Darth Caedus vs. Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Korto Vos
Setting: Geonosis Arena

Lightsabers?
Force?
All Out?

Lord Lucien
I've never read the LotF novels, but apparently Caedus' saber prowess is second only to Luke or something. And his will power and pain threshold are through the roof. I'd see him having a lot of trouble with Exar's double-blade proficiency, but I think he could pull it off. He can conjure a third hand with his powers, after all.

I'd give the Force duel to Kun, especially if he's bolstered by his amulets. All-out, I'd give it to Kun 6/10 times. Superior ranged blasts and an otherwise powerful command of the Dark Side is worth that extra 10% I feel.

axel_jovan
I agree.
IfKun has amulets he's going to win the majority. Without amulets for Kun I can see Caedus taking 6/10.

Korto Vos
This battle is between the strongest incarnations of the two, therefore Exar Kin has his amulets.

bayhunter12
Very close battle hear, I would give the victory to caedus 6/10 times.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I've never read the LotF novels, but apparently Caedus' saber prowess is second only to Luke or something. And his will power and pain threshold are through the roof. I'd see him having a lot of trouble with Exar's double-blade proficiency, but I think he could pull it off. He can conjure a third hand with his powers, after all.

I'd give the Force duel to Kun, especially if he's bolstered by his amulets. All-out, I'd give it to Kun 6/10 times. Superior ranged blasts and an otherwise powerful command of the Dark Side is worth that extra 10% I feel.

Do you see Caedus avoiding or blocking those blasts?

Stealth Moose
Avoiding? It'd be difficult. They grow in size as they travel in distance, and can be bigger than a man at anything over 10-20 feet or so according to the comics. Plus he can spam them like morons spam shotguns in Left 4 Dead and boost his Force powers to levels unheard of at the same time, while moving mind you. Not to say he'd legitimately fight like that all the time, but IF he employed his amulets while saber fighting, Caedus is proper ****ed.

Nephthys
Caedus has never impressed me with his Force powers tbh. Whats his best feat again?

Stealth Moose
I think wearing black. Not sure.

Nephthys
He also had a sweet cape. Not Dooku sweet, but at least Vader tier.

Stealth Moose
Assuming citation needed isn't necessary here, that's a considerable reputation. Not that post-JA had a ton of lightsaber masters on par with prior eras, but still... Being second to Luke "Rolfsaber" Skywalker ain't half bad.

However, Luke could also overcome him in the Force. That's not saying much, considering Luke could spank most folks, but other than that he's pretty much off the charts. His one plot-induced-oneness-with-the-Force is impressive, but not indicative of his normal ability.

And he does look BA in some pics. Others he looks like a 90210 reject.

Nephthys
Yeah, he seriously tooled Katarn easily. Beat him while fighting about 2-3 other jedi while he was still recovering from his wounds from Luke.

Stealth Moose
That's pretty uber. Whatever happened to Kyp Durron? He was all the rage previously.

I never did follow post-OT books closely, because it all felt so poorly managed.

Nephthys
Kyp does absolutely nothing of note ever.

Stealth Moose
What a shame.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys

Yeah, he sorta vanished off the scene following NJO.

Vorpal Ruin

Kyp will have his time again! I hope...

Korto Vos
Isn't Durron supposed to be Luke's greatest student?

Ever since I saw this ultra-bad@ss picture...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071208190602/starwars/images/thumb/c/cb/KypDurron.jpg/320px-KypDurron.jpg

....I always imagined him as one of the ubers (definitely in the Top 10).

Nephthys
Yes, yes he is.

Which makes it all the more inexplicable that he's so completely dropped off the map. The way people rate him he seems like he would have been a good guy to send after Caedus.

Korto Vos
Ignoring Revan, I'd say 6 and 7 are occupied by Durron and Kenobi, or vice-versa

Vorpal Ruin
Id say Anakin Solo was Luke's greatest student. Kyp can be 2nd. Kyp is definately top 10.

ares834
Jacen is first IMO.

Edit: By this I mean Luke's top student.

truejedi
If this is the strongest incarnation of each, Caedus wins with ease, since that would be the incarnation that fought Onimini.

Stealth Moose
Which was plot-induced uberness. By that kind of logic, Zonakin is a verifiable and usable versus entity, and can stalemate Force-unity Caedus.

ares834
Nah. In the Essential Guide to the Force Caedus was called the most powerful force incarnation ever. Zonakin was just Anakin tapping into his potential there wasn't really any force oneness going on.

Stealth Moose
But the fact remains that it was an isolated event. Also, Nihilus eats Force. Therefore, he eats Caedus. QED.

ares834
What does Nihilus have to do with anything? But yes it was an isolated event and, IIRC, it was staed he would never be able to preform such a feat again.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by ares834
Jacen is first IMO.

Edit: By this I mean Luke's top student.

If by "top" you mean "failed" then I agree.

ares834
I meant top as in most powerful of course. Afterall, I wouldn't say Kyp Durron is a model student either.

Vorpal Ruin
That is why I said Anakin Solo was his top.

ares834
But Kyp as second... erm

I mean he blew up some stars.

Nephthys
Wow, none of Lukes students did very well did they?

Dessann, Jacen, Kyp, Anakin, probably a few more I dont care about..... not a good track record. No wonder all he worked for gets destroyed a few decades after his death.

Lord Lucien
Wow, none of Lukes students did very well did they?

Dessann, Jacen, Kyp, Anakin, probably a few more I dont care about..... not a good track record. No wonder all he worked for gets destroyed a few decades after his death. If it actually does wind up being only a few decades... facepalm

Nephthys
Well at least the Chosen Ones sacrifice still has some actual meaning and shit amiright?

Lord Lucien
Urnawtrite.

Nephthys
pewp.

Korto Vos
The one decent thing Lucas could have done is tell all the NJO authors not to bring back the Sith.

Even the Old Republic is full of too many Sith and Sith invasions. It seems Coruscant is conquered every other day.

Lord Lucien
In a franchise were the heroes are always Jedi, it made sense to make the only antagonists capable of opposing them the brand-name friendly Sith.

Korto Vos
He ruined his movies though. He just says, "Oh my story in the movies is my own world. There isn't any story after ROTJ." That's such a piss poor excuse.

Honestly, when I found out Sidious comes back, that destroyed any ray of hope I had for George Lucas and his management of this franchise.

Lord Lucien
I honestly don't think he's too aware of the EU. Apparently he's never bothered to read any of the novels. Say what will you about him, but he's at least adamant that "his" universe is his. Contributors get their own and pay financial homage. I can understand him not caring about the rest very much, unless it's interfering with his.

Korto Vos
The whole return of Sidious and emergence of other Sith destroyed him entire PT premise of Anakin as a 'Chosen One'' to bring balance to the Force.

Lord Lucien
To be fair, DE came out like 7 years before TPM, so the EU beat Lucas to the Chosen Punch.

Korto Vos
Honestly, don't these stories have to pass his desk?

Even if it was just a paragraph summary of the series, wouldn't he have noticed, "Sidious returns as a clone and Luke temporarily becomes his apprentice. WTF?! No...veto."

PencilInEyelulz
I believe the popular rumor is that he personally approved of the Emperor's resurrection. In fact, I believe the story is detailed in one of the releases of Dark Empire. Veitch, the author, requested permission to use a clone!Vader; George vetoed the idea, but told him that Palpatine was fair game.

Korto Vos
Then honestly, if that was the case, how in the world did he go along with the whole "balance to the Force" concept? Especially knowing an EU story has Sidious coming back...

PencilInEyelulz
Originally posted by Korto Vos
Then honestly, if that was the case, how in the world did he go along with the whole "balance to the Force" concept? Especially knowing an EU story has Sidious coming back...

Well, George is not known for his ability to stay the course; he tends to change his mind quite frequently and for seemingly no reason.

NTJack0
Like anything Lucas does is good anymore.

PencilInEyelulz
Originally posted by NTJack0
Like anything Lucas does is good anymore.

You realize that as the creator and undisputed dictator of that company, anything good that comes from Lucasfilm and affiliates (and that includes the books, comics, games, etc.) sees the light of day with his express permission?

Korto Vos

Lord Lucien
Didn't he once say in an interview that "No, in my universe, Sidious doesn't come back as a clone"? By the time the prequels and EU got in to full swing, I can't blame the guy for not really giving a shit about the contributing work of outside authors.

Korto Vos
Didn't he once say in an interview that "No, in my universe, Sidious doesn't come back as a clone"? By the time the prequels and EU got in to full swing, I can't blame the guy for not really giving a shit about the contributing work of outside authors.

Yeah, he basically says in his world, the story ends with ROTJ. Therefore, Sidious doesn't come back and Luke isn't supposed to get married and everything else that happens after the Battle of Endor doesn't exist.

But if he doesn't give a shit, he shouldn't be coming in and having the authors kill off Anakin Solo, even though he was a main character and far more developed than Jacen (who was supposed to die) at the time.

And him and his company shouldn't have forced Obsidian to finish KOTOR II in a hurry when there was a lot of cut content and extra development necessary that would have definitely made the game a lot better than KOTOR (it ended up being a little worse than the original).

If all he cares about are his movies, he shouldn't be interfering randomly with the EU and causing continuity conflicts and such.

Lord Lucien
Yeah, he basically says in his world, the story ends with ROTJ. Therefore, Sidious doesn't come back and Luke isn't supposed to get married and everything else that happens after the Battle of Endor doesn't exist.

But if he doesn't give a shit, he shouldn't be coming in and having the authors kill off Anakin Solo, even though he was a main character and far more developed than Jacen (who was supposed to die) at the time.

And him and his company shouldn't have forced Obsidian to finish KOTOR II in a hurry when there was a lot of cut content and extra development necessary that would have definitely made the game a lot better than KOTOR (it ended up being a little worse than the original).

If all he cares about are his movies, he shouldn't be interfering randomly with the EU and causing continuity conflicts and such. I think he doesn't care so long as they're not interfering with his world. Anakin Solo, to him, did. So he had him killed off. By the time his Chosen One thing got underway, it was too late to prevent Dark Empire. Also, I have a feeling that he personally wasn't the pressure behind KotOR II. Even if he was, so long as the game wasn't interfering with his world, he didn't care about its story or continuity, so long as it brought in some dough.

Kind of a dick move to story lovers, but I can sympathize with him. It's not his story, his world. If I created a masterpiece and other people wanted to remora themselves to my work, they can go ahead. But they must pay homage and accept the fact that they're not apart of the original body.

Korto Vos
I think he doesn't care so long as they're not interfering with his world. Anakin Solo, to him, did. So he had him killed off. By the time his Chosen One thing got underway, it was too late to prevent Dark Empire. Also, I have a feeling that he personally wasn't the pressure behind KotOR II. Even if he was, so long as the game wasn't interfering with his world, he didn't care about its story or continuity, so long as it brought in some dough.

Kind of a dick move to story lovers, but I can sympathize with him. It's not his story, his world. If I created a masterpiece and other people wanted to remora themselves to my work, they can go ahead. But they must pay homage and accept the fact that they're not apart of the original body.

I can't really sympathize. If it's his world, and if he wants everyone to know that they have to follow his rules, he should make them clear. He is going to make money regardless- he doesn't need to randomly interfere.

What's worse is that I get the notion that all of us probably know more about the EU than he does.

Lord Lucien
And that's something I can understand. I don't think I'd be all too interested in what other people want my work to be either. But I'd be damned if I'm going to give it away for free, or have them interfere with my work.

ares834
KotOR II got lucky. According to the head designer Lucasfilm was preocupied with RotS when they were creating the game and were able to do whatever they wanted.

Lord Lucien
And were still rushed. F*ckers.

NTJack0
Originally posted by PencilInEyelulz
You realize that as the creator and undisputed dictator of that company, anything good that comes from Lucasfilm and affiliates (and that includes the books, comics, games, etc.) sees the light of day with his express permission? Key word :good. Which nothing is at this point.

What do we get? TFU garbage.

Korto Vos
That and the mediocre TV series currently running. Honestly, Tartakovsky's cartoon is what got me into Star Wars. That and playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast (Kyle Katarn ftw!) and Knights of the Old Republic back to back.

Lord Lucien
That and playing Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast (Kyle Katarn ftw!) and Knights of the Old Republic back to back. Oh my God... are we, like... the same person? How attractive do strangers rate you? Is it "Incredibly" or better? Cuz we may be the same person. Or long lost twins. Is your name Rudy and/or Brian?

Korto Vos
Oh my God... are we, like... the same person? How attractive do strangers rate you? Is it "Incredibly" or better? Cuz we may be the same person. Or long lost twins. Is your name Rudy and/or Brian?

eek!

Dude, I knew it. I totally knew it. My parents definitely found me in a basket in the river.

Stealth Moose

If all he cares about are his movies, he shouldn't be interfering randomly with the EU and causing continuity conflicts and such.

GL's too busy burning bushels of hundreds in his gilded fireplace. He has explicitly stated that he doesn't follow the EU and doesn't care so long as they don't use names that he has in a certain book.

Post-OT books are, as a general rule, horrible in execution. Splinter of the Mind's Eye is a shining example of why EU should not have existed without some singular driving force of consistency. Some of the Zahn books are okay, but when it gets past Jedi academy, I just want to puke. The Vong in particular trouble me.

Clone Wars novels are better. Still inconsistent in some ways, but better written and adhere more to source material. Comics are all over the place. They create a rich history, but stylistically they look like poop and some of the ancient abilities paved the way for Force overpowerment along with DE.

Korto Vos
It's a tie in the poll atm (6-6). However, it seems like most people think Exar will win easily (thanks to his amulets) or Caedus will just outlast Kun.

Based on that, I suppose Exar >/= than Caedus according to poll results.

truejedi
Well, i just voted... I"m thinking Caedus wins easily.

Nephthys
Why?

Korto Vos
If you can fight Luke Skywalker on equal terms, you must be pretty powerful.

Also, can Caedus use tutanimis/Force absorption to block the amulet blasts?

Nephthys
He didn't fight him on equal terms. He fought him by running away and using trickery to do anything and still got the shit beaten out of him. Seriously, they exchanged like 3 blows maximum in combat. The others were Caedus attacking him from behind and throwing stuff at him. On equal ground Luke pinned Jacen to his chair without even moving or even looking at him. Hell, was he even in the same room?

truejedi
Caedus did cross blades with Luke without losing a limb though, but you are right about the desperate nature of the encounter. I just see Kun being a one-trick pony with the amulet. It doesn't speak to KUn's combat ability, it's like pitting Child Anakin with a death star against Caedus on a planet. I dont' see any evidence that Kun has any actual lightsaber abilities, and in a duel, as we type about them, they will generally have to cross blades.

Korto Vos
He didn't fight him on equal terms. He fought him by running away and using trickery to do anything and still got the shit beaten out of him. Seriously, they exchanged like 3 blows maximum in combat. The others were Caedus attacking him from behind and throwing stuff at him. On equal ground Luke pinned Jacen to his chair without even moving or even looking at him. Hell, was he even in the same room?

Yeah, you're right. "Equal terms" wasn't the best description of the duel.

Kun was quite formidable with the lightsaber. He was probably the best duelist of his time, likely better than Qel-Droma too.

truejedi
well, i hate to be like this, but how good was Qel-Droma?

Lucius
Originally posted by truejedi
well, i hate to be like this, but how good was Qel-Droma?

Stripped and blind to the Force, he went toe to toe with an enraged Jedi Knight and firmly held his own.

truejedi
which Jedi Knight?

Lucius
which Jedi Knight?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvar

truejedi
yeah, i'm not seeing anything too impressive there...

Lucius
yeah, i'm not seeing anything too impressive there...

He held his own while completely blind to the Force. He was basically just a normal person at that point. Given all of the inherent abilities Jedi get just by being able to touch the Force, that's impressive. Ulic held is own on sheer skill alone.

truejedi
but i didn't see anything out of his opponent to say that he SHOULD have had trouble holding his own.

Nephthys
She was one of the legendary Jedi of the Great War and once got a clean hit on Exar Kun. And as Lucius said, any Jedi should be able to beat any non-jedi in a sword-fight given their numerous advantages. That Ulic held his own against an enraged Jedi Master while not connected to the Force means that he would have to have been fantastically skilled and physically fit, especially given his age and the fact that he had barely held a lightsaber in over a decade.

Lucius
I forgot about that. Ulic hadn't even touched his saber in ten years.

truejedi
and yet Johun Othune.... Maybe Sylva wasn't any better than him...

Nephthys
She was. Check the link.

truejedi
i read the entire link. I didn't find her winning too many battles, or taking on qualified opponents. She got in what amounted to a cheap shot of the claw against Kun who wanted her to use her lightsaber(who I am trying to substantiate in the first place, so whatever she did against him doesn't qualify her, or we have circular logic)

lord starkiller
for me i think cadeus has a great chance becasue of his abilites and exars amulets are kinda gay he would probly kill exar in a saber duel and his force abilites are almost the same compared to exars amulets so i give it to cadeus 6/10

Nephthys
She's killed Krath War droids, Massassi warriors and Hssiss beats, and fought against Basalisk war droids, all of which are a threat to jedi-level opponents. She's a notable duelist and is skilled enough in the force to deflect blasterfire with her bare hand, an advanced technique in the Force. She also went balistic at one point and single-handedly destroyed a colony of Kiltlik's, a species of enormous bugs that would frequently reduce entire parts of the planet of Cathar barren.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081205052946/starwars/images/thumb/a/ad/Kiltikqueen.JPG/830px-Kiltikqueen.JPG

Note: The other jedi with her just freaks out while she butchers the entire nest. He doesn't do anything in that fight.

truejedi
Do you have evidence that ANY of the above ever killed a Jedi. Ever?

Lucius
Do you have evidence that ANY of the above ever killed a Jedi. Ever?

The KOTOR campaign guide mentions that Basalisk war droids regularly killed groups of Jedi in the Mandalorian Wars.

And that bug is fvcking huge... and she wasted the lot of them.

Nephthys
Well the Krath war droids as you should know did in fact kill a ****ton of Jedi in the comic when they attacked a Jedi assemply of Ten Thousand Jedi Masters and Knights. It was they who killed Arca Jeth.

I trust I don't need to tell you about the Massassi. They are of course highly force sensitive and led the charge against the Jedi throneworld of Ossus.

Hssis are, again, highly force sensitive as well as simply being extremely physically powerful and hardy, so much so that blasterfire simply bounces off them as so:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110320042741/starwars/images/5/54/Hssiss.jpg

Basilisk War Droids are mother****ing Basilisk War Droids. Of course they've killed Jedi. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

And lastly the above picture speaks for itself. Note that there are hundreds of Kiltiks in that picture, which doesn't do them credit. Each one is this big:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081205052916/starwars/images/8/85/Kiltikguard.JPG

truejedi
to be honest, one of them looks that big, and the rest look way smaller.... : / Otherwise, good points. ; )

Stealth Moose
Well said, Neph. Ulic does not get any credit around here.

Stealth Moose
Kun was quite formidable with the lightsaber. He was probably the best duelist of his time, likely better than Qel-Droma too.

To clarify, Kun and Ulic are explicitly equals in combat, neither able to overcome the other. But in terms of Force power, Marka Ragnos named Kun as more powerful. This is likely because of both his natural talent (which Vodo mentions and Arca Jeth) and his amulets.

The amulets may "seem" like a one-trick pony, but considering their universal buffing effect, it makes Kun potentially head and shoulders above most if not all non-buffed Force users. Exponential increase in power is unreal.

Korto Vos
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
To clarify, Kun and Ulic are explicitly equals in combat, neither able to overcome the other. But in terms of Force power, Marka Ragnos named Kun as more powerful. This is likely because of both his natural talent (which Vodo mentions and Arca Jeth) and his amulets.

The amulets may "seem" like a one-trick pony, but considering their universal buffing effect, it makes Kun potentially head and shoulders above most if not all non-buffed Force users. Exponential increase in power is unreal.

Hmm, I would argue that the duel was short-lived to the extent that it's not definitive to state Kun = Qel-Droma in lightsabers. I think had the duel been to the death, Kun's stronger Force power would have given him the edge in lightsaber combat to prevail in that contest.

Nephthys
Actually I believe the narration stated that they were so evenly match that the duel could continue for hours with no clear superior.

ares834
However, the duel did take place before Exar Kun created his dual-bladed saber. I'd be inclined to state that had he used this saber he would have been victorious.

Blick Winkel
It's hard to say that he would have been more skilled with the double-bladed lightsaber, considering he'd only had I believe around six months practise with the weapon next to his entire life's training with his previous style, though it certainly possesses the unorthodox element that may tip the scales. Ulic was also injured quite badly at the time IIRC.

truejedi
and marka ragnos could simply be wrong about who was more powerful in the force...

Dr McBeefington
No he couldn't. That's a ridiculous point to argue.

Lord Lucien
Uliq's always felt like the Forgotten Jedi/Sith.

Korto Vos
Uliq's always felt like the Forgotten Jedi/Sith.

He's quite powerful.

I can see him being in the Top 10 of a Jedi or Sith list.

Stealth Moose
Actually I believe the narration stated that they were so evenly match that the duel could continue for hours with no clear superior.

^ This.

It's conceivable that Kun could have done better six months later, but I doubt the jump would be that much. Ulic was a legendary duelist, more experienced than Kun, though Kun's Force powers gave him the edge to counter that.

Imperial Knight
As far as lightsaber dueling goes I think that Kun will be able to suss out a patern in Caedus's technique and be able to break through his defense and even if Caedus begins to press Kun, Kun will just switch to another method and catch Caedus off guard. For example if Caedus can capably defend against Kun when Kun is using one lightsaber, Kun will just ignite the other end of his saber staff and because Kun's saber staff is so unique I think its safe to say Caedus will have never seen anything like it and wont be able to defend against it.

With Force abilities whilst both Sith are incredibly skilled, I think Kun is better because whilst Caedus's skill is considerable I am certain Kun will be able to defend against his lightning and as for telekinesis Kun has been shown to be able to penetrate the force shields of Jedi Master's with ease (for example Odan Urr) so I think he could penetrate Caedus's force shield to and if Kun has his Sith amulet as well as all this then I think Caedus will be almost certainly over whelmed by Kun.

Overall I think this is a fairly easy win for Exar Kun. I give Kun a 9/10 chance of taking down Caedus.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Imperial Knight
As far as lightsaber dueling goes I think that Kun will be able to suss out a patern in Caedus's technique and be able to break through his defense and even if Caedus begins to press Kun, Kun will just switch to another method and catch Caedus off guard. For example if Caedus can capably defend against Kun when Kun is using one lightsaber, Kun will just ignite the other end of his saber staff and because Kun's saber staff is so unique I think its safe to say Caedus will have never seen anything like it and wont be able to defend against it.

With Force abilities whilst both Sith are incredibly skilled, I think Kun is better because whilst Caedus's skill is considerable I am certain Kun will be able to defend against his lightning and as for telekinesis Kun has been shown to be able to penetrate the force shields of Jedi Master's with ease (for example Odan Urr) so I think he could penetrate Caedus's force shield to and if Kun has his Sith amulet as well as all this then I think Caedus will be almost certainly over whelmed by Kun.

Overall I think this is a fairly easy win for Exar Kun. I give Kun a 9/10 chance of taking down Caedus.

The post legit gave me AIDS.

AncientPower
I had to re-evaluate life after reading that, Kun isn't winning this easily, or at all for that matter. Caedus wins solidly.

Great Sylvar feat though, new TOTJ wank material.

Stigma
Originally posted by AncientPower
I had to re-evaluate life after reading that, Kun isn't winning this easily, or at all for that matter. Caedus wins solidly.
thumb up

carthage
Caedus everytime

Imperial Knight
Originally posted by AncientPower

Great Sylvar feat though, new TOTJ wank material.

I just don't see what Caedus has that Kun hasn't seen before but Kun has plenty of abilities that Caedus either can't defend against or has huge problems defending against for example the technique he used on Odan Urr or his Sith Amulet.

Deronn_solo
Yep. Because Kun using a telekinetic attack to kill a being significantly below Jacen's power is somehow going to crack Caedus' chin for a win?
This logic is so sick, I'm coughing as I type out these words.

Ah yes. Nothing Jacen's Force deflection/barrier can't defend against. Amirite?

Imperial Knight
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yep. Because Kun using a telekinetic attack to kill a being significantly below Jacen's power is somehow going to crack Caedus' chin for a win?
This logic is so sick, I'm coughing as I type out these words.

Ah yes. Nothing Jacen's Force deflection/barrier can't defend against. Amirite?

Odan Urr may not be as powerful as Caedus but as far as the force goes I think he is in the same tier as Caedus and Caedus will not be able to simply use force deflection to defend himself against the Sith Amulet. Caedus has no ability that will be able to take Kun down.

DarthAnt66
Odan Urr may not be as powerful as Caedus but as far as the force goes I think he is in the same tier as Caedus and Caedus will not be able to simply use force deflection to defend himself against the Sith Amulet. Caedus has no ability that will be able to take Kun down.
Profiled.

Deronn_solo

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/9/93477/4744061-6681188319-ni2ZX.gif

Imperial Knight
Caedus has no ability that will be able to take down Kun.

DarthAnt66
Knight, where did you debate Star Wars before KMC?

Imperial Knight
Exar Kun's telekinetic attack's have broken through the force barriers of Jedi Master's and his Sith Amulet was able to kill the Sith Lord Fredon Nadd himself.

DarthAnt66
Caedus' Force Barrier is able to withstand ion cannons and turbolasers to where it's not even really know why he needs a fleet. erm

Imperial Knight
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Caedus' Force Barrier is able to withstand ion cannons and turbolasers. erm

An Ion canon or a turbo laser is nothing compared to Kun's amulet at full power or his telekinetic attack's and as I said before Caedus has nothing that can take down Kun.

DarthAnt66
An Ion canon or a turbo laser is nothing compared to Kun's amulet at full power or his telekinetic attack's and as I said before Caedus has nothing that can take down Kun.
Caedus' barrier casually withstanding that of 70,000 WW2 atomic bombs per shot should handle Telekinesis that pushes back a multi-century old Jedi librarian.

Deronn_solo
LAWL.
Since when can Kun Force blast, or telekinetic attacks hit with the Force off gigatons? You know that atomic bomb US dropped over Nagasaki? That ain't shit compared to a Turbolaser.

Edit: Ant beat me to the point, kek.

Imperial Knight
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
LAWL.
Since when can Kun Force blast, or telekinetic attacks hit with the Force off gigatons? You know that atomic bomb US dropped over Nagasaki? That ain't shit compared to a Turbolaser.

Edit: Ant beat me to the point, kek.

Im sorry but I disagree Caedus wont be able to defend himself against the Sith amulet and he has nothing that can take out Kun. The power of the force is more powerful than any machine!

DarthAnt66
It's fine if you disagree, but stop repeating your point multiple times over again without providing any evidence that suggests Caedus tanking thousands of atomic bombs won't help him against Exar Kun's amulet blasts.

Imperial Knight
It's fine if you disagree, but stop repeating your point multiple times over again without providing any evidence that suggests Caedus tanking thousands of atomic bombs won't help him against Exar Kun's amulet blasts.

Your not giving any evidence of any ability Caedus has that can take out Kun.

DarthAnt66
Telekinesis - Kun hasn't shown really any Force defense. He was even TKed by said ancient Jedi librarian.

Force Lightning - Not Caedus' strong point, but it was capable of harming the likes of Jaina Solo or Vergere.

Lightsabers - Caedus is a more skilled, accomplished, powerful, stronger, and faster duelist than Exar Kun.

erm

Nephthys
Telekinesis - Kun hasn't shown really any Force defense.

Uh, he walked through bombing runs. erm

Also Kun was hit by Wall of Light, not TK.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao, no he didn't.

Wall of Light doesn't throw someone back.

Deronn_solo
There is also the physical advantage Jacen sport such as superior speed, durability, and pain tolerance.. Even with one arm and a gaping hole in his gut, he was able to stalemate one of the most powerful and skilled Jedi in the history of the mythos.

Not really something I see Exar replicating, tbh.

Imperial Knight
Telekinesis - Kun hasn't shown really any Force defense. He was even TKed by said ancient Jedi librarian.

Force Lightning - Not Caedus' strong point, but it was capable of harming the likes of Jaina Solo or Vergere.

Lightsabers - Caedus is a more skilled and accomplished duelist than Kun, having challenged Skywalker himself.

erm

Telekinesis- Odan urr did no damage to Kun with that force attack and im sure if Kun had no force defense it would have ripped him to shreds. Kun has broken through the force barriers of Jedi Master's.

Lightsabers - I disagree Caedus's technique is nothing Kun hasn't seen before where as Kun's weapon and technique is completely alien to Caedus. Caedus may have challenged Skywalker but if that fight had continued Skywalker would have whooped Caedus.

Force Lightning: Jaina and Vergeare are not on the same level as Kun and im sure Kun could defend against it where as as i Have said I dont think Caedus could defend himself against the Sith Amulet if Fredon Nadd couldn't.

Nephthys
Lmfao, no he didn't.

Wall of Light doesn't throw someone back.

Yeah, he did.

Wrong:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48954/1773705-new_picture__50_.jpg

The power Odan-Urr tried to teach Nomi was Wall of Light, chuckles.

Imperial Knight
Caedus cannot take Kun he has nothing Kun hasn't seen before whereas Kun's abilities are completely alien to Caedus.

DarthAnt66
@Nephthys:
No... he didn't. I know what you are referring to, no bombs were remotely near him.

Yeah. He pushes him with Telekinesis then tries to use Wall of Light. I never denied that.
I denied he only used Wall of Light, which is silly since we explicitly see him use Telekinesis.

Nephthys
@Nephthys:
No... he didn't. I know what you are referring to, no bombs were remotely near him.

Yeah. He pushes him with Telekinesis then tries to use Wall of Light. I never denied that.
I denied he only used Wall of Light, which is silly since we explicitly see him use Telekinesis.

Think you're wrong there. It states he's untouched by fire and shrapnel, both of which indicate explosions.

Theres no "then", the text states he's using one attack and we see him using it. Theres only one panel with Kun flying back, and no indication of two attacks. Wall of Light can firebomb planets, it's not outlandish to think it pushes someone back when we see it happen.

DarthAnt66
He could be untouched because no bombs hit him, which is entirely the point. erm He could just be using his senses to navigate the battlefield.

If it pushes Kun, it's also a display of Telekinesis. thumb up A Wall of Light is a shimmering Force barrier that encloses on someone, not pushes them out.

Nephthys
Good comeback?

DarthAnt66
I was editing my post since you edited yours.

The Merchant
Just saying, but Kun's amulets did blast through the Massassi temple walls, which withstood full power turbolaser shots from an Executor class star destroyer. However, that particular instance portrayed the Turbolasers being crap, only causing forest fires lol.

SunRazer
It's a good fight, but Caedus wins.

Trocity
Caedus cannot take Kun he has nothing Kun hasn't seen before whereas Kun's abilities are completely alien to Caedus.

You must have been stoned when you typed this.

Imperial Knight
Originally posted by Trocity
You must have been stoned when you typed this.

Caedus has never seen the type of abilities Kun uses like his amulet and he has never seen a lightsaber as unique as Kun's before.

The Merchant
Yeah, but Caedus has more raw power than him. Like, wayyyyyyy more. Caedus's shields were speculated to take on entire fleets of capital starships.

Imperial Knight
Originally posted by The Merchant
Yeah, but Caedus has more raw power than him. Like, wayyyyyyy more. Caedus's shields were speculated to take on entire fleets of capital starships.

Perhaps but you don't need to have the most raw power to be viable in a contest and I think Kun's abilities are more practical than Caedus's and do not forget that Kun still has an insane amount of raw power.

Trocity
Caedus has never seen the type of abilities Kun uses like his amulet and he has never seen a lightsaber as unique as Kun's before.

Kun has never seen the esoteric abilities Caedus possesses.

And against someone as skilled as Caedus, someone who was taking on groups of Vong Slayers wielding amphistaffs as a teenager, and later on as a duelist in the same tier as Luke/Yoda/Sidious, Kun's lightsaber isn't going to be the unpredictable advantage it was against the combatants from his era.

Imperial Knight
Kun has never seen the esoteric abilities Caedus possesses.

And against someone as skilled as Caedus, someone who was taking on groups of Vong Slayers wielding amphistaffs as a teenager, and later on as a duelist in the same tier as Luke/Yoda/Sidious, Kun's lightsaber isn't going to be the unpredictable advantage it was against the combatants from his era.

Kun may never have seen some of Caedus's more unique abilities but I dont think Caedus's techniques are actually that efficient in combat and don't forget Mara Jade would have killed Caedus if he hadn't projected that image of Ben Skywalker just as she was about to strike him down. I also disagree with you about Kun's saber as I don't think it is anything like any other double bladed saber in the way its used and I think that will catch Caedus off guard just as it did the Jedi of Kun's era.

Trocity
No, I would never forget the fight where Mara had multiple advantages going into the fight but still died.

Show me a character approaching Caedus' level that was caught off guard by Kun's lightsaber. Because none are shown on panel losing due to the unpredictability of his saber, so I doubt you will find any at all, let alone a high level combatant.

Imperial Knight
No, I would never forget the fight where Mara had multiple advantages going into the fight but still died.

Show me a character approaching Caedus' level that was caught off guard by Kun's lightsaber. Because none are shown on panel losing due to the unpredictability of his saber, so I doubt you will find any at all, let alone a high level combatant.

I'd say Vodo-Siosk Bass would defiantly be able to at least compete with Caedus, at least in a lightsaber duel after all he was the battle master of the day and in their fight up until Kun ignited the other end of his saber the fight was fairly even but once Kun did ignite the other end of the saber Bass was caught off guard and cut down. And also while Mara ambushed him in space once they were on the ground Caedus was ready for her and only won because he cast that illusion of Ben just before Mara was about to kill him.

Trocity
Vodo didn't get cut down via being caught off guard and I'm not going through the Mara fight all over again; if you think she's a legitimate challenge to Caedus in a neutral ground setting, you're wrong, simple as that.

Imperial Knight
Vodo didn't get cut down via being caught off guard and I'm not going through the Mara fight all over again; if you think she's a legitimate challenge to Caedus in a neutral ground setting, you're wrong, simple as that.

I disagree with what you said about Mara and if during the fight she wasn't thinking about protecting Ben or anyone else and was just thinking about killing Caedus then I do think she has a good chance of cutting him down but yeah I wont get into that again. Bass was cut down by being caught off guard he was pressing the offensive and causing Kun problem's before this but once Kun ignited the other end of the saber Bass lost all control of the fight and was driven back and cut down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.