Thor VS Dr Doom 2099

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Thor VS Dr Doom 2099

no prep. no bfr. doom is at full power. current thor. doom enters fight with shields up.

who wins?

CPT Space Bomb
Doom would need prep, and a good deal of it to beat Thor.

Thor stomps. Classic Doom would fair better, though not by much.

wildernesss
no way does thor stomp; doom 2099 at full power was on par with dr strange & had a variety of abilities that present doom lacks...including an internal healing factor, adamantium armor, phasing, intangibility. thor probably wins....but it's no stomp.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by wildernesss
no way does thor stomp; doom 2099 at full power was on par with dr strange & had a variety of abilities that present doom lacks...including an internal healing factor, adamantium armor, phasing, intangibility. thor probably wins....but it's no stomp. For all of Doom 2099's "improvements", he's still the weaker version, and with less feats. Doom loses without prep solidly.

wildernesss
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
For all of Doom 2099's "improvements", he's still the weaker version, and with less feats. Doom loses without prep solidly.

maybe; doom 2099 was able to defeat a very powerful Thor clone. while empowered by the Haazareth he was on par with dr strange.

CPT Space Bomb
maybe; doom 2099 was able to defeat a very powerful Thor clone. while empowered by the Haazareth he was on par with dr strange. Actually, I hated the "unthinkable" arc, if anything it made Doom's magic look weaker. He was already just shy of Strange in the mystic department (though he always preferred technology). And he wasn't on par with Strange then, as Strange said, it was because Doom caught him off-guard. Like I said, I didn't appreciate that storyline. One of the worst characterizations of Doom I've read.

wildernesss
fair enough; however, strange claiming it's only because he caught him off guard is weak sauce.

CPT Space Bomb
fair enough; however, strange claiming it's only because he caught him off guard is weak sauce. Normally I'd agree with you, but in the context of that story it was true. And Strange was still able to project himself via astral form enough to help Richards find a way to beat him. Doom should have picked up on that, but he didn't.

wildernesss
having to seek help from someone else (richards) to defeat doom sort of diminishes the impressiveness of how it was done. the implication was doom was too much for strange to handle taken off-guard...& potentially a stalemate all things equal. however, ya, doom should have noticed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.