Wolverine vs The Mandarin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Lets make this two fights:

1. With rings.

2. Without rings.

Who wins?

Harbinger
Mandarin in the first, Logan in the second.

Bentley
Mandarin stomps in the first. The second one I lean slightly favoring Logan.

Bouboumaster
1- Mandarin wins 9/10
2- Wolverine wins 9/10

Bentley
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- Mandarin wins 9/10
2- Wolverine wins 9/10

Logan gets no wins against the Rings.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley

And 9/10 without the rings?

He's strong enough and quick enough to match Starks armor! \

It should be a little closer than a stomp.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
And 9/10 without the rings?

He's strong enough and quick enough to match Starks armor! \

It should be a little closer than a stomp.

Let's not name the people Wolverine has taken on.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Let's not name the people Wolverine has taken on.

Yeah, yeah, he started out taking on the Hulk. I'm aware of Logans history.

But that's a combination of his healing factor, adamantium skeleton, and agility. he's still the underdog against heavy hitters.

And he's not taking on Hulk here, or a comparable slow, lumbering brick.

He can be knocked out by a good, clean hit (Or enough good, clean hits. Wonder Man seemed well on his way to a KO with his cheap shot blitz attacks before Maxim butted in), as Namor and countless others have done in the past.

carver9
Yeah, yeah, he started out taking on the Hulk. I'm aware of Logans history.

But that's a combination of his healing factor, adamantium skeleton, and agility. he's still the underdog against heavy hitters.

And he's not taking on Hulk here, or a comparable slow, lumbering brick.

He can be knocked out by a good, clean hit (Or enough good, clean hits), as Namor and countless others have done in the past.

Show me Namor one shotting Wolverine without any outside circumstances. Wolverine has also taken on Ironman. Hell, during the infinite gauntlet run, Wolverine and Ironman squared off against each other in a ruthless fight and during the end of it, Wolverine was on top of Ironman with his claws out for the final blow.

Wolverinr has also taken it to Mimic who is> Ironman. He has taken direct hits from Sasquash and still had a smile on his face. He has taken on Rulk, Hulk, Colossus, Wendigo, Namor, Wonderman recently punched him which was stated as being hit by Sentry and Wolverine was ok, punched by Juggernaut, Thor and the list goes on. All of these people are stronger than
Ironman and Mandarin.

You thinking that he is one shotting Wolverine because he has taken on Ironman is ludicrous.

cdtm
Show me Namor one shotting Wolverine without any outside circumstances. Wolverine has also taken on Ironman. Hell, during the infinite gauntlet run, Wolverine and Ironman squared off against each other in a ruthless fight and during the end of it, Wolverine was on top of Ironman with his claws out for the final blow.

Wolverinr has also taken it to Mimic who is> Ironman. He has taken direct hits from Sasquash and still had a smile on his face. He has taken on Rulk, Hulk, Colossus, Wendigo, Namor, Wonderman recently punched him which was stated as being hit by Sentry and Wolverine was ok, punched by Juggernaut, Thor and the list goes on. All of these people are stronger than
Ironman and Mandarin.

You thinking that he is one shotting Wolverine because he has taken on Ironman is ludicrous.

In that Thor vs Superman thread, if fans wanted to, they could point out numerous instances of Superman tanking hits, like against Mongul and Bizarro Superman, without seeming damage. But it'd be pretty ridiculous to use such examples to argue Supermans unkoable.. I'm a fan of the character, and I certainly don't think he's unkoable.

Do you think Wolverine is unkoable? Sometimes, it seems like you do, by your arguments..

Anyways, I'm not really arguing Mandarin one shot KO's Wolverine every time.. What I AM arguing, is that Manadarin has speed feats putting him well and above most bricks. More than enough speed feats to keep pace with Logan, if not prove he's faster.. Enough speed to land clean hits, instead of glancing blows. And, he has plenty of feats proving he can dish out the damage, as seen in any given fight vs Iron Man...

I don't see this as a stomp against Wolverine, by any means, but I can't see him getting only 1 win out of 10 either.

Not unless you think Wolverine simply can't be KOed.

the ninjak
Tony would destroy Logan in a real fight.

carver9
In that Thor vs Superman thread, if fans wanted to, they could point out numerous instances of Superman tanking hits, like against Mongul and Bizarro Superman, without seeming damage. But it'd be pretty ridiculous to use such examples to argue Supermans unkoable.. I'm a fan of the character, and I certainly don't think he's unkoable.

Do you think Wolverine is unkoable? Sometimes, it seems like you do, by your arguments..

Anyways, I'm not really arguing Mandarin one shot KO's Wolverine every time.. What I AM arguing, is that Manadarin has speed feats putting him well and above most bricks. More than enough speed feats to keep pace with Logan, if not prove he's faster.. And, he has plenty of feats proving he can dish out the damage, as seen in any given fight vs Iron Man...

I don't see this as a stomp against Wolverine, by any means, but I can't see him getting only 1 win out of 10 either.

Not unless you think Wolverine simply can't be KOed.

Sigh*

No one is saying that wolverine will tank his hits...what I AM saying is that he will NOT get one shotted. Mandarin doesn't have a single ft showing he is on Wolverine level speed wise.

Mandarin would get crushed by Wolverine in h2h.

cdtm
Sigh*

No one is saying that wolverine will tank his hits...what I AM saying is that he will NOT get one shotted. Mandarin doesn't have a single ft showing he is on Wolverine level speed wise.

No rings in this example, which is obvious given he's restrained in chains and a straight jacket:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4855/scan0016rd9.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4283/scan0017zd6.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9978/scan0018du8.jpg

After the bullets are fired, Mandy intercepts them with his chain.

So there's your "single ft" showing he's on Wolverines level speed wise. stick out tongue

cdtm
Also, Mandarin was deprived of food and water, so he wasn't firing on all cylinders.

carver9
I'm not impressed at all by that ft.

cdtm
I'm not impressed at all by that ft.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bare minimum, that's worthy of Daredevils bullet deflection feats.

Better, considering he's not using his hands.

Bouboumaster

If Stark can win, Wolverine, IMO, can win at the very least 1/10 with a lucky stab, or by sneak on him, and back stab him.

As for the fight w/o the rings: Mandarin can put some damage on Stark's suit, big whoop, Wolverine can damage the Hulk.

Bentley
If Stark can win, Wolverine, IMO, can win at the very least 1/10 with a lucky stab, or by sneak on him, and back stab him.

As for the fight w/o the rings: Mandarin can put some damage on Stark's suit, big whoop, Wolverine can damage the Hulk.

Beh, you're lowballing Mandarin then. IM >>>>>> Logan.

CPT Space Bomb
Mandarin with, Logan without.

Bouboumaster
Beh, you're lowballing Mandarin then. IM >>>>>> Logan.

You are right on the fact that IM can crush Wolverine. But without flight and repulsors, out of curiosity, who would you pick between Wolverine and Iron Man?

Tha C-Master

Anyways, I'm not really arguing Mandarin one shot KO's Wolverine every time.. What I AM arguing, is that Manadarin has speed feats putting him well and above most bricks. More than enough speed feats to keep pace with Logan, if not prove he's faster.. Enough speed to land clean hits, instead of glancing blows. And, he has plenty of feats proving he can dish out the damage, as seen in any given fight vs Iron Man...

Not unless you think Wolverine simply can't be KOed. No, some just think he can't be beat in a h2h fight unless the character is invulnerable or can't be hurt.

Scoobless
You are right on the fact that IM can crush Wolverine. But without flight and repulsors, out of curiosity, who would you pick between Wolverine and Iron Man?

Still Iron Man.

VanMae
Wolverine gives me a headache. It's so hard to tell where his power ends and his jobber-aura begins.

The Mandarin is a much more known quantity. He has the power to chi amp his strength enough to take hits from Iron Man and smash holes in his armor.

Wolverine varies so much I could see him getting KOed with a slap from a ringless Mandarin, and could just as easily see him slaughtering him. Neither result would be inconsistant with Wolverine's wildly inconsistent portrayels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.