want to see you succeed in your life and to find that special someone. It's a beautiful thing.

Also Dom, real personal question here, you can pm me the answer if you like. But, when you met your wife, how did you know she was the one you wanted to marry, and have kids with, and all that jazz.

Well, I don't mind sharing.

I was driving home one night after working. I got this weird feeling that someone was thinking about me (never have I gotten that feeling before or since). I didn't know who or why.

Then it popped into my head that Emily, who I had been dating at the time, was thinking about me. I called her and asked her outright, "Hey, I got this weird feeling someone is thinking about me: is that you?" She softly laughed and then quietly said, "yes."

From there, it was easy.

mikeydude
Originally posted by King of Blades

touched

roll eyes (sarcastic) when you get her, it's going to be an entirely different story
Sir, I have no idea who you are.
But I have got to say, you are a lot like me.
Those same words, and realizations I've come to bear with problems of my past, and sadly I look back at it and now realize. It's the same dilemma as before, just with a different person.
My mother used to say the same thing almost although she would say,
"Some people are lions, brave and courageous, but go to bed knowing its the same thing as yesterday and it might get worse. I am a Chicken, simple and knowing, but wake up every morning with a new day full of possibilities, and new experiences. Those are the two types of people in life."
I used to think of that quote all the time. I kinda lost touch with It until you said that.
Thank you, Thank you very much.

well, then, don't expect any advice from me in the future crackers
I'm sowwie.

Is it weird that as I finished typing that it started raining where I live?

mikeydude
I think you know what to do. Just make sure not to ruin it by getting weird if she rejects you. It's hard to do...and even full grown adults screw that up (smart ones that are mature). Just be careful but also don't beat around the bush. It sounds like she at least likes you a little bit.

Also, I consider you a friend. I want to see you succeed in your life and to find that special someone. It's a beautiful thing.

Well, I don't mind sharing.

I was driving home one night after working. I got this weird feeling that someone was thinking about me (never have I gotten that feeling before or since). I didn't know who or why.

Then it popped into my head that Emily, who I had been dating at the time, was thinking about me. I called her and asked her outright, "Hey, I got this weird feeling someone is thinking about me: is that you?" She softly laughed and then quietly said, "yes."

From there, it was easy.
Wow, that's amazing.

Yes, I know what I have to do. And I'm not good at beating around the bush, I typically say things like this way to straight up.
Thank you very much, all of you.
I think I just needed some positive encouragement.
smile

King of Blades
Those same words, and realizations I've come to bear with problems of my past, and sadly I look back at it and now realize. It's the same dilemma as before, just with a different person.
"Some people are lions, brave and courageous, but go to bed knowing its the same thing as yesterday and it might get worse. I am a Chicken, simple and knowing, but wake up every morning with a new day full of possibilities, and new experiences. Those are the two types of people in life."
I used to think of that quote all the time. I kinda lost touch with It until you said that.

I'm a long lost KMCer who's finally found his way home.

I know, that's why I'm sharing what I know.

Shadows are darkness in different forms. Darkness does not drive out the dark. Only the light can do that.

Your mother sounds like a very wise woman and coincidentally reminds me of my mother.

Don't thank me, thank those seemingly endless nights of pitiful despair I endured. Without having been broken so horribly, I wouldn't know what it's like to feel the joy of wholeness; more so my understanding's a little better than before. So for the time being, I spend most of my time listening; everyone I've encountered needed more to be listened to than to be advised.

That ACDC Chick

I'm sowwie.

no, that was my doing crackers

King of Blades

Hell hath no wrath eek!

mikeydude
I'm a long lost KMCer who's finally found his way home.

I know, that's why I'm sharing what I know.

Shadows are darkness in different forms. Darkness does not drive out the dark. Only the light can do that.

Your mother sounds like a very wise woman and coincidentally reminds me of my mother.

Don't thank me, thank those seemingly endless nights of pitiful despair I endured. Without having been broken so horribly, I wouldn't know what it's like to feel the joy of wholeness; more so my understanding's a little better than before. So for the time being, I spend most of my time listening; everyone I've encountered needed more to be listened to than to be advised.
I don't really have words to say.
I completely understand.
That is all.

And she is when she wants to be.
Just dont try to get something like that out of her before she has had a cup of coffee because, more than likely you will get random gibberish. laughing out loud

Oh really now? Did you make it stop too?

That ACDC Chick
I don't really have words to say.
I completely understand.
That is all.

And she is when she wants to be.
Just dont try to get something like that out of her before she has had a cup of coffee because, more than likely you will get random gibberish. laughing out loud

Oh really now? Did you make it stop too?
only if i feel like giving you a chance crackers
unless someone is interfering with me in which case THEY BETTER STOP!!! crackers

mikeydude
Soooo, you didn't make It stop?

Scythe
Just take it easy on the depression, seems like it's gone down, but what I'm worried about is that if you ask her to get involved and she says no, depression will cause her to not seek your company. Ya know? May make being good friends afterwards seem abit odd. Though I don't think that should be an issue because from all the time knowing you, you know when to take a positive stance.

Sancty
I just kinda wanted to hear it from a male perspective.

Oh I'm sorry *leaves* crackers

*comes back* maybe you should have mentioned that in your first post so I didn't read it all! crackers

also the age gap is nothing man, good lucks sparklez

Scythe
Haw-Haw, you read it all.

mikeydude
Originally posted by Scythe
Just take it easy on the depression, seems like it's gone down, but what I'm worried about is that if you ask her to get involved and she says no, depression will cause her to not seek your company. Ya know? May make being good friends afterwards seem abit odd. Though I don't think that should be an issue because from all the time knowing you, you know when to take a positive stance.
Yes, back when I was very depressed one of my friends just came out and said, nobody wants to be around depressed people, it makes them feel just as bad.
I learned a lot from that time In my life.

I'm thankful for your feedback. I'm thankful for any feedback, from anyone.

Plus, Dom has some years under his belt. Ya know? Originally posted by Sancty
Oh I'm sorry *leaves* crackers

*comes back* maybe you should have mentioned that in your first post so I didn't read it all! crackers

also the age gap is nothing man, good lucks sparklez
*Ahhemm*

You didn't read it all......

But thanks. smile

Scythe
Yes, back when I was very depressed one of my friends just came out and said, nobody wants to be around depressed people, it makes them feel just as bad.
I learned a lot from that time In my life.

That's a tough lesson to learn, but I am glad it's out of the way, but I hope you are honest with her and straight to the point. People like it when others are honest and it'll cease the pussyfootin' around.

mikeydude
That's a tough lesson to learn, but I am glad it's out of the way, but I hope you are honest with her and straight to the point. People like it when others are honest and it'll cease the pussyfootin' around.
Mhmm. It is.
And I hope I can be as honest and as straight forward as I can. I typically am, but its just this situation, ya know?

You just said pussyfoot. :O
:P

Scythe
Mhmm. It is.
And I hope I can be as honest and as straight forward as I can. I typically am, but its just this situation, ya know?

Well it makes sense, because we fear the outcome of these kinds of things, but I wish you the best of luck.

You just said pussyfoot. :O
:P

I did, I've had that one loaded up for awhile to use, along with:

Robocop's cock

Pussysaur

Checkered shit

Someday though, someday.

mikeydude
Well it makes sense, because we fear the outcome of these kinds of things, but I wish you the best of luck.

I did, I've had that one loaded up for awhile to use, along with:

Robocop's cock

Pussysaur

Checkered shit

Someday though, someday.
Thank you very much.
You are a really awesome friend.
I laughed so hard at that. XD

Scythe
Thank you very much.
You are a really awesome friend.
I laughed so hard at that. XD

Yer welcome, tell us how everything turned out.

King of Blades
Yer welcome, tell us how everything turned out.

yes

Look at us. Such responsible adults stick out tongue

Mairuzu
This aint real talk

King of Blades
Originally posted by Mairuzu
This aint real talk

Metaphysically? Literally? Exponentially human...

Mr. Rhythmic
Well, if you haven't done anything already, I'd suggest this:
Ask her out on a date, and start off a bit slow. If your maturity is something that draws her, nothing says "I'm mature" than knowing how to pace a relationship. Don't batter around the subject of a relationship, but don't just randomly express your love. Just ask her if she would like to see a movie or something, and begin to explore why you two like each other some more.

But whatever you do, DO NOT hold away your feelings. My own lack of confidence and fear of failure cost me the girl of my dreams, and instead walked off with one of the biggest jerks I have ever met. So whatever you do, don't avoid it.

mikeydude
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Well, if you haven't done anything already, I'd suggest this:
Ask her out on a date, and start off a bit slow. If your maturity is something that draws her, nothing says "I'm mature" than knowing how to pace a relationship. Don't batter around the subject of a relationship, but don't just randomly express your love. Just ask her if she would like to see a movie or something, and begin to explore why you two like each other some more.

But whatever you do, DO NOT hold away your feelings. My own lack of confidence and fear of failure cost me the girl of my dreams, and instead walked off with one of the biggest jerks I have ever met. So whatever you do, don't avoid it.
Thanks, yeah the same thing happened to me with the only other person I've felt this way about.

Mr. Rhythmic
Thanks, yeah the same thing happened to me with the only other person I've felt this way about.

Don't let history repeat itself.
And remember though: If she says no or anything, it isn't the end of the world, and it's better to have tried than to have left it hanging.

mikeydude
Don't let history repeat itself.
And remember though: If she says no or anything, it isn't the end of the world, and it's better to have tried than to have left it hanging.
I'm gonna try not to do that.
And its gonna be hard...

Thanks man. smile

Mr. Rhythmic
I'm gonna try not to do that.
And its gonna be hard...

Always is, but what helps define someone is how they handle situations.

No problem. smile

mikeydude
So, I'm meeting up with her at 8.
I think I'm gonna go through with it.

Scythe
yes

Look at us. Such responsible adults stick out tongue

Right? Shit's changed!

dadudemon
How did it go?

mikeydude
Well, I wasn't expecting her friend to be there with us the entire time. And I couldnt get her alone. But Idunno. Spending all that time today, made me almost not feel the same way.

And now I feel Leik a retard.

dadudemon
Well, I wasn't expecting her friend to be there with us the entire time. And I couldnt get her alone. But Idunno. Spending all that time today, made me almost not feel the same way.

So you don't like her as much as you used to after spending a whole day with her?

Maybe your like of her seems to have waned because her friend was there?

Call her up and say, "yo, babe, honey, darling...let's do lunch."

Of course, use your own flavor of words. Just call her up and ask her if she wants to go eat lunch so you can talk to her. Then do one of the following:

1. When you tell her that you like her a bunch, don't ask to be her boyfriend. Ask if it would be okay to start dating more to see how things work out.

2. Just have fun. Talk, do stuff, laugh, have fun. At the end of the date, ask her if she'd like to "do this again". If yes, then go.

3. Do #2, but at the end, tell her that you like her a bunch and explain why. Don't say, "I like you 'cause bewbz" or something like that. Mention something specific and be thoughtful about it. I don't know how you talk to her but you could say something like this, "Well, I've enjoyed our time together. It should be obvious that I like you a bunch. *smile sincerely* *wait for a response and make sure it's positive or neutral (this step just takes practice* I started to like you that one time we talked about x and you said y. You just made me feel comfortable and it felt like I had known you for a very long time."

Mr. Rhythmic

In those situations, you just make due. You didn't need to tell her your feelings, just keep showing that you're a good guy, and like Dadudemon said, just have fun.
I hope you didn't become awkward in that situation, did you?

mikeydude
So you don't like her as much as you used to after spending a whole day with her?

Maybe your like of her seems to have waned because her friend was there?

Call her up and say, "yo, babe, honey, darling...let's do lunch."

Of course, use your own flavor of words. Just call her up and ask her if she wants to go eat lunch so you can talk to her. Then do one of the following:

1. When you tell her that you like her a bunch, don't ask to be her boyfriend. Ask if it would be okay to start dating more to see how things work out.

2. Just have fun. Talk, do stuff, laugh, have fun. At the end of the date, ask her if she'd like to "do this again". If yes, then go.

3. Do #2, but at the end, tell her that you like her a bunch and explain why. Don't say, "I like you 'cause bewbz" or something like that. Mention something specific and be thoughtful about it. I don't know how you talk to her but you could say something like this, "Well, I've enjoyed our time together. It should be obvious that I like you a bunch. *smile sincerely* *wait for a response and make sure it's positive or neutral (this step just takes practice* I started to like you that one time we talked about x and you said y. You just made me feel comfortable and it felt like I had known you for a very long time."
Haa, Dom, I know how to ask a girl on a date. XD
Thank you though.
In those situations, you just make due. You didn't need to tell her your feelings, just keep showing that you're a good guy, and like Dadudemon said, just have fun.
I hope you didn't become awkward in that situation, did you?
No, I didn't make things awkward, because I am good friends with her anyway.
Just seeing how things are going and what its like right now. Plus, spending more time with her seemed different. Like she wasn't the same girl she was that night.
I kinda feel different because I am a lot different than her.
But that night we felt much closer...
Now its friends zone again. Plus she acted completely different. Everything about her was much more, meaningful.
Not to mention she's not over her exes. So Im thinking remaining friends is probably my best bet.
Because everything just seems different.

steverules_2
Just say to her You are good woman...I am good man...

smokin' Got that advice from spiderman 3

RE: Blaxican
I'm in the same boat as you, brah. Attracted to a girl nearly six years older than I(19:25).

Hope everything works out alright for you.

dadudemon
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I'm in the same boat as you, brah. Attracted to a girl nearly six years older than I(19:25).

Hope everything works out alright for you.

Well...see...

this is what you do.

Ask her on a date..

Wait a minute...

Naaaaaah. My situation's a bit different.

dadudemon
Naaaaaah. My situation's a bit different.

She's married, isn't she? no expression

Nope. stick out tongue

I'll tell you another time. Too tired to derail Mikey's thread.

dadudemon
Nope. stick out tongue

Mikey's a great guy: I don't think he'd consider it derailing. But, yeah, tell me/us about it another time. Sounds like an awesome story.

you get thorns
Mikey, I am going to give you enough details so you get the picture.

I didn't act on my feelings years ago. It is my single biggest regret from my youth. Years later when I was enrolling my kids in vacation bible school I ran into her. She was doing the registrations. She had her kids there. We got together and talked a few times because we were old friends. There was a point where I realized this was also her biggest regret. 2 kids too scared to act on something they both wanted. You'll never regret being told no. You may not like the answer but you won't regret hearing it. You will regret never knowing or finding out way too late.

mikeydude
Her birthday is today.
And I missed it because Im at my friends house and his mom won't let me leave after dark. My mom will let me stay out till 2. But not her.
****k.

King of Blades
Right? Shit's changed!

Where has all the immaturity gone?!

And If anything Is good Is going to come out of this thread hopefully I can make it where people can talk about real things. Like this situation.

Originally posted by
Nope. stick out tongue

I demand this train be derailed momentarily. But it's okay, the train will be alright

mikeydude
Where has all the immaturity gone?!

I demand this train be derailed momentarily. But it's okay, the train will be alright
Agreed.

Korto Vos
Haa, Dom, I know how to ask a girl on a date. XD
Thank you though.

Just seeing how things are going and what its like right now. Plus, spending more time with her seemed different. Like she wasn't the same girl she was that night.
Now its friends zone again. Plus she acted completely different. Everything about her was much more, meaningful.
Not to mention she's not over her exes. So Im thinking remaining friends is probably my best bet.

Does she see you as a platonic friend? That might change circumstances...

Honestly, the advice everyone has been giving is valid and so true.

If you think too much about what will happen, you'll convince yourself it's not worth it. That's what happened to me last year. I met this wonderful girl in one my classes; at first, we were just study buddies, but then we actually became good friends. I definitely had feelings for her, but I refused to act upon them because I kept thinking that it would be impossible for me to maintain a successful relationship in college and that she would reject me and it would become awkward and ruin whatever friendship we had.

We haven't talked or seen each other for the last several months (it's summer), and though I'll fortunately see her again come fall, I felt I made a major mistake in not at least trying to see where it went. Some days we'd hang and talk and I felt I was really close to her. And then the other days it seemed we were more distant and "everything seemed different." I've realized now that's just clear overthinking about the situation.

If you really like this girl and want to be in a relationship with her, don't second guess your worth and your connection with this woman. If she's 19, she should also be mature enough to act appropriately regardless of whether she says "yes" or "no."

Slay

Shouldn't let that hold you back though man. You can't expect people to always be deep, and bear their soul to you. Maybe she acted that way because her friend was there, meaning that she can't be that open with her, but that she can be with you.

On the other hand it could be that you just ''fell in love for a night''. I know that's happened to me before as well. You shouldn't just give up on it because it didn't go the way you expected it would one time. You should probably do something with her, or have a talk whatever at least one more time before you give up on it or else you might come to regret it.

So I just posted this immediately after reading this post, so I might be incredibly late. Also I'm posting this at 7:18 in the morning after just coming home from work so I apologise for any incoherences, grammatical incorrectness and whatever in this post.

mikeydude
Originally posted by Korto Vos
Does she see you as a platonic friend? That might change circumstances...

Honestly, the advice everyone has been giving is valid and so true.

If you think too much about what will happen, you'll convince yourself it's not worth it. That's what happened to me last year. I met this wonderful girl in one my classes; at first, we were just study buddies, but then we actually became good friends. I definitely had feelings for her, but I refused to act upon them because I kept thinking that it would be impossible for me to maintain a successful relationship in college and that she would reject me and it would become awkward and ruin whatever friendship we had.

We haven't talked or seen each other for the last several months (it's summer), and though I'll fortunately see her again come fall, I felt I made a major mistake in not at least trying to see where it went. Some days we'd hang and talk and I felt I was really close to her. And then the other days it seemed we were more distant and "everything seemed different." I've realized now that's just clear overthinking about the situation.

If you really like this girl and want to be in a relationship with her, don't second guess your worth and your connection with this woman. If she's 19, she should also be mature enough to act appropriately regardless of whether she says "yes" or "no." Originally posted by Slay
Shouldn't let that hold you back though man. You can't expect people to always be deep, and bear their soul to you. Maybe she acted that way because her friend was there, meaning that she can't be that open with her, but that she can be with you.

On the other hand it could be that you just ''fell in love for a night''. I know that's happened to me before as well. You shouldn't just give up on it because it didn't go the way you expected it would one time. You should probably do something with her, or have a talk whatever at least one more time before you give up on it or else you might come to regret it.

So I just posted this immediately after reading this post, so I might be incredibly late. Also I'm posting this at 7:18 in the morning after just coming home from work so I apologise for any incoherences, grammatical incorrectness and whatever in this post.
I told her, and her response was I'm still not over my ex.
Then 20mins later my ex texts me telling me she wants to smoke me down and ****.
I'm like. I'm only down because sex is great when your high. But tomorrow I'm going to see her....

King of Blades
I'm not going to say if you're going to do something got all or nothing, but bear in mind all your consequences have an outcome. And if you're both showing signs of still hooking back up with your ex's, you may not feel the inclination to get with each other.

Granted, I could be giving this situation more credit than it deserves; you'll both spend a moment flirting with the past and then get over it and get with each other. Not at all an unrealistic probable outcome.

With that being said though, you shouldn't expect the worst not to occur.

My words of wisdom: if something bad happens let it be the product of circumstance than, in any way, influenced by a past action of yours.

Failure to do this, children, is how we form regrets. stoned

mikeydude
It went ok. I told her what it is, by telling her I want a relationship. and I told her she needs to stop ****ing everybody. and she wants to be with me. So, I'm putting her on a month of probation to see if she is willing to stop having sex with my friends long enough to respect herself and gain morals.
Because I broke up with her because I wanted a relationship and not a **** buddy. I have high morals to begin with but they have their limits.

King of Blades
I remember reading in my Ethics class an article about the new found identity between couples (not me or you, rather conjunctive pronouns like us and we).

Your requests aren't all that unreasonable, but bear in mind certain (and I use the term lightly) "life-styles" are hard to override (let alone be broken in a month). But don't lose hope, as nothing is impossible to the dedicated mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.