Ultimate Spiderman: Miles Morales

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
With Peter Parker dead, the legacy that is Spiderman will continue on with Miles Morales a half african american, half latin nerdy kid from brooklyn. I wonder how close to Steve Rogers' old hood Miles use to live. Anyway what do you guys think. I for one think its about time. I loved Peter Parker but the guy has been around for ages, been thru clones, aliens, losing his aunt may multiple times...yeah i'm talking 616 version. Come to think of it even that. Peter has an ultimate version. Marvel's move to change their flagship character at least in the ultimate universe is genius if anything. And what the author said about this being reflextive of the 21st century is icing on this well developed cake.

RE: Blaxican
BLAXICAN FTW

Bouboumaster
I think it's cool. I can't stand anymore 616 Spider-Man, so in the Ultimate Universe it will be fresh. I stop buying Spder-Man crap after OMD, which I never forgave, but I might start picking this.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I think it's cool. I can't stand anymore 616 Spider-Man, so in the Ultimate Universe it will be fresh. I stop buying Spder-Man crap after OMD, which I never forgave, but I might start picking this.

616 spider-man is still good actually. Grim Hunt was one of the best spidey stories I've read

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by jalek moye
616 spider-man is still good actually. Grim Hunt was one of the best spidey stories I've read

I don't care. **** Quesada and the no0bs who threw 20 years of Spider-Man out the window.

steverules_2
I don't like it...bring back Parker

Kazenji
Originally posted by jalek moye

And also Don Slott's been great on the character.

Deadline
Cut the bone throwing shit. It's not even going to be permanent. Stop ****ing around and just big up present black characters or make news ones. Pathetic.

Digi
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I don't care. **** Quesada and the no0bs who threw 20 years of Spider-Man out the window.

They actually didn't. It was a crap story, yes. But what did they actually do? They removed the Spidey/MJ marriage, as well as Parker's identity from the public. Everything that happened, still happened.

Since AMS put OMD in its rear-view, the stories have been as good as they've ever been, one of the better periods of Spidey's run ever, imo. "Grim Hunt" and "Big Time" were both excellent, and make up about half of the issue that have come out since OMD.

I can get losing faith over OMD, I did too briefly. Historically speaking, though, it's been one of the easier "idiot" moves to get over because of how little it actually changed. If you were attached to Big Red, maybe you hate them. Otherwise, nothing really changed for Pete.

In any case, anyone I've seen on the forums who is in one camp or another, all fall into two categories: those who are pissed at SM stopped reading at OMD. Those who are ok with it kept reading after it and were like "hell, what was all our fuss about?"

Originally posted by Deadline
Cut the bone throwing shit. It's not even going to be permanent. Stop ****ing around and just big up present black characters or make news ones. Pathetic.

It might be permanent. Ultimate U is Marvel's sandbox for f---ing around with their characters.

Badabing
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
BLAXICAN FTW laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.