Wrath of the Titans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

Mr. Rhythmic
That SOUNDS awesome, but so did the first one...

BruceSkywalker
i will go see, hope its good

quanchi112
Yeah, sounds cool as hell but the first movie let me down bigtime. The good thing is it isn't a remake it is it's own movie.

the ninjak
These films need better fight choreography.

Nihilist
That sound pretty...awesome tbh.

Hope its along the lines of Titans vs Gods from the God of War video game.

Kazenji
First look

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=84806

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
That sound pretty...awesome tbh.

Hope its along the lines of Titans vs Gods from the God of War video game. That video game makes me horny it's that good.

Esau Cairn
Back to the Underworld...again?

roughrider
Since Immortals did this exact story just this month, we'll see how big the interest is for this again this spring.

Patient_Leech
I see that it's a different director from the first one, so that's good. The first one sucked ball-sack. Unless this is a complete re-envisioning, I can't see it coming close to the greatness of Immortals.

Originally posted by quanchi112
That video game makes me horny it's that good.

Yeah, lol, I'm not a gamer, but God of War f#cking rocks. I've watched people play it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I see that it's a different director from the first one, so that's good. The first one sucked ball-sack. Unless this is a complete re-envisioning, I can't see it coming close to the greatness of Immortals.

Yeah its the same director who did Battle: LA.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah its the same director who did Battle: LA.

I haven't seen it. Is it any good? It didn't get the greatest reception on Rotten Tomatoes.. kind of a mixed bag.

RE: Blaxican
Battle: LA was ****ing atrocious.

steverules_2
Well wrath of the titans is certainly looking like it's gonna be a masterpiece (yes that was sarcasm)

Kazenji
His previous movies before he made Battle: LA are'nt exactly impressive.

jinXed by JaNx
1st one missed the mark but i'll watch this on dvd for sure

Robtard
This will suck shit covered balls.

roughrider
Wasn't enough to remake Clash Of The Titans, they decided to turn it into a tentpole franchise to milk it.

Kazenji
I wonder what Ray Harryhausen is thinking about this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
This will suck shit covered balls. Promise me you will at least watch the whole thing.

Robtard
Promise me you will at least watch the whole thing.

If watching 80% of a film and it's pure shit; then FFW to the end and it's still pure shit, isn't an indicator that the film is just shit, then that's your personal problem.

siriuswriter
I wonder what Ray Harryhausen is thinking about this.

If he's still alive... well, he's not anymore.

Robtard
Promise me you will at least watch the whole thing.

Promise me you will at least try to stop being a complete imbecile.

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter
If he's still alive... well, he's not anymore.

Wiki says you're wrong.

quanchi112
If watching 80% of a film and it's pure shit; then FFW to the end and it's still pure shit, isn't an indicator that the film is just shit, then that's your personal problem. I don't quit things I start, quitter.Originally posted by Robtard
Promise me you will at least try to stop being a complete imbecile. You responded two different times to the same post an dwant to call me an imbecile. Irony.

Patient_Leech
Oh lord. Cut it out, you two. angel devil

rifle . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . raygun

siriuswriter
Wiki says you're wrong.

Wiki is not an official research site. It's built on the what people contribute.

Plus computers love movies like this because it takes so many to make them.

Kazenji
Wiki is not an official research site. It's built on the what people contribute.

Plus computers love movies like this because it takes so many to make them.

If its like that then

IMDB says he's still around.

quanchi112

Plus computers love movies like this because it takes so many to make them. thumb up

Quan is so hard on Rob's dick it's sad. Talk about a vendetta, lol.

Nephthys
Its some beautiful hatemance, thats for sure.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Nephthys
Its some beautiful hatemance, thats for sure.

Haha laughing

siriuswriter
If its like that then

IMDB says he's still around.

Then god keep him away from all the remakes of the films that he mastered the effects for.

Let's see... he's still got Jason and the Argonauts, right?

And all those Sinbad movies? I mean, Hollywoods not going to keep Sinbad alone, not if they're making a sequel to "Clash of the Titans," the Remake.

siriuswriter
Then god keep him away from all the remakes of the films that he mastered the effects for.

Let's see... he's still got Jason and the Argonauts, right?

And all those Sinbad movies? I mean, Hollywoods not going to keep Sinbad alone, not if they're making a sequel to "Clash of the Titans," the Remake.

And they'll always love him in Monsters, Inc - that gourmet eatery Mika and Celia go to is called "Harryhausen's."
I've always loved that bit.

Robtard
I don't quit things I start, quitter. You responded two different times to the same post an dwant to call me an imbecile. Irony.

You said "dwant" and you clearly do not know what irony is.

siriuswriter
srry for the double post - the second one is the one meant.

Kazenji
Trailer time

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85273

Patient_Leech
Still looks like a CGI mess, but it also looks like it might be more fun this time. Especially if Liam Neeson is in it more and doesn't say that stupid line "Release the Kraken!!" again... lol. And I like Marilyn Manson, but to use a song like that just cheapens the visuals, to me. Doesn't match. Looks like this one is gonna lack vision like the first one, but perhaps not quite as badly.. let us hope.

Kazenji
Still looks like a CGI mess, but it also looks like it might be more fun this time. Especially if Liam Neeson is in it more and doesn't say that stupid line "Release the Kraken!!" again... lol.

That line is'nt stupid " "Release the Kraken!" it just depends how the actor says it because it worked good in the original Clash movie.

steverules_2
I doubt we'll get that line in this movie since the Kraken is dead...or stone anyways. Unless they have a flash back scene or something I think PL is safe from that line.

But I gotta admit I enjoy that line

Esau Cairn
Worthington seriously has to lose that Australian accent.
It really sounds tacky when he's talking to Zeus.

Patient_Leech
That line is'nt stupid " "Release the Kraken!" it just depends how the actor says it because it worked good in the original Clash movie.

If Liam Neeson can't do it, no one can. It was stupid. Period. Sorry, brah.. I like you, brah.. but it sucked.

Kazenji
If Liam Neeson can't do it, no one can. It was stupid. Period. Sorry, brah.. I like you, brah.. but it sucked.

Yeah whatever.....

agree with Sam how he needs to loose the aussie accent for the hollywood movies.

Patient_Leech
laughing Well, I actually do hope they bring that line back, because it makes for a great drinking game. wink

roughrider
The trailer looks like generic garbage. Seems like little reason to hope this would be an improvement over the last one.
Look at it, then look at the trailer for The Hobbit, and you see what real epic vision looks like.

Esau Cairn
laughing Well, I actually do hope they bring that line back, because it makes for a great drinking game. wink

Whether I'm in bed with my missus or sitting on the toilet, you're bound to hear me scream that phrase at least 3 times a week. wink

Patient_Leech
Lmao laughing

Esau Cairn
Yeah she hates it when I crap in bed. sick

Kazenji
Sam Worthington admits that he sucked in the first movie remake

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=52525

the ninjak
laughing I knew it. He admitted he sucked, bravo.

When people say they enjoyed that film I would just stand gob-smacked.

I've seen him do good roles. But if he is gonna do fantasy, he's gonna have to look deep in inside and get more creative. But now that he said this I'm definitely gonna be watching and if he screws this up. game over.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
I've seen him do good roles.

Name one.

marwash22
you thought he was bad in T4?

Esau Cairn
Name one.

2003 Australian Film called Gettin' Square.

Give it a try.

Robtard
Originally posted by marwash22
you thought he was bad in T4?

While he did better in T4 than say Avatar or CotT, he's not a good actor.

Robtard
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
2003 Australian Film called Gettin' Square.

Give it a try.

Fair enough.

Esau Cairn
While he did better in T4 than say Avatar or CotT, he's not a good actor.

It's strange because alot of his earlier roles in film & television shows that Worthington is very capable of not only acting but showing depth to his characters. From crime, drama to romantic roles.

That's what caught the eye of James Cameron.

It's just now that he's a bonafide Hollywood Action hero, the roles he's been given are very wooden & one dimensional.

It's a strange one.

the ninjak
Name one.

I liked him in Dirty Deeds. And yeah getting Square was cool.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It's strange because alot of his earlier roles in film & television shows that Worthington is very capable of not only acting but showing depth to his characters. From crime, drama to romantic roles.

That's what caught the eye of James Cameron.

It's just now that he's a bonafide Hollywood Action hero, the roles he's been given are very wooden & one dimensional.

It's a strange one.

Could not agree more. I've watched him in so many good roles. It kinda sucks to see him get chewed into the Hollywood blender. T4 and Titans were terrible. Avatar? too safe so really fail.

Stoic
The problem with these epic type of films is that they look great right up until the actors begin speaking. If films are supposed to be centered around an archaic era, you would expect them to at least use archaic English (Thou,Thee, Ye, Nay..etc). Conan failed because of the same issue.

marwash22
shut yee dammeth mouth. sneer

Kazenji
Originally posted by Stoic
The problem with these epic type of films is that they look great right up until the actors begin speaking. If films are supposed to be centered around an archaic era, you would expect them to at least use archaic English (Thou,Thee, Ye, Nay..etc). Conan failed because of the same issue.

Then check out the original Clash Of The Titans then.

Kazenji
F_s20p0_iGw

the ninjak
A much better trailer.

That Lava Creature looks awesome.

steverules_2
Perseus is gonna use Zeus' thunder? I think that could be a geekasm moment fo shiz

Hermoine02
I'm big fan of gods related movie.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Patient_Leech
Lots of hi-res images... clicky in case you care more than I do. no expression

Kazenji
People better not be getting hyped up.....remember what happen with the first movie.

Patient_Leech
It looks like some of the visuals might be somewhat entertaining, and hopefully Liam Neeson will have a better look and better lines. Don't worry, even though it looks better than the first one, I still think it looks like crap.

jinXed by JaNx
First one was absolute, dirty balls. I have no interest or faith that this one will be anything more than another disposable cgi thrill ride, posing as a movie that has no substance. Want to see a good and mature modern day, Clash of the titans? If so, then go watch, The immortals, instead. That movie is gold.

The immortals sucked dick.

The best "modern" greek legend movies are troy and 300.

rudester
(lol) to the comment above. I watched both movies and the Titans offered more of a back story rather then a pure action thrill ride.

The immortals was good however, offered more of a look into the world of the gods but I was still displeased. When the first trailers to both movies came out they made it seem that it was going to be a movie about the gods, but it was about a "demigod". I expected the movie to show more into the life of the gods.."more into their world more into their power." Both movies did not offer this aspect, therefore I was not satisfied. When the movie trailer to immortals came out, it had that magnificant scene where the gods are fighting in the clouds but if you watched it, its only one short min where they are actually fighting and it turns out to be more of a thought.

I dont expect anything for the wrath of the titans then to be an action seeking thrill ride, I hold caution to the wind that the producers of this movie have actually given thought to a good story.

roughrider
Remember - this was directed by the man who brought us Battle: Los Angeles. sick
If the first one was barely passable, then there is little hope for this one.

the ninjak
Both Immortals and Clash were terrible films.

Robtard
Originally posted by Stoic

Clash of the Titans and Wrath is set around ancient Greece (mythology), so no English.

Conan was set in the Hyborian age, which is a fictional age created by Robert E. Howard. No "Thous or Thees" needed, bro.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by the ninjak
Both Immortals and Clash were terrible films.

Clash of the Titans was bad, yes (and funny). But don't talk shit about Immortals. If nothing else, it is at least visually spectacular and the music is very immersive. mad

Robtard
Immortals sucked, brah. You're like one of 10 people on the planet that liked it.

Patient_Leech
Not as hard as your mom sucked last night.

Robtard
Let us be gentlemen and get off the mothers; I just got off of yours?

the ninjak
Clash of the Titans was bad, yes (and funny). But don't talk shit about Immortals. If nothing else, it is at least visually spectacular and the music is very immersive. mad
DafoeJesus would be very disappointed in you. Repent! And all will be forgiven.

Patient_Leech
You are clearly a false prophet, because his name is Dafoe Christ. Our film savior. Except Antichrist.. yeesh, that movie freaked me out.. sick

rudester
You are clearly a false prophet, because his name is Dafoe Christ. Our film savior. Except Antichrist.. yeesh, that movie freaked me out.. sick

are you talking about that movie that was set in the forrest, giant tree with roots bleeding?? If so I've always wanted to watch that but was to sceard to watch it alone..

sorry to get off topic here.

steverules_2
People better not be getting hyped up.....remember what happen with the first movie.

No...I blocked it from my mind

rudester
it was an ok movie, I've seen movies that just stop towards the end..so it was ok in my books.

Patient_Leech
Sorry I'm offtopic but this is such an awesome topic... big grin

Originally posted by rudester
are you talking about that movie that was set in the forrest, giant tree with roots bleeding?? If so I've always wanted to watch that but was to sceard to watch it alone..

sorry to get off topic here.

I am referring to this movie. To this day I don't think any movie has traumatized me like this did. I don't think anything will top it, either. It's really good, though. Extremely beautifully filmed...

eBdDcQONmkM

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
No...I blocked it from my mind

No i'm talking about before it got released

everyone on here was getting all hyped up over the remake........and then "BAM".....everyone was disappointed with it.

swill388
I just want to say thanks for sharing the thread with us.

Patient_Leech
I hope it's as funny as the Kraken...

JRSKMUF1PU8

Kazenji
You found the Kraken from the remake funny looking?

Patient_Leech
You found the Kraken from the remake funny looking?

I thought it was funny that even a great actor like Liam Neeson couldn't make the line, "Release the Kraken" not sound retarded.

Kazenji
xwYW-gYMNfU

NemeBro
*Walks into thread*

The Immortals was one of the most visually repulsive movies I have ever seen, the backgrounds being so blatantly cgi rendered that it looked virtually ****ing plastic, the lighting making everything look impossibly bleak and ugly, and the costumes were lame as ****. Clash of the Titans (The remake) was nowhere near a good movie, but at least it wasn't nearly as repulsive to the eyes.

*Walks out of thread*

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by NemeBro
*Walks into thread*

The Immortals was one of the most visually repulsive movies I have ever seen, the backgrounds being so blatantly cgi rendered that it looked virtually ****ing plastic, the lighting making everything look impossibly bleak and ugly, and the costumes were lame as ****. Clash of the Titans (The remake) was nowhere near a good movie, but at least it wasn't nearly as repulsive to the eyes.

*Walks out of thread*

Hahaha laughing

Coming from someone with purple My Little Ponies all over the place (yet dropping f-bombs like crazy, lol) keeps me from taking you very seriously. You did know that Immortals was done by the producers of 300 (also kind of dark and bleak with lots of green screen), yes?

ares834
*Walks into thread*

*Walks out of thread*

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/18205767/images/1330912219544.gif

NemeBro
Hahaha laughing

Coming from someone with purple My Little Ponies all over the place (yet dropping f-bombs like crazy, lol) keeps me from taking you very seriously. You did know that Immortals was done by the producers of 300 (also kind of dark and bleak with lots of green screen), yes? My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is objectively more aesthetically pleasing and better written however boyobo.

I am well aware that Immortals was done by the producers of 300, but while the green screen in 300 that rendered the backgrounds gave 300 a compelling story-book atmosphere (Fitting the framing device), Immortals just looked ugly and often garish, especially when the gods showed up.

Patient_Leech
Immortals just looked ugly and often garish, especially when the gods showed up.

Again, considering your avatar and sig, I would think you'd have a preference for the garish. I definitely did not get a garish feeling from the visuals, though. Ugly, yes. But I like that.. kind of dark and grungy. big grin

Did you like the castration with the mallet scene? I bet that's your favorite part... laughing

Kazenji
Found one review

http://whatculture.com/film/wrath-of-the-titans-review.php

"Visually Breathtaking, But Lacks Depth"

quanchi112
It could be the low expectations talking but I really enjoyed the Wrath of the Titans.

Esau Cairn
I can't get over one reviewer describing Worthington's appeal as "an Australian back-packer in Greece."

Considering I'm Australian too, that's harsh!

Kazenji
It could be the low expectations talking but I really enjoyed the Wrath of the Titans.

Same here i enjoyed it too

even tho they should've re-titled the movie to 'Wrath Of The Titan' since only one titan actually gets out which was Cronus

KingD19
It was a good movie. People who go into movies like this expecting AAA blockbusters that will change the film genre are fooling themselves. It was a nice action flick with monsters and gods. Take it for what it is.

Kazenji
Jonathan liebesman should stick with this genre he was better at this then with Sci-fi/action (Battle: LA)

Newjak
Just got back from watching this.

Better than the first one by miles.

I enjoyed it.

It was fun would be my word to describe it.

jinXed by JaNx
i liked chris gores review of the immortals...,clash of the titans for adults lol. watch that instead because i know this movie is episode 1 phantom menace stuff...,for the kiddies. How do i know? I watched the first one, "Clash of the Titans" and i'm still cutting myself in punishment for that mistake.

Seriously though, all i wanna know is how come this movie aint more 3Der i want more 3d whiff my shit shit dammit MARE 3 D!

Kazenji
Someone's on the booze tonight?

mardook
The movie was a jumble of cliches... the fallen god character was pointless. He's only there to open the door to the labyrinth that leads to the underworld where Zeus is bring held. Its funny because they pretty much stumble through the supposedly impossible labyrinth into where Zeus is beind held in a span of like 2 to 5 minutes max. It sucked... they should just leave well enough alone. They failed with 1, 2 is just as bad. The monsters are pixels, no characterization whatsoever. Videogames have more depth than this turd.

Chef Mikey
Nothing special! Don't bother with this movie!

Patient_Leech
I saw this tonight. It was surprisingly fun. It was a f#ck ton better than the first one. I mean, the visuals and production value were so good that I was willing to sacrifice a little story and character intrigue. I mean, shit, let's face it, the main appeal here is the action and adventure of it all. Pretty impressive visuals. I was pretty blown away by the production of it all. It has LOTR style grandeur. And unlike the first one, the big name actors were used well. There were great performances from Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson, and Bill Nighy. I had no idea Bill Nighy was in it, so that was a pleasant surprise. This was fun. Not perfect, but fun... well worth the $2 I spent on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.