Guardians of the Galaxy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
http://movies.ign.com/articles/118/1186169p1.html

I hope it is the AnL GotG, because if we get a movie staring Starlord, Nova, Rocket Raccoon and Groot, I'll die instantly after seeing it completely fulfilled.

The new Marvel characters announced for MvC3 Ultimate were Nova (GotG), Nova (GotG), Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange and Iron Fist. There is a new Ghost Rider movie being filmed right now, we have got announcements of a Dr. Strange movie going into production and a GotG movie. Can we expect and Iron Fist movie too? eek!

ares834
Ummm... This is pushing the comic movie genre way to far.

srankmissingnin
Someone needs to show DC how you make a Sci-Fi comic property work. cool

CPT Space Bomb
I don't like this at all.
There are some things Marvel needs to GET RIGHT before they pump this stuff out there:

1. Other space characters beside Thor. Surfer wasn't done right.

2. Other big name characters need light before these guys. I'd honestly rather see a Defenders movie MUCH more than GoTG and...

3. NAMOR!!! Where is Namor dammit? He needs a movie.

4. Fantastic Four needs a good showing; well, Doctor Doom anyway. (I know they're not under Marvel Studios' banner right now, but still)

I can think of tons of reasons why I'd rather not see GoTG untill much, much later.

srankmissingnin
Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Fantastic Four or Silver Surfer, Fox does. Fox also has movie rights to all mutants, which includes Namor. So Marvel can't do any of the four things you mentioned. lol

WhiteWitchKing
Hahahaha, Marvel does love their cosmic heroes. They've tried really hard in the past. It's not there fault that there wasn't enough fans to support these books. But again they try and I'm glad they did. I think Marvel execs would love to stick it DC/Warner Bros. You can't get any cosmic than the Guardians of the Galaxy. Heck, done right this could be the Star Wars movie DC hoped GL would be.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Hahahaha, Marvel does love their cosmic heroes. They've tried really hard in the past. It's not there fault that there wasn't enough fans to support these books. But again they try and I'm glad they did. I think Marvel execs would love to stick it DC/Warner Bros. You can't get any cosmic than the Guardians of the Galaxy. Heck, done right this could be the Star Wars movie DC hoped GL would be.

The rumor is that the Skrulls and Thanos show up in the Avengers movie, so I guess that will lay the foundation for an epic space opera like GotG. I honestly fell that Starlord looks so badass, that they can get a decent box office turn out regardless of how good the movie turns out to be.

I'm curious whether or not Fox has the rights to the Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Fantastic FourI stated as much in my previous comment
In any case, they should wait and flesh out their broader range of characters they have not put into movies yet. If Namor truly is under Fox (I know he's a mutant but I wonder if he was included...)that sucks.

Anyway, there are plenty of people I'd rather see before GoTG...I think that may end up hurting Marvel more than helping. I doubt it will be received well at all...

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I stated as much in my previous comment
In any case, they should wait and flesh out their broader range of characters they have not put into movies yet. If Namor truly is under Fox (I know he's a mutant but I wonder if he was included...)that sucks.

Anyway, there are plenty of people I'd rather see before GoTG...I think that may end up hurting Marvel more than helping. I doubt it will be received well at all...

Nancy here is right. They should give fish breath a chance before Blade. If only they could've turn back time.

Bentley
I will take any excuse that makes Marvel relaunch a GotG comicbook...

Prep-Man
I'm getting a bad vibe here. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the Fantastic Four movies.

Black bolt z
The rumor is that the Skrulls and Thanos show up in the Avengers movie, so I guess that will lay the foundation for an epic space opera like GotG. I honestly fell that Starlord looks so badass, that they can get a decent box office turn out regardless of how good the movie turns out to be.

I'm curious whether or not Fox has the rights to the Shi'ar and the Imperial Guard. There have been lots of rumors. Any proof of who the villian will be? Cuz I heard it was going to be loki and red skull teamed up.

But a CGI thanos would just look terrible in my opinion.

JayDaDon
Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Fantastic Four or Silver Surfer, Fox does. Fox also has movie rights to all mutants, which includes Namor. So Marvel can't do any of the four things you mentioned. lol

Is there pretty much no chance of marvel getting any of these properties back? I mean, I know they recently got the punisher back, but getting something like the x-men rights back would probably be crazy expensive right?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Is there pretty much no chance of marvel getting any of these properties back? I mean, I know they recently got the punisher back, but getting something like the x-men rights back would probably be crazy expensive right? I believe as long as Sony and Fox don't wait too long between movies, they are allowed to keep the rights. Not sure on the number of years though..

JayDaDon
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I believe as long as Sony and Fox don't wait too long between movies, they are allowed to keep the rights. Not sure on the number of years though..

The one I really want is for marvel studios to get back fantastic 4. They're too central to the marvel U not to have in the movie universe. Also, we need an epic onscreen dr. doom.

BruceSkywalker
i will wait until this is officially casted to judge

roughrider
Just what team banner does Namor fall under? Fantastic Four, the X-Men, or Captain America( and by extension, Invaders and Avengers)?
Namor has never been seen or mentioned in either of those film series. I think Marvel Studios could produce a movie involving him as long as the word 'mutant' was never said.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by JayDaDon
The one I really want is for marvel studios to get back fantastic 4. They're too central to the marvel U not to have in the movie universe. Also, we need an epic onscreen DR. DOOM. Why Marvel allowed anyone else the rights to Doom.....He's probably devising a plot to erase the previous movies from our minds as we speak..

AlmightyKfish
Done well, this could be a really great Sci Fi film imo.

I'm intrigued as to what version of the Guardians though.

Mr. Rhythmic
This is stupid. GotG aren't even interesting. Before they go out this far, Marvel needs Silver Surfer (done right), Fantastic Four (done right), Iron First, Luke Cage, Nova, and even Dethlok done well before they start grabbing at the Guardians of the Galaxy.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
This is stupid. GotG aren't even interesting. Before they go out this far, Marvel needs Silver Surfer (done right), Fantastic Four (done right), Iron First, Luke Cage, Nova, and even Dethlok done well before they start grabbing at the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Um, no thanks. What's stupid is that list you just gave. GOTG before Nova.

Supra
This movie looks worthless

Tzeentch
>Guardians of the Galaxy isn't interesting enough for a movie.

>Wants a Silver Surfer movie and a Fantastic Four movie.

ares834
laughing out loud

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this more than any other superhero movie currently. The only problem is it is directed and written by James Gunn....

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this more than any other superhero movie currently. The only problem is it is directed and written by James Gunn....

Same here. Looking forward to their Super Bowl spot.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Same here. Looking forward to their Super Bowl spot.

hopefully the superbowl spot will be awesomeness

Firefly218
No superbowl spot for GotG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.